Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212055 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by loomer: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
Teeboy22:

I dey here b4 ooh

Chairman. Na siren dem go use carry u on Sunday o
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
NYC.... inside Fairway Supermarket... not a big eater nor get all excited and be drooling on the sight or scent of food.. but damn these cheeses... and she be giving samples too?...never knew they had this much variety of cheese!..and the lady is an expert.. she can tell about the differences. ..think she is a ehmmm ...cheeseologist. Bought some Etorki cheese. ... soooo good!... but damn... the price!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Teeboy22(m): 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
loomer:

Chairman. Na siren dem go use carry u on Sunday o
.who.....haha

Dem no reach... I'm loaded bro wink
Re: On Vacation: New York City by MtuMsuper: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC.... inside Fairway Supermarket... not a big eater nor get all excited and be drooling on the sight or scent of food.. but damn these cheeses... and she be giving samples too?...never knew they had this much variety of cheese!..and the lady is an expert.. she can tell about the differences. ..think she is a ehmmm ...cheeseologist. Bought some Etorki cheese. ... soooo good!... but damn... the price!
No prices are fair. Most in the 3.50 to 5.00 $ range. Believe me, it's a bargain!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:25am On Jun 30, 2017
NYC... Yankee and packaging!...see presentation?... stretching the price of a coconut ... always finding a way to add value!.... Fried coconut chips!...made from fried toasted coconuts! ....which one madam?..salted or unsalted?!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:07am On Jul 02, 2017
NYC.... Brooklyn Bridge.... 2 observation decks ... decks off footpath and over roadway.... can snap pictures of the harbour.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:15am On Jul 02, 2017
NYC...Harlem.... Home of the Hustler...125th Street ...business center.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:19am On Jul 02, 2017
NYC..Harlem... July 4th (Independence Day) weekend...head decorators . ..hair braiders super busy inside...customers waiting outside!...After the holiday... braiders be outside trying to attract customers. Competition is fierce.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:33am On Jul 02, 2017
NYC...I just love summer in this city.....I don't know why!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:44am On Jul 02, 2017
NYC....Law and order.... 24/7 enforcement... always riding around in unmarked cars... never know until they step out.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:49am On Jul 02, 2017
NYC... Brooklyn..Barclay's Center by day...home of the BrookLyn Nets basketball team...and venue for many stage shows. Some show taking place later. ..people already trooping in!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:56am On Jul 02, 2017
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
NYC...my favourite hangout area..Harlem. July 4,..Independence Day..125th Street... around store opening time... the Hustle.... hair architects out early looking for customers!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
NYC...Street vendors.... oh yes... same game... ehmm... hand crafted board.... $60..go figure!

1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by jeebz: 12:31am On Jul 05, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...Street vendors.... oh yes... same game... ehmm... hand crafted board.... $60..go figure!
Dem dey play Ayo for Yankee ni?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by odaniel1(m): 12:38am On Jul 05, 2017
Originalsly:

Her occupation isn't that hard to tell. its right behind you, she's a Cheese-monger! smiley
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:16am On Jul 05, 2017
odaniel1:

Her occupation isn't that hard to tell. its right behind you, she's a Cheese-monger! smiley
Bro.... this lady is no ordinary cheese monger. ... I picked the cheese and the signs of a few others fell..I thought the problem was going to be which sign for which cheese...she said no problem...she knows all the cheeses on sight...but the kicker was.. when I asked like should I take this or that... she can tell you about each... the differences.. how and where made..texture.. why one is more creamy than the other... which is from goat milk or cow milk or whatever milk.... bro...this is not about ID'in and selling cheese....she be cheeseologist...or something like that!

6 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by shakol91(m): 3:17am On Jul 05, 2017
Originalsly:
you don't mean it, some left Africa and are in America playing Ayo Olopon shockedshocked.... That was how someone told me about a guy in Australia whose hobby is to sit down and watch Nollywood movies during school break instead of him to hustle (because him papa dey send him money from 9ja)

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by odaniel1(m): 8:32am On Jul 05, 2017
Originalsly:
Bro.... this lady is no ordinary cheese monger. ... I picked the cheese and the signs of a few others fell..I thought the problem was going to be which sign for which cheese...she said no problem...she knows all the cheeses on sight...but the kicker was.. when I asked like should I take this or that... she can tell you about each... the differences.. how and where made..texture.. why one is more creamy than the other... which is from goat milk or cow milk or whatever milk.... bro...this is not about ID'in and selling cheese....she be cheeseologist...or something like that!
grin
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
NYC.. Brooklyn....a visit to a hospital.... newborn section....nursery.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
NYC

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
NYC....Harlem...125th St & Lenox Ave.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
NYC.... Recycling beverage cans/bottles...5 cents each..... see hard work?..about to pay off?! ..this is a business for these people.... have routine.. know hot spots..and time to go to strike gold!...I just find it interesting and kinda amazing!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Iamsheye(m): 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC....Harlem...125th St & Lenox Ave.
wow
love this view
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 7:49am On Jul 09, 2017
Interesting posts as usual.
I have always watched films/ movies where Harlem is painted as a dangerous place to live. Is this true? What security tips do you advise for someone visiting Harlem if he doesnt have any relative staying there. What can someone do in order not to attract the wrong people? Some places in Lagos and Warri, if you are asking for directions to a place you become a target. When rushing to enter public transport in Lagos, pickpockets are busy doing their thing. How is it in Harlem?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 3:09am On Jul 12, 2017
More photos please..
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:30am On Jul 12, 2017
NYC....MTA... city buses. All cater for the handicapped. Buses can 'kneel'.... have hydraulics to lower front of bus to allow easy entry for the elderly etc....and the stairs can unfold and flip out to allow even easier access but mainly used for wheel chair access.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2017
Electroweb:
Interesting posts as usual.
I have always watched films/ movies where Harlem is painted as a dangerous place to live. Is this true? What security tips do you advise for someone visiting Harlem if he doesnt have any relative staying there. What can someone do in order not to attract the wrong people? Dome places in Lagos and Warri, if yuo arevasking for directions to a place you become a target. When rushing to enter public transport in Lagos, pickpockets are busy doing their thing. How is it in Harlem?
Every Black community is portrayed as dangerous ... until the Whites begin to move in. On danger... I'll answer you this way... there is no area in Lagos .... all of Lagos bar none... that is safer than the worse area of Harlem.... but hey...not saying it is crime free! Security tips...I really don't know what to say!.... they'll know you are a visitor... local and international tourists be up in Harlem 24/7...they're used to that...and many are making Harlem their home..I'll advise a visitor just don't be a damn fool or naive. .. if he/she is..then they need someone to take them around or they would be scammed sooner or later... not lose their life or anything like that... just scammed. Feel free to ask for directions... the worse that can happen is ...people would brush you off because they are in a hurry...all NYC is like that.... or some people ...who may be visitors just like you...may give you wrong directions. You may even ask the 'thugs' for directions... they'll even give you short cuts... but noo... they wouldn't try to rob you! Pickpockets... yes... if you enter crowd with bag open and your wallet exposed... somebody may pick it..all.NYC..and I guess in any crowd anywhere in the world. Phones... especially women... stick it in their back pockets on the street... but take it out in a crowd....common sense.Lastly, if you ever visit NYC...I strongly advise you stay in Harlem... you wouldn't regret it.

7 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:38am On Jul 12, 2017
NYC...Harlem..residential...looking down from Sugar Hill.

Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
I have an observation which I want you to clarify for me, does our local networks e.g mtn work in the US?
Cos my uncle in New York calls with a local number that starts with 0814

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by signature2012(m): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
NumeroUno7:
I have an observation which I want you to clarify for me, does our local networks e.g mtn work in the US?
Cos my uncle in New York calls with a local number that starts with 0814

Our Nigerian network does not work in US.Your uncle called you through boss revolution,is a network service app that is mainly for international calls outside the US.Most times when I call home,people think am around because my number display the normal naija 081......

8 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
NYC...Harlem. ..dedicated to Electroweb!.... happen to capture a photo reply to your query! Guy in white top and backpack is a visitor... was going the wrong way and asked for directions... first asked the girl in yellow...then the guy in green/white and the one next to him chimed in and redirected him.... here they are all on their separate ways. Visitor is a Spanish speaker...the rest bilungual...Spanish/English.
Note girl's ehmmm...iPhone 10 halfway stuck in her back pocket!...that's common.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.