Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (60696 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Which bible versions acknowledged it?
GNT.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

GNT.

Hmmmm.....yawns
Its centuries younger than the kjv

Please,
Next!
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Kjv senior those 2 bible by centuries....
Please try again
thrash logic!
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

thrash logic!

Of course, anything that defeats u is rubbish.

Na today?

Next!
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
blueyedgeek:
I feel like God in all his glory surely could have found a better way to correct these wicked people rather than commanding them to be wiped off the face of the earth.

400 years is meaningless to God (seeing as he is not bound by time or space) and he is also all knowing and can do all things (frankly, I don't see the point of all the brouhaha of waiting for the Canaanites to change when the change could simply be willed. I mean, he had no problem with hardening Pharoah's heart so not messing with free will is out of the way. )

The Israelites were supposed to be a shining light to the other nations of the world but did they go about it in the best way possible? Why couldn't they show the world a better way to go about doing things rather than pillaging lands and killing children?

Couldn't they have been a force for peace rather than war? Couldn't they have not repayed evil for evil? Couldn't they have showed the other nations of the world the path to the one true God?

why not just forgive?

Or since he loves intervening...why not just simply wire their minds towards himself and save the bloodbath?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . So randomperson who assents to abortion is condemning the extermination of infants

Is he confused or what grin

That guy is a complete joke

Utter joke.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Jesus has come,
So no more excuses for killing.

This is the era of grace.
Of course, u dont know that.

Next!

Exactly ! You nailed it . Christ came and its all over .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Hmmmm.....yawns Its centuries younger than the kjv
Please, Next!
see your logic
pentecostialism is younger than catholicism.. Therefore catholicism is correct!
Shameful!
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Ranchhoddas: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Jericho was part of Canaan .
So they were killed by virtue of their being part of Canaan and not because of any offence right?
Secondly, did you get this information by revelation or did you read it from an apologist website?

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Of course, anything that defeats u is rubbish.
Na today?
Next!
you have no idea about the manuscripts from which the kjv originated...
I can conclude so
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

see your logic

pentecostialism is younger than catholicism..
Therefore catholicism is correct!

Shameful!

"Catholicism" simply means universal...
"Pentecostalism" is a stereotype given by men

None will take u to heaven.
Only Jesus takes u there

U dont have point. None cant be related to documents
Next
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Jesus has come, So no more excuses for killing.
This is the era of grace. Of course, u dont know that.
Next!
see rubbish.. Wetin concern jesus with allah?(apart from being a messenger)
Answer me...is the bible to dictate for the quran when its time?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

you have no idea about the manuscripts from which the kjv originated...

I can conclude so

Abeg bring out the manuscript
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

see rubbish..
Wetin concern jesus with allah?(apart from being a messenger)

Answer me...is the bible to dictate for the quran when its time?

The quran tells the prophet to follow the teaching of Jesus.
Jesus said "love ur enemies"

Ignorance will not let u know that.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

"Catholicism" simply means universal... "Pentecostalism" is a stereotype given by men
you know what i mean bro... Roman catholicism or orthordox ..so answer... Is pentecostialism wrong
None will take u to heaven. Only Jesus takes u there
non sequitur
U dont have point. None cant be related to documents Next
from where did their various doctrines come from? The sky?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly ! You nailed it . Christ came and its all over .

In other words those actions were wrong abi?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

The guy is tring to have it both ways. He's trying to use semantics to say ohh, kill all the amalekites doesn't mean you should all kill them, it's just an expression that means you are to win the battle and all the other NONSENSE thrash people like William Craig use. In William Craigs attempt to play such games he said in his debate with Eddy Tabash that maybe God did not tell the Israelites to write down all the things they wrote down meaning they lied. See the extent these apologist can go. Recently he just say he doesn't like talking about OT morality. He just makes his case for the moral argument and goes, if you try to drag him to defend the actions of God in the OT he'll just tell you he doesn't want to do that, which is more honest that most of the jargon he used to spew before.

You are the same person that said English Translation is rubbish and now that a Christian philosopher has put outside this English translation and properly explained the text with archaeological evidence , he is now trying to use semantics ? undecided

You are just like you mentor Richard Dawkins . If anything supports Christianity being discredited then he embraces it but when the same thing now supports the verity of Christian beliefs , he now goes against it . grin

Please download Paul Copan's book and read it .

I am just watching this drama in 3D cool

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

The quran tells the prophet to follow the teaching of Jesus. Jesus said "love ur enemies"
stop being a clown...
You can Avoid the question as you like...i dont have time for clowns..
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

The quran tells the prophet to follow the teaching of Jesus.
Jesus said "love ur enemies"

Where did the Koran say that people should follow the teachings of Jesus you liar? State clearly where the Koran say that people should follow the teachings of Jesus.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

you know what i mean bro...
Roman catholicism or orthordox
..so answer...
Is pentecostialism wrong

non sequitur

from where did their various doctrines come from?
The sky?

We r still talking documents.

Please focus.
Dont jump out of the window.

I need facts, please.
Or ur Wikipedia has crashed again today?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

Where did the Koran say that people should follow the teachings of Jesus you liar? State clearly where the Koran say that people should follow the teachings of Jesus.

Please i dont have time to do this again for u.
I have done it for u before.

All u do is to move to another route, when i post it.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

My siblings are alive, u have no point.

A simple question of yes or no, has gotten to my siblings...Wow

Of course , what can i expect from an atheist?
It's a hypothetical question. U compared human beings to ants and other animals. And I showed u the analogy is silly by pointing to your siblings... But u still wanted to remain loyal to the silly analogy. So...
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

stop being a clown...

You can Avoid the question as you like...i dont have time for clowns..

Next!
No point made, still.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are the same person that said English Translation is rubbish and now that a Christian philosopher has put outside this English translation and properly explained the text with archaeological evidence , he is now trying semantics ? undecided

You are just like you mentor Richard Dawkins . If anything supports Christianity being discredited then he embraces then when the same thing now supports the verity of Christian beliefs , he now goes against it .

Please download his book and read it .

I am just watching this drama in 3D cool

That's why I said the guy is speaking from both sides of his mouth. If we are to go by archeological evidence the biblical narrative of the conquest is all a myth because non of it is historical. I was just pointing to his double speak. These apologist are used to these kind of tactics. They will change the meaning of words and give them their own personal meaning as if that is what those words truly mean just because they want to explain absurdity away.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

It's a hypothetical question. U compared human beings to ants and other animals. And I showed u the analogy is silly by pointing to your siblings... But u still wanted to remain loyal to the silly analogy. So...

I never compared anything.
U were the first and only person to ask "sibling" question.

Stop telling lies.
I asked u a simple yes/no question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Abeg bring out the manuscript
wait for me... grin
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

wait for me...
grin

I am always here.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Please i dont have time to do this again for u.
I have done it for u before.

All u do is to move to another route, when i post it.

You did no such thing. Show us specifically where the Koran says that people should follow the teachings of Jesus you liar.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

We r still talking documents.
Please focus. Dont jump out of the window.
I need facts, please. Or ur Wikipedia has crashed again today?
please go and sleep...
Red herring master
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

dont mind the liar..

He's a clown...

I come dey wonder why i quote person wey no dey ever serious
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

You did no such thing. Show us specifically where the Koran says that people should follow the teachings of Jesus you liar.

Is it not u again?
U forgot the day i demonstrated your double mouth nature?

Check that day, u will find it.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

please go and sleep...

Red herring master

Cop out.
Wikipedia don blow

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply)

The Largest Religion In Nigeria? Islam Or Christianity? Detailed Analysis / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.