Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (183379 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Remii(m): 11:06am On Dec 13, 2009
for all those interested in red burnt bricks see this link below also.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=154783.msg2658485#msg2658485
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by skynylaw: 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2009
9ijaprince:

Whao i love this topic.

Thx bro, you are welcome to contribute more.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Zuluninja: 1:05pm On Dec 13, 2009
Nice topic. Everyone should aspire to have a home of his/her own. Mud, cement or burnt bricks, just start something.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by tci(m): 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2009
5 million naira will do it perfectly well, someone said 2.5mill, thats nxt to impossible.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Saipro(m): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2009
Proud to say I'm a mid-tier civil servant and I'm onto my own building project. Needless to say, it's an uphill task of unforeseen proportions. God knows if I'd any idea of the resources it'd might've gulped, I'd probably not have forayed into to field. Yet. It's been a day at a time, clocking three years now. I'm a ways from finished yet it's guzzled no less than N5m. Part-ways thru ceiling & interior plastering. No mention of flooring nor fixtures. No mention of the time & ancillary resources it's consuming (add a number of sleepless nights tallying the available cash to expenditure plus afternoons of absolute lunacy when you get to the site and your yeomen seem to be working at a pace slower than the hard-earned cash you pay). Ever had run-ins with the TPDA?

Got the parcel of land ways back thus its cost ain't an issue. There are times I feel I'd have been better off sinking the cash into biz of sorts cos that's what you do when you build - sink raw cash. Not to dampen the mood in the house. Merely a reality call to mid- to lower echelon guys out there: it takes more than the mere desire to own or build one of these things. It takes the grace of God!

Lastly, kudos to the guys who thru honest means have become proud home owners. From the heart.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by olumine4u: 1:03am On Dec 14, 2009
@ SKYNYLAW, It is important that you first all contact a building professional, preferable a Quantity Surveyor to help with cost of previosly built 3 bedrm before going ahead with your plans.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by ubebong(m): 8:23am On Dec 14, 2009
Guy in the house, una too much. I have never witness such a sensitive contribution in nairaland. But when it comes to building, u must consider the roof, floor finishes, windows/doors and quality of blocks, also labour cost in dat area. Me am thinking abt 2.5m for a 2bedroom flat in uyo. Though i know u asked of 3bedroom flat. There are other chioce like seperate toilet for each room, garage,ceiling type, etc. These are extra cost depending on choice. So 4 a three bedroom flat, from 3.5m shld give u a moderate house. Goodluck
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by stede(m): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
ubebong:

Guy in the house, una too much. I have never witness such a sensitive contribution in nairaland. But when it comes to building, u must consider the roof, floor finishes, windows/doors and quality of blocks, also labour cost in dat area. Me am thinking abt 2.5m for a 2bedroom flat in uyo. Though i know u asked of 3bedroom flat. There are other chioce like seperate toilet for each room, garage,ceiling type, etc. These are extra cost depending on choice. So 4 a three bedroom flat, from 3.5m shld give u a moderate house. Goodluck
it really depends on the location, for example in VIA u 'll need up to 5milla
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by afrikaam(m): 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
10Mn Straight. grin
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
Saipro:

Proud to say I'm a mid-tier civil servant and I'm onto my own building project. Needless to say, it's an uphill task of unforeseen proportions. God knows if I'd any idea of the resources it'd might've gulped, I'd probably not have forayed into to field. Yet. It's been a day at a time, clocking three years now. I'm a ways from finished yet it's guzzled no less than N5m. Part-ways thru ceiling & interior plastering. No mention of flooring nor fixtures. No mention of the time & ancillary resources it's consuming (add a number of sleepless nights tallying the available cash to expenditure plus afternoons of absolute lunacy when you get to the site and your yeomen seem to be working at a pace slower than the hard-earned cash you pay). Ever had run-ins with the TPDA?

Got the parcel of land ways back thus its cost ain't an issue. There are times I feel I'd have been better off sinking the cash into biz of sorts cos that's what you do when you build - sink raw cash. Not to dampen the mood in the house. Merely a reality call to mid- to lower echelon guys out there: it takes more than the mere desire to own or build one of these things. It takes the grace of God!

Lastly, kudos to the guys who thru honest means have become proud home owners. From the heart.
Guy you have done well for your self. I say so because i have been there and felt exactly as you are. For what its worth, property remains the best form of investment. It is low risk, and its bound to appreciate. You just need to be patient. No need to rush things. Go according to your pace, may i say your pocket. You will surely get there.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by kajad(m): 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2009
A tastefully finished 3 bedroom bungalow of about 150m2 floor area with well treated foundation of a depth not less than 2ft, damp proof foundation treatment, quality vibrated sandcreet Block, POP Ceiling, cozy doors and UPVC windows, Quality tiles and .55 gauge Aluminium steptiles roof will cost you about 6 million if you are building it yourself.

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by altavista(m): 1:24am On Dec 16, 2009
Hmmm, this thread has been bookmarked.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Nnekababy: 3:51pm On Dec 16, 2009
The house is lovely, can one build with the same amount in Abuja.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by skynylaw: 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2009
Nnekababy:

The house is lovely, can one build with the same amount in Abuja.

Personally i dont think it will cost the same amount, cos in building the location and cost of building
material matters alot. And to think of Abuja, it will cost more .
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 10:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
to build Three Bedroom Bungalow in ikorodu ,lagos .will cost 16 to 17 millions ,but i preffered two bedroom condo design with large compound,that would be brick up with red burnt bricks,looks like western world version house

if you have a project in ikorodu dont hesitate to contact me for any information you will need on the cost of building materials ,i will email you the actual prices

price of 6 block 110 naira

price of 9 block 120 naira

bag of cement 1,550 naira

red burnt brick 260,naira per bundle and eleven pieces make a bundle

filling sand 6,500 naira

okuta small tipper 20,000 naira

okuta big tipper 34,000 naira

sharp sand double tipper 18,000

sharp sand small tipper 14,000

many more

there is nothing like sweet home, pls hurry up ,u must have your own in Jesus name

am a young property
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by heilige(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2009
@sigo10

this is my email. email me the price list. "ikanajus@yahoo.de"
How come u build bungalow for 16m in ikorodu ?
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by mjay(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2009
sigo10:

I am really interested in using the red burnt brick for construction of a 4-5 bedroom bungalow, (they look so cute) pls in ur opinion what's d cost comparison estimate of a cement/block and red brick in the erection of a building like I have in mind? thanks.

NB the red brick u quoted, pls where can i get them ard Lagos/Mowe?
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2009
@mjay for construction of 4-5 bedroom bungalow you will have like 4,300 blocks ,1,300 of 9 blocks and 3000 0f 6 blocks,the 9 blocks will go for foundation to window level while 6 blocks is for completion to the roof level,and 55 bags of cement will be okay for setting of the blocks and for the foundation while u will use 105 bags of cement for plastering and german floor ,

for 4-5 bedroom

4,300 blocks for the buidling

3,800 blocks for the fence on a plot of land

250 pieces of cement for both building ,fence and german floor with the paste of red burnt brick

800,bundle of red burnt bricks will be okay

soakaway 20,000 naira for digging and 200 of 9 blocks for the setting with 3 bags of cement

borehole 130,000 naira

window 280,000 naira for reflective glass in any colour

roof will cost upto 1.48 million both logging and alummilium roof plus labour

tiles depend on the quality u want

for my advice we can only have the rough estimation with the budget assumption we can not arrive to the actual estimation prices,because of the miscellaneous expenses that will occur during the process

start gradually will be more appreciate,that is the system i used

when u ready let me know i can menitor and guard through on ur behalf

you can get the red brick burnt at ikeja brick bus stop beside pastor chris church ,

god will help u too

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2009
@heilige smile is not how come i built a three bedroom bungalow in ikorodu at 16 million this is reality and confirmation .ikorodu is not a jungle area anymore as people think is a big city in lagos state as am saying now ,and people is pomping in always ,when u come back pls try and come to my office for a tourist attraction ,i will move u round and show you u some important place

for your information there is new ferry transportation that will move you from abute ipakodo in ikorodu to victioria insland or lagbasa aja or apapa with a moderate prices,and u can even have ur own ferry jet for your privacy ,like people does

like what and what should i send as a price list ?
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by heilige(m): 8:05am On Dec 18, 2009
@sigo10

i have a plot at igbogbo. i am planning to develop it very soon, but i dont know the current situation at ikorodu.
I would like to see fotos of your place.
I need price list for bricks; interiors eg wooden floors, toilets, kitchen stuff, and most importantly swimming pool cost.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by shogbenga: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2009
how can u build a 3 bedroom bungalow for 16m in ikorodu. even in abuja where materials are expensive and the cost of labour is high, u cant. maybe u need to tell us the materials u used to construct at 16m.
except u are factoring in the cost of land in a high brow area where the land could cost about 5m.
talking about roofing at 1.4m, u need to state the type of materials, size of building,so that we will not be confused.i know that using step tiles aluminium of .55 guage for a building of about 175 sq metres, u can spend more than 1.1m in abuja. in lagos, it would be cheaper.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2009
@heilige wow wonderfull igbogbo ,my place suited at abute igbogbo road,after W.E.A.C, the current situation in igbogbo area is very okay,

price of 6 block 110 naira

price of 9 block 120 naira

bag of cement 1,550 naira

filling sand 6,500 naira

okuta small tipper 20,000 naira

okuta big tipper 34,000 naira

sharp sand double tipper 18,000

sharp sand small tipper 14,000

TOILET

w.c white is 5,000 naira
w.c coloured one 15,000 for the set
watch hand base small one 2,500 white
watch hand base stand one with coloured 5,500
shower pole 1,500

KITCHEN

kitchen kabinet 45,000

kitchen washing base small one 7,000 naira

kitchen washing base big one 13,000 naira

i dont know much about wooden floors coz i used to italian tiles but i can make research and get you inform later

ha ha ha swimming pool ,the standard and good swimming pool will cost upto 15 million naira or upward

i wish you best lovely home
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2009
@shogbenga u make me laugh,i cant argue ,this is the stage of who you are,the three bedroom bungalow is in condo version,each room with each toilet with a private lodge ,pls dont invite abuja in this matter ,this is construction of a building not abuja ,pls i know what am talking about ,try the game and confirm

i wish you best of luck
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by heilige(m): 9:46am On Dec 18, 2009
@sigo10

The wooden floors will be sourced from outside. Nowadays you can get wooden floors with powerful motives of any picture printed on them.
Do you have any company the make swimming in lagos ?

see the fotos of some laminated wooden floors, There are many motives, it also comes with its own cost.

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 10:30am On Dec 18, 2009
are you a foriegn investors,private investors,ventures capitalist,estate tycoon,opportunies or a company seeking for investment expansion in lagos state,then ikorodu will be the rigth place for you and young property can help and match you to some exciting investment plans in IKD

contact -- youngproperty1@aol.com

Thanks
olusegun
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2009
@heilige
pls can you send me the sample products or give me the detail of the company that source for the product ,very interesting ,yes there is swimming company maker in lagos even in ikorodu
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 10:50am On Dec 18, 2009
are you a foriegn investors,private investors,ventures capitalist,estate tycoon,opportunies or a company seeking for investment expansion in lagos state,then ikorodu will be the rigth place for you and young property can help and match you to some exciting investment plans in IKD

contact detail-- No 4 olayide amudalat
Olugbuwa estate
abute-igbogbo road ikorodu

email--- youngproperty1@aol.com

number 08037526408

Thanks
olusegun
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by heilige(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2009
@sigo10

i just have those sample fotos. A company plans to brings such products to nigeria very very soon. I will send you thier nigerian contact as soon as i get it.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by shogbenga: 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2009
in your post u said "to build a 3 bedroom in ikorodu will cost 16-17m'. thats a generalisation. u need to be specific taking into consideration the material, size of building, finishing and other items to be considered like swimming pool in order not to confuse readers. u can build for 5m, 10m and even 20m.Everybody on this forum is learning and we have to make things as clear as possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level / How Many Blocks And Bags Of Cement Will Completed 3 Bedroom Flat Foundation. / Security/armored Doors, Burglary Proofs & Aluminium Windows @ Ur Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.