Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging (19345 Views)

Man Who Killed Policemen Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Bayelsa (photo) / Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Eurphoria(f): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2007
Radiant lol ouch!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by barikade: 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2007
Reverend King deserves what he got. Period.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2007
May be he deserved to die but not that way! Gimme a break man!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by barikade: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2007
Okay, you got the break. Yet, he deserves to die an inglorious death for his inglorious crime. There's no rational behind treating him with kids glove for his murder.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2007
Ohhh please!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Christino(m): 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2007
@ Texapette?

Sir,
You said "You guys have a point: he's not the only killer out there. but we can't let that excuse stop us from prosecuting and punishing the ones we lay hands on."

We laid hands on Al Mustapha, Sgt Rogers, Clifford Orji amongst others. What's delaying justice for years now? A child that was born when we arrested them is now in JSS2. Okay King is a political nonentity, others are useful for retrieving foreign stolens.

OMG! what a mess, we need to bargain with Mohammed Abacha to get our money from his father's accounts, isn't that justice? FYI, past presidents have siphoned over $500billion since independence, where the hell are they. If those zillions of naira were utilized in economic development, King wouldn't have such hungry idiots live at his mercy.

What about Jesus of Oyingbo who impregnated his daughters as well as his grand daugthers? What about Sat Guru Maharaj who's still living large in Ibadan?

Man, I can't help but laugh at the kind of publicity this stuff has received. Tafa Balogun was a "GREAT" icon, how many civillians died from "stray bullets" during his time and how much the police force raided innocent people due to unpaid and low salaries? What did the court do?

May be we need to be more transparent next time, this guy is just a scapegoat. Babangida did not show up at the Oputa panel "due to security reasons" (above the law) and Dele Giwa and other hundreds of death hang on his neck. If your father was one of those who lost their lives then you won't be tripped by what the Judiciary is doing to "Lowly" civillians while the "Rich, big dogs" get away freely.

There should be death by "setting on fire" since there's hanging, firing squad, lethal injection and "beheading" grin. I ain't impressed one bit, I'm not concerned one inch. All na "arrangy" like Baba Fela dey talk. They killed his mother, yet they are the ones ruling now, infact OBJ's handing over to another Yar'Adua. Whatever happened to justice in those days sef. grin

Sisi Radiant wink, r u feelin me shocked
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2007
Ohh yeah Tino! I'm right behind you.

Fela, left when he was most needed!!! Bullshit!!!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by barikade: 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2007
Christino:

What about Jesus of Oyingbo who impregnated his daughters as well as his grand daugthers? What about Sat Guru Maharaj who's still living large in Ibadan?

Applause. So Jesu Oyingbo and Sat Guru Maharaj should die by hanging because they also petrol-bomb their members, abi?

Reverend King was taken to court; tried and convicted of murder; sentenced to death by hanging - and I say: "Well deserved!" Whether or not it turns out as "arrangy" (including the "arrangy" of jail) is not the issue. Sentence served him is well suited to his crime. Period.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 11:38pm On Jan 14, 2007
Absolutely sick!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by barikade: 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2007
Heheheh grin

Yes, my dear. . . Nigerians are sick people (including me sef).
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2007
'All' Nigerians are not sick! Goodluck to you and your Comrades!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by barikade: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2007
Thank you. But try not shouting so much lest you're diagnosed with our sickness! grin
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Christino(m): 11:57pm On Jan 14, 2007
@ Barika De sala.

Obviously you don't understand essay/comprehension, the bottomline of my senseless long posts: Rev. King does not know his way! or He is not useful to politicians grin

You mean dem Al-Mustapha and co have not been tried? Jesu Oyingbo is dead by the way only God knows but he must be an archaic man like King, must done worse things! It's just eye service to show us they are doing their job. Big names don't spend more than 6 months in jail before they are released, like Tafa, and Biggest dogs like Mohammed Abacha are just untouchable grin They are the sick ones not us cheesy

Sentence served is suitable, but we really need more of that starting from the people we already know, (are you one of them? shocked)

Are you okay now?
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by barikade: 12:06am On Jan 15, 2007
My dear Christino,

Have you opted to join our absolute sickness or what? grin

Did you forget the title of that sinister minister of sin? Reverend KING!! He tried royalty on top of murder, it did not work for him. The politicians have no use for him - so he went down. Wetin remain??

Not even your essay can save him; obviously he's of no use to you - and you're of no use to him either. Nevermind that I got the sense of your senseless post; better not shout it and make someone mistake you as one of our sick members. "Sentence served is suitable," as you said; and my verdict is "Bravo!"
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by uchetobi(f): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2007
I am surprised Nigerians are talking like this. I bet if your sister or daughter was to be the one burnt to death by this man we will not be having this conversation. Truth be told he deserved what he got. If others haven’t been prosecuted too bad! Must we now let him go Scot free because of that?? I think we should be glad because we are one step closer to justice. The evil in the world has been lessened by one.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Tonyblu(m): 11:32am On Jan 15, 2007
My areas of concern are that:

Will this EFFECTIVELY serve as a warning (deterrent) to OTHER would-be deadly "pastors" and individuals who think that they are untouchables?

Can our judicial system be this "effective" and bring other political killaz to book in this manner?

What can we do to ensure the judicial system will not be LATER hi-jacked by these and other hoodlums?

Meanwhile, it's a step in d right direction; but I'd have preferred a much-more prolonged jail-term with INTENSE (beyond HARD) labour, then before death-row.

We are getting there. . .!

Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by texazzpete(m): 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2007
Christino:

@ Texapette?

Sir,
You said "You guys have a point: he's not the only killer out there. but we can't let that excuse stop us from prosecuting and punishing the ones we lay hands on."

We laid hands on Al Mustapha, Sgt Rogers, Clifford Orji amongst others. What's delaying justice for years now? A child that was born when we arrested them is now in JSS2. Okay King is a political nonentity, others are useful for retrieving foreign stolens.

OMG! what a mess, we need to bargain with Muhammad Abacha to get our money from his father's accounts, isn't that justice? FYI, past presidents have siphoned over $500billion since independence, where the hell are they. If those zillions of naira were utilized in economic development, King wouldn't have such hungry idiots live at his mercy.

I understand how u feel. yes, mustapha dem have not been sentenced yet, but dont you think that's more to their detriment? No incoming naijan president can pardon them, the hue and cry from that will reach to the heavens.
anyway, i still say we punish those who we lay hands on.
The truth is, life's unfair. and yes, in naija, na who you know. but there have to be people you can catch and punish, to let all know that crime doesn't pay!
besides, there's so much furore over the trial because of what the guy stood for (fake pastor/claiming to be Jesus etc), the way he killed the victims (setting them ablaze, a slow, premeditated act, leading to a gruesome death/intensepain for the victims etc). Simply put, there's a lot more fascination in his case because he's a MONSTER! tafa Balogun is simply a thief, nothing more.

Christino:

May be we need to be more transparent next time, this guy is just a scapegoat. Babangida did not show up at the Oputa panel "due to security reasons" (above the law) and Dele Giwa and other hundreds of death hang on his neck. If your father was one of those who lost their lives then you won't be tripped by what the Judiciary is doing to "Lowly" civillians while the "Rich, big dogs" get away freely.
At this point i lose all sympathy for you in this argument. Scapegoat?
here's a dictionary.com take on that word

scape·goat
–noun 1. a person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place.

Someone DELIBERATELY sprinkled petrol on fellow human beings and set them ablaze, killing one of them and scarring the others for life. Now, he's been made to pay the ultimate penalty for murder and all you can do is accusing him of being a scapegoat. It sickens me that you can summarily absolve such an evil man of guilt just because of righteous indignation that others didnt suffer as much. And if you can't look beyond the media circus to see that the guy got a free and fair trial then i must despair of you.

Now here's an analogy for YOU. A guy walks into your house, kills your parents, rapes your sister. 2 weeks later police apprehend him. Shebi with your current stance you'll plead for his release because Mustapha et al haven't been sentenced abi? Think this through before replying, cos i STRONGLY suspect that your arguments stem from the fact that no one you knew got burnt.

Tino, no beef intended. i myself have felt anger and despair at the naija situation, but we can't use that to exonerate this evil man.
and just for the record, guru maharaji had a ghanaian beaten, and he died in the process. That's a far cry from sprinkling petrol on people, ignoring their cries for mercy and settign them ablaze. hence, more media circus for Rev. King.

Radiant:

May be he deserved to die but not that way! Gimme a break man!
I think i understand where you're coming from. but y'all gotta know this; hanging has changed since the middle ages. y'all need to dispel the images you have of someone slowly choking to death, dangling from a rope. hangmen now put the knot behind an ear. when the condemned guy drops through the trapdoor, his neck is broken instantly, giving him a quick, instant death. If you can stomach it, watch the saddam hanging video to see for yourself (i haven't though, but i know how it's done). You'll see that it isnt what you always thought it was.

That said, i'm not in support of the death penalty. but if i was in death row, i dunno, i guess i might prefer death cos no parole in naija, and i can't survive cooped up,
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Tonyblu(m): 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2007
texazzpete:

Tino, no beef intended. i myself have felt anger and despair at the naija situation, but we can't use that to exonerate this evil man.

I doubt if Christino wants d dude exonerated; rather I think he wants d same kind of expedient and intense judgment carried out on other "known" killaz; without funny political excuses.

We all know how political killaz never get that kind of "reverse fibre neck-ties".

It's about time other killaz get JUDGED; it might not be DBH (death by hanging); but something to show that LAW still rules.

Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by LadyT(f): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2007
Some of your guys are so funny. Those of you screaming that it is Christains that want him dead a muslim wouldnt hang him. Excuse me what is Sharia law?
And you people have no sense of Justice because others criminals have got away he deserves to get away too

Others saying hanging is wrong they need to find another method Which method is pleasent? He is not supposed to enjoy dying!

This is why Nigeria will find it hard to move forward with the stupid mentality our people have.

Those of you complaining Fela is dead do you need Fela to help you speak your mind Grow a backbone.

Why dont you go outside his jail and campaign for his hanging to be stopped?

Nonesense
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by texazzpete(m): 1:33pm On Jan 15, 2007
did anyone actually bring religion into this? I haven't been reading most of the posts on the other pages, but if so, that's a very ill-advised move.

by the by, i still insist its hypocritical to campaign stridently for the abolition of the death penalty from your armchairs, when you could do some actual good by going out there. it's all about PRESSURE!

I remain passively opposed to the death penalty, but to be honest it's more of a curiosity to me as i can't imagine myself or anyone i love in that boat,
Tonyblu:

I doubt if Christino wants d dude exonerated; rather I think he wants d same kind of expedient and intense judgment carried out on other "known" killaz; without funny political excuses.

We all know how political killaz never get that kind of "reverse fibre neck-ties".

It's about time other killaz get JUDGED; it might not be DBH (death by hanging); but something to show that LAW still rules.

I feel u. but at times political expediency must be taken into account. Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon after his election, thereby destroying his own chances of re-election. but political analysts today say that was perhaps the best move he could have done, a move to heal the nation bla bla bla. at least u get my point,

hmm, Clifford Orji was a 'lowly' civillian too. look how he 'escaped' from police custody. I guess mayhaps Rev. King didnt have enuff well placed politicos in his church. Instead of seducing women, he shoulda be gathering dossiers on his church members,
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2007
Kudos ehie007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you so much you just said something I have been waiting for someone here to say. How can you guys talk abt forgiveness? shocked What he did was abominable!!! Can you imagine the man said "if GOd asks me to burn the whole world I will". Is such a man worth forgiveness? It is not my place to administer justice, it is for God but believe me the man should be BURN ON A STEAK LIKE SUYA!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2007
LadyT, you just a waste of Oxygen, simple!

texazzpete:

i still insist its hypocritical to campaign stridently for the abolition of the death penalty from your armchairs, when you could do some actual good by going out there. it's all about PRESSURE!

Go out where? what you talking about? Are we here to abolish the cruel law in that Country or simply speak our minds?
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mrpataki(m): 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2007
Good ridance to bad rubbish! angry

Got what he deserved for a man who decides to label himself as Jesus Christ.
It is the law of sowing and reaping.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Christino(m): 8:18pm On Jan 15, 2007
@ Texxapette,

Tonyblu answered you as per my first question,

Now the second, what don't you understand about scapegoat? a scapegoat suffers for the evils of other goats!!! grin cos he's the GOAT that was caught in the act! shocked

Your analogy does not tally here cos he did not go out into the streets to pick those guys, they are people under him. I can't say they were stupid (his church members or better still his worshippers), he is their God and can do whatever he likes with them, forgetting that they have people. I'm not saying his punishment was wrong, what i'm saying is he may deserve the death sentence, but hanging is not it! Secondly, there are many people wandering freely and the hands of the law are just too short to catch them!
Going by your analogy too, if IBB ordered that your Dad be blown up in the "Popular Plane Crash" you'd be so happy about Rev. king's predicament while IBB declares his intention 2 rule over you shocked Analogous indeed undecided

If you say Tafa is "simply" a thief (his theifery has led to more deaths than Rev King could have possibly DREAMED of) and in my own religion (don't ask me!) sin is sin, be it murder or covetousness because there is no sin that cannot lead to outright death. It all boils down to intention!

Thank you so much, now I believe IBB is "simply a killer" while Rev King is "complicatedly a burner" cheesy

LMAOO!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by LadyT(f): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2007
Radiant:

LadyT, you just a waste of Oxygen, simple!

Please dont use my lines if you dont have the brain power to make up your own. It is clear that you are in support of this murderer. I wonder are you a memeber of his Chruch

You have not made one comment about what I have said you merely come in here telling me Im a waste of oxygen. Get a grip love your support for this murderer is worrying.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by LadyT(f): 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2007
Christino:

@ Texxapette,

Tonyblu answered you as per my first question,

Now the second, what don't you understand about scapegoat? a scapegoat suffers for the evils of other goats!!! grin because he's the GOAT that was caught in the act! shocked

Your analogy does not tally here because he did not go out into the streets to pick those guys, they are people under him. I can't say they were stupid (his church members or better still his worshippers), he is their God and can do whatever he likes with them, forgetting that they have people. I'm not saying his punishment was wrong, what i'm saying is he may deserve the death sentence, but hanging is not it! Secondly, there are many people wandering freely and the hands of the law are just too short to catch them!
Going by your analogy too, if IBB ordered that your Dad be blown up in the "Popular Plane Crash" you'd be so happy about Rev. king's predicament while IBB declares his intention 2 rule over you shocked Analogous indeed undecided

If you say Tafa is "simply" a thief (his theifery has led to more deaths than Rev King could have possibly DREAMED of) and in my own religion (don't ask me!) sin is sin, be it murder or covetousness because there is no sin that cannot lead to outright death. It all boils down to intention!

Thank you so much, now I believe IBB is "simply a killer" while Rev King is "complicatedly a burner" cheesy

LMAOO!

From all that waffle what exactly are you trying to say?

Should Rev King be set free because others have gotten away?
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2007
T, Oh you said someone is a waste of Oxygen? Didn't come across it tho'. Regardless of that, you not an exception!

Reply to that garbage you wrote? lol
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by LadyT(f): 9:46pm On Jan 15, 2007
LOL your post made me laugh out loud for real please you are so upset with me I can hear you punching the keys on your keyboard.  I stated Rev King is a waste of oxygen.  I'm quite sure you read it please don't lie theres no need this is the internet.

By the way are you a memeber of his church?
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2007
Lie? lol

I ain't mad at ya dear. Diverse opinions and def. no cause for alarm.

A member of his church? lol. . . U amaze me
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Christino(m): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2007
@ Lady T,

whoever said reverend king should not be punished angry

Can't you read? or should i type in our native language grin didn't you do comprehension/Essay in school? read ahead, i summarized my intentions some posts away, you are too lazy to read/comprehend "dumb" posts aren't you, it takes a wise man to understand anyway, common sense is not common - no hating, no offence! grin

He's just one of 100 and the judges expect me to jump up like you? I need to see more justice, the people that should join his hang ropes are living large on the money that woulda made his "stupid" members independent instead of depending on King but are above the law, they won't even show up in the court!

Can't you see? I don't follow the crowd, I see the world from my rear view mirror, obviously not the way u do tongue

Chief Radiant, how dey go dey go?
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by LadyT(f): 12:11am On Jan 16, 2007
Christino:

@ Lady T,

whoever said reverend king should not be punished angry

Can't you read? or should i type in our native language grin didn't you do comprehension/Essay in school? read ahead, i summarized my intentions some posts away, you are too lazy to read/comprehend "dumb" posts aren't you, it takes a wise man to understand anyway, common sense is not common - no hating, no offence! grin

He's just one of 100 and the judges expect me to jump up like you? I need to see more justice, the people that should join his hang ropes are living large on the money that woulda made his "stupid" members independent instead of depending on King but are above the law, they won't even show up in the court!

Can't you see? I don't follow the crowd, I see the world from my rear view mirror, obviously not the way u do tongue

Chief Radiant, how dey go dey go?

Dont worry about causing me offence you are only stating your views we cant tell the truth by being nice. Albeit your views in a confusing fashion. Your use of grammer or lack of and punctuation is atrocious. I barely understand what you have just said. Why do Nigerians insist in showing off their extensive study of the english langauage with long unintelligable comments that leave everyone going WTF?

Anyway back to your round about point which is laughable to say the least. What you are saying is because we have had corrupt leaders and officals who have gotten away with their crimes this had lead to Pastor King being able to commit his crimesWhy is he not soley to blame?

You clearly see the world with your rear view mirror, I put it to you sir your rear view is your ass, tongue
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Christino(m): 12:46am On Jan 16, 2007
LadyT:

You clearly see the world with your rear view mirror, I put it to you sir your rear view is your ass, tongue

Yea and that's you!, thanks for being my ass grin
free of charge!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Soldier, 3 Others In Plateau Village / Another 13 Containers Of Tramadol And Bleaching Creams Intercepted By Customs / U.S Returnee Arrested For N7m Fraud (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.