Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212046 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
NYC...Harlem.....St Nicholas Ave. . 2. Same ave...3 major parcel delivery trucks...USPS, FedEx and brown UPS truck in intersection.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2017
NYC...Harlem

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Bossman(m): 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
Your Naija phone will certainly roam here. It will either roam on AT&T or T-mobile and show that on the screen. The Naija mobile networks themselves do NOT work here. I turn on my Naija MTN and GLO sims every 3 months or so, to record an activity (send txt or topup). Been using the same Naija numbers for almost 7 years and been able to keep them active this way. .

signature2012:

Our Nigerian network does not work in US.Your uncle called you through boss revolution,is a network service app that is mainly for international calls outside the US.Most times when I call home,people think am around because my number display the normal naija 081......

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
NumeroUno7:
I have an observation which I want you to clarify for me, does our local networks e.g mtn work in the US?
Cos my uncle in New York calls with a local number that starts with 0814
You got your answers!...but for phone usage in most of NYC... free wi fi is provided by the city ..just need to connect one time to www.LinkNYCfreewifi. ...the quality is top of the line.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 10:23am On Jul 13, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...Harlem. ..dedicated to Electroweb!.... happen to capture a photo reply to your query! Guy in white top and backpack is a visitor... was going the wrong way and asked for directions... first asked the girl in yellow...then the guy in green/white and the one next to him chimed in and redirected him.... here they are all on their separate ways. Visitor is a Spanish speaker...the rest bilungual...Spanish/English.
Note girl's ehmmm...iPhone 10 halfway stuck in her back pocket!...that's common.

Oh ok. Thanks.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:40am On Jul 13, 2017
NYC.... in the park...murder in the park! ... saw this one bird pin down another... got his foot on his throat.... and pecking away at his gut... literally eating him alive... guess cycle if life..so why intervene? About to snap pic and he paused and gave me that look.. like ' what the hell you looking at?... berra mind your own damn business or else".

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by pretty16(f): 3:05am On Jul 15, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC.... in the park...murder in the park! ... saw this one bird pin down another... got his foot on his throat.... and pecking away at his gut... literally eating him alive... guess cycle if life..so why intervene? About to snap pic and he paused and gave me that look.. like ' what the hell you looking at?... berra mind your own damn business or else".

grin cheesy. The look of village people

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
NYC....hmmmm..... taking action to bring about change.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
NYC...Summer Sights...BBQ in the parks.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2017
More please, you are doing a great job sire!!!
Keep it coming
Re: On Vacation: New York City by nellaluv(f): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Originalsly:

Gangster bird shocked cheesy
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
NYC......New York's Strongest....NYC Sanitation /Garbage men. ... think your collar and tie fancy wrist watch and Aba Italian shoes bank supervisor job pay more than his? ...think again.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn s (Kings County) main Public Hospital....pretty good overall... for nurses.. good for your resumé.... and if ehmmm.... things fall apart in your head... there's a large mad house behavioural section.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2017
NYC

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by signature2012(m): 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...Brooklyn s (Kings County) main Public Hospital....pretty good overall... for nurses.. good for your resumé.... and if ehmmm.... things fall apart in your head... there's a large mad house behavioural section.

You might have seen me today.....I do go to kings county almost everyday.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
More please, I'm following this thread and its been a while you posted �
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
NYC....busy readjusting status...... meanwhile. .... culture clash!

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Habisoye: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
Abeg help me oo, my interview is next week friday and i don do error for my form.

i filled Museum address as place of stay and contact address in the U.S instead of the hotel address.
Please gurus in the house,
1. is there a way i can resolve this on the form
2. And if i fill a new form and disregard the old form, how would i sort out the issue of barcode, cos am sure it won't match with the appointment confirmation again?
2. Or i can go to the interview like that and defend it claiming it's an error when i was filling the form?
3. Wont this hinder my interview success, cos i know 'where will you be staying in the US?' is usually a common questiON.

I know this is not the right thread for this, but i understand people here have more extensive experience. And people also refuse to reply on the usual thread
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
NYC......hmmm......these two resemble ehmmm...let me shut up.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
NYC....Verazanno Bridge. ..linking Brooklyn to Staten Island

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Mutendiwashe(f): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
Still on a vacay or you relocated?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by pretty16(f): 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
signature2012:

Our Nigerian network does not work in US.Your uncle called you through boss revolution,is a network service app that is mainly for international calls outside the US.Most times when I call home,people think am around because my number display the normal naija 081......

Oh wow! Same thing happens when my mom calls me and I see naija number, and she's like Hey! am in Nigeria and am like Yea right! For ur mind. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by NumeroUno7(m): 11:23am On Jul 28, 2017
More please
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:57am On Jul 30, 2017
NYC....Summer Sights.....Block Party..... cook out .. residents of the street sharing and coming together....food, fun, games and music. Downtown Brooklyn...Fulton Mall.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:08am On Jul 30, 2017
NYC... and no.... they don't need deliverance... normal people.

9 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Jbsky: 11:36am On Jul 30, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...I just love summer in this city.....I don't know why!
Why won't you love summer grin

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
NYC....Summer Sights....bicycles everywhere!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
NYC...Summer Sights...people chilling... everywhere!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
NYC...Summer Sights...Technos Phones sticking out everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
NYC.... choices unlimited...mouth watering!...chop I must!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
NYC...the old and the new...cars everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
NYC...Hustle unlimited.... throw out mattress. ..it won't be long before these guys pick it up...recover them..and have them reappear at a pocket friendly price in a local small business furniture store!....only a matter of time before the bed bugs trapped within make their way out and be biting you on the butt!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.