Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? (21363 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / My Adventure With An Okada Rider (18+) / Every Man Should Be Able To Do This With Their Lady... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Acidosis(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sanchez01:

What are they selling, please?

Lol... Where do you reside?

I paid N500 this morning for two trips (less than 30 minutes).

Any Okada rider that makes anything less than N130,000 monthly (after tax, fuel) in my axis is cursed!
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by joenor(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
Pray my dear! you will definitely have one to care for you and respect you.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by juman(m): 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
The number one problem of nigeria is no stable electricity.

APC government is too clueless to know what to do to improve it.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Burgerlomo: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
MackBrooklyn:

Oga, your destiny is never tied to anyone and any lady who cannot love you, respect your views/ feelings, can't treat you right and even show some respect for the job you're doing does not worth any space in your life... #Fact cool

Back to the topic, the _shit is just that almost all 'em learned ladies have joined bahd gang... But at least them talk say "there is a woman for every man", so you'll definitely meet the right one for you some day... You just have to work harder, work towards it and pray cool

My 2 cents...!!!

Another intelligent individual with an awesome comments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by LordAdam7: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
kickhard:

Most of the comments on this thread aptly describe the reason Nigeria is backward, no thanks to the 'prosperity-only' preachers/believers.
It seems that majority of us make conclusion about anything and anybody considering only the present. This cannot be right.

I know Mr. Desmond (not real name), an Okada rider in 2010 in the Agbara-Seme axis. He smokes anything and engages in various cross-border deals with his bike. There's this lady who works in a bank that is his regular customer who he rides to office every morning for some months. When he found out that the lady was single, he asked for her hand in marriage after dropping her off one early morning, then switched off his phones and disappeared from the route for some days, not knowing what her reaction would be. Fast forward, they have Three kids and live in their own fenced house in Agbara today. They've three cars; one for the wife, one for the man, and the other for the man's business and the man didn't add any degree to his SSC. The man respects the wife for accepting his proposal, while the lady respects her husband having observed him for months as a responsible okada man. The man is from Imo State and they already have a house in the village.

Many people use themselves as template for everything and quickly jump to conclusion even in matters they should listen and learn.
@OP you can marry even a masters degree holder as a wife, it all depends on your area, attitude, disposition and grace. Dream on and always work on yourself. Whoever rejects you doesn't deserve you. Don't forget you also have a unique self worth. Hold nothing against anybody that rejects you but never stop pursuing your dream with positive attitude.

Later you'll hear someone say this is the exception, whereas they can't tell that the OP like the man in your story is an exception.

Will I want my sister or daughter to marry a good-for-nothing okada man who's only plans for the future is where next to go to shayo? Of course not.

But an okada man with his faults but actively working on a plan to actualize a better future, that I'll give my blessing to and even help in the little way I can. Everybody was once at the level of an Okada man, except those born with silver spoon.

You c a lot of girls building their hopes on some guy earning 150k - 250k with a tokunbo 2008 camry and living in one 2 bedroom flat telling you he has plans of buying land and building a big duplex or start so-so business, whereas he doesn't even understand the basic concept of saving or know that 50% of all businesses fail in the first year (so one would have to plan accordingly).

10 years later with five kids, you're still holed up in the same 2 bedroom flat with a rickety car, after realizing that the unplanned kids, relations requests, and frivolous expenditures came with unforeseen commitments, that's bound to increase with kids entering the university, price of every other thing increasing and salary isn't increasing proportionally.

Everyone can have a plan and talk about it. Marry those who walk the talk. If the guy isn't even talking, but is good at spending, my sister enjoy the goodies for some time and find your bearing when you decide to spend more than 30 years with one person.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by onokings(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
I'm also in that class, educated but a Keke rider.
I make between a 100k n 150k monthly.
I save and have a clear picture of a phone shop I'll open in the next 18 months.
Right now I can't accept a job that pays less than 100k monthly.
I know my self worth but unfortunately most girls can't see it, they prefer an unemployed than a Keke rider.
As for girls, I don't care much. Cus I know that to have the kind of lady I want, the girl of my dreams, I have to at least be on the path to actualizing my dreams and that's for me is opening the phone shop.
If there's a girl that can see it now and be with me, she've got to be deeply wise.
But I guess that deep wisdom is a rare commodity.
That's my points.

3 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by enemyofprogress: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
Rokiatu aminat508 vicyrotex fabfunmi osusumustflow iyangbali notoriousbabe and ajebuter over to you
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by LordAdam7: 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Acidosis:

Lol... Where do you reside?

I paid N500 this morning for two trips (less than 30 minutes).

Any Okada rider that makes anything less than N130,000 monthly (after tax, fuel) in my axis is cursed!

Cursed is an understatement.

And considering that they typically stay in areas and houses where rent is at most 100k (usually between 60k and 80k) per annum, it's a shame that many of them are not millionaires by their second year of plying the trade.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by somegirl1: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
If you are of well above average attractiveness, yes.

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by LordAdam7: 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
onokings:
I'm also in that class, educated but a Keke rider.
I make between a 100k n 150k monthly.
I save and have a clear picture of a phone shop I'll open in the next 18 months.
Right now I can't accept a job that pays less than 100k monthly.
I know my self worth but unfortunately most girls can't see it, they prefer an unemployed than a Keke rider.
As for girls, I don't care much. Cus I know that to have the kind of lady I want, the girl of my dreams, I have to at least be on the path to actualizing my dreams and that's for me is opening the phone shop.
If there's a girl that can see it now and be with me, she've got to be deeply wise.
But I guess that deep wisdom is a rare commodity.
That's my points.

I just hope you marry a lady that is close to or matches your intellect and brings something to the table other than a vagina and decent culinary skills.

Else, it'd be a shame.

Because many men with nice vision, after hustling hard to achieve something without any decent lady believing in them when the going was rough, will then marry complete liabilities that would set their life on reverse.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=desquad post=52688560] feeble minded hypocrite spotted angry

[/quote
Hmmmmm, so much venom? Lol opinions must differ hence the term different strokes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
goingape:
ask yourself this question.

can you marry an okada rider? undecided

you hypocritic women can talk big but can't do.
Well like I said, keep doing the right thing, I belief strongly that lessons are best taught through examples..Of my opinion offends you I can't do anything about that
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by goingape: 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
jenigurl:

Well like I said, keep doing the right thing, I belief strongly that lessons are best taught through examples..Of my opinion offends you I can't do anything about that
stop beating around The bush!

can you marry an okada rider who have no formal education
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
jenigurl:
Hmmmmm, so much venom? Lol opinions must differ hence the term different strokes

you're of no use to me,, I'm done with you lipsrsealed
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
desquad:

you're of no use to me,, I'm done with you lipsrsealed

Indeed
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by remzor(m): 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
bro, upgrade to uber n thank me later
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
goingape:
stop beating around The bush!

can you marry an okada rider who have no formal education

Me: daddy daddyy I met a great guy and I think I am in love , he wants to marry me

Dad: oh okay, what does he do?

Me: well, he is an okada ri

Slap!
Me: daddy why did you hit me?
Dad: sorry darling it was a reflex reaction, what did you say he does again?

Me: he rides oka...
Slap slap slap
Me: (crying and holding my cheeks ) daddy why
Dad: oh sorry my love .... I must be having a partial stroke ..Which is affecting my reflexes ... So what did you say he does again?

Me running away

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Seamareggae(m): 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
Barigaboy:

U r in d right position to get d right tight of woman u want. I do dsame I tell most women that I like then that I don't have a job yet. N don't really tell them abt my education level. If they truly want to love me for real they will take me as I am. Many did not stay but d lady that took me as I am is really pretty a graduate who later found out that m a graduate and own my own business. I never had issues with her cos she love me for me. U can get dsame. Any woman who is not meant for u will surely not stay or will leave soon.
One of the best way to get a woman that loves you for who you are and not your money...

Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by missKiffy(f): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
You write well for an okada rider BTW
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by UchaNwababa: 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
it is possible, i sold pure water when i meet my wife she is a senior manager Eco bank while am a senior lecturer now, just believe urselfe ok.

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by creepsyme(f): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
GreenPlumes:
For now, I'm an Okada rider, and single. I always go for the best, but once they get to know that I do earn money from riding Okada, despite that I do other things not known to them, their disappointment is better imgined.

At this rate, does that not mean I will remain single for a long while?
truth is, it may be difficult unless u settle for a village girl odawise upgrade urself and u will clinch the class u desire.. remember like begets like.

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
GreenPlumes:
For now, I'm an Okada rider, and single. I always go for the best, but once they get to know that I do earn money from riding Okada, despite that I do other things not known to them, their disappointment is better imgined.

Its all about packaging bro.

Except a girl asks you what you do for a living on the first time I don't see why you cannot package yourself well. You can build a true story around your ambitions and plans. Some of those things you are doing doesn't always have to remain unknown. Package your Okada riding as a means to an end. That way she see's you as a go-getter who would not let anything get in his way and not as an okada rider.

But ofcourse a girl who asks you what you do for a living on the first time out almost always is going to be a gold digger. Just the same way a guy does not ask a girl for her address on the first time out or whether she stays alone or with mommy and daddy.

2 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
missKiffy:

@GreenPlumes, see what I mean.

If you package yourself well, she will always stop and look again. Like I said If you can make her see your Okada business as a means to an end, then you have a fighting chance.

It doesn't take much to impress a good lady. A lady doesn't exactly want riches. She just wants to be certain she is going to be well taken care of and secure. If you can make her see you as that and that you are serious about your ambitions, o boy, the soup don cook finish be that.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by ahamonyeka(m): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
GreenPlumes:

op if you are the one who wrote this then you should be able to get a Msc holder.you are far better than most ladies that has bsc .

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by GreenPlumes(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
missKiffy:

Doing this is a stage I must pass through. I would have loved being lonely till when I find or create a worthwhile enterprise, but this loneliness seems worsening my woes.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by omonla10(m): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
kbams241:

hmmmmmmmmm..u can lie oooooooo...fabuuuuu
Okada will charge 1200 just from oshodi to toll gate before Sango. And maybe 500 coming back.. Calculate 1700 for 4 trips daily.. Multiply by 22 working days a month...

1700*4*22= 149,600..

Other smaller routes nko.. Charter nko... Almost 200k..

Is this not feasible
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by 360command: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
GreenPlumes:

don't worry, you will find a true woman. I know of a boda boda rider(okada) in Kampala, Uganda where he got married to a female doctor. this boda boda rider has 3 motorcycles and aspiring to become a chairman in boda boda association of Uganda. to me, he is been entrepreneurial. so believe in yourself.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by GreenPlumes(m): 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
LordAdam7:

If you can show me any okada man operating in a city and making less than 100k a month, I'll cut off his testicles.

And to your question, why won't she cope? Should I come up with a list of women earning more than their hubbies but maintaining healthy relationships? From the World's most powerful woman, Angel Merkel, to our very own Adeosun.

I don't blame ladies, I blame guys who allow this stupid reasoning to fester. You want a man to help with the dishes, but you're sh.it scared of bringing more money to the relationship. Why won't ladies be objectified and regarded as expensive breathing intimacy gadgets and baby factories?

Most of the ladies who want to marry oil workers earn far less than the woman selling orange. So, I fail to see the comparison. Even girls that just started seeing their period and the commercial beggars in the universities want to marry oil workers. What's your point?

If I ever have an intellectually deficient daughter like you or the other one I quoted, I'll exchange her for a bag of sachet water.

-Lord

The average that can be realized per day in Oyo is N1500, having subtracted the cost of fuel. Four Sundays in a month will not be parts of the working days if you're a Christian. So, you make 39k in 26 days.

One will spend 18k on feeding monthly
Bike servicing and oiling will gulp 2k
You will spend at least 2k on consumables.

Saving 17k monthly is feasible in my corner of Nigeria.
Before I can do something meaningful with the saving, a year may pass, and won't like being lonely while this lasts.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Xmen149(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
you attract what you portray my man.

save mmoney setup a new biz like a shop, manage it and look good while someone else take on your OKada biz

you will see them drool in. go into cosmetics,thank me later
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
Marry a woman you like then educate her through your earnings.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Ginaz(f): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
desquad:
you're Beautiful but you've big nose and mouth
I wouldn't want that for my kids lipsrsealed

Maybe the angle that made my nose to look big, my nose is quite small. Anyway, thanks.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
Yes, I am here, as long as we can eat 3 good times a day and you are not a wife-beater, OK?

Not greedy so not asking for 4 times feeding. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do White Women Age Faster Than Black Women / Should I Confront The Girl That purposely Accused Me of getting her pregnant? / Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.