Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari (26387 Views)

Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 / Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
bayelsaowei:
just shut up and counter his points you toddler..

Methuselah, What points are there to counter?

I can only pity you people, cos 2023 is not close. Since your friend is afraid to say amen to the prayer, will you epp him? In case you missed the prayer point, here is it: may God rule your life the way Jona ruled Nigeria.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

Methuselah, What points are there to counter?

I can only pity you people, cos 2023 is not close. Since your friend is afraid to say amen to the prayer, will you epp him? In case you missed the prayer point, here is it: may God rule your life the way Jona ruled Nigeria.
what has your old man accomplished except dishing hunger and suffering to you and the rest of nigerians...
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2017
bayelsaowei:
what has your old man accomplished except dishing hunger and suffering to you and the rest of nigerians...
In a relatively short period, he has achieved alot, but your close mindedness plus bigotry wont let u see.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
Praktikals:

In a relatively short period, he has achieved alot, but your close mindedness plus bigotry wont let u see.
grin

Achieved a lot...hehehehehe...

Hunger and suffering is enough..
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2017
bayelsaowei:
grin

Achieved a lot...hehehehehe...

Hunger and suffering is enough..
if as old as you claim to be, you dont have the hindsight to know that the hunger and suffering we are experiencing now should be blamed on jona s cluenessness and ' stealing is not corruption' body language, i can only smh for u.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by OKDnigeria: 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
Ake1:
Rise in the price of commodity especially Oil price like this is naturally because there is no more subsidies.
Fall in local currency compared to foreign currency as it happening in Nigeria is as a result dropped in foreign earnings which avail not enough foreign currency for export hence falls in values due to pressure from the exporters within.
Another factor is over dependant in foreign goods in the country. Please know before posting!
What is d official exchange rate now. And what was it b4 PMB came in. Naira has been officially devalued
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by OKDnigeria: 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
[quote author=vic155 post=52456266]

Let me take u back a little, when PMB came back from medical trip he organized a dinner with business men Aliko Dangote was there they where discussing with Buhari, Dangote was complaining within a week he lost millions of naira because of the dollar fluctuation, then Buhari was like ohhh what happen why do they change the price what is wrong and that was the time Buhari got to know Naira was devalued. Nigeria is stupid country the powerful forces that are taking advantage of our ignorance and I don't care attitude of the masses to stand and say no to their leaders is what is hunting us. Most of the so called developed countries we are the ones developing them at the detriment of our own failure US, Brazil, China, even India without our market they are going no where. The IMF are the powerful forces using the cabal in every administration to nail our country down, and we the masses we are the ones to stand against it. [/quote
So u re saying Buhari is not in charge?]
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by OKDnigeria: 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
alizma:
free float is not the same as devaluation.
If it is free float, as you called it, there won't be an official exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Cajayi(m): 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
I can see any post from PMB zombies here.. It makes the thread not interesting jàre...
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by soath(m): 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
The best for Buhari is being a defence minister under GEJ.
Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by raphy(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
That Zahra is my birthday mate am a proud sagitaurus. kiss
three:
No Sir

You were overthrown for introducing draconian policies, economic hardship and human rights violations.

You truncated a corrupt civilian government only to create an avenue for an even more corrupt one to come to the fore

You hounded corrupt politicians while taking care of 53 suitcases

it is therefor no wonder that contrary to your claim of 'purity' (aided by your gaunt physique) you were able to send 6 of 8 children abroad to school hence your inability to make public your asset declaration as promised by yourself

You are #CleanSweepBuhari a la Jeffrey Archer

Re: I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari by Babacele: 3:16am On Jan 28, 2017
plaetton:

You have already proudly showed yourself as a very myopic person with selective amnesia on Nigeria's political and economic life from 1983 to present.
Therefore, You already score poorly on judgment.
So why should anyone trust your judgement or care about your verdict of the Jonathan era ?

The achievements of Jonathan stand tall before you, even if you close your eyes and refuse to see it.
Those achievements stand up , haunt and embarrass the current band of dinosaurs at the corridors of power.

So, whenever Buhari pulls one of a million excuses for his non performance, it is actually COGNITIVE DISSONANCE that overwhelms him.
which GEJ achievements? talk make I hear....yes it is me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Meets Nigerians In South Africa, Demands Apology From Ramphosa / Plateau State Assembly Elects Minority Member As Speaker / Atiku Replies Twitter User Who Called Him Out For Wearing Agbada To Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.