Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari (26388 Views)

Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 / Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Ebulonse(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2017
tundafayaBuhari:
if I call Buhari a "foolish president" zombies will say that it is still early . but Buhari is senseless
Abeg Who is Buhari sef
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by ogashman(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2017
ona ko nonsense!
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by passyhansome(m): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2017
bayelsaowei:
buhari is that pale horse in revelations that brings hunger and sufferings...

I spit on the idiots who voted for this man thinking he would initiate change..starting with tinubu the grand mumu.. angry

Am telling you Bro, they claim to be the most educated, but lack intelligence

2 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Ebulonse(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2017
coputa:
Give us one concrete reason why he should be overthrown again.
1 reason is beacause never in d history of Nigeria has a bag of 50kg rice sold for 26500.
2nd reason is that never in the history of dz country has naira bn exchanged for 660/$1.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by delishpot: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2017
Okay, I Don hear. Truth be told, you left as you entered. You overthrow someone to grab the seat and someone else also overthrow you to grab the seat. Military life! The only reason to carry out coup is to gain and control power among your inner circle not so much out of concern for the masses.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2017
I just wish this our president had intelligent friends like okonjo iweala, i wudn't mind his northernize appointments.

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 02, 2017
vic155:

Let me take u back a little, when PMB came back from medical trip he organized a dinner with business men Aliko Dangote was there they where discussing with Buhari, Dangote was complaining within a week he lost millions of naira because of the dollar fluctuation, then Buhari was like ohhh what happen why do they change the price what is wrong and that was the time Buhari got to know Naira was devalued. Nigeria is stupid country the powerful forces that are taking advantage of our ignorance and I don't care attitude of the masses to stand and say no to their leaders is what is hunting us. Most of the so called developed countries we are the ones developing them at the detriment of our own failure US, Brazil, China, even India without our market they are going no where. The IMF are the powerful forces using the cabal in every administration to nail our country down, and we the masses we are the ones to stand against it.
If buhari didn't know about the naira crashing on a regular basis means he is a numbskull.He gives order in every policy that his men are implementing.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by coputa(m): 9:12am On Jan 02, 2017
Ebulonse:

he need to be throwayed(if such word actually exist in d dictionary)coz he is a bad people.who as brought untold hardship upon Nigerians.
Nigerians has been experiencing hardship from time,it does not start with Buhari.The resources that was meant to develop the nation were collectively and repeatedly stolen by our leaders,nothing is left on ground,just empty rhetoric and fake promises.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by gratiaeo(m): 9:14am On Jan 02, 2017
This lunatic again

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Diligence: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2017
...according to MFM, Nigeria/ns are praying for 'Uncommon Deliverance... It's on record we warned all & sundry, but alas...

2 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Bizibi(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2017
Hahaha!!!!
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Okeikpu(m): 9:19am On Jan 02, 2017
A country created by a thief n run by thieves
Let's see how long she will last

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by justclinton(m): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2017
Bubu, Are u sure its nt u dat belongs 2 d kitchen and d other room? u are speaking YAYANPU.

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by 0b10010011: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2017
The art of the world lenders. They kick you out if you not ready to dance and that's why they will continue to adore there illustrious daughter- Okonjo Iweala for a job well done.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2017
In other words, you are scared of being overthrowned again when your case has been finalized in all ramifications.

Well done the dreamer.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2017
idupaul:
This man is clearly a lunatic living in fantasia..Does this guy realise that the Naira now trades at 500 to a single dollar ,does he realise that Nigerians now pay 145 a litre for fuel when he met it at 87 just a year ago , does he realise we pay 50 percent more for electricity than we did a year ago .. what the hell is he saying that he won't the devalue the naira when the naira is already the worst performing currency in the world under his lunacy
At the rate you are going, I hope you will not kill yourself over Buhari matter o.
You type jibber-jabber under anonymity.
You are the real, authentic and certified lunatic to expect that mess of 16 years of pdp will be cleared overnight.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Cornerstone001: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2017
PM- Buhari himself cool GCFR..
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by DavidEsq(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2017
OKDnigeria:

Please who "officially" devalued our Naira since the president said it wasn't him.
He also resisted increase in petroleum products. But we know petrol is now N145, up from N87.
So who authorized all these while the president was resisting them?
Is me o. Ayam begging, pls forgive me cheesy. Foolish old man angry

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by mikaelzX(m): 9:33am On Jan 02, 2017
freeze001:

Emefiele has got to be ingenious in sidestepping the worst parts of executive interference and of course he shares the blame when things go wrong under his watch but u really can't escape or rule out executive interference. It's not that clear cut and certainly not all black and white...it's much better to have a sane abd intelligent boss than to have to be forced to cope with or work under a dumb n ignorant thief that won't let you work.
What exactly has Emefiele achieved in the past to make you think he is such a brilliant economist being hindered by Buhari from transforming our dwindling economy?

If he's good enough, let him caution Buhari against some of their draconian policies causing harm to the economy. You really can't separate the two of them, either in praises or in blame.

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Ake1: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2017
Rise in the price of commodity especially Oil price like this is naturally because there is no more subsidies.
Fall in local currency compared to foreign currency as it happening in Nigeria is as a result dropped in foreign earnings which avail not enough foreign currency for export hence falls in values due to pressure from the exporters within.
Another factor is over dependant in foreign goods in the country. Please know before posting!
OKDnigeria:

Please who "officially" devalued our Naira since the president said it wasn't him.
He also resisted increase in petroleum products. But we know petrol is now N145, up from N87.
So who authorized all these while the president was resisting them?
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by mzzhavilah(f): 10:10am On Jan 02, 2017
sholatech:
Oh President Buhari..You still do not know?

Anytime you say publicly you will not devalue the Naira..The parallel market goes on spikes and it gets devalued on the streets where most businesses now get their dollars;

You keep enriching the few that can obtain forex from CBN at your 'Im not Devaluing artificial rate';

You keep widening incomes of those with such arbitrage privileges..

You can try again using DSS or a special military force..it can only get worse..

How did we even get here??
we are here cos of d change some Nigerians voted 4. Corruption is not even being fought like we tout. It's a useless govt all together...
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Klington: 10:10am On Jan 02, 2017
This block head must be very high on some cow milk 4rm adamant.. . Can you hear urself Mr pmb cool shocked

3 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by idupaul: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

At the rate you are going, I hope you will not kill yourself over Buhari matter o.
You type jibber-jabber under anonymity.
You are the real, authentic and certified lunatic to expect that mess of 16 years of pdp will be cleared overnight.

I voted for Buhari ,does that give you perspective now?
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Omooba77: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2017
Ake1:
Rise in the price of commodity especially Oil price like this is naturally because there is no more subsidies.
Fall in local currency compared to foreign currency as it happening in Nigeria is as a result dropped in foreign earnings which avail not enough foreign currency for export hence falls in values due to pressure from the exporters within.
Another factor is over dependant in foreign goods in the country. Please know before posting!

Some of these things are due to wrong policies sir;please check law of economics.
Despite our noise about local production; if you dont have machineries how do you work.
Please stop defending blindly.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by no1madman(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2017
Ur brain dey play tricks on u. .

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by delishpot: 10:22am On Jan 02, 2017
vic155:

Let me take u back a little, when PMB came back from medical trip he organized a dinner with business men Aliko Dangote was there they where discussing with Buhari, Dangote was complaining within a week he lost millions of naira because of the dollar fluctuation, then Buhari was like ohhh what happen why do they change the price what is wrong and that was the time Buhari got to know Naira was devalued. Nigeria is stupid country the powerful forces that are taking advantage of our ignorance and I don't care attitude of the masses to stand and say no to their leaders is what is hunting us. Most of the so called developed countries we are the ones developing them at the detriment of our own failure US, Brazil, China, even India without our market they are going no where. The IMF are the powerful forces using the cabal in every administration to nail our country down, and we the masses we are the ones to stand against it.

Your comment is even more embarrassing to Bubu.
Its like a security man saying oga, I was asleep on duty when the robbers entered your home. I wouldn't have allowed them if I wasn't sleeping on duty that day. oh oga, thief entered your house? How did they manage?

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by teozey111(m): 10:36am On Jan 02, 2017
mad cow.....no be the naira don be like Zimbabwe money so?
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 02, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
So his doing the opposite of 1984 abi 1985 and yet nothing is really walking out right cry undecided
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by ephi123(f): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2017
What a disgrace this man is. No iota of intelligence at all.

Shame.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by just2endowed: 10:44am On Jan 02, 2017
buhari was overthrown coz his economic policy fail woefully

clown
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by julioralph(m): 11:06am On Jan 02, 2017
LOL
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 02, 2017
Sweetguy25:
Anybody who voted for this bastard in 2015 is a bastard himself

Seconded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Replies Twitter User Who Called Him Out For Wearing Agbada To Farm / 2023: I Will Consult My Constituency Before I Resign – Ngige On Buhari’s Order / US Secretary Of State, Blinken, Arrives Nigeria, Visits Aso Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.