Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging (19327 Views)

Man Who Killed Policemen Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Bayelsa (photo) / Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by freemanj(m): 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2007
the controversial pastor rev king has been sentenced to death by hanging for alleged 1st degree burning of a member to death on a 5 count charges.so i'll like to know if its fair justice or not.your opinion counts and would be well respected
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mamaput(f): 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2007
give us a link please
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by bioye(m): 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2007
I heard the story too on Channels on the news between 7pm and 8pm Nigerian time.  I guess it will make it to the internet news sites. a couple of hours from now.

Well, I don't support the death penalty.  I would rather his sentence be commuted to life imprisonment with hard labour.  I guess he and his lawyers are preparing to appeal.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by freemanj(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2007
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by chinkolo(f): 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2007
I guess he deserves it although i dont believe in an eye 4 an eye.Y wer those people so stupid or was it poverty that made them blind undecided
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Christino(m): 12:07am On Jan 12, 2007
Ptiuu, as if it's not naija, comments next!!! grin

Before him was Jesus of Oyingbo, there's still Guru Maharaji, so what's new, make una carry go jare. cheesy

HellRazor shocked
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by kellorah: 2:07am On Jan 12, 2007
shocked shocked shocked
na wa oooo
who r we do decide whether or not fellow humans shd live or die undecided
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by newintexas: 3:06am On Jan 12, 2007
those who kill by the sword, shall die by the sword, he got his just desert
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by daprince: 3:25am On Jan 12, 2007
U wanna read all naija papers online? go to www.nigeriamasterweb.com and click on newspapers.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by kimba(m): 5:15am On Jan 12, 2007
the judgment is too late sef. They should have done it earlier.

while some people are looking for fuel for their cars, the stupid man is burning people with Petrol.

If i were in a position of power, I would have all members of his church arrested and seriously investigated. THere are still many of his followers going around and deceiving people. All of them should be thorougly dealt with.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by yahoo2(m): 7:46am On Jan 12, 2007
A fair judgement.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by TeskyMan(m): 7:49am On Jan 12, 2007
I support you jaree, Why would they have delayed it for so long, Although na God they take vengeance but King own too much but i wonder why people still refer to him as Reverend, Reverend is such a high position and i think people should stop refering to him as referend King, rather call him King or lucifer King.

I can imagin referend setting ablaze church members ,committing incessant fonication and stuffs, Well God is above and he'll judge Best.I am happy that he got the right answer to his akward behaviour, Rev ko, Rev niii,

Them suppose sentence am by setting him ablaze too instead of hanging so that he go know say "cow they mange to die,knief no go for neck"

Good day everyone,
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by dennylove(m): 8:07am On Jan 12, 2007
yes,prayer answered!!!!!!,infact, am the HaPpIeSt GUY cheesy grin,for this

sentence,because i been PRAYING N WAITING for it,

such a WICKED PASTOR doesn't deserve MERCY.

yes, this will serve as an example to those ANTI-CHRIST PASTORS. shocked shocked shocked tongue

NAME;REV KING
NCKNAME;SADDAM HUSSEIN OF NIGERIA grin shocked tongue
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by toyboy1(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2007
checkout this link
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20070112240621

i believe he deserves wat he gets.
TeskyMan:

I support you jaree, Why would they have delayed it for so long, Although na God they take vengeance but King own too much but i wonder why people still refer to him as Reverend, Reverend is such a high position and i think people should stop refering to him as referend King, rather call him King or lucifer King.

I can imagin referend setting ablaze church members ,committing incessant fonication and stuffs, Well God is above and he'll judge Best.I am happy that he got the right answer to his akward behaviour, Rev ko, Rev niii,

Them suppose sentence am by setting him ablaze too instead of hanging so that he go know say "cow they mange to die,knief no go for neck"

Good day everyone,

there are reverends every where even in the kingdom of the devil.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by GL(f): 8:20am On Jan 12, 2007
i think he deserves what he got. this would teach people not to follow just anyone who calls himself pastor or reverend but really check them out first.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by 1forall: 8:34am On Jan 12, 2007
Saw it in the news yesterday. He remained defiant even after the sentence, and it was rather irritating the way he was speaking to the cameras - not a drop of remorse. But you know what, if now he truly gives his life to Jesus and asks for forgiveness, he shall still make it to heaven.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by luckyCO(m): 8:50am On Jan 12, 2007
When are they hanging him?
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by galatico(m): 8:52am On Jan 12, 2007
It is definately fair because he who takes a mans life deserves to be killed, Fair judgement, Just like Saddam Hussien
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Christino(m): 9:38am On Jan 12, 2007
He'll prolly get a life sentence after the appeal. You wana bet?
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by brensbee22(f): 9:57am On Jan 12, 2007
Yeah,God is the Judge above all.but king has to be judged before
great harm is done,he has already done enough.

I think He deserves it.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by lafile(m): 10:05am On Jan 12, 2007
on tv last nite his followers (wearing pendants of his portrait, and with the men spotting goatees like him) were declaring that those who do not believe in him will be destroyed in hell. can u imagine? how can people be soooooooooooooooooooooooooo decieved in this day of abundant knowledge?

By the way i prayed for him last nite. i think we all should. at the end of the day, it all boils down to the devil.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2007
thats good news
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by senetee(m): 10:26am On Jan 12, 2007
Hi all,
judgement is FAIR. Sends a signal to all fake and devilish pastors. There is always payday for whatever deed sown.
Cheers.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Tonyblu(m): 11:20am On Jan 12, 2007
Well,

I ain't for Death Sentence; So I'll stick with LIFE jail Sentence, with INTENSE (not just hard) LABOUR!

This shld serve as a warning to us all follow-follow Christians.

When an individual or "pastor" begin imposing judgment on the congregation. Pple shld run for their lives.

The Jesus Christ I know NEVER really judged anybody, rather he was alleviating the suffering of the pple, healing pple, raising from d dead, teaching the Good-news, awakening our minds & souls to the Love of God.

Jesus preaches LOVE. Certain "Pastors" of these days often preached their own messages.

That guy doesn't deserve the word "Reverend" at all. He shld be a "Devilend"

This shld serve as deterrent to other Pastors & preachers alike.

Good day.

Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Kintayo(f): 11:23am On Jan 12, 2007
Hummmmmmm i call the so call pastor "Enemies of the Cross"

It is good to begin the Christians race. But to start is not enough. To finish it is even more important. When we look around us, we have several examples of those who began well, but are ending up in bad shape.
Proverbs 14:12 says: ‘There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.' Do you reflect on where your actions can lead you? Do you ever imagine that each step you take, each evil habit you continue to nourish and every act of disobedience to God's Word takes you gradually further away from the heavenly path into hell's pathway? Be careful.
When we came into the kingdom, we had sincere desire to love and serve God, so that we could eventually live with him in heaven. Along the line, some yielded to the devil's crafty manoeuves by accepting what they thought would help consolidate their carnal positions. Today, church politics in commonplace among leaders. They silence those they perceive will oppose or compete with them. They surround themselves with sycophants who daily sing their praises, to all their determent. Having begun in the spirit, many are finishing up in the flesh. The world has indeed crept into the church.
Some leaders have become enemies of the Christ through such actions. Some have even made their appetite their God. In order words, what determines the assignments they embrace for God is purely the monetary or material benefit they will derive. Have you fallen into a state where everything is carnally handled?
Also, do you take joy or pleasure in things that should cause you shame? Has your focus shifted away from heaven unto earthly things? Thank God that you have the opportunity now to turn around. Make your crooked ways straight today. Become a friend of the cross once again.
     But the truth of the matter is "Can Rev. King Die by Hanging in Nigeria?" The answer is yes if only it can be done ealier before he disapaer & The case died down just like that,
I pray That May God in HIS Infite Mercy Save those that are in the Boundage of knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by space: 11:26am On Jan 12, 2007
It is a pity that people celebrate nonsense in this country. What has that got to do with the foolishness of the so called followers. How can one in his or her right senses choose death and then when he or she dies people will now say they have convicted the death that killed him or her to death. Hahaha very funny, truly wisdom is the principal thing but understanding is the KEY thing, Space
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by peeceelove(m): 11:28am On Jan 12, 2007
As for me anything hidden under the sun will be exposed, so for Mr Rev King i wish him the best in the next life. come to think of it yesterday on channels he still had the guts to still make noise about what he did. As far as i am concern he is not immitating Jesus for jesus did not complain when he was sentenced to death but humbly accept it for the sake of the world. but my dear friend Rev King was busy complaining about the injustice. Good bye Dr King and may your soul rest well with whom you serve
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by segoye2(m): 11:55am On Jan 12, 2007
Well, I guess handing fellow human is barbaric, uncalled for and still an eye for an eye Law, I still see his crime as same as the setence.

Instead of hanging him, I will be of an opinion that he should be given something hard to keep him busy to his grave.

Whiep!, when are they hanging him fellers? can we get his hanging video just like that of Saddam please? atleast for a confirmation.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by promise72(m): 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2007
so what do u suggest they do. when he is living like a God in prison. entertaining visitors and arguing in court. i couldnt wait to pull the lever on the rope. die die die
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by ehie007(m): 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2007
i personally dont pity him if he did all what they say he did he hould be sentenced to death not by hanging but by burning. he should feel the pains of someone been burnt b4 he dies. u live by the fire u die by the fire.
there are many people like pastor king all over the world, he is not new just that his own way is new.
Remember jesu oyingbo.
there was even a guy in this country called GUYANA in south america who deceived a lot of people because of religion and later killed all most all of them by poisoning. dont know what happened to him.
theres even a guy in america presently who just formed his own religion and he said he is God chosen. he is a mexican by origin.
a lot of them have come, gone and more are still coming. the issue of fake pastors and churches is on the rise and i think the government should take this into consideration.
dont even know what is happening to this church called "WATCH MAN" only God will save us.

i wonder how peolpe will let themselves be deceived by pastor king abi he dey use jazz/juju or spell. i think they are all the same.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by firestar(f): 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2007
God is the final Judge, but we should keep in mind that you are not who you say you are until it seen by actions. Faith without works is dead, yes? Accomplish all you wish without love is as useless as a noisy clashing cymbal. With yesterday's news and probably more shocking today, we should leave our SENSES on RED ALERT!!! Anything can happen. Talk about hearing such reports in the first few weeks of 2007!!!

Be wary of wolves in sheep's covering ooooooo!!! People who hide behide a mask.
See the fruitage of the seed sown,

Just keeping it real you guys.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by topsyn(m): 12:40pm On Jan 12, 2007
Reverend King - I am following in the footsteps of Jesus. After all, he died on the cross by hanging [url]http://ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=2334 Click here to ream more[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Militia Attack Takum In Taraba, Many Dead / VIDEO: Girl Caught Stealing At Shoprite / Adesina Ogunlana, Baba Ijesha's Lawyer Speaks On His Bail (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.