Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler (84029 Views)

Life Of A Naija Hustler ; Lemonade Or Agbalumo, Just Make Juice. / Musings Of A Heartbroken Girl Part 2 / The Tears Of An Hustler Based On True Life Story (my Experience In Lagos)by JAYB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Mimienudles(f): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2017
smartkester:
i see you on every thread on nairaland
cheesy
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by sashx(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Next update here...

Travails just started!! http://topwritersden.com/diary-of-a-heartbroken-hustler-2/24/

Thumbs up our prolific writer. More MB 2 ur Sim oga
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Mimienudles(f): 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
smartkester:
i see you on every thread on nairaland
yeaaaaaa, it makes me happy

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by smartkester(m): 9:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Bia biafrabushboy where you na.. grin
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:49am On Mar 20, 2017
Sorry guys... It was a choked up weekend. Updates will start rolling in now.

#onelove

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

#onelove

bros abeg start masamasa...osiso....kiakia
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by ChopBellefull(m): 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

#onelove
Oya... We dey wait o cry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by dammyd46(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
update please.......
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by BiafranBushBoy: 11:17am On Mar 21, 2017
“Yes any probs?” He asked them. They also requested for my identity, which I didn’t give out to them.

“We are from the State CID, and unfortunately you all are under arrest for …”

“For what?” I barked at them

“You are under arrest for committing monetary fraud. You guys duped a Nigerian woman to the tune of several millions and anything you say now will surely be used against you in the court of law” He said.

I looked at my guys that were with me. They had already frozen and remained silent with nothing to say. We were still staring at them till they brought out their handcuffs and requested we bring out our hands.

“We didn’t dupe anybody” I said with my voice raised. We had already created a scene in the eatery as onlookers watched closely.

“When we get to the office, you can explain better” The man said with a smile.

“So we should follow you to your office for a crime we know nothing about?” I asked surprised

“Yes!” He reaffirmed.

They placed their handcuffs on our hands and led us into the waiting van amidst looks from onlookers. It was a quiet journey to their station as we kept staring at each other inside the van. Myles was already tired and the expression on his face was already projecting a tired and weak dude. We reached the station and we were ushered into a cell. Each of us had our own separate cell. It was a dark room with a table at the middle. The only source of light was the little window that was located at the top of the room. I waited there with my hands handcuffed to the middle of the table before a man walked inside to meet with me. He was looking very hefty with his hair all shaved off his head. He sat down in front of me and looked me deep into the eyes.

“I will only ask you any question once” He said “If you lie to me, you might be dead in the next few minutes. Hope it is cear?”

I nodded my head repeatedly with fear. He smiled and adjusted his chair well before he rubbed his cheek while he still stared at me.

“So how did you get the money that was deposited into your account some few days back?” He asked.

I was breathing rapidly; I was already aware of how detectives get to know who is lying or not, so I was careful not to fall into that trap.

“It was a gift from my friend” I responded back with a smile.

“What did you do that merited such a gift?” He asked again

“What?” I asked. I was taken aback by the question and had no idea of what to say. He stared at me like he was about to punch my face, and I bent my face down in fear.

“Let me not repeat myself ever again. I will only ask you once and I need good answers” He said with a mean face. He had barely concluded with his statement, when I heard a loud cry from one of the rooms in the station.

“Can you hear that?” He asked me. I nodded my head repeatedly as fear overtook me completely.

“Don’t let me follow that path with you” He said before he quietly sat back on his seat.

“So how did you get the money that was deposited into your account” He asked again.

“I don’t know how it entered… I was just on my way home one day, and I got the alert. I swear to God” I explained with tears.

“Why are you crying? I haven’t even started with you and you are already wailing” He said with a mocking voice. I tried as much as possible to hold back the tears as I stared at him and watchful that he might hit me anytime.

“Hmmm… so you guys duped a woman of her hard-earned money and you are claiming that you don’t know how you got the alert?” He questioned with fury

“I didn’t sir” I tried to explain before I received a life changing slap that shook the foundations of my brain

“Jesus” I shouted immediately the slap landed on my face. I noticed that the left side of my eyes was already swollen after the slap landed on me.

“I didn’t dupe anybody, I swear to God” I said while crying. I had barely finished with the second line, before I received a punch straight to my face. My head flew backwards before landing forward straight to the metal table. I noticed that a kind of fluid was already crawling out of my nose, and I suspected that it was blood. The teeth in my mouth was already wobbling as a result of the punch.

“Don’t let me ask you again, where did you get that money from?” He questioned. I didn’t know exactly what to tell him again. Anything I said would be considered a lie; so I decided to stay mute. I stared at him with the fluid running out of my nose and spit out of my mouth.

“I am not a thief please” I kept murmuring repeatedly in a low voice.

“This will be part one, I will be back to complete the remaining part” He said as he stood up from his seat and left the dark room. Immediately he left, I couldn’t help but cry. I continued to cry in pains and in remembrance of everything that has ever happened to me.

“Why me na” I said repeatedly while crying.

“Mummy help me ooo” I cried out loud. I cried and cried till there was no much strength in me to cry again, and I placed my head on the table in front of me. I was there staying still, before the door was opened once again. A man walked in and used a key to open the handcuff on my hands.

“Somebody wants to see you” He said. He stood me up and led me out of the room towards the counter. I got there and as usual, I knew it was whom I expected to see.

“You are looking good” She said with a smile. I stared at her without even knowing to say next.

“Where are your friends?” She asked. I didn’t even bother to reply.

“Officer please go and help me bring the other guys” She said to the officer at the counter. He immediately left and with the help of some other officers, they dragged Wind and Mylestone along.

They were both looking more terrible than I felt I was looking. One of Wind’s eyes was already closed as a result of the swelling there. Myles was looking terribly wounded and his head already had a cut. They led us into the waiting room and she ordered all the officers to give her space.

“You guys are looking so good. The bad news is that I have paid them for you to remain here for the next two months. So imagine how your lives would be by then” she said with a huge smile on her face.

“I have a simple task for you guys, just deliver my goods to Indonesia. After that, then your assignment with me is completed. I will never disturb you guys again.” She added.

I kept looking at her as my heartbeat rate was on the rise. So many thoughts flooded my head and I didn’t just know how what else to do.

“If you guys reject the offer, the Immigration man you met at the Airport still has your video clips, and is willing to testify in court. The bank will freeze your cash, and I will claim fraud. Your life will end in a miserable way. You will get a minimum of 30 years jail term because you won’t even have the money to hire a lawyer” She said with a smile.

She had barely completed the whole expalnation, as Myles and Wind broke down in tears. I looked at my friends and couldn’t help but cry alongside.

“What a wasted life” I thought to myself.

“So are you in or out?” She asked. She had barely finished asking the question, Wind and Myles jumped in and answered her

“I am in” They responded almost simultaneously. She nodded in acceptance and looked at me.

“What about you Mr?” She asked. I simply looked at her and my friends in silence. After a while, she persisted that I say something. I nodded my head positively and accepted the deal.

“This is nice” She said with a smile.

“Excuse me” She called onto the officer closet to us “I want to see your boss” She said to him. They quickly directed her to his office, while we remained in the waiting room. We kept staring at each other with nothing to say to ourselves. Tears kept rolling from Wind’s eyes and likewise Myles’ own. After a while, she finally came out and we entered her car and zoomed off the station.

She took us to a house, and we entered and sat in the living room. She offered us food and drinks, and I devoured mine without wasting much time. After a while, she showed us where we could go take our shower and wash off the blood stains on our body. We had our shower and changed into some clothes she offered the three of us.

“We are already behind the delivery schedule, due to the whole saga we faced.” She said.

“We should be leaving for Indonesia by Tomorrow evening, so that we can meet up with the delivery. Everything is in place, and you won’t have any problems both here and when you get to Indonesia” she said with confidence. We nodded our heads in agreement and we started drafting out plans for our movements. She gave us the names of various contacts that we should meet in the airport and after we get into town. We collected it and made our way back home.

“Sorry, we are meeting 3:00pm sharp. I will be expecting you all.” She said to us as we were about to leave the house. We nodded once more and finally left the house.

I got home immediately and googled about Indonesia and their drug laws. The first news I saw about them was how they executed three Nigerians by firing squad for carrying drugs. My heart almost jumped out of my mouth. They were so much news about the country, but I held my peace. It was one of the darkest days I had experienced and I kept wishing that tomorrow never come. That night, I ran to our church vigil and partook in the prayers session.

“Brother, the spirit of God said I should tell you something.” Our pastor said to me.

“You are about to do something bad, and my spirit tell me that you will…”

To Be Continued!

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by BiafranBushBoy: 11:18am On Mar 21, 2017
Twin Bash update here http://topwritersden.com/diary-of-a-heartbroken-hustler-2/25/

When the hunter becomes the hunted!! sad
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by sashx(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Twin Bash update here http://topwritersden.com/diary-of-a-heartbroken-hustler-2/25/

When the hunter becomes the hunted!! sad

Wow. Finally after a looking wait. Thumbs up Bushboy
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by AlamienDagash(m): 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
Errday new jeopardy
Adventure toke place. Buh stay high and kip struggling one day for sure the hustle is gonna PayBack
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Next update here...

Travails just started!! http://topwritersden.com/diary-of-a-heartbroken-hustler-2/24/

my guy... hin no easy to have a fan base ooo and loyalist like myself

when we keep checking and checking without seeing anything new..... bros the thing dey pain ooo.

na here we wan old put. abeg.... no provoke me ooo

lol.
bush u dey tae now

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by IgweBUIKE1(m): 10:28am On Mar 23, 2017
Pls update na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by BiafranBushBoy: 11:25am On Mar 23, 2017
I got home immediately and checked about Indonesia and their drug laws. The first news I saw about them was how they executed three Nigerians by firing squad for carrying drugs. My heart almost jumped out of my mouth. They were so much news about the country, but I held my peace. It was one of the darkest days I had experienced and I kept wishing that tomorrow never come. That night, I ran to our church vigil and partook in the prayers session.

“Brother, the spirit of God said I should tell you something.” Our pastor said to me.

“You are about to do something bad, and my spirit tell me that it will cost you your head” He said to me as he closed his eyes like one who was receiving ministrations from the realm beyond. I placed my fingers around my chin as I observed him and his prophecies.

“Please don’t do it” He pleaded with me as he held my hand tightly. I simply smiled at him and nodded in agreement.

“Pastor just can’t be serious” I whispered to myself with a smile as he kept sending down fire while he prayed. The prayer session lasted for a few minutes, before he finally blessed me and asked me to make sure I come for the Sunday service. Once again, I nodded my head positively and thanked him before leaving the church.

The D-day was here, as I finally packed up my things to meet up with Madam Grace and friends at the designated place. I made some calls back home and greeted everybody at home. I called some friends I have never spoken before too and we laughed and joked. I even called Jenny’s father and wished to tell him the cause of his child’s death, but my heart couldn’t bear to see me remind the man of the pains that he has lost his daughter, so I decided to overlook it.

I logged on to Facebook and dropped a post that caught the attention of almost everyone in my contact.

“What is happening bro”

“Are you alright?”

“Guy you wan die?” All these were the kind of comments that filled up my page. I read them and all I did was just to smile and laugh. I knew I was about to work through the valley of the shadow of death, but I knew I had to fear of evil.

“Do I have a chance? I don’t think I do” I asked myself rhetorically as tears rolled down my eyes. Just while I continued to pack my baggage, I decided to just catch a glimpse of what was happening around the globe. I tuned into CNN and behold they were arguing about hard drugs and the expensive penalty of death that was attached to it in some countries. I quickly tuned it off out of fear and walked around the house aimlessly.

I picked up my phone and called my friend David, who was very far from me. I explained everything to him. He was shocked and practically dumbfounded. We were among the two brightest students back then in school, and he had already established himself in life.

“How did you end up like this?” He asked out of anger. All I did was to sob as I held the phone to my ears.

“You have to leave the country” He ordered.

“They froze my account” I explained on phone while smiling.

“Don’t worry about money, I can give you money to leave” He suggested.

“They are everywhere. She is everywhere. Police, Immigration, Army, Customs, etc. She will catch me within few days I leave the country.” I explained to an already baffled David was sounded shock.

“How did you meet such a devilish woman?” He asked with anger.

“Whatever happens bro, always remember my family please” I pleaded with him in tears and I terminated and switched off the phone. I quickly ran to the bathroom to take my shower, before picking up my bag from where I kept it. I closed all the windows and switched off all the home appliances. I brought out a pen and tore out a sheet of paper, before I scribbled “I Love you Mum” onto the paper. I muttered some few words of prayer and did the sign of the cross before finally moving out of the house.

I walked through the street with my dark shades on, and paid little attention to all those who greeted me. They seemed shocked at my behavior that morning, because I am known to be a very jovial person. One of the women in the street continued to shout my name till I was forced to pull off my dark shades and looked towards her direction.

“Hope you are fine my son” She yelled. I nodded affirmatively and waved back at her. She simply smiled as she yelled “God be with you” back at me. I smiled and returned my dark shades to my eyes before I bounced and continued my journey in style.

It was a long and boring drive to the Island hotel where Madam Grace said we should come and meet with her. I was the last to arrive and I greeted Myles and Wind who had already gotten to the venue already. I greeted them and sat down, but the way they responded showed that they probably had nightmares.

“Where is she?” I asked Wind. He simply said he had no idea about where she was and went back to his sober mood. We sat there staring at each other with absolutely nothing to talk about. I remembered our first trip to Brazil, and the excitement that came along, but this one was nothing to write home about in terms of excitement. It was long before Madam Grace came in the company of two big hard looking guys.

“Good day guys” She whispered as she went ahead to drop the briefcase she with her on the Table. She quickly opened it, and weighed the drugs in there.

“I have arranged everything you need to be successful on this journey. Starting from here to the point of entry in Indonesia” She said with a smile. “My aim is just to make you all rich, and I will do everything within my power to make it happen.”

The moment she mentioned rich, I saw the face and countenance of Wind change immediately but I kept mute.

“We have 6 hours before departure time, and we are having a straight flight to Indonesia using the Qatar airways” She said.

“Any questions?” She asked. I quickly raised up my hands, and stepped forward. The moment I stood up, the big guys jerked towards me immediately like a lion that was about to devour a little lamb.

“Be calm guys” She said to them. “Go ahead and ask your questions” She urged me.

“I have nothing to lose now. I can decide not to go for this operation and the only thing is that I will kill myself. I have one finally request before I decide to carry out this instruction” I said

“And what is that?” She asked with a smile.

“I would love you to draw up a statement and say that we never duped you of any money. That also, the banks should unfreeze our account and clear us of any charges that you may have laid against us” I said with a smile.

“And why should I do that?” She barked lightly

“Because if you don’t, I won’t carry out this assignment! I believe you know what disappointment means to those clients who are expecting their deliveries” I said gently with a smile.

She smiled back and looked at the other guys who were simply amazed at my guts, but I wasn’t done yet.

“We have about 6 hours left; if you draft it now, I can finish everything and be good to fly to the land of milk and honey (Indonesia) on record time.

“So which lawyer will handle it?” She asked

“I already have that in place” I said with a smile.

“What about an accounts officer to handle the unfreezing?” She asked also

“In place Ma” I said with a smile again. She looked at me startled and clearly surprised at the moves I was pulling through.

“You are being too smart for my liking, but it will soon be all over” She said as she sat down and wrote a letter and handed it over to me. I glanced through it and it was exactly what I wanted. I quickly winked at wind, who winked back as I zoomed off to see whom I wanted to see.

****Back at Home****

“Hello Sir,” I said to my pastor whom I discovered was a lawyer

“I will be coming over with the documents I told you about. Hope you will be at the office?”

“Sure, I will be waiting for you” He said

“Hello Bro Ahmed” I greeted him through the phone

“How are you bro?” He asked

“Fine, concerning that issue I told you, I would love to know the documents I need to unblock my account” I asked

“Just get a witness statement that would be submitted through a lawyer. He will help you obtain a police report and you now submit to me. I will handle the rest for you.” He said

“Thanks a lot. I will be at your branch today” I said before I terminated the call.

***Back at the hotel entrance****

I quickly stopped a cab and blew straight to the office of the lawyer and handed over to him the necessary things he requested for. He collected them and contacted another friend of his that was a policeman too. They discussed on phone and he was asked to come down to their station. He asked me to wait and rushed down to meet the police officer. I waited patiently and like an hour after, he was back at his office with the complete documents.

“Just be fine, God will be with you” He said. I smiled and wished he knew I was going to be a drug courier in the next few hours. I thanked him deeply and collected the documents before rushing down to the Bank that was located at Marina.

I jumped the queue because I knew someone in the top position. I handed him over all the documents and he asked me to wait before going inside to do what they know how to do best.

“Can I withdraw now?” I asked him

“Not possible now, it would be after 2 days that you can make withdrawals” He said confidently. I simply thanked him and rushed back as I could to the hotel.

“How did it go?” She asked me when I was back. I looked at her with a sorrowful face and lamented

“They asked me to come back in the next 5 working days for proper verification”

I watched her facial expression, and she tried so hard to hide the smile on her face.

“Don’t worry! When you are back, everything would be sorted out” She said while trying to feign a sympathetic face.

“Okay guys! We should be packaging the drugs now” She alerted us.

“Don’t bother swallowing it, everybody has been taken care of at the Airports” She said. Find somewhere hidden and hide the drugs. I knew I had to be creative, and I chose the perfect place to hide mine.

I hid in right inside my ….

To Be Continued!!!

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by BiafranBushBoy: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2017
I wana appreciate all the comments mehn. Few episodes from now... the story will come to an end!

Just when you think you've got everything in control. I just weak!! embarassed

Check it out here!! http://topwritersden.com/diary-of-a-heartbroken-hustler-2/26/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by BiafranBushBoy: 11:30am On Mar 23, 2017
Drabeey:

my guy... hin no easy to have a fan base ooo and loyalist like myself

when we keep checking and checking without seeing anything new..... bros the thing dey pain ooo.

na here we wan old put. abeg.... no provoke me ooo

lol.
bush u dey tae now

No vex baba... Biko Sir wink
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Lankyannie(f): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
Bush,hope this story will not end tragically like memoir of a sex addict.please let them come back in peace.more power to your elbow bro.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by kunlesuccess(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Aiight guys... You all will give me a little time to write...

No probs guys! smiley Just a little time
thanks
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Adesina12: 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2017
Lankyannie:
Bush,hope this story will not end tragically like memoir of a sex addict.please let them come back in peace.more power to your elbow bro.

No peace for them because they murdered human bng to get there all because of money.
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by BiafranBushBoy: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
Lankyannie:

Please keep praying for them embarassed
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by BiafranBushBoy: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
kunlesuccess:
thanks

*Thumbs up*

Ma Niggah!!!
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by dammyd46(m): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Update o
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by smartkester(m): 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mimienudles where are you??
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Lankyannie(f): 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Adesina12:

No peace for them because they murdered human bng to get there all because of money.
Twas not there fault nah,madam grace mislead them so she should be the one to die not dz innocent guys.besides,everytin na hustling
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Mimienudles(f): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
smartkester:
Mimienudles where are you??
missing me wink
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Lankyannie(f): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Please keep praying for them embarassed
Have already started 40day dry fasting on top there matter.plz do the needful.
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by smartkester(m): 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mimienudles:
missing me wink
you can say that again.. cool cool
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Mimienudles(f): 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
smartkester:
you can say that again.. cool cool
cheesy what have you for me wink
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by smartkester(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mimienudles:
cheesy what have you for me wink
haaa...plenty goodies o. Missed your presence on threads grin grin
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by Mimienudles(f): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
smartkester:
haaa...plenty goodies o. Missed your presence on threads
hope you've got noodles too cool
Re: Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler by smartkester(m): 5:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mimienudles:
hope you've got noodles too cool
trust me na.. I know you love noodles grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

How 2go Relationship Landed Me In Psychiatric Home ( Short Story) - Classcaptain / Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) / A Client From Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.