Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? (55066 Views)

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by MadeInSpain2015(m): 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
Na so he B...100\100
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Vickiweezy(m): 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
Okpabana:

Port Harcourt is definitely a no. What's in PHC apart from oil and criminalities? No good road networks, markets and taxis taken over major roads, no drainage systems, electricity supply poor, GRA full of clubs instead of serenity, traffic light just coming up etc. grin grin grin

stpat1:

What is in Port Harcourt?

FYI, Rivers is the 2nd state with the highest GDP in Nigeria right after Lagos state... #fact

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by IYANGBALI: 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
robonski15:
As far as i am concern ENUGU should be on that list..
you want make dem kidnap person?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by GGirll: 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Enugu, coal city
portharcourt
Calabar
Lagos
Ibadan

I am not being biased, i've been to these cities except Calabar but my friends living there tells good stories about them
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Rollwitu(f): 12:10am On Dec 30, 2016
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Omudia11: 12:11am On Dec 30, 2016
Are you kidding? Enugu when there's Abuja and PH?
FreeGlobe:

Any list without Enugu as #1 is thrash, ignorant and DOA
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Omudia11: 12:16am On Dec 30, 2016
Still under construction bit still the best in Nigeria. I've been literally everywhere in Abj and its undeniably the best in Nigeria.

By the way, central area and poor road network don't belong in the same sentence.
oglalasioux:

Please you've overhyped Abuja. Do you live there or you visited for just a day? Have you been to places like Galadimawa, Lugbe and Lokogoma and seen the roads there? You'll edit your opinion of Abuja after you do. Abuja is largely still under construction. Even the central business district has poor road networks due to uncompleted roads. Please don't pull things out of Wikipedia. Give firsthand information.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 30, 2016
modivaz:
U missed one. BORNO...thank you

Thank you ke.

Borno no be city.
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Omudia11: 12:20am On Dec 30, 2016
pls visit abuja.
GGirll:
Enugu, coal city
portharcourt
Calabar
Lagos
Ibadan

I am not being biased, i've been to these cities except Calabar but my friends living there tells good stories about them
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by chizidgreat(m): 12:30am On Dec 30, 2016
Rollwitu:
v. Abeokuta

Located in Ogun State, Abeokuta is the ancient city of the Egbas, the Ijebus, and others descended from a common ancestry. The Olumo Rock is the main feature of Abeokuta, and the name literarily means “under the stone/rock” to depict how its ancient people hid in rocks during ancient tribal wars. It is a very traditional place to live in with lots of fascinating attractions to delight the eyes and mind.

Living in this city is cheap because of abundant houses and food supplies, and it also hosts a people warm toward one another. The road network is averagely good and power supply is stable. The security is also good and there is very low rate of crime in the city, with everyone acting as vigilante to the other.

There are hotels and guest houses to cater to your lodging, and recreational facilities to meet your needs. Business opportunities here could be drab just like in Ibadan, but the people manage to get by. There is no major airport, but transportation by land is never a problem

clarification
I am not Yoruba, am Hausa
Secondly it's a repost so not my personal view
But original author gave some strong points, that's why I asked if you all agreed or not
And it's not tribalistic thing because if I was I wouldn't have posted a topic like this with no single northern state (counting Abuja as middlebelt)

Ibadan has an active airport

Oga ,Ibadan e nweghi any road network
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by lovehasnoe: 12:49am On Dec 30, 2016
BREAKING: Russians To Leave U.S Within 72 Hours - Obama[b][/b]

In response to Russian Hacking in the Election President Obama has expelled 35 Russian “Diplomats” and imposed new sanctions on Russia.

The Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation said today that Russian military and intelligence organizations hacked digital files belonging to the Democratic National Committee and continue to target U.S. entities.

Obama issued an executive order, amending his April 2015 decree to expand authorization for a response to certain cyber activity that seeks to interfere with or undermine U.S. election processes and institutions.

The president said that the State Department is also shutting down two Russian compounds, in Maryland and New York, used by Russian personnel for intelligence-related purposes, and has ordered 35 Russian intelligence operatives to leave the U.S. within 72 hours.

FULL GIST HERE >> http://www.gistlocker.com/2016/12/breaking-russians-to-leave-us-within-72.html

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Rickcutie(m): 12:54am On Dec 30, 2016
ogorwyne:
OP u need to visit more places. Enugu really has to be there. Abeokuta sef, na wa. which kain brown brown roof full there like that?
So which part of enugu have u visited?
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by skimmy005: 1:24am On Dec 30, 2016
Edo 4 lyf
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by slysteel: 1:28am On Dec 30, 2016
This person never travel pass ibadan and abeokuta before,na serious local boy...
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by SmartyPants(m): 1:36am On Dec 30, 2016
I especially want to see Enugu to get a good feel of what the East is all about. May God grant us the grace to build this nation.
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by SmartyPants(m): 1:45am On Dec 30, 2016
othman11:
Gombe ?? Kaduna??

Gombe? Did this guy seriously just nominate Gombe?

I have been to Gombe, although that was a few years back... but there was not much going on in Gombe back then, at all. As far as Nothern cities go Kaduna, Kano and Jos might be mentioned but then, when considering places to live in Nigeria you want to talk about places that have a nice, free atmosphere where you can live in relative peace and not have to worry about getting accused of blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by iAlvini(m): 2:02am On Dec 30, 2016
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Rick9(m): 2:09am On Dec 30, 2016
Benin City, arrant nonsense , I live in Benin City ok so remove Benin City from that list.
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by NEROSKY(m): 2:11am On Dec 30, 2016
TuCloz:
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Jos
4. Port Harcourt
5. Ibadan
6. Calabar
7. Enugu
8. Akure
9. Makurdi
10. Benin
Guy if Enugu nobi number one forget the list
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by emmadubai(m): 2:12am On Dec 30, 2016
My dear u never start if uyo no follow for ur list... u can check this out for yourself
http://www.ibomtourism.com/2016/10/25-most-beautiful-tourist-locations-in.html
Not only dat, she's got d most cheerful and peaceful persons in Nija
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by NEROSKY(m): 2:12am On Dec 30, 2016
Rollwitu:
iii. Ibadan

Ibadan is an ancient, laid back city in Oyo State – the center of the Pan Yoruba race. Ibadan is much more serene and peaceful and even very dull compared to Lagos. It has all the trappings of an ancient city, but it is more or less the biggest city in West Africa. Business is always dull in Ibadan, and it is a dead city from the perspectives of those struggling all their lives in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.

Housing is very cheap in Ibadan, except in GRAs and areas dominated by wealthy industrialists. The road network was terrible, but has now been greatly improved under the previous and current administrations. Power supply is terrible and affects businesses here, but people manage to get by with power generators.

Ibadan is the most peaceful city in Nigeria and the cheapest to live in in terms of acincommodation, lodging, food, and basic necessities of life. The first university in Nigeria – the University of Ibadan, is located here, and the standardized UCH is here. There is no more any active airport in Ibadan, but it is very safe and serene to live in. Business opportunities also abound in the city, but this cannot be compared to Lagos or Abuja.
Guy if Enugu nobi number one after Lag & ABJ forget the list
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by NEROSKY(m): 2:17am On Dec 30, 2016
Jadeite:
Where is Awka??
Awka ko Oka ni... We're talking of well established cities like 042 (ENUGU) where u come and wouldn't want to leave you're saying Awka! cry... No lemme deposit slap 4ur chic o!! undecided sad sad

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by fkdmods: 3:10am On Dec 30, 2016
Vickiweezy:
Stupid analysis @op..
Have you ever been to port-harcourt?
You just wan hype yorubaland

Port-harcourt? Seriously?
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Exciton(m): 3:39am On Dec 30, 2016
Huge traffic, pollution, poor security, expensive housing, etc. I honestly don't understand why Lagos is on anyone's list. Abeokuta is a far better place to live in than Lagos.

Ibadan Enugu and Abuja tops my list. Kaduna should be there but they've got a bigoted governor.

Heard Jos and Calabar are also nice places, would like to visit.
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by ernieboy(m): 4:48am On Dec 30, 2016
Eyor1:
Hmm, una don Yorubarise this post.... Where una keep Port Harcourt?
why are people shouting pH? the op is not talking about commerce or economy, pH is one of the most crime ridden cities in Nigeria where cult activities and insecurity are the order of the day.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by ernieboy(m): 4:50am On Dec 30, 2016
omofunaab:
Many have not being to abeokuta before, that's why they are saying rubbish

Op is saying best places to reside, abeokuta is peaceful, the cost of living in abeokuta is low and it has good road networks..
I winder o, people are just using sentiment to respond imagine she mentioning PH where there is much insecurity and cultism.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by ernieboy(m): 4:57am On Dec 30, 2016
edudguy:
Lagos is just one funny kind of place to live in everyone is in a haste.. I noticed it when I started school in the East (Anambra). Everyone is friendly, whenever someone enters a bus he greets everyone and says Hi.. No much crowd and you hardly see traffic jam,Drivers will be pleading with you to enter their bus, but in Lagos? If I hear. If someone enters a bus the first thing he'll do is to fight and argue with people in the bus (Shift jor I said shift). Don't get me started with the traffic. Lets just say almost everyone in Lagos is always in a bad mood

friendly? east? the eastern States are some of the most inhospitable places to live in unless of course if you are Ibo.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by labbyk(m): 5:28am On Dec 30, 2016
bettercreature:
Lagos is not the best city to live
We are suffering.
No peace in lagos
then commit for there sad[size=8pt][/size] who dey force you to live there ?
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Jobos(m): 5:56am On Dec 30, 2016
bettercreature:
Lagos is not the best city to live
We are suffering.y
No peace in lagos

And you refuse to leave lagos to your state capital or better still Abuja .
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by oglalasioux(m): 5:57am On Dec 30, 2016
Omudia11:
Still under construction bit still the best in Nigeria. I've been literally everywhere in Abj and its undeniably the best in Nigeria.

By the way, central area and poor road network don't belong in the same sentence.

I believe everywhere you've been in Abuja you were greeted with smelly, noisy, dusty villages. One is not supposed to see slums side by side with your beautiful Abuja. You'll find slums and sleaze side by side with splendor even in Asokoro. A pathetic slum greets you from the air when landing at the airport. Until these slums are cleared please don't praise the city to high heavens.

Is the central area supposed to have one way lanes? Do you know a visitor can never drive into the central area due to the confusion there and the hungry policemen who lurk around knowing fully well a mugu must fall? The singular reason driving in Abuja's central area is difficult is because 50 percent of the roads there are uncompleted. Both avenues taking you into and out of Abuja from the airport have single lanes. Is that OK for the best city in Nigeria?
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 30, 2016
Rollwitu:

It's not my analysis, and am not Yoruba but Hausa smiley

Next time you see something like this, edit it for the sake of the Igbos and add 3 SE cities biko.

I think they are very emotional.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by seriousstudies: 6:13am On Dec 30, 2016
Eyaaaa, u came here to tell us how myopic u are . At your age u have not, Visited, Enugu,Portharcourt, Owerri,and Uyo.... Bia, Omo Yoruba, u need to start travelling, Ok. U are no longer a kid. Thank u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? / OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.