Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari (26389 Views)

Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 / Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Royalfurnitures: 7:47am On Jan 02, 2017
You refused to devalue the naira in 1984 but returned in 2015 to totally destroy the economy with your myopic style of leadership.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by adedayoa2(f): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2017
Our problem is this black market things, swear.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by magabounce(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2017
Who cares

3 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by NNVanguard(m): 7:49am On Jan 02, 2017
We need leaders with basic knowledge of economic principles else, this nation will hardly come out of this economic mess.

In New Nigeria Vanguard we lay the foundation for good governance in this nation.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Omeokachie: 7:49am On Jan 02, 2017
Oh no! Not again!!!
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by ceejay80s(m): 7:49am On Jan 02, 2017
softMarket:
U need to be overthrowen again!
Wicked reply
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Adesiji77: 7:50am On Jan 02, 2017
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by jfleece(m): 7:50am On Jan 02, 2017
This time.. We need to devalue his old brain.. Cos it is clear Dat we are ruled by a confirmed lunatic.... And his lunacy has a devastating effect on nigerians

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by truehero(m): 7:51am On Jan 02, 2017
This man is still living in the past just like that Arsenal manager

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by nextprince: 7:51am On Jan 02, 2017
Africonji:
Just like then he may likely be overthrown again. Amen.

Just the way English has been overthrown here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by awa(m): 7:52am On Jan 02, 2017
You can lie ehhh... Wait this man what do you take us for self. If not because you are somebody Papa I for say shut up
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by 111jideofor: 7:56am On Jan 02, 2017
Hmm, this man again in this 2017 back to sender

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by ajstar: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2017
You can win up to N1000 worth of airtime for inviting your friends to join Sharebunk.
Here's how;
1. If you're not yet on sharebunk, go to http://sharebunk.com to download the App and Sign Up.
2. Invite 5 family and friends by using the Invite tab on the App menu. You may invite them via sms, email, facebook or twitter.
3. Confirm that your 5 friends Sign Up and send each friend's email address to us here -> support@sharebunk.com

...And Whala! You receive your FREE AIRTIME REWARD! ...What are you waiting for

Powered by: Sharebunk App
...Interact with Music.

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by ngwababe(f): 7:58am On Jan 02, 2017
Una don finish my President, chai!!!
Nairalanders una bad gannn!!
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by bundle33: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2017
Buhari is not fit to rule this country well...He is calling the military people leader in democracy setting...He lack the policies and administration of governance...2019 we Nigerians shall bull him out...He for increase the price of fuel...clawless President

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by wtfCode: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2017
This mumu dullard needs impeachment

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2017
PM should shut the F up and get the hell out of that position if he has nothing else to say. We all know he has no sh.it to offer. If he has a brain, let him use it and stop spewing thrash. Weed smoking irresponsible president.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by EternalTruth: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2017
softMarket:
U need to be overthrowen again!
grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by dmoville(m): 8:00am On Jan 02, 2017
You're correct president Buhari it was my grand father that increased fuel price and systematically devalued the naira. Nama

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Kobicove(m): 8:01am On Jan 02, 2017
In otherwords what you are saying is that you hurriedly devalued it now to avoid another overthrow undecided

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by GaggleNSwallow: 8:02am On Jan 02, 2017
You were overthrown for refusing to devalue the naira in 1984 and today the naira is steadily losing value since you were sworn in. I'm just wondering who's telling the lies now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by EternalTruth: 8:04am On Jan 02, 2017
nextprince:

Just the way English has been overthrown here.
sharap Mr I too know .. That English is correct, it's just a simple tautology.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by wildchild1: 8:05am On Jan 02, 2017
El Oh El

Check my signature
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by truehero(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
sholatech:
Oh President Buhari..You still do not know?

Anytime you say publicly you will not devalue the Naira..The parallel market goes on spikes and it gets devalued on the streets where most businesses now get their dollars;

You keep enriching the few that can obtain forex from CBN at your 'Im not Devaluing artificial rate';

You keep widening incomes of those with such arbitrage privileges..

You can try again using DSS or a special military force..it can only get worse..

How did we even get here??

Same question I keep asking

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by alizma: 8:08am On Jan 02, 2017
OKDnigeria:

Please who "officially" devalued our Naira since the president said it wasn't him.
He also resisted increase in petroleum products. But we know petrol is now N145, up from N87.
So who authorized all these while the president was resisting them?
free float is not the same as devaluation.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by vic155: 8:09am On Jan 02, 2017
malele:
When a fool speaks

U know nothing about leadership my friend.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by akeensbussy(m): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2017
God will help us in this country.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by callistio: 8:13am On Jan 02, 2017
grin u think Ur doing us , u are doing urself
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Billygee2u: 8:13am On Jan 02, 2017
three:
No Sir

You were overthrown for introducing draconian policies, economic hardship and human rights violations.

You truncated a corrupt civilian government only to create an avenue for an even more corrupt one to come to the fore

You hounded corrupt politicians while taking care of 53 suitcases

it is therefor no wonder that contrary to your claim of 'purity' (aided by your gaunt physique) you were able to send 6 of 8 children abroad to school hence your inability to make public your asset declaration as promised by yourself

You are #CleanSweepBuhari a la Jeffrey Archer

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by passyhansome(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2017
This man has an aura of hardship surrounding him, he must have born with hardship, he has bad luck. May God help and direct us not to make such expensive mistake again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by mikaelzX(m): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2017
freeze001:
Why does he keep sounding like he was hurt or some grave offence was committed against him? Did he not plan and execute a coup against a civilian government? He couldn't withstand his fellow military brethren that threw him out and all of them remain d demons that plague Nigeria today. He should have been summarily executed or disabled so we wouldn't be forced to cope with his brand of corruption and stupidity again!

That stupid Junaid is blaming Emefiele, is it not obvious that the CBN Governor is not independent and must accept the overriding yet ignorant position of the illiterate in office?
Emefiele should resign if he can't resist executive influence, else he would be equally at fault. You have made no point at all.

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by nextprince: 8:15am On Jan 02, 2017
EternalTruth:
sharap Mr I too know .. That English is correct, it's just a simple tautology.

And tautology is correct in English, right? U are proving to be more ignorant than I thought.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Secretary Of State, Blinken, Arrives Nigeria, Visits Aso Villa / Timipre Sylva, Oshiomhole, Kachikwu At A Church Service In Delta (Photos) / Hausa People Attack Reason Onya At Slaughter House In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.