Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (183374 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 12:42am On Dec 19, 2009
@shogbenga cool down for jesus ok,i told you i cant argue ,but to balance the issue, if you can re-read my post u will see there is a specification in my words dont convince others ,this is not a generalization issue ,even some one can build with 3 million naira depends, i said again this is the game you will know who you are ,either strong or not,as a man u most face it ,but we need to enlight ourself in other to avoid mistake,coz some people still facing the problem of what they cannot complete this is due to the lack of knowledge in the field,enligthment is very important ,this not a matter of everybody forum learning or else,this is fact ,you just tell me the type of building you want and the quality of your condo,i will make the rough estimation so we can finalized it with budject assumption that is all

nobody is perfect that is why we have specialization

i wish you best of luck
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by blackdolla(m): 5:22am On Dec 23, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Please i have a 4 bedroom bungalow in Ikorodu about to be plastered. Could anyone please estimate how much it will cost me to plaster both the inside and outside of the building. How many cement, sand e.t.c will be required. Thank you and will be waiting your candid advise.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2009
@blackdolla u can use 110 of cement and three plastering sand,and two sharp sand,hope it will be okay
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sigo10: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2009
@blackdolla u can use 110 of cement and three plastering sand,and two sharp sand,hope it will be okay

cement 1,550 naira
plastering sand 9,000 naira
sharp sand small tipper 14,000 naira
big tipper 18,000 naira
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by blackdolla(m): 7:22am On Dec 24, 2009
sigo10:

cement 1,550 naira
plastering sand 9,000 naira
sharp sand small tipper 14,000 naira
big tipper 18,000 naira

@sigo10
Thanks for your comment, and i really appreciate. I was even thinking of 300 bags of cement, 4 tippers of plastering sand and 2 tippers of sharp sand. But now, you have given me an overview of how much it will cost me to get it done. If there is anything you need add or advise me about, please do let me know. Thank you so much brother.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by chukwudi01: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2009
Sunny Bobo, how long did it take for your house to be built?
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by shinerpoly: 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
Hello kem4,

Happy New Year to you and I wishes you and your family a prosperous New year. Please can you kindly send a building plan of this house you sent its picture in this forum into my email address shinerpoly@yahoo.com Please I will really appreciate this because.I have gotten the land already , i don't plan to build house for now but when I looked at this one you posted i was moved, so I am ready to start to build my own house as soon I can this plan from you.

May God bless if you can help me out with it. Because for doing this for me it means you have contributed so much to my life.

Bye .
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by kajad(m): 5:11pm On Jan 04, 2010
shinerpoly:

Hello kem4,

Happy New Year to you and I wishes you and your family a prosperous New year. Please can you kindly send a building plan of this house you sent its picture in this forum into my email address shinerpoly@yahoo.com Please I will really appreciate this because.I have gotten the land already , i don't plan to build house for now but when I looked at this one you posted i was moved, so I am ready to start to build my own house as soon I can this plan from you.

May God bless if you can help me out with it. Because for doing this for me it means you have contributed so much to my life.

Bye .

If you want to build a house, get an Architect to make a design for you based on your needs/requirements and land size, It's Illegal and a copyright infringement to build using a plan prepared for another person. and from experience it is cheaper to design for your land than to amend one designed for another land
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by maingain(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2010
Hello Sigo 10,/ Ajileko,
There is a(actually 2 similar) building picture I admire and planing to build such in Abeokuta, Could you please give me the estimate of the building materials that
will require to erect the building to the roofing stage. This should be 5 bed rooms with car park/store space. your reply will be highly appreciated

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Pappyman: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2010
maingain:

Hello Sigo 10,/ Ajileko,
There is a(actually 2 similar) building picture I admire and planing to build such in Abeokuta, Could you please give me the estimate of the building materials that
will require to erect the building to the roofing stage. This should be 5 bed rooms with car park/store space. your reply will be highly appreciated

You sabi good thing.They are awesome !.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by maingain(m): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2010
undecided
will be glad to receive any helpful contribution.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by ihebrooke(m): 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2010
For your architectural designs and drawings, visit,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=266315.msg6634631#msg6634631
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by fredgil: 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
Are you guys just saying for saying sake? I am almost completing my 3 bedroom bungalow in beach land by Irawo bus stop in lagos. From what I can remember, I have spent almost 8M and there is still paining to be done. The cost of the land is not even included. I bought the land in 2004 for about N2M. Did you forget fencing? Fencing and gating a 1.5 plots will cost you almost 800K if you mold the blocks and more than that if you buy blocks.

My advice is this - Do not wait till you save up 10M to start. Buy the land and fence it first! Go at a gradual pace.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by skynylaw: 7:03pm On Jan 17, 2010
fredgil:

Are you guys just saying for saying sake? I am almost completing my 3 bedroom bungalow in beach land by Irawo bus stop in lagos. From what I can remember, I have spent almost 8M and there is still paining to be done. The cost of the land is not even included. I bought the land in 2004 for about N2M. Did you forget fencing? Fencing and gating a 1.5 plots will cost you almost 800K if you mold the blocks and more than that if you buy blocks.

My advice is this - Do not wait till you save up 10M to start. Buy the land and fence it first! Go at a gradual pace.

That is cost base on Location, dont 4get it may cost 5M to finish that house in which you have spent 8M on.
take for Example KEN4 house (a sweet and cool 3bed all in suit bungalow), which he did for less than 5.5M in IMO STATE.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by paragonpro: 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
My own contribution to this thread is to advice people to take a generalized cost estimate with a pinch of salt. There are to many factors that can determine the overall cost of a building project and a lot of them are being overlooked here. Because when people talk about a 3 bedroom bungalow i hope they are talking of a habitable 3 bedroom bungalow.

These are some of the facts to consider in costing a livable 3 bedroom bungalow;

1. Cost of filling to make up level, if the site level is lower than the road level or sight is very sloppy.
2. Cost of foundation; especially if the site is waterlogged or on unstable soil (this can be considerable)
3. Cost of fencing and putting up a gate (this also depends on the stability of the site)
4. Cost of soakaway/septic tank and manholes
5. Cost of water supply system including borehole and overhead tank (this is varied depending on location)
6. Nearness and availability of building materials like sand, aggregate, iron rods, etc
7. Type and quality of finishes used ( this can vary widely, as ordinary taps can cost from N500 to N10,000 each, also electric cables can cost between N,2000 for china to N5,000 for Nigeria)
8. The cost of the design itself; The floor area, ceiling height, no. of toilets, wardrobes ( and believe me wardrobes can be expensive), etc
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by babaK2: 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2010
Hello kem4, am interested in this building and i so much like it,i will like too see more of the pic of this building and tell me how much it will cost me, i already have a land okay, here is my email nafiu_50@yahoo.com.then i tell u when to start work on it.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by ajokodun: 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2010
sigo10:

to build Three Bedroom Bungalow in ikorodu ,lagos .will cost 16 to 17 millions ,but i preffered two bedroom condo design with large compound,that would be brick up with red burnt bricks,looks like western world version house

if you have a project in ikorodu dont hesitate to contact me for any information you will need on the cost of building materials ,i will email you the actual prices

price of 6 block 110 naira

price of 9 block 120 naira

bag of cement 1,550 naira

red burnt brick 260,naira per bundle and eleven pieces make a bundle

filling sand 6,500 naira

okuta small tipper 20,000 naira

okuta big tipper 34,000 naira

sharp sand double tipper 18,000

sharp sand small tipper 14,000

many more

there is nothing like sweet home, pls hurry up ,u must have your own in Jesus name

am a young property

Kindly provide me with update on the above quoted prices.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by liquid7: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2010
I am building a 5 bedroom ensuite in GRA benin city.To be honest like many said do not wait till you have 10m+ to start the house.Just build as money lets you.
Not counting the cost of land the fencing has set me back 700k.The foundation about 1.3m.Its expensive to say the least to build a house in nigeria .So best build it graqdually and some day it will be finished.I plan to inject 3m a year into the house and hopefully it will be done in 3 years or so.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by lewcrippen: 8:43am On Mar 16, 2010
Hi guys,

You have shown really very nice pics of houses,it's really praiseworthy. If u guys looking for best interior design or decoration for u r house than use kitchen cabinets northern Virginia site,having splendid design as i have used so know well everything about that.

Many thanks

Regards
Lew Crippen
Kitchen Cabinets Northern Virginia
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by okunoba(m): 5:42am On Mar 29, 2010
@sigo10, who sells burnt brick for the price u quoted, do u have the contact details. How many pieces of burnt clay brick is needed to build a three bed bungalow house, what is the size of the clay brick, is quality good.
Thanks

"red burnt brick 260,naira per bundle and eleven pieces make a bundle"
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Akosa67: 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2010
I hope you have commenced the project by now.
If not kindly heed this advise and start with what you have e.g. N1.5m.
You can dimension the project into the various stages involved e.g. Foundation, German flooring, Block work to Lintel level and above, roofing, fixtures and fittings etc.
This will save you the BP of trying to work with the figures being provided above.
Good luck.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by redbricks: 8:52pm On May 05, 2010
Hello

Please note that you can get all your red clay bricks / split tiles requirements from the Red Brick factory at Ibeshe Road, Ikorodu, Lagos State.

You can send your plans to us by email to ikorodu_bricks@yahoo.com

We shall then estimate the quantity and type of bricks to be used for each area.

Contact me at 08055097285

=Femi=
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 10:27pm On May 05, 2010
liquid7:

I am building a 5 bedroom ensuite in GRA benin city.To be honest like many said do not wait till you have 10m+ to start the house.Just build as money lets you.
Not counting the cost of land the fencing has set me back 700k.The foundation about 1.3m.Its expensive to say the least to build a house in nigeria .So best build it graqdually and some day it will be finished.I plan to inject 3m a year into the house and hopefully it will be done in 3 years or so.
That is very ambitious. I doubt 9m would be enough over 3 years to complete an up-to-scratch house.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Akosa67: 12:10am On May 06, 2010
Are THE bricks A CHEAPER OPTION?
i GUESS IT IS MEANT FOR JUST THOSE IN Lagos NOT PHC Benin ETC
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by kikeige: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2010
Pls, NL kindly advise on these quote. It is for the foundation of a 2 units 3-bedroom bungalow on a very dry and flat land.

WORKMANSHIP

- Setting out = 10,000.00
- Digging = 48,000.00
- Concreting the Foundation
Footing = 45,000.00
- Block walling = 85,000.00
- Infill to hollow block= 15,000.00

Total 203,000.00
Running Around = 20,000.00
Total 223,000.00

What materials will be needed for the foundation work (quantity and approx. price)
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Saipro(m): 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2010
Not only do these posts make for good reading, they're actually a good form for research!
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Empiree: 3:44am On Oct 20, 2010
U
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by adexpoil: 4:30am On Dec 20, 2010
Any Architect in the house please l'v got a land at oluyole estate in ibadan,and l'v just finish the fencing and the gate.l'm planning to contructe 4

bedroom bungalow in a modern,unique and classic shape,what will actually cost me for the whole project and can anyone send me a classic

design,with a good presentation and render to encourage me more on how best my home will look like to princedebby96@yahoo.com

Best Regard.

Prince
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by kkonsults: 11:29am On Dec 29, 2010
@adexpoil I check ur inbox
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Olabosipo(m): 12:50am On Jan 07, 2011
Good morning mr sunny_bobo, i saw your house, its beautiful and i'll like to give some pictures of it to my architect to design something like that for me cos i have an upcoming project. i'll love and really appreciate it if you can take a full view picture of the house from a far distance taking all corners and sides in view and also the interior design- not because of the furniture but construction- so he can be specific in his designs, i'll appreciate it if i can get this on my yahoo mail: olabosipo_ok@yahoo.com as soon as possible cos i want to get it done before December. Thanks a lot and waiting for your positive response soonest.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by oluomo11: 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2011
Hello all. Can someone please help me with a rough estimate to do the foundation of 2 units 3 bedroom bungalow(ensuit) in sango ota. I'll also like to know the present cost of materials to do the project( from cement and the rest of them) thank for your help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level / How Many Blocks And Bags Of Cement Will Completed 3 Bedroom Flat Foundation. / Security/armored Doors, Burglary Proofs & Aluminium Windows @ Ur Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.