Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? (6706 Views)

Poll: Will It Ever Happen?

Yes: 73% (34 votes)
No: 26% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

A Young Chinese Girl Hugged Buhari So Tight / How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2009

You are making a mistake, Dimeji Bankole is a relatively young man, isn't he?

True, I was actually thinking of him, at the same time I was making my post- doesn't he have a father who was heavily involved in politics?
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Jaybee2412(m): 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2009
The young ones are too busy with yahoo-yahoo business to be concerned with any political ambitions. Leave that for later, they need money to buy their ways into politics
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2009
Jaybee2412:

The young ones are too busy with yahoo-yahoo business to be concerned with any political ambitions. Leave that for later, they need money to buy their ways into politics
again
there are yahoo yahoo boys and people who really want a change.
not all the young ones are doing "yahoo"
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

na wa ooooo
see as you people dey yab Beaf. lolol
that was a rib cracker!  cheesy

Don't mind them jare! They are jealous cos they see me walking arm in arm with the sexiest babe in da house! cool

THE-AMAKA:

LMFAO!! @ the first part.
@ the second part
like that governor in Bayelsa state. shame, shame.

In the most recent edition of the economist, he is rated as the most econpomically transparent governor in Nigeria; the only one to bring independent foreign editors in. Don't mind what people say about him, all that was just dirty oil politics from those who should know better.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 10:21pm On Nov 21, 2009
^^^^^^ lol shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2009
so who is this bayelsa governor- never heard of him
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2009
Jaybee2412:

I don't really know his history, but the reps have a lot of supremely corrupt young blood (eg Elumelu), that there's no hope for the future except a new crop of young people fashion new ways to gain grassroots power.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 10:24pm On Nov 21, 2009
Beaf:

In the most recent edition of the economist, he is rated as the most econpomically transparent governor in Nigeria; the only one to bring independent foreign editors in. Don't mind what people say about him, all that was just dirty oil politics from those who should know better.
hmmmmm i hope you arent just defending him.
that video with him showing off his wealth while his people are suffering in that same exact state just looked heartless and like he could give a shit about their lives.
anyway sha. . . undecided
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by mamagee3(f): 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
Probably in the next generation. tongue
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
SEFAGO:

so who is this bayelsa governor- never heard of him

Can you imagine I've been wasting my money buying hard copies of the Economist. The story I mentioned is on their website here http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=14843563&CFID=93928542&CFTOKEN=59813442
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

hmmmmm i hope you arent just defending him.
that video with him showing off his wealth while his people are suffering in that same exact state just looked heartless and like he could give a shit about their lives.
anyway sha. . . undecided

Na. That was a project that those before him started, he just completed it. It wasn't about his wealth either, it was a govt building.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:31pm On Nov 21, 2009
Can you imagine I've been wasting my money buying hard copies of the Economist. The story I mentioned is on their website here http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=14843563&CFID=93928542&CFTOKEN=59813442

yeah, i just read their online stuff- but they shut stories down online as they get older so maybe having a hardcopy is good. However, I confess, I consider the economist British garbage and Western propaganda material. But they do have some good info though
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Jaybee2412(m): 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2009
Beaf:

Don't mind them jare! They are jealous cos they see me walking arm in arm with the sexiest babe in da house! cool

He has not been so wise on some white elephant projects and developments which are of no benefit to the ordinary man. Check this video below:

[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/DslTiMDZcOA[/flash]
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 10:39pm On Nov 21, 2009
i dont think thats his house - BUT IM SURE HE STEALS MONEY BECAUSE YARADUA AND OTHERS HAVE SAID IT INDIRECTLY.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Jaybee2412(m): 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2009
sjeezy8:

i dont think thats his house - BUT IM SURE HE STEALS MONEY BECAUSE YARADUA AND OTHERS HAVE SAID IT INDIRECTLY.

No Its not his personal house, but the Governor's pad. A wasteful spending of little importance to the people.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2009
haha, yeah that isn't his house- its a park or something. See the guy was trying to impress oyibo. The problem is that if the bayelsa guy was smart he would know that CNN would include bad footages of his state regardless of whatever projects he is doing.

Yep everyone na thief in nigeria, its just that thief surpass thief
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2009
sjeezy8:

Its their state house.

. . .But can you imagine Yar Adua pointing out thieves? While living in Ibori's shadow and confounding foreign courts investigating 9ja money laundering? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Jaybee2412(m): 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2009
SEFAGO:

haha, yeah that isn't his house- its a park or something. See the guy was trying to impress oyibo. The problem is that if the bayelsa guy was smart he would know that CNN would include bad footages of his state regardless of whatever projects he is doing.

Yep everyone na thief in nigeria, its just that thief surpass thief

BUT SHOULD THIS THIEVING CONTINUE FOREVER?
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2009
yep thats the video i was talking about.
exactly. no benefit to the ordinary man.
who the hell can afford to go there? tourists?

Beaf:

Its their state house.

. . .But can you imagine Yar Adua pointing out thieves? While living in Ibori's shadow and confounding foreign courts investigating 9ja money laundering? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lolol

also were those pics real of Yar Adua's son with all that money and posing on top of cars? or was that some other little kid they said is Yar Adua's son?
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2009
BUT SHOULD THIS THIEVING CONTINUE FOREVER?

Well, as you can see there is obviously no solution right now, except for us to try and work around that corruption. Meaning if you cannot beat them, then join them vigorously but intelligently. By that, I believe in stealing money and using it to start multi-corporations which cause jobs in nigeria and also sort of benefit the ppl. Like it sees there would be no end to corruption in nigeria, from what i have seen
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

yep thats the video i was talking about.
exactly. no benefit to the ordinary man.
who the hell can afford to go there? tourists?
lolol

also were those pics real of Yar Adua's son with all that money and posing on top of cars? or was that some other little kid they said is Yar Adua's son?

Yeah, that was lil Yar Adua, live and direct. . . Being groomed for the presidency (that lesson was how to care for the common man angry)
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2009
Beaf:

Yeah, that was lil Yar Adua, live and direct. . . Being groomed for the presidency (that lesson was how to care for the common man angry)
na wa for him oooo.
to even think someone can broadcast their wealth at that young age (na his papa thief that money!) while the country is in a downward spiral.
and on top of that he poses for the pictures and someone posts them on the internet?  undecided
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Jaybee2412(m): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2009
He was very proud and elated in giving the lecture.
Thank God for internet and Youtube
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2009
SEFAGO:

Well, as you can see there is obviously no solution right now, except for us to try and work around that corruption. Meaning if you cannot beat them, then join them vigorously but intelligently. By that, I believe in stealing money and using it to start multi-corporations which cause jobs in nigeria and also sort of benefit the ppl. Like it sees there would  be no end to corruption in nigeria, from what i have seen

That is defeatist. There is always a way to do the right thing. Funny, but now is the best time (maybe the only time) to tear down those forces of darkness.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Jaybee2412(m): 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2009
Beaf:

That is defeatist. There is always a way to do the right thing. Funny, but now is the best time (maybe the only time) to tear down those forces of darkness.

Our psyche had been badly affected by these unimaginable deeds of our leaders sorry looters to the extent that we can no longer think straight.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by german007(m): 11:14pm On Nov 21, 2009
@the amaka
You on facebook?
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2009
german007:

@the amaka
You on facebook?
no im not.
you?
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by centnaira: 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2009
pls volt 4 me come d next election, am just 26yrs
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

what the hell are you talking about?
was anyone talking about the young men on nairaland ??

THE-AMAKA:

tpia. is an older woman.

THE-AMAKA:

we need a young sexy president in nigeria. i will surely be his concubine. smiley cool
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2009
common sense: extremely scarce and uncommon.
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:43pm On Nov 21, 2009
tpia.:

common sense: extremely scarce and uncommon.
dont vex just because YOU werent making any sense at all. that isnt my problem.
and i dont see why youre getting all "butt-hurt" cause i said youre an older woman.
german007 called you a guy!! i was only correcting him.
and my last comment was a joke, everyone can see that.
so stop worrying yourself, okay?
Re: Will A Young Man Ever Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 22, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

dont vex just because YOU werent making any sense at all. that isnt my problem.
and i dont see why youre getting all "butt-hurt" cause i said youre an older woman.
german007 called you a guy!! i was only correcting him.
and my last comment was a joke, everyone can see that.
so stop worrying yourself, okay?

hey, stop getting your knickers in a twist over tpia sweetie.

You should be powdering your nose, getting some g strings and mini halter tops, and other lady gaga outfits so you can snag those men you're searching for on NL. One of them may be president someday, so make sure you get your claws firmly hooked on whoever it is.

while you're at it, see one of the many "babalawos" here for some jazz in case the man or men want to prove stubborn after all your hard work.

And hit the gym to tone your front and behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live / Wife Wins Late Husband’s Assembly Seat In Plateau / What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.