Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? (21387 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / My Adventure With An Okada Rider (18+) / Every Man Should Be Able To Do This With Their Lady... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by goingape: 11:45am On Jan 10, 2017
jenigurl:

Listen sweetie you can get anyone to marry you, it's just about your outlook, your personality, and focus ...
As long as you have larger dreams and work towards them you can achieve whatever .

My two cents
ask yourself this question.

can you marry an okada rider? undecided

you hypocritic women can talk big but can't do.

2 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by wintersnow(m): 11:46am On Jan 10, 2017
Ginaz:
You will get a good woman if you stop spending your money on them to get what isn't worth it.

I would advise you to gather your money and save it. You will be surprised by how much you can save.

So you've bluntly refused to iron this shirt? shocked
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 10, 2017
Kenshinmunac:
Na WA o. Na only worwor local girls you fit get as okada rider o. No girl go use ear hear this thing. Except no be naija, I no blame them, myself won't even allow any of my sisters to be friends with okada rider talk less of dating.
Sharap and Gerrout....
Do you know how much he earns a month or how responsible he is.
Is your type that ur daugthers will get married at the age of 45+
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 10, 2017
TeeFeh:
That was an assumption boy,and yes graduates earns much at least the ones that are informed earn that much,because you didn't get a job doesn't mean everyone is like you grin orangutan
your poor English construction sucks!!

I'm done with you lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Kenshinmunac(m): 11:47am On Jan 10, 2017
Pato23:

Sharap and Gerrout....
Do you know how much he earns a month or how responsible he is.
Is your type that ur daugthers will get married at the age of 45+

grin leave am I like am.

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 10, 2017
Yes u can, have faith.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 10, 2017
Yes you can, have faith.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Ginaz(f): 11:51am On Jan 10, 2017
wintersnow:

So you've bluntly refused to iron this shirt? shocked

Yes I didn't, should I remove it for you so that after ironing it you can chop the shirt? undecided
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by bettercreature(m): 11:51am On Jan 10, 2017
Ginaz:
You will get a good woman if you stop spending your money on them to get what isn't worth it.

I would advise you to gather your money and save it. You will be surprised by how much you can save.
Most of them wont save even though they are making more money than some CEOs
I don't see a very educated lady getting married to Okada man,he must save then invest on something else

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2017
GreenPlumes:
For now, I'm an Okada rider, and single. I always go for the best, but once they get to know that I do earn money from riding Okada, despite that I do other things not known to them, their disappointment is better imgined.

At this rate, does that not mean I will remain single for a long while?
I don't know what exactly you consider to be the best but you may need to trim your coat a little if you aren't getting exactly what you wanted.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by jajad: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2017
GreenPlumes:
For now, I'm an Okada rider, and single. I always go for the best, but once they get to know that I do earn money from riding Okada, despite that I do other things not known to them, their disappointment is better imgined.

If you have this type of okada, getting women (learned or not) will not be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Ginaz(f): 11:57am On Jan 10, 2017
bettercreature:
I don't see a very educated lady getting married to Okada man,he must save then invest on something else

Not truly, I've seen a girl got married to one. All that matters is how well he can save money cos some okada riders spend all their money buying kiakia and pursuing women. Which is a pity, at least they must have money from a day's business even if it's just 200.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 10, 2017
ajasbaba:
Am not saying okada business is bad ohhh or you cant marry learned woman,

but i will advice you get an okada woman to marry.

then una go match and she fit help out anytime we you tire.

atleast the children go get akada business to inherit.

You dont mean it....

..... I swear u no well
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by bettercreature(m): 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ginaz:

Not truly, I've seen a girl got married to one. All that matters is how well he can save money cos some okada riders spend all their money buying kiakia and pursuing women. Which is a pity, at least they must have money from a day's business even if it's just 200.
It's very rear! but possible,infact some government workers are doing it at night
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Uniquexty(f): 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
Na wah o. GreenPlumes, i thought u already got someone a ring. The lady that sent you to the hospital early this year... abi you finally did the needful? And you are already searching again smh
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by LordAdam7: 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
TeeFeh:
You cannot get any responsible girl to marry you,if she's earning 120k per month,and you're there earning 10k per month,how will she cope?? sad just marry a good wife,and make her classy

If you can show me any okada man operating in a city and making less than 100k a month, I'll cut off his testicles.

And to your question, why won't she cope? Should I come up with a list of women earning more than their hubbies but maintaining healthy relationships? From the World's most powerful woman, Angel Merkel, to our very own Adeosun.

I don't blame ladies, I blame guys who allow this stupid reasoning to fester. You want a man to help with the dishes, but you're sh.it scared of bringing more money to the relationship. Why won't ladies be objectified and regarded as expensive breathing intimacy gadgets and baby factories?

daniella04:
Saw this thread and I just smile grin, imagine if a lady says she sells orange and wants to marry an oil worker,

Most of the ladies who want to marry oil workers earn far less than the woman selling orange. So, I fail to see the comparison. Even girls that just started seeing their period and the commercial beggars in the universities want to marry oil workers. What's your point?

If I ever have an intellectually deficient daughter like you or the other one I quoted, I'll exchange her for a bag of sachet water.

-Lord

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by GreenPlumes(m): 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
Uniquexty:
Na wah o. GreenPlumes, i thought u already got someone a ring. The lady that sent you to the hospital early this year... abi you finally did the needful? And you are already searching again smh

If it's you, won't you do the needful? As a normal person with past glories, being alone worsens my woes.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Baba4dgals: 12:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
Inferiority complex dy worry u...
Bros settle down wit any1 dat loves u for whom u are...
Learned or not learned jst go for d best
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by LordAdam7: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
bettercreature:

I don't think it's a problem of okada riders only. It's a common denominator of most artisans.

They make far more money than minimum wage, and you'd imagine they'll be well off in a few years from prudent management and savings, but no.

If an educated lady chooses not to marry an Okada man, it shouldn't be because of the money he earns, but because of the lack of intellect to use that money judiciously.

An educated okada man like the OP is an exception. Unfortunately, the so-called educated ladies can't tell the difference.

Makes me wonder, what sort of education they have. Almost sounds like they are also artisans who spent 4-5 yrs learning a skill. Which in my opinion places them in the same category as the market women n road sweepers, because as you'll agree their intellects are comparable.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Rilwayne001: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
Kenshinmunac:
Na WA o. Na only worwor local girls you fit get as okada rider o. No girl go use ear hear this thing. Except no be naija, I no blame them, myself won't even allow any of my sisters to be friends with okada rider talk less of dating.

angry sad
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Sanchez01: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
daniella04:
Saw this thread and I just smile grin, imagine if a lady says she sells orange and wants to marry an oil worker,
This is misapplication of analogy. At the end of the day, what matters is what both parties are bringing to the table.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Talk2Bella(f): 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
A friend saw me give my number to an okada rider she screamed and said hmm Bella if you fit give okada man your Num people get hope be dat

I told her he asked for my number nicely and i gave it to him nicely

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by ehix89(m): 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
GreenPlumes:

Since you always have the best in mind, i am pretty sure you know that Okada riding is not the best you can do for yourself, My advice bro, Be The Best And Get The Best #peace
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by chigaemezuogu: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Oga wait upon God even masters degree and Doctorate degree holders you will get.
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Op it's better to work harder ,save and upgrade into buying a car for taxi buisness. Either airport taxi buiz or normal road transit. Or even within states ? Drive to and fro.
I have a taxi friend who got married to a lady like abacha's wife. Same tall huge very fair kind of look lady, that abacha wife has.. Exactly the way his wife looks too
. And guess what? He is into airport taxi and he picked her up one fateful day she came back from Dubai. They got talking.. She is a business lady, buys jewellries and ladies stuffs from Dubai and sells in balogun market.
Cause of the way the way he drove carefully, she asked for his contacts.. He gave her. Next time she was travelling she called him to come. Pick her at home.. That's when their love affair started.
They are married.. He still can't believe he is her husband.. Lol. And she's so quiet and nice.
So simply upgrade to taxi within your state or interstate.

3 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
You can get an educated lady, but certainly not a nigerian girl, they re way too money conscious to consider an okada rider for husband.

You must change your trade if you want to marry a nigerian babe. cool

You can try cameroon, chad, mali or liberia.

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by verygudbadguy(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
Having read all the comments so far, I can confidently say that there are a lot of kids on Nairaland. Often times, we take sensitive issue as jokes.

You don't even know what the OP is going through. Maybe, he just needed to get some positive vibes to motivate himself.

OP, you can get a good wife even without a job. Yes, it is very possible. Stay focused, save as much as possible. Do not try to impress anybody at this stage. Cut your expenses to the barest minimum and save like your life depends on it.

Come back next January with another thread and I will advise you on what to do with the savings and how to attract good women.

Have a prosperous year.

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
jenigurl:

Listen sweetie you can get anyone to marry you, it's just about your outlook, your personality, and focus ...
As long as you have larger dreams and work towards them you can achieve whatever .

My two cents
feeble minded hypocrite spotted angry

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ginaz:

Yes I didn't, should I remove it for you so that after ironing it you can chop the shirt? undecided
you're Beautiful but you've big nose and mouth
I wouldn't want that for my kids lipsrsealed
Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by kickhard: 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
Most of the comments on this thread aptly describe the reason Nigeria is backward, no thanks to the 'prosperity-only' preachers/believers.
It seems that majority of us make conclusion about anything and anybody considering only the present. This cannot be right.

I know Mr. Desmond (not real name), an Okada rider in 2010 in the Agbara-Seme axis. He smokes anything and engages in various cross-border deals with his bike. There's this lady who works in a bank that is his regular customer who he rides to office every morning for some months. When he found out that the lady was single, he asked for her hand in marriage after dropping her off one early morning, then switched off his phones and disappeared from the route for some days, not knowing what her reaction would be. Fast forward, they have Three kids and live in their own fenced house in Agbara today. They've three cars; one for the wife, one for the man, and the other for the man's business and the man didn't add any degree to his SSC. The man respects the wife for accepting his proposal, while the lady respects her husband having observed him for months as a responsible okada man. The man is from Imo State and they already have a house in the village.

Many people use themselves as template for everything and quickly jump to conclusion even in matters they should listen and learn.
@OP you can marry even a masters degree holder as a wife, it all depends on your area, attitude, disposition and grace. Dream on and always work on yourself. Whoever rejects you doesn't deserve you. Don't forget you also have a unique self worth. Hold nothing against anybody that rejects you but never stop pursuing your dream with positive attitude.

2 Likes

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
If you don't attain a certain level of success, responsible women can't fall in love with you. It's not that we are materialistic or we love money.... It's because we are too responsible to walk into poverty with our eyes wide open.

1 Like

Re: As An Okada Rider, Will I Be Able To Get A Learned Woman To Marry Me? by habsydiamond(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
True talk na illiterate and I no get choice of a girl u fit find with this recession as ur girl friend but if u won date fine girl make u upgrade to powerbilke. I promise u say u go pick pick tire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Traditional Wedding Pictures / Why Women Date Ugly Black Guys / The Wooing Challenge - Female Version (Audition and Pick Your Man)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.