Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging (19342 Views)

Man Who Killed Policemen Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Bayelsa (photo) / Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by LadyT(f): 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2007
Radiant your stupidity doesnt affect my life only yours. wink
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2007
And I'm actually stupid for protesting against such justice? What's the matter with you?
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by phoenixman: 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2007
Lady T you are a very hateful person. i will wager you are a christian. i will also wager you will say you are a God fearing one as well. cheesy
Lest you forget. Jesus said forgive seventy X seven. The bible also said thou shall not kill. The reverend killed. Are you in agreement with those who are about to do exactly what he did? albeit a different method.

When the state kills, they kill in your name. please remember that.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by LadyT(f): 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2007
Thank you Phoenixman you know me so well *rolls eyes*. I would gladly put my name in support of this monster being hung. He is a waste of oxygen.

Thank you smiley
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by phoenixman: 4:12am On Jan 14, 2007
what made him a monster? if it was killing, then using logics you are also a Monster. Pot cursing kettle grin
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by prinzgeini(m): 4:20am On Jan 14, 2007
the man should not only had been sentenced to death. the corpse should hav bin given lik 90 gun shot's, 10 hour's drowning, it should hve faced a serious explosion t
hen they should arrest the brunt ashes
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Christino(m): 9:19am On Jan 14, 2007
(Hisses)

Bunch of hypocrites!!!. If sin is sin, then no one deserves to be alive, not even the president and the judge who sentenced him, all bunches of hyporcrites.

I hate the state and the law itself, because there are people above the law. Where's IBB, where's clifford orji, where's mohammed abacha, where's al mustapha, where's Sergeant Rogers, where are Ige, Funso williams and Daramola's political killers, what are the Cultist Hitmen still doing on the campuses, killing like they are commandos?

this is just one injustice to cover up for so many, I ain't tripping. Nonsense angry

They'll only make that gaddem dude a martyr by hanging him, i said life jail is okay. Just to show how archaic we are, can't they give him lethal injection, when are we gonna grow up, trailing Iraq in judiciary system. Comparing the killings of tens to the killings of millions. I'm surprised the educated ones are impaired by this silly verdict too. Damn, a rapper out there gotta hit them below the belt, and why the heck did Fela have to go cry
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by LadyT(f): 9:58am On Jan 14, 2007
When is Nigeria going to stop being so corrupt. So because others have been allowed to get away with their crimes Emeka deserves to get away with his too? When and where are we going to start cleaning up our 419 ways? Are we not embrassed that we have been labelled the hub of corruption?

Even if he spends life in prison he will live like the King he calls himself. Already he is given special treatment in prison. Only because he knows how to manipulate people and play with their minds.

His own blood is on his own hands at least apologise for what you have done, but hes too proud to do that. It is wasting state money keeping him alive he serves no person. Those following him may declare him a matyr but once they start fighting over his belongings and who should be the next pastor their eyes will be open. Those people are a non entity. We must clean up our country.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 14, 2007
Ooooh !!!! I dont like the idea of hanging him like that. Why not set him quarter ablaze this week, half ablaze next week then full ablaze the third week, Then finally hanging is charred body in his church.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mamaput(f): 11:55am On Jan 14, 2007
What i find so funny is that it is the Christians calling for his slow death.
An eye for an eye.
I did not know people like that get death sentence in Nigeria i was under the impression it was only armed robbers and drug dealers,.
Was it not his followers that gave him the power he had.?
They should abolish all these fake churches and arrest all fake pastors growing like mushroom.
Others go to school for years to learn to become a man of god these people do crash kurs.
What entered that mans head to think he could do what he wanted.
All these so called wannabe fake churches are cults,.
They spy and monitor their people and you just cant go. They even follow you home.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by shahan(f): 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2007
mamaput:

What i find so funny is that it is the Christians calling for his slow death.
An eye for an eye.

And what in your opinion is deserving to an evil man like Reverend King?

mamaput:

I did not know people like that get death sentence in Nigeria i was under the impression it was only armed robbers and drug dealers,.

He is no different from them - he only used the badge of MOG.

mamaput:

Was it not his followers that gave him the power he had.?

What power are you talking about??

mamaput:

They should abolish all these fake churches and arrest all fake pastors growing like mushroom.

Are you contradicting yourself already?

mamaput:

Others go to school for years to learn to become a man of god these people do crash kurs.

He didn't start yesterday - he systematically had been plotting his graph, waiting for the right moment.

mamaput:

What entered that mans head to think he could do what he wanted.

We don't know. Any suggestions??

mamaput:

All these so called wannabe fake churches are cults,

They are not "wannabe"s - as long as they're fake and cults, there's no question of "wannabe" with them.

mamaput:

They spy and monitor their people and you just can't go. They even follow you home.

See? What did I say about systematically waiting for the right moment? These are no graduates from "crash kurs" - they're professionals; and Reverend King is only a late arrival among many others.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by shahan(f): 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2007
kamura:

Ooooh !!!! I don't like the idea of hanging him like that. Why not set him quarter ablaze this week, half ablaze next week then full ablaze the third week, Then finally hanging is charred body in his church.

Haa!! shocked

That one will cause another wahala O!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mamaput(f): 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2007
shahan i do not contradict myself any member that knows me knows my views on fake churches and fake Christians Hypocrites to be exact.
And who should put that rope round his neck? A Muslim?
Mind you i have not in any way said my mind on death sentence . So please do not be too fast to draw conclusion.
I hate people that translate the bible to suit them.
But in This case God will make an exception ABi then what he did was very very bad.
Old testament new testament ,laws of Moses , laws of Jesus who cares as long as It suits the situation at hand.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by shahan(f): 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2007
@mamaput,

mamaput:

And who should put that rope round his neck? A Muslim?
Mind you i have not in any way said my mind on death sentence . So please do not be too fast to draw conclusion.

Old testament new testament ,laws of Moses , laws of Jesus who cares as long as It suits the situation at hand.

Whatever Testament, we ought to care. I've read some of your inputs before commenting on yours earlier on this thread. I wonder why it's puzzling to you that some Christians are calling for Rev.-King's deserving punishment, while at the same time you seem to be neutral about the verdict on his dastardly act.

It doesn't matter who puts the rope around his neck - if a muslim does it, RK (Rev-King) deserves the verdict served him by the civil courts, regardless of his pretended title of "man of God".

mamaput:

I hate people that translate the bible to suit them.
But in This case God will make an exception ABi then what he did was very very bad.

First, God will not make an exception in this case - I can guarantee you that! Second, isn't it fascinating that you "hate people that translate the bible to suit them" - in which case I don't have a problem with that as long as it is obvious that's what Rev-King did!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mamaput(f): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2007
And you think he is the only mad man around?
By the way i was only been sarcastic about the exception.
They can hang him high if thats what they want.
But let the same people not come out the next day in their fine sunday dress and compete who has the heavyest gold biggest bible and most expensive lace. Then thats what its all about. more than the word of God.
I see the same people will fast call others sinners and not stop calling on god in everything.
Hows about helping ones self first.
Ban all those fake Churches and spend more time improving your self than trying to convince others what a good Christian you are.

I do not mean you with my you its a general you
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by shahan(f): 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2007
Lol, mamaput. grin

mamaput:

You've simply not read my rejoinders, but I really don't mind. Here, take a sample:

shahan:

See? What did I say about systematically waiting for the right moment? These are no graduates from "crash kurs" - they're professionals; and Reverend King is only a late arrival among many others.

Please read posts before drawing conclusions.

mamaput:

I know.

mamaput:

Otherwise, what then? Any suggestions from you?

mamaput:

But let the same people not come out the next day in their fine sunday dress and compete who has the heavyest gold biggest bible and most expensive lace. Then thats what its all about. more than the word of God.

What's wrong with the same people coming out the next day to church? As a Christian, if a madman with an MOG badge commits evilmurder, he deserves the verdict served him in any civil court of law - and not even God will sanction his atrocity even though the madman operated a "church". And yes, if a muslim or Christian serves the deserved punishment on the madman, how will that become a sin?? Please find me one verse that buttresses your arguments.

And in case you don't know, many Nigerian Christians know that worshipping God is not about "sunday dress and heavyest gold biggest bible and most expensive lace". What then - should they go about with tattered newspapers and rags on their backs before they can worship God?

mamaput:

I see the same people will fast call others sinners and not stop calling on god in everything.

It is not "the same people" who call on God in everything that are committing Rev-King's atrocities; so your prejudgement makes you as guilty as those you try to accuse.

mamaput:

Ban all those fake Churches and spend more time improving your self than trying to convince others what a good Christian you are.

Your opinion, no wahala. Others are entitled to theirs.

mamaput:

I do not mean you with my you its a general you

No wahala again. I really do not mind if it means me - but as long as "its a general you", then I take it that includes you, mamaput??

Cheers.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mamaput(f): 1:20pm On Jan 14, 2007
Give the state its own and God his own,
If the state wants to hang him let them.
But they should also do something to avoid something like that happening again.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by shahan(f): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2007
I hear you - and that's what Christians have done here: give the state its due civil process to mete out deserving punishment on a murder!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by texazzpete(m): 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2007
mamaput:

At times i hear the most incredible stuff on nairaland. FYI, this isn't because he's a 'fake' pastor or corrupt man. he's been sentenced to death because he KILLED someone, and severely harmed others. That, and not his teachings, is what put him in his present travails.

Also, i dunno why people are railing against the death penalty here, as if they didn't know it's still being carried out in Nigeria. If y'all felt so strongly about the issue, why havent any of you acted long before this? NGOs and pressure groups anyone?

You guys have a point: he's not the only killer out there. but we can't let that excuse stop us from prosecuting and punishing the ones we lay hands on.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Eurphoria(f): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2007
texpete
i couldnt agree with you more
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2007
texazzpete:

Also, i don't know why people are railing against the death penalty here, as if they didn't know it's still being carried out in Nigeria. If y'all felt so strongly about the issue, why havent any of you acted long before this? NGOs and pressure groups anyone?

Before Heaven and Earth, I never knew such executions were still carried out in this present age until Sadam's incident and this "Pastor's". Honestly. shocked

If I had a chance to turn around such death sentence, I'll definitely stand up for it. This is so cruel. I mean, are we moving forward or backwards? embarassed

The issue of burning people is completely gross and heart breaking but must it be an eye for an eye? I wonder if we have to practice such executions how many "leaders" in Nigeria will still be alive?

I don't support jungle justice!!!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Eurphoria(f): 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2007
i say jungle justice! jungle justice! together jungle justice lol grin ---sarry rad
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mamaput(f): 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2007
There are better way of killing a man than hanging .
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2007
Eurpho, I am strongly against it! sad
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by shahan(f): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2007
mamaput:

There are better way of killing a man than hanging .

Just for the record, someone petrol-bombs your loved one and is taken to court for his crime. Can you please suggest better ways than hanging?
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2007
You guys are definitely kidding me!
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mamaput(f): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2007
shahan:

Just for the record, someone petrol-bombs your loved one and is taken to court for his crime. Can you please suggest better ways than hanging?

you see why i wait too long to say my answer on death sentence?
Its always differentwhen one is personally involved.
But do you think i will sleep better if he had a slow and painful death.
That he has to die has something to do with the fact that we do not want him to be able to do the same again ever.
Nigeria still has firing squad.Let them shoot him
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by shahan(f): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2007
mamaput:

Nigeria still has firing squad.Let them shoot him

Okay. That's one suggestion - thanks.

Now, anyone else??
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2007
If and if it must be a death sentence, then lethal injection.

I will go for a life jail with strict restrictions.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Eurphoria(f): 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2007
jail for life---hmmm
oh man! *disappointed* you know your tax will have to keep him alive in that jail right? your tax willpay for his meals, the ppl who guard him etc
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by shahan(f): 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2007
Life jail with strict restrictions say nothing about punitive measures for killers with a sinister twist. If anything, apart from wasting tax-payers money on them, it only fertilizes the social womb that gives birth to such wicked brood.
Re: Rev King Has Been Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Radiant(f): 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2007
Ohh really? Since I don't support jungle justice, I stick to what I said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Soldier, 3 Others In Plateau Village / Another 13 Containers Of Tramadol And Bleaching Creams Intercepted By Customs / U.S Returnee Arrested For N7m Fraud (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.