Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28427 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2010
Mr Ladej,

Come and tell us about that useless coach called wenGAY
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Mr Ladej,

Come and tell us about that useless coach called wenGAY
what can i say. arsenal were outclassed yesterday and didnt play like champions. comprehensively outfought, muscled. however im not an arsenal fan. hoping chelsea will wake up from this slumber.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Dec 14, 2010
So what does that say about Monsieur WenGAY?

11 games vs Chelsea/Man Utd without a win, 13 goals in 13 games conceded to Didier Drogba, 5 seasons without a trophy, 6 seasons without the league and 27years of coaching without a European title.

Yet you claim he is a great coach. Kindly rationalize your earlier assertion
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

So what does that say about Monsieur WenGAY?

11 games vs Chelsea/Man Utd without a win, 13 goals in 13 games conceded to Didier Drogba, 5 seasons without a trophy, 6 seasons without the league and 27years of coaching without a European title.

Yet you claim he is a great coach. Kindly rationalize your earlier assertion
my guy no beef na. apples and oranges mate. in terms of overall trophies of course he lags behind. he had the chance to manage Madrid but chose to remain in arsenal cos of his principles, same principles that have cost him numerous titles. however i have a right to my opinion despite the fact im a chelsea fan. hes been an asset to england, and even alex will admit that he is a great manager[and he has done publicly]. why i would disagree with alex ferguson beggars belief. he more than anyone knows what a great manager is, after all we are all arm chair critics here [at least i am]. i maintain my stance. ARSENE WENGER IS A GREAT COACH. there. said it.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

my guy no beef na. apples and oranges mate. in terms of overall trophies of course he lags behind. he had the chance to manage Madrid but chose to remain in arsenal cos of his principles, same principles that have cost him numerous titles. however i have a right to my opinion despite the fact im a chelsea fan. hes been an asset to england, and even alex will admit that he is a great manager[and he has done publicly]. why i would disagree with alex ferguson beggars belief. he more than anyone knows what a great manager is, after all we are all arm chair critics here [at least i am]. i maintain my stance. ARSENE WENGER IS A GREAT COACH. there. said it.

You said he lags behind in trophies, then what is he good at? Lies, Dressing, Wrinkles, child molestation or what?

Arsene wenger refused(In your own words) to go to Madrid because he knows they dont tolerate mediocrity. Its only in Arsenal where mediocrity is celebrated. If he were to coach Madrid he cant last 4 months before he is sacked. Do you think any coach in Madrid can be trophyless for 2 seasons without getting sacked?

You have a right to your opinion but make it logical. Ferguson also said yesterday that Allardyce is a great coach, I am sure he knows better than you.

BTW Jose Mourinho who knows better than all, Has said Wenger is a Failure, A voyuer and a fraud
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

You said he lags behind in trophies, then what is he good at? Lies, Dressing, Wrinkles, child molestation or what?

Arsene wenger refused(In your own words) to go to Madrid because he knows they dont tolerate mediocrity. Its only in Arsenal where mediocrity is celebrated. If he were to coach Madrid he cant last 4 months before he is sacked. Do you think any coach in Madrid can be trophyless for 2 seasons without getting sacked?

You have a right to your opinion but make it logical. Ferguson also said yesterday that Allardyce is a great coach, I am sure he knows better than you.

BTW Jose Mourinho who knows better than all, Has said Wenger is a Failure, A voyuer and a fraud
i agree he would be sacked if he went to madrid. but also bear in mind that in madrid the coach never buys players. that is exclusive to the board. hence why he never went. creative control. capello was sacked despite winning the league, and perhaps mourinho too. hell even del bosque was sacked despite doing well. real madrid aside, i stand by my word. mourinho and wenger never liked each each from the get go. i feel his comments has a personal bad taste to it. as for ferguson saying allardyce is a grerat coach i believe him. not because he is ferguson but because his 'greatness' is relative to the reources he has worked with. in bolton he did a hell of a job despite never buying a player over 1 million quid. think he used a collection of unwanted talented players. granted he didnt win a title, but it was the way he still produced countless results that caught the eye. so my guy perhaps greatness is relative and shouldnt just be based on quantity[as in how many titles won], but be based on the overall picture such as titles, talent spotting, retaining, development, being a credit to the game, playing style, introduction of new technology, using pyschology to get the best from players, tactics and technical skill. its ur opinion that arsenal lack ambition but the board are perfectly happy with him and the job is his to lose

now how many peeps can say that? abi u feel say na juju he dey use?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2010
but be based on the overall picture such as titles, talent spotting, retaining, development, being a credit to the game, playing style, introduction of new technology, using pyschology to get the best from players, tactics and technical skill. its your opinion that arsenal lack ambition but the board are perfectly happy with him and the job is his to lose

The bolded, whats the motive of all that, If you claim you have all that and still cant get the job done?

If you tell your employer, you are a great team player, Have a PhD, attention to detail bla bla bla and yet you cant get a single project done succesfully whats the use?

All his new technology, psychology, playing style, development. retaining etc whats the end result? 5 seasons of barrenness?

Talent spotting like Owusu Abeyie, Arturo Lupoli, Justin Hoyte, Jeremy Aliadiere, Fabrice Muamba?

How many players have been discovered by wenGAy that have won Young player at the World cup?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by cougar1: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

arsene wenger is a decent manager, he's not a great coach. to be great is to do something extra-ordinary consistently. wenger has not done that (yet). to be great is to defend a league title - wenger hasn't done that yet. to be great is to win a european cup - wenger hasn't done that yet. i don't disagree he's been great for arsenal but that is because arsenal are small time. in the clique of great european managers, wenger is an apprentice.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

arsene wenger is a decent manager, he's not a great coach. to be great is to do something extra-ordinary consistently. wenger has not done that (yet). to be great is to defend a league title - wenger hasn't done that yet. to be great is to win a european cup - wenger hasn't done that yet. i don't disagree he's been great for arsenal but that is because arsenal are small time. in the clique of great european managers, wenger is an apprentice.
i bef to differ bros.i agree he failed to win back to back titles but hes also the only manager to go unbeaten in a season since the prem started 17 years ago. the european cup is one i cannot defend here, but because he didnt win it doesnt mean he isnt great.

dayokanu:

The bolded, whats the motive of all that, If you claim you have all that and still cant get the job done?

If you tell your employer, you are a great team player, Have a PhD, attention to detail bla bla bla and yet you cant get a single project done succesfully whats the use?

All his new technology, psychology, playing style, development. retaining etc whats the end result? 5 seasons of barrenness?

Talent spotting like Owusu Abeyie, Arturo Lupoli, Justin Hoyte, Jeremy Aliadiere, Fabrice Muamba?

How many players have been discovered by wenGAy that have won Young player at the World cup?
you conveniently didnt mention henry, vieira, pires, wiltord, fabregas, gallas, all who were green horns when they arrived in england and left marginally better wouldnt u agree? and a certain kanu nwankwo, who arguable had his best years in an arsenal shirt. well hes not going anywhere and he and alex remain the longest serving managers to day in top class football. that counts for something. im not asking you to agree, im asking you to see a different perspective to this. true say but hes gotten the project done loads of times, just that the last 5 seasons have been shocking to say the least
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

i bef to differ bros.i agree he failed to win back to back titles but hes also the only manager to go unbeaten in a season since the prem started 17 years ago. the european cup is one i cannot defend here, but because he didnt win it doesnt mean he isnt great.

How can you be a great manager in club football without winning the greatest prize? How can you be declared a champion without winning the biggest prize?

you conveniently didnt mention henry, vieira, pires, wiltord, fabregas, gallas, all who were green horns when they arrived in england and left marginally better wouldnt u agree? and a certain kanu nwankwo, who arguable had his best years in an arsenal shirt. . im not asking you to agree, im asking you to see a different perspective to this. true say but hes gotten the project done loads of times, just that the last 5 seasons have been shocking to say the least

Henry: Was a Green horn? Do you know Henry was a world cup winner and France highest goal scorer in the World cup before joining Arsenal?

Vieira: Do you know Vieira was already captain of Canne before going to AC Milan and finally Arsenal? Green horn indeed

Robert Pires: Joined Arsenal at the age of 27 after winning the World cup and Euro cup. Before joining Arsenal he has played over 220 Professional football games Yet he is a Green horn. So if Fernando Torres a similar 27yr old who has won Euro cup and World cup should join Chelsea now we would say he is a greenhorn.

Wiltord: Joined Arsenal at the age of 26yrs after playing over 250 games of Professional football and winning the Euro cup. Name another 26yrs old Euro cup winner who scored in the final that can be called a green horn. The way people say all sort just to cover up for wengers inadequacies is pathetic.

Gallas: Are you joking here? Gallas arrived at Arsenal as a 29yr old after winning 2 league titles with Chelsea, and more than a decade of professional football.

I am sure you would say Shevchenko and Ballack too were greenhorns when they arrived Chelsea because they arrived at a similar age.

well hes not going anywhere and he and alex remain the longest serving managers to day in top class football. that counts for something

Read about Guy Roux, He coached Auxerre for over 50yrs, We can also say he is a great manager abi?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by cougar1: 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

alex ferguson won 2 different champions league titles unbeaten - i am yet to see united fans anywhere gloat about that which is even a more difficult task because fergie had to go past good teams like inter milan, barcelona, bayern munich, chelsea, juventus, etc. wenger went unbeaten with less-difficult teams to worry about. besides, there's no special prize for going unbeaten. winning it is the most important thing.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

How can you be a great manager in club football without winning the greatest prize? How can you be declared a champion without winning the biggest prize?

Henry: Was a Green horn? Do you know Henry was a world cup winner and France highest goal scorer in the World cup before joining Arsenal?

Vieira: Do you know Vieira was already captain of Canne before going to AC Milan and finally Arsenal? Green horn indeed

Robert Pires: Joined Arsenal at the age of 27 after winning the World cup and Euro cup. Before joining Arsenal he has played over 220 Professional football games Yet he is a Green horn. So if Fernando Torres a similar 27yr old who has won Euro cup and World cup should join Chelsea now we would say he is a greenhorn.

Wiltord: Joined Arsenal at the age of 26yrs after playing over 250 games of Professional football and winning the Euro cup. Name another 26yrs old Euro cup winner who scored in the final that can be called a green horn. The way people say all sort just to cover up for wengers inadequacies is pathetic.

Gallas: Are you joking here? Gallas arrived at Arsenal as a 29yr old after winning 2 league titles with Chelsea, and more than a decade of professional football.

I am sure you would say Shevchenko and Ballack too were greenhorns when they arrived Chelsea because they arrived at a similar age.

Read about Guy Roux, He coached Auxerre for over 50yrs, We can also say he is a great manager abi?
mr dayo kanu. i love healthy debates. grin what i meant was they became house hold names worldwide performing in the english league. dont surprise me by comparing the french ligue 1 to the trio of english, spanish and italian leagues. id squeeze in german too.all the players you have itemised werent playing first team football and were largely disillusioned before coming to arsenal. ok scrap gallas from the list. i know guy roux, very respected amongst his peers.

my guy in d life we live in if you are lucky/blessed enough to work in your chosen profession and are respected by MOST of your colleagues for what u do, and manage to win a few world class projects etc, i feel u can be considered great. obviously our definitions of great clearly differ. nothing do u though. the fact that the word sack isnt even mentioned around his name despite his long lull of trophyless seasons should give you an indication of how highly regarded he is. the media[as horrible as the english one is], dont even mention his name when it comes to being sacked. in england hes a legend.
cou-gar:

alex ferguson won 2 different champions league titles unbeaten - i am yet to see united fans anywhere gloat about that which is even a more difficult task because fergie had to go past good teams like inter milan, barcelona, bayern munich, chelsea, juventus, etc. wenger went unbeaten with less-difficult teams to worry about. besides, there's no special prize for going unbeaten. winning it is the most important thing.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

nope it isnt. league is harder than champions league. time and time again this has been proven. the fact that you play 38 games in a 9 month season is a pointer. the league is more rigorous,more competitive, and the bread and butter of all leagues. of course they are different formats. one is 19 home, 19 away, while the other is a knock out competition. of course the quality is better at champions league, but the games are fewer and spaced further as well.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by cougar1: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

nope it isnt. league is harder than champions league. time and time again this has been proven. the fact that you play 38 games in a 9 month season is a pointer. the league is more rigorous,more competitive, and the bread and butter of all leagues. of course they are different formats. one is 19 home, 19 away, while the other is a knock out competition. of course the quality is better at champions league, but the games are fewer and spaced further as well.

so kindly explain why no team has been able to defend their champions league title since 92/93 and these same teams defend their league titles time and time again. the champions league is more difficult! a club can be a local champion like lyon, celtic/rangers, porto, etc in their respective domestic leagues but there's no local champion in europe. if you don't stock up well, you would be found out just like braga exposed arsenal the other night. the champions league is more difficult!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

so kindly explain why no team has been able to defend their champions league title since 92/93 and these same teams defend their league titles time and time again. the champions league is more difficult! a club can be a local champion like lyon, celtic/rangers, porto, etc in their respective domestic leagues but there's no local champion in europe. if you don't stock up well, you would be found out just like braga exposed arsenal the other night. the champions league is more difficult!
to be honest i have no clear answer to this question and i havent heard a convincing one till date.each brilliant team tend to bomb in the following season. the closest it got to back to back wins was when juventus got to 3 finals in a row in the late 90s. sadly only one was picked up. it might be the unpredictability of knock out football, this would be my educated guess, and i might be wildly wrong. even the excellent barca were tactically crushed by mourinho this year, leaving the players scratching their heads in disbelief. sneider opines it can be done. i wont hold my breath. remember when AC milan last did it they actually played fewer games than now[also a brilliant team to boot]
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by cougar1: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

to be honest i have no clear answer to this question and i havent heard a convincing one till date.each brilliant team tend to bomb in the following season. the closest it got to back to back wins was when juventus got to 3 finals in a row in the late 90s. sadly only one was picked up. it might be the unpredictability of knock out football, this would be my educated guess, and i might be wildly wrong. even the excellent barca were tactically crushed by mourinho this year, leaving the players scratching their heads in disbelief. sneider opines it can be done. i wont hold my breath. remember when AC milan last did it they actually played fewer games than now[also a brilliant team to boot]

it's not solely because of elimination, the ambiguous "away goal" rule is also a factor and this is why the champions league is more difficult. you can draw twice against your opponents and get eliminated(1-1) at home, (0-0) away and you are out! so for this reason, the champions league is the biggest football competition in my opinion. the quality is top draw and you have to really be on point to clinch it.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

it's not solely because of elimination, the ambiguous "away goal" rule is also a factor and this is why the champions league is more difficult. you can draw twice against your opponents and get eliminated(1-1) at home, (0-0) away and you are out! so for this reason, the champions league is the biggest football competition in my opinion. the quality is top draw and you have to really be on point to clinch it.
biggest yes, hardest no. im willing to accept at best its different though. its definitely more prestigious, but the consistency needed to win the league takes it for me. due to being seeded big guns can avoid each other, and get a kind draw for the second round. from the QFs onwards u can hit full steam as a club. in the league no soft touch o. if u win the league u have deserved to win the league. champions league has had a few lucky winners IMO, namely porto [remember the disallowed goal from scholes]
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by cougar1: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

biggest yes, hardest no. im willing to accept at best its different though. its definitely more prestigious, but the consistency needed to win the league takes it for me. due to being seeded big guns can avoid each other, and get a kind draw for the second round. from the QFs onwards u can hit full steam as a club. in the league no soft touch o. if u win the league u have deserved to win the league. champions league has had a few lucky winners IMO, namely porto [remember the disallowed goal from scholes]

yes, an undeserved winner can win any cup competition but that does not devalue it. if you win the champions league unbeaten, consider it the most difficult task ever because from the group stage onwards, there's no easy team. arsenal's toughest rivals in 2003/4 when they went unbeaten were man utd and chelsea. the other 17 clubs were not up to scratch. in the tie against united(it was 0-0 at ot, 1-1 at highbury), in a champions league format, the gunners would have been eliminated based on the results. lastly, there must be a reason arsene wenger is yet to win the champions league - and that is because it's more difficult than the domestic league.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

mr dayo kanu. i love healthy debates. grin what i meant was they became house hold names worldwide performing in the english league. dont surprise me by comparing the french ligue 1 to the trio of english, spanish and italian leagues. id squeeze in german too.all the players you have itemised werent playing first team football and were largely disillusioned before coming to arsenal. ok scrap gallas from the list. i know guy roux, very respected amongst his peers.

my guy in d life we live in if you are lucky/blessed enough to work in your chosen profession and are respected by MOST of your colleagues for what u do, and manage to win a few world class projects etc, i feel u can be considered great. obviously our definitions of great clearly differ. nothing do u though. the fact that the word sack isnt even mentioned around his name despite his long lull of trophyless seasons should give you an indication of how highly regarded he is. the media[as horrible as the english one is], dont even mention his name when it comes to being sacked. in england hes a legend.

ladej,

Till year 2000, The English league wasnt that highly regarded, Even when the CL started EPL was only allowed 3 teams.

When the likes of Henry, Vieira, Pires, Wiltord came to EPL, it was clearly behind the Italian league and just at par with BL and French league.

BTW Are you saying Pires and Wiltord were not playing first team football before joining Arsenal, Kindly check your facts about this.

Before 2000, How many EPL teams made the CL knockout stages? Arsenal couldnt even make CL knockout in those ages, Wasnt it those times that Deportivo, Valencia, Kaiserslautern made mincemeat of Wengers sides?

If not for the hard work for Man Utd, EPL would be producing 3 teams till much later.

Ladej,
Which one do you think its easier playing Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid home and way vs Playing Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, West ham, Hull City, Wolves Home and away.

Do you think its easy to go to Nou Camp, Bernabeu, San Siro and Allianz Arena to pick results?

You mean Celtic would say going unbeaten in the Scottish league is difficult when the only big team they had to play was Rangers 4 times
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

yes, an undeserved winner can win any cup competition but that does not devalue it. if you win the champions league unbeaten, consider it the most difficult task ever because from the group stage onwards, there's no easy team. arsenal's toughest rivals in 2003/4 when they went unbeaten were man utd and chelsea. the other 17 clubs were not up to scratch. in the tie against united(it was 0-0 at ot, 1-1 at highbury), in a champions league format, the gunners would have been eliminated based on the results. lastly, there must be a reason arsene wenger is yet to win the champions league - and that is because it's more difficult than the domestic league.
were th other 17 teams rubbish or was arsenal exceptional that season?

dayokanu:

ladej,

Till year 2000, The English league wasnt that highly regarded, Even when the CL started EPL was only allowed 3 teams.

When the likes of Henry, Vieira, Pires, Wiltord came to EPL, it was clearly behind the Italian league and just at par with BL and French league.

BTW Are you saying Pires and Wiltord were not playing first team football before joining Arsenal, Kindly check your facts about this.

Before 2000, How many EPL teams made the CL knockout stages? Arsenal couldnt even make CL knockout in those ages, Wasnt it those times that Deportivo, Valencia, Kaiserslautern made mincemeat of Wengers sides?

If not for the hard work for Man Utd, EPL would be producing 3 teams till much later.

Ladej,
Which one do you think its easier playing Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid home and way vs Playing Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, West ham, Hull City, Wolves Home and away.

Do you think its easy to go to Nou Camp, Bernabeu, San Siro and Allianz Arena to pick results?

You mean Celtic would say going unbeaten in the Scottish league is difficult when the only big team they had to play was Rangers 4 times

of cos european teams are harder to beat, nothing i said earlier suggested otherwise. pires and wiltord might have been playing first team football but in a lower class league, same position the brits were in 2000 as you rightly pointed out. i agree with your other points
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
Pires won the World cup, Won the Euro cup came to Arsenal at the age of 27. Wiltord won the World cup, Won the Euro cup before coming.

By your reasoning we can also say Ballack came to limelight when he moved to Chelsea?

If you agree European teams are more difficult to beat, which should be a higher achievement: Winning CL unbeaten or winning domestic league unbeaten
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by cougar1: 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

were the other 17 teams rubbish or was arsenal exceptional that season?

a bit of both to be honest!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On Dec 14, 2010
That season, Chelsea was under ranieiri and just coming up, Liverpool under Houllier and man Utd just rebuilding
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

a bit of both to be honest!

chop knuckle broda.

dayokanu:

That season, Chelsea was under ranieiri and just coming up, Liverpool under Houllier and man Utd just rebuilding
true that, doesnt diminish that excellent season though. its like diminishing barca's season by saying the other teams rolled over for them. sometimes you have to credit the goal scorer, not lambast the keeper
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Pires won the World cup, Won the Euro cup came to Arsenal at the age of 27. Wiltord won the World cup, Won the Euro cup before coming.

By your reasoning we can also say Ballack came to limelight when he moved to Chelsea?

If you agree European teams are more difficult to beat, which should be a higher achievement: Winning CL unbeaten or winning domestic league unbeaten
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by cougar1: 10:35pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

chop knuckle broda.
true that, doesnt diminish that excellent season though. its like diminishing barca's season by saying the other teams rolled over for them. sometimes you have to credit the goal scorer, not lambast the keeper

but you have to be honest, many see that achievement as a fluke because arsenal's dominance didn't last long. when other great european teams have dominated, they at least defended a league title and were victorious in europe. arsenal did none of that so you cannot blame people thinking the invincibles were crap.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 10:38pm On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

but you have to be honest, many see that achievement as a fluke because arsenal's dominance didn't last long. when other great european teams have dominated, they at least defended a league title and were victorious in europe. arsenal did none of that so you cannot blame people thinking the invincibles were crap.
whats your position , do you think they were crap? they failed to capitalise on the success though, it has to be said. big time. even us chelsea won back to back grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
All teams who have gone a season unbeaten domestically won in Europe.

Steau Bucharest, PSV, Ajax AC Milan all went unbeaten domestically and went on to win in Europe but Arsenal have only played the CL semi twice in history.

SHows that was a big fluke
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by cougar1: 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

whats your position , do you think they were crap? they failed to capitalise on the success though, it has to be said. big time. even us chelsea won back to back grin

technically, i think they were crap. grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2010
JOSE MOURINHO is one of the very finest football tacticians of our generation.

By the way, where are all the GoatCrants, Sauron and others.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by amurx(m): 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
Just like dat el classico . Altleast he wil no dat he is nt da best
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 11:45am On Dec 24, 2010
amurx:

Just like dat el classico . Altleast he wil no dat he is nt da best
GOATCRANT, I don't know whether to be the best means you will never loss a match. Or your memory is too short to remember he knocked Barca out (when it mattered most) to win the Champions league last season.

JOSE MOURINHO: The finest "thing" football has ever produced. Best entertainer, best motivator, best strategist and best achiever. Put his picture alone in the front page of your magazine and you are sure of doubling your sales. The only coach that has more fans than most big clubs in Europe. And have you also noticed that Jose can make a good model!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Basel Vs Manchester United: UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd November 2017 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (1 - 0) On 10th February 2018 / Balotelli And Mancini In Training Ground Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.