Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,744 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari (26382 Views)

Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 / Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Ake1: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2017
Which one do you call law of economics? What does the law says that's relevant to the topics?
If we reduce capital flight on such needles and irrelevant foreign commodities and services and look inwards, patronise the locally made the value of our currency will appreciate. More jobs will be created and economy will strive. I remembered sometimes last year when the currency devaluation was on burner and pmb challenge anyone to come with statistics and evident on how the devaluation has really prevented inflation since 1980 and none including Empire of Kano, Soludu or iwela came out with proof.
Nigeria have been embarking on devaluation since 80s and inflation never cease so let look for alternative of self reliance in terms of production. That was how many countries like China, India, Korea etc emerged among world strong economy today.
Omooba77:

Some of these things are due to wrong policies sir;please check law of economics.
Despite our noise about local production; if you dont have machineries how do you work.
Please stop defending blindly.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

At the rate you are going, I hope you will not kill yourself over Buhari matter o.
You type jibber-jabber under anonymity.
You are the real, authentic and certified lunatic to expect that mess of 16 years of pdp will be cleared overnight.

Your stu.pidity has just b raised to power 4.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by osazsky(m): 11:19am On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

At the rate you are going, I hope you will not kill yourself over Buhari matter o.
You are the real, authentic and certified lunatic to expect that mess of 16 years of pdp will be cleared overnight.
Which mess I prefer pdp 16yr mess to apc 1yr mess

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Omooba77: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2017
Ake1:
Which one do you call law of economics? What does the law says that's relevant to the topics?
If we reduce capital flight on such needles and irrelevant foreign commodities and services and look inwards, patronise the locally made the value of our currency will appreciate. More jobs will be created and economy will strive. I remembered sometimes last year when the currency devaluation was on burner and pmb challenge anyone to come with statistics and evident on how the devaluation has really prevented inflation since 1980 and none including Empire of Kano, Soludu or iwela came out with proof.
Nigeria have been embarking on devaluation since 80s and inflation never cease so let look for alternative of self reliance in terms of production. That was how many countries like China, India, Korea etc emerged among world strong economy today.

Do you know what devaluation is all about? Government try to fix a bench mark through CBN,but due to some fiscal policies and market forces it boomerang.
Countries like China,Japan are growing because they are sincere with National Growth Development plan.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by modupe2: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2017
Haters will always hate......irrespective of what.

three:
No Sir

You were overthrown for introducing draconian policies, economic hardship and human rights violations.

You truncated a corrupt civilian government only to create an avenue for an even more corrupt one to come to the fore

You hounded corrupt politicians while taking care of 53 suitcases

it is therefor no wonder that contrary to your claim of 'purity' (aided by your gaunt physique) you were able to send 6 of 8 children abroad to school hence your inability to make public your asset declaration as promised by yourself

You are #CleanSweepBuhari a la Jeffrey Archer

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 11:36am On Jan 02, 2017
opal4real:

Your stu.pidity has just b raised to power 4.
Lol. You own don collect gold medal.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by issy4vic: 11:49am On Jan 02, 2017
who u epp u need to b overthrow again n again

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by omolami: 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
We stands by what IBB gave as reasons for Buhari's overthrow in 1995 .Any other reasons are mere stories and deceit. IBB had said Nigerians were suffering, groaning and bitter under his administration. Bihari refused taking advice claiming Mr know all without good economic policies. Such repeating self even now.

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Omooba77: 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
omolami:
We stands by what IBB gave as reasons for Buhari's overthrow in 1995 .Any other reasons are mere stories and deceit. IBB had said Nigerians were suffering, groaning and bitter under his administration. Bihari refused taking advice claiming Mr know all without good economic policies. Such repeating self even now.

If you are above 40 you will understand how life was between January 1,1984 and August 27, 1985 . As a teacher's child we started eating all manner of meal from corn. I still blame the youth sah.

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by able20(m): 1:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
Buhari personally is not a bad guy, the issue is, he has no knowledge why he was voted as President.
He has a bad/ worst record of leadership since 1984, noten has changed about him

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by plaetton: 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

Keep telling yourself that lie.

What did we have prior to the 16 years of PDP rule ?
Can you be honest?
Can you remember?
Or were you still a toddler before 1999?

Let me remind you that 1999 marked the end of the LOCUST YEARS of Nigeria's political, social and economic life that started in 1983 with the treasonous Overthrow of a democratically elected government by none other than Mohammadu Buhari.
I guess you didn't know that ? undecided

Furthermore, 1999 to 2015 is now viewed as the Golden Era in the political and economic life of Nigeria.

From 1999 to 2015, Nigeria's democracy flourished.
From 1999 to 2015, The Rule of Law flourished.
From 1999 to 2015, Nigeria's economy flourished.
From 1999 to 2015, Nigeria's middle class flourished.
From 1999 to 2015, political, religious and ethnic plurality in the corridors of power flourished.

Compare all that with the current Era, the 2nd missionary journey( more like the 2nd MISSIONLESS journey ) of Mohammadu Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
plaetton:

Or were you still a toddler?
Oya old man, narrow your analysis to post Yaradua regimes. I am waiting.

1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by plaetton: 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

Oya old man, narrow your analysis to post Yaradua regimes. I am waiting.
Why post- Yaradua ?
Was OBJ and Yaradua not of PDP ?

You should think properly before posting cheap lies on Nairaland.

The PDP shepherded 3 successful regimes that nurtured and enabled all the successes that I mentioned in my post.

Was one Regime better than the other? Yes. That is always to be expected.

But only idiots , unthinking Zombies , or people who were toddlers in 1999 would be silly enough to say publicly that PDP ruined Nigeria.
To say such would be implying that Nigeria was great or greater prior to 1999.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
plaetton:

Why post- Yaradua ? only people who were toddlers in 1999 would be silly enough to say publicly that PDP ruined Nigeria.

Post yaradua because i will score pre-yaradua (sorry, pre Jonathan) average, but as for the internationally acclaimed ineffectual Bufforn (your brother), i join the rest of well meaning Nigeria to say 'NEVER AGAIN'.
BTW, who your age epp undecided
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by plaetton: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

Post yaradua because i will score pre-yaradua (sorry, pre Jonathan) average, but as for the internationally acclaimed ineffectual Bufforn (your brother), i join the rest of well meaning Nigeria to say 'NEVER AGAIN'.
BTW, who your age epp undecided
You have already proudly showed yourself as a very myopic person with selective amnesia on Nigeria's political and economic life from 1983 to present.
Therefore, You already score poorly on judgment.
So why should anyone trust your judgement or care about your verdict of the Jonathan era ?

The achievements of Jonathan stand tall before you, even if you close your eyes and refuse to see it.
Those achievements stand up , haunt and embarrass the current band of dinosaurs at the corridors of power.

So, whenever Buhari pulls one of a million excuses for his non performance, it is actually COGNITIVE DISSONANCE that overwhelms him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by kel5000(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
coputa:
Nigerians has been experiencing hardship from time,it does not start with Buhari.The resources that was meant to develop the nation were collectively and repeatedly stolen by our leaders,nothing is left on ground,just empty rhetoric and fake promises.
May God have mercy on ya zombie soul
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
plaetton:

The achievements of Jonathan stand tall before you, even if you close your eyes and refuse to see it.
Those achievements stand up , haunt and embarrass the current band of dinosaurs at the corridors of power.
Pls respect your age and list the imaginary achievements or stay off my mention.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by plaetton: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

Pls respect your age and list the imaginary achievements or stay off my mention.
Too late for you to run away.
You have already been caught dancing naked in the marketplace.
So, stay here and learn, for, you're obviously very ignorant and naive.

I will oblige you and list just one of many many cardinal achievements that will stand forever to embarrass Buhari and everything he represents.

Jonathan established 12 Federal universities, 6 of them in the North during his short tenure.
He established almajiri schools, the very first of its kind, to give abandoned street children in the North a Chance at life.

Now, perhaps you can list just one single achievement of Buhari during his 1st, and now 2nd Missionless journey in the social, political and economic life of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
plaetton:

You have already proudly showed yourself as a very myopic person with selective amnesia on Nigeria's political and economic life from 1983 to present.
Therefore, You already score poorly on judgment.
So why should anyone trust your judgement or care about your verdict of the Jonathan era ?

So, whenever Buhari pulls one of a million excuses for his non performance, it is actually COGNITIVE DISSONANCE that overwhelms him.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by coputa(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
kel5000:

May God have mercy on ya zombie soul
Instead of insulting me why not prove me wrong with fact and figures,we share ideas here.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by lionson(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
Tales by moonlight. grin
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Twy: 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
I sincerely doubt this news. Buhari has mentioned a few times why he was removed and not this explanation
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
plaetton:

I will oblige you and list just one of many many cardinal achievements that will stand forever to embarrass Buhari and everything he represents.

Jonathan established 12 Federal universities, 6 of them in the North during his short tenure.
He established almajiri schools, the very first of its kind, to give abandoned street children in the North a Chance at life.

Now, perhaps you can list just one single achievement of Buhari during his 1st, and now 2nd Missionless journey in the social, political and economic life of Nigeria.
Glorified secondary school, you meant?
Now, i ll tell you one thing imbecilic Jona could not do. He could not guarantee safety of lifes and properties. And if you d be truthful and fair for once in your life, you will agree baba has done excellently well in that regards.
Since you enjoy quoting me, feel free, sir, to quote me when u think of more 'achievements of Jona.
One prayer for you sir, and you must say an emphatic thundering amen to this. May God rule your life the way jona rules Nigeria.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by funstufz: 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
In otherword, he might do that to retain his seat for Second Term because it is obvious that devaluation of Naira was done indirectly....
$1 is now 300+ in banks (how many banks complies with the so called official rate), while it is 400+ unofficial and here we are still defending devaluation...
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
plaetton:

I just dey laff as i dey read ur plenty plenty grammar. Who ur grammar epp undecided
Its typical of supporters of jonathan: quick to brandish certificates (jona d most educated nigerian presido) and his fans speak big english to convince and confuse us. We now know better. What a phd holder could not achieve is now being achieved by a 'certificateless illiterate'
If you like him so much, y dont u relocte to otuoke?
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by pussypounder(m): 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
cococandy:
You're about to be overthrown again
I had a precum just looking at your dp and imagine 10 dirty things I would do to that sexy face and how sweet it would be if my tip stays inside your mouth wrapped around that full wet lips OMGG arrrrrgh I think I add another precum. My love, I have a gift for you and it's still standing. kiss
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Splashme: 3:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
malele:
When a fool speaks
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by plaetton: 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

Glorified secondary school, you meant?
Now, i ll tell you one thing imbecilic Jona could not do. He could not guarantee safety of lifes and properties. And if you d be truthful and fair for once in your life, you will agree baba has done excellently well in that regards.
Since you enjoy quoting me, feel free, sir, to quote me when u think of more 'achievements of Jona.
One prayer for you sir, and you must say an emphatic thundering amen to this. May God rule your life the way jona rules Nigeria.

You , like most Zombies must live in an alternate universe, a delusional universe.

Yeah let's talk guaranteeing life and property.
Whose life and property has Buhari protected and guaranteed ?

Is it the 1000 or more Shiites genocided by his soldiers ?

Or the thousands of citizens of Benue State and other areas massacred by Fulani Herdsmen ever since Buhari took over ?

Or is it the shooting of unarmed protestors exercising their Democratic rights in ABA and Onitsha ?

How about the recent genocidal or.gy by Islamo-Fulani-terrorists in the past week in Southern Kaduna?
Who guaranteed their lives ?

Just shut the fxxx up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
plaetton:

You , like most Zombies must live in an alternate universe, a delusional universe.

Or the thousands of citizens of Benue State and other areas massacred by Fulani Herdsmen ever since Buhari took over ?

Or is it the shooting of unarmed protestors exercising their Democratic rights in ABA and Onitsha ?

How about the recent genocidal or.gy by Islamo-Fulani-terrorists in the past week in Southern Kaduna?

Just shut the fxxx up.
You can lie for Africa.
Pls say Amen to my new year prayer request for you.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
plaetton:

Just shut the fxxx up.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

You can lie for Africa.
Pls say Amen to my new year prayer request for you.
just shut up and counter his points you toddler..you guys lined up like slaves to vote in an illiterate and you still can open your big mouth to talk..

Gej ensured miscreants like you had something doing,an economy for young minds to thrive..

What can we say about our recent lanky president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Obaseki, Ize- Iyamu To Battle For APC Ticket / What Obasanjo Said About Atiku In His Book, MY WATCH. / Summit: Patience Jonathan Denies Blocking Buhari’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.