Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss (42560 Views)

Ibrahim Magu Wears Buhari's Campaign Lapel, Nigerians React / Buhari Removes Mamora, Bugaje And Tallen From New Ambassadorial List / Breaking: Again, Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman, States Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by me69: 7:43am On Dec 31, 2016
akelicious:
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, may have finally been removed from office.
His redeployment back to Nigerian Police Force (NPF) was to pave way for a fresh person to be presented by President Muhammadu Buhari as the nominee to head the anti-graft agency before the Senate.
The Guardian gathered to make the situation look like a routine exercise, some senior Police officers would be re-deployed by the Police hierarchy to resume as conventional Police officers.
It was equally reliably gathered yesterday that the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has already issued a leter to Magu on the development and directed that he hands over to the Director of Operations in the Commission.
Magu’s nomination was recently rejected by the Senate following allegation of graft levelled against him by the Department of State Security Service (DSS).

http://t.guardian.ng/news/buhari-removes-magu-as-efcc-boss/
If it's true PMB is making a great mistake and sending the message that his anti corruption war is fake.
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by ajepako(f): 7:44am On Dec 31, 2016
Atiku2019:

DONSMITH is Tired grin grin

You missed the guessing game...
lt's not Donsmith..
lt's dro.....get it now?
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 31, 2016
sarrki:

Quote me where I supported magu
I don't have time for that, na me wan go dey search through your posts?, you and I and Nairalanders know you are an all weather, aka any where belle face

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by me69: 7:45am On Dec 31, 2016
Atiku2019:

Hire who you deem fit? Was it Atiku who hired Magu? grin grin All Buhari's ministers/ SGF/Chief of Staff are Incompetent aside the Great Dr IBE KACHIKWU
Because you are from the south Eastern region?
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by Jokerman(m): 7:46am On Dec 31, 2016
me69:
If it's true PMB is making a great mistake and sending the message that his anti corruption war is fake.

Has his corruption war ever been true??
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by me69: 7:47am On Dec 31, 2016
Sealeddeal:
It's clear that Magu is corrupt. The Saint Magu who convicts people on pages of newspaper. Corrupt man fighting corruption.
What proof do you have. Rather you are corrupt just as the people fighting magu for fighting corruption hard
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by doctokwus: 7:49am On Dec 31, 2016
lastpage:

If truly Buhari has replaced Magu, under pressure from the Rogues in the National Assembly, then it means that Buhari has surrendered and Corruption has won the battle.

But even more importantly, since Buhari was elected on the basis of fighting corruption, we can conclude the Buhari himself has FAILED!

CORRUPTION HAS DEFEATED BUHARI, HANDS DOWN.
BUHARI CAN NOW GO BACK TO HIS COWS.

END OF STORY.

Lastpage!
Yet Kyari remains.Dambazzau remains,Buratai remains.
Fashola had a worse case of inflating a borehole & a website contract,amongts other contract and landed property scams,exposed by d same state goverment he oversaw,yet d cattle rearer made him a super minister!
When a non sworn-in Saraki childishly outsmarted d then already sworn in PMB,was wen i started having my fears about d capacity of d person i so much blived in,but i had hoped it was just a bitter learning experience from which d president wud be made tougher,more motivated and sharpened in his intellect.
Events since then (every single one of his actions,inactions& decisions) till d present av now left me in no doubt Buhari was just a mirage that neither has the intellect nor innate capacity to give us d desired change.A painful bone stuck in one's throat,wishing it wud just go away!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by legendte(m): 7:50am On Dec 31, 2016
sarrki:

Compliment of the season brother

2017 is going to be a great year.

Individually and as a country we will excel.
You are the only zombie that I respect

Very matured

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by me69: 7:50am On Dec 31, 2016
IF THEY THINK HE'S CORRUPT LET THEM CHARGE HIM. IF THEY DON'T IT MEANS THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST HIM.
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by kassy777: 7:50am On Dec 31, 2016
sarrki:
Good one baba

Hire who you deem fit

Fire who you feel is not working

We gave you the mandate to do so

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
rubbish. He should remove Amaechi, then we will know Buhari is normal. If Magu had given him billions for his election campaign, he will never remove Magu. Dull president. Beside, Magu may not be returning enough cash as Buhari expects from Magu. Thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by Dcomrade(m): 7:51am On Dec 31, 2016
sarrki:

Advanced wailers will never seize to amuse me

Baba have spoken. That's final

Magu,Babachir, Fayemi, shitu and Abba kyari and many

More should be shown the way out.

Should the above happen, then PMB will definitely earn my trust and support on his fight against corruption!!!!!
But they shouldn't just be allowed to go without prosecuting them anyway.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by coolplanet: 7:51am On Dec 31, 2016
sarrki:
Good one baba

Hire who you deem fit

Can't the FG give the appointment to a credible person. Ribadu is a good replacement if the govt is really serious. He will never compromise cos of his achievements.
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by Candyrain(m): 7:53am On Dec 31, 2016
2dugged:
unfortunately I doubt will can get it right, seeing that so called upright men union joining politics start talking from both sides of the mouth

We can only hope against hope just like father Abraham did. It's really unfortunate we are in this mess that looks irredeemable.
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by duni04(m): 7:55am On Dec 31, 2016
Princedaniel:

I tire for una o.

Which corruption is fighting back?
Do you want a corrupt nominee to be in charge of our major anti-graft agency? Are you saying there's no a more fearceful no nonsense individual in the whole of Nigeria?

Buhari delayed sending Magu's name to Senate because of the report. It was even the VP that sent it while Buhari was out the country. And Buhari diddnt want to disgrace his VP by withdrawing magu. So he let the Senate do their work.

Magu had some powerful corrupt Nigerians backing his nomination through the media; and Buhari is aware of this.

Abeg, every thing shouldn't be about politics.
You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. All the DSS allegations against Magu were false, we all confirmed it. All the newspapers did investigations and confirmed they were false.
If you look at things objectively, all the processes leading up to Magu's removal were illegal and fraudulent because it was actually corrupt people that wanted him out.
His delayed screening before the senate, the refusal of the Senate President to screen him since July, the secret screening before a subcommittee instead of the Senate, the concocted allegations the DSS raised, everything they used to remove this man was fraught in fraud. I wish Magu the very best. Only the Likes of FFK, Fayose and Abba Kyari will gloat at this kind of news. Nigeria really wasn't ready and is not deserving of someone as upright and incorruptible as Magu.
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
But, I thought zombies said Magu isn't going anywhere??

Oga Magi or Magun, be good officer & don't hesitate to vacate that N40m mansion. Thanks

Hmmmmmm

Leave my man alone
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 31, 2016
Candyrain:

We can only hope against hope just like father Abraham did. It's really unfortunate we are in this mess that looks irredeemable.
there is no point to hope when the masses have failed to realised that this polithiefians are cashing in on our division along whatever lines to milk us dry, thay have made it look like there is ruling party and opposition party so we can take sides but the truth is there are only two sides, the polithiefians and that masses, and until we realise that, only then will will be able to demand for a government that puts the interest of the people first
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by boneyard: 8:01am On Dec 31, 2016
Removing him is not enough, he should be locked up and tried. Is that not how they have been treating others with corruption cases? Let him be arrested and tried joor?
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:01am On Dec 31, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Hmmmmmm

Leave my man alone
eye cannor comman hold your man nah
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by yinkslinks(m): 8:02am On Dec 31, 2016
Damn this life sef. Now he will be reduced to nobody. Nigerians should learn on how to resign when its hot. He will never be respected again and will be sacked from the force. Foolish man
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by Pennywise(m): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2016
No illusions here. In Nigeria, corruption rules.

Buhari should either resign or be impeached by the progressive elements in the Senate who love Nigeria.

He is a fraud. He hasn't come to fight corruption.

Without Tunde Idiagbon, Buhari could not have done anything. Idiagbon was the hero. Buhari came to reap where he did not sow.

The only true prospect of an upright and incorrigible EFCC chairperson since Ribadu has been extinguished by corrupt senators. And Buhari allowed them in order to save his Hide and be president for as long as possible.

International donors to the EFCC are taking note just as diplomats of countries we hope will lead us out of this quagmire.

Upright citizens in positions of authority have taken note. likewise career crooks in public office.

At N500 to the dollar and crippling inflation, what then is the basis for the sacrifice we are being asked to make if corruption continues to rule Nigeria through the Senate?
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:05am On Dec 31, 2016
In a matter of weeks another Northerner will occupy that seat. It is their birthright to be EFCC chairman/Chairperson. What I find quite amazing is Southerners cowardly refusal to kick against this obvious slap on our faces.

How can we allow people of northern extraction to be occupying that seat right from inception! So they are the only ones that can do the job? Our timidity when it comes to managing the affairs of this nation is unrivalled.It can only mean that we accept their senseless claim as owners of Nigeria.

Wake up southern folks!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by modsfucker: 8:13am On Dec 31, 2016
Shebi the fake prophets have prophesized that Magu will face more problems in heading EFCC come 2017.... This one don fail, next please.
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:17am On Dec 31, 2016
amaechi and fashola be next
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by nonjebose(m): 8:20am On Dec 31, 2016
doctokwus:

Yet Kyari remains.Dambazzau remains,Buratai remains.
Fashola had a worse case of inflating a borehole & a website contract,amongts other contract and landed property scams,exposed by d same state goverment he oversaw,yet d cattle rearer made him a super minister!
When a non sworn-in Saraki childishly outsmarted d then already sworn in PMB,was wen i started having my fears about d capacity of d person i so much blived in,but i had hoped it was just a bitter learning experience from which d president wud be made tougher,more motivated and sharpened in his intellect.
Events since then (every single one of his actions,inactions& decisions) till d present av now left me in no doubt Buhari was just a mirage that neither has the intellect nor innate capacity to give us d desired change.A painful bone stuck in one's throat,wishing it wud just go away!
Well articulated. He seems to be lost in the game of politics. His selection of aides was always going to be problematic considering the strange bed fellows he had during campaign. He made it worse by failing to stoically lean on public opinion with regards to dealing with political jobbers, sycophants and lobbyists who swarm to him
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by CplusJason: 8:29am On Dec 31, 2016
2dugged:
stop talking from both sides of your mouth, so unstable like the waves of the sea, one minute you are defending magu, the next minute you are saying something else, patriot my foot!
If you take the witless Oba of Zombies patriotic truckload of bullshit serious before, please don't do that again.

I know the reason why i gave him that title. He's just like his long lost father; Mr.Solomon Dalung.
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by APCmyheart(m): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
But, I thought zombies said Magu isn't going anywhere??

Oga Magi or Magun, be good officer & don't hesitate to vacate that N40m mansion. Thanks

LOL wailers are happy thinking that their pay masters will be free, But mind you who is coming next will be worse than Magu hahahah....

Mind you magu will be promoted soon..
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by APCmyheart(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2016
sarrki:
Good one baba

Hire who you deem fit

Na so jare, But wailers are so happy thinking their pay masters will be freed... I foresee some arrest soon with the person that will be appoint..

PMB will never accept this as defeat...
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by APCmyheart(m): 8:37am On Dec 31, 2016
sarrki:

Advanced wailers will never seize to amuse me

Baba have spoken. That's final

Magu,Babachir, Fayemi, shitu and Abba kyari and many

More should be shown the way out.

Exactly, Redeployment will be done in january..
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by Candyrain(m): 8:37am On Dec 31, 2016
2dugged:
there is no point to hope when the masses have failed to realised that this polithiefians are cashing in on our division along whatever lines to milk us dry, thay have made it look like there is ruling party and opposition party so we can take sides but the truth is there are only two sides, the polithiefians and that masses, and until we realise that, only then will will be able to demand for a government that puts the interest of the people first

I couldn't agree more with you.
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by APCmyheart(m): 8:39am On Dec 31, 2016
Atiku2019:

Hire who you deem fit? Was it Atiku who hired Magu? grin grin All Buhari's ministers/ SGF/Chief of Staff are Incompetent aside the Great Dr IBE KACHIKWU

Magu has done a very good job so far..
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by nonjebose(m): 8:40am On Dec 31, 2016
2dugged:
You my friend is wise. This has always been my position. The proposed stupid mega party is only a confraternity of disgruntled politicians from both APC and PDP. The party system politics practiced, is based on the " bread and butter" rationale. The ruling political elite see the masses as a ready tool for servitude and destabilization. Ethnic and religious difference which readily divide the masses is a historic weapon in the hands of these political vultures, who will never leave the table of fat things. Making political offices financially unattractive via bills or constitutional reforms has been vehemently fought by assembly men irrespective of tribe, creed or party affiliations. Politicians are the enemies of the state!!!
Re: Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss by APCmyheart(m): 8:41am On Dec 31, 2016
Vicolan:
Finally Senate go happy die oo

But the next man might be a badoo oooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Work Continues On 2nd Niger Bridge (Photos) / Sowore, Dasuki: Timi Frank Thanks USA, Says America True Police Of The World / Datti Baba-Ahmed Unveiled As Labour Party VP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.