Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28539 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 10:32pm On May 22, 2010
Wahala90:

You are validating the fact that you are a GoatCrant with so much fact. However, you failed to understand that the world knows that clubs get coaches who they know can deliver for them based on what they know about the ability of the coach.

U musta been born retarded.
Whatz the meaning of what you just spewed above?
Clubs get coaches who they know can deliver and reh reh reh. . . . . .Was that the reason Roman Abramovic hired Avram Grant after sacking Mourinho?
Avram Grant had no coaching badge when he took Chelsea to a European final and you are here spewing jargons.

GoatCrant #4, can you "crant" please?

What a simpleton!!!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 12:01am On May 23, 2010
I have to induct Jose Mourinho into the coaching greats Hall of Fame.

Hail Jose. He learnt from the best and became better than the best.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by akinalabi(m): 12:27am On May 23, 2010
My position on the issue remains the same. Once you can win things over and over again, then you are good.

The guy has done that. We cant ask for more.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 12:29am On May 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Good boy.

Pay obeisance to those that deserve it.
Jose is the best in the world right now.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 12:37am On May 23, 2010
How about wetin we talk
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Nobody: 12:55am On May 23, 2010
Go and drink shekpe my friend.
Your team just lost to superior fire power.

Wetin you and who talk?
See this clown o. . . cheesy
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 2:28am On May 23, 2010
I would take out the Mourinho injury on you. Oya come for a feisty session
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 9:17am On May 23, 2010
^ grin grin slimey pig , anyways the injury'd leave you too weak to geddi up .
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by medjai(m): 10:46am On May 23, 2010
Mourinho's ability as a coach comes from ability to get best out of players and this due to his convivial nature. His tactics are not so out of the ordinary. He knows what to do to get the result. He knows when to play football and when to 'park the plane'.
I strongly believe if you take Mourinho to Stoke City, within two seasons, they'll be playing in the Champions League. His strength comes from his ability to get 110% out of players. Look at how players like Cambiasso, Motta, Zanetti and even Milito have blossommed under him. He has been able to get the best out of them. Mourinho is a wonderful coach.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 12:01pm On May 23, 2010
dayokanu:

akinalabi:

My position on the issue remains the same. Once you can win things over and over again, then you are good.

The guy has done that. We cant ask for more.

Eastbay:

Ok, I raise my hands up and admit I was wrong.
JM is a genius.

This officially end this thread.

Thanks to all the actors
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 12:48pm On May 23, 2010
Akolawole:

This officially end this thread.

Thanks to all the actors

Akolawole, why are you milking off last night's events. . . . U clearly told us Jose was no genius and he was no fluke.
To get things in perspective, Dayokanu started this thread based on the events that happened around then when Jose was failing in Europe.
Managers peak and drop form, players peak and drop form. . . .12 months ago, Guardiola was the best, 12 months later--Jose is being hailed the best.
Who knows what will happen in 12 months time? It could be Wenger or even Benitez.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 12:56pm On May 23, 2010
I have to induct Jose Mourinho into the coaching greats Hall of Fame. Hail Jose. He learnt from the best and became better than the best.

Dayokanu has displayed the spirit of a good sportsman. Infact, I confer you with the title, "Special Nairalander 2010" You 2 much!

Akolawole, why are you milking off last night's events. . . . U clearly told us Jose was no genius and he was no fluke.
, Who knows what will happen in 12 months time? It could be Wenger or even Benitez.

Meaning What. Are you still "for" or "against". Make us know.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 1:26pm On May 23, 2010
Wahala90:

He wont answer you. I knew Sharoun's method for years grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 1:40pm On May 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

1) Akolawole, why are you milking off last night's events. . . . U clearly told us Jose was no genius and he was no fluke.
To get things in perspective, Dayokanu started this thread based on the events that happened around then when Jose was failing in Europe.
2) [size=14pt]Managers peak and drop form, players peak and drop form. [/size]. . .12 months ago, Guardiola was the best, 12 months later--Jose is being hailed the best.
Who knows what will happen in 12 months time? It could be Wenger or even Benitez.

Le Chacalllllll

1) Me milking from yesterday's event. Everyone knows my stand on anything Jose or Didier. Go and read my contributions all over again. Of course i pointed out that there's no coach that is a living genius, literally from dictionary meaning of Genuis.

2) Managers drop form I am hearing that for the first time grin grin grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 2:10pm On May 23, 2010
Just cos you're the best doesn't make one a genius.
So this argument must continue cos it has to be established if Jose is a genius or just a fluke who uses stupendous sums of money to buy success.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 9:42pm On May 23, 2010
Wahala90:

Mourinho is getting there. . . . . .He proved his critics wrong last night but it takes more than 2 UCL titles to make one a genius.
He is almost there anyways.

Akolawole:

Le Chacalllllll
1) Me milking from yesterday's event. Everyone knows my stand on anything Jose or Didier. Go and read my contributions all over again. Of course i pointed out that there's no coach that is a living genius, literally from dictionary meaning of Genuis.

U said Jose was no genius and he was no fluke.
Go to page 2 of this thread, i also made it clear Jose was a decent brilliant manager but he is no genius.
Where we disagreed was when i said SAF is a genius and you felt otherwise. . . . .

2) Managers drop form I am hearing that for the first time grin grin grin

Of course managers drop form. . . .
12 months ago, Pep Guardiola couldn't do any wrong. He destroyed every team put in front of him and Barca fans felt they had seen the messiah.
This season, he wasn't really at his best and he was knocked out by Jose Mourinho.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by aieromon(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2010
The stats speak for TSO
Porto-treble,won the UCl and the European Cup.DID NOT LOSE A HOME GAME.

Chelsea-DID NOT LOSE A HOME GAME,2 EPL titles back to back

Inter-treble,DID NOT LOSE A HOME GAME

If that aint genious enough,what the phuck should we call it?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dyabman(m): 12:58pm On May 24, 2010
what should we call Mourinho , huh? Genius Fluke how about that tongue
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by AjanleKoko: 1:14pm On May 24, 2010
Well, he's certainly the closest thing to a genius we've got in modern footie. As a coach, that is.
But one thing fazes me. How he operates with basically the same game plan, and still gets underrated by other managers and teams in Europe is amazing. Van Gaal should have known better.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ritchboy(m): 3:05pm On May 24, 2010
His on-field record is impressive, but let's not forget the teams he's managed spent the most money on transfers in their respective countries. . .

Porto - Biggest spenders in Portugal
Chelsea - Biggest spenders in England/Europe/Earth
Inter - Biggest spenders in Italy

Up next:

Real Madrid - Biggest spenders in Spain

Then possibly:

Man City - Potentially biggest spenders of all time!!! grin grin grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 4:07pm On May 24, 2010
But one thing fazes me. How he operates with basically the same game plan, and still gets underrated by other managers and teams in Europe is amazing. Van Gaal should have known better.

Van Gaal can only play with the material at hand. Position for postion Inter has better players than Bayern in at least 8 out of 11.

On saturday he had the advantage in talents and quality
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 4:22pm On May 24, 2010
dayokanu:

Van Gaal can only play with the material at hand. Position for postion Inter has better players than Bayern in at least 8 out of 11.

On saturday he had the advantage in talents and quality

Inter have better players in 10 positions out of 11.
People seem to forget Inter have got quality players. . . . .Even against Barca at Nou Camp, Inter had better players on show.

Cesar >> Valdes

Maicon = Alves
Pique = Samuel
Lucio >> Yaya Toure
Chivu >> Milito

Zanetti >> Busquets
Sneijder << Xavi
Motta = Keita

Sneijder >> Pedro
Etoo >> Ibrahimovic
Milito << Messi.

In other words, only Xavi and Messi are sure starters if they play in Inter with Pique and Keita on the border-line.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2010
Even that Maicon for Alvez is very debatable self.

On Saturday, the team with the better players won simple.

Imagine Milito- Etoo- vs Olic-Muller, van Buyten-Demichelis vs Lucio-Samuel, Zanetti/Chivu vs Badstuber even if Rinus Michel, Hitzfeld and Ferguson are coaching them jointly
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 4:32pm On May 24, 2010
dayokanu:

Even that Maicon for Alvez is very debatable self.

I don't want Krayola and Khanye to commit suicide so i made it Maicon = Alves
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2010
Attacking- Alvez 80, Maicon 70
Defending Alvez 30, Maicon 70
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by A40(m): 5:54pm On May 24, 2010
@Dayokanu
Maicon is 1million times better than Alves!! Offensively (his assists are high for a RB) and defensively just ask Dunga!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by eyoniggar(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2010
A-40:

@Dayokanu
Maicon is [i]1million times better than Alves!! [/i]Offensively (his assists are high for a RB) and defensively just ask Dunga!

^^^ UNTRUE!!! Maicon is better, but not as much as you have exaggerated it.

I'll consider Mou as a genius if he wins the laliga title in his first season.

As for now, I can only consider him as a good coach, not in the class of a genius yet.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mykali(m): 7:29pm On May 24, 2010
eyoniggar:

I'll consider Mou as a geniusif he wins the laliga title in his first season

he's really going to la liga?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 8:35pm On May 24, 2010
~Sauron~:

1) Mourinho is getting there. . . . . .He proved his critics wrong last night but it takes more than 2 UCL titles to make one a genius.
He is almost there anyways.

2) U said Jose was no genius and he was no fluke.
Go to page 2 of this thread, i also made it clear Jose was a decent brilliant manager but he is no genius.
Where we disagreed was when i said SAF is a genius and you felt otherwise. . . . .

3) Of course managers drop form. . . .
12 months ago, Pep Guardiola couldn't do any wrong. He destroyed every team put in front of him and Barca fans felt they had seen the messiah.
This season, he wasn't really at his best and he was knocked out by Jose Mourinho.

1) And his No 1 critic is Mr Sharoun. Why cant you just says "he proved me/us wrong" grin

2) Prior to Saturday, If JM was not a genius, my stand was who then is a genius?

3) In all my years in football, i have never read or hear anyone saying Football managers drop form. Doe mean his brain his sleeping or what?

@All

With no reference to any coach, who is a genius(coach i mean) ?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 9:41pm On May 24, 2010
Akolawole:

1) And his No 1 critic is Mr Sharoun. Why cant you just says "he proved me/us wrong" grin

He's yet to prove me wrong. . . . .but he's proven DK and Eastbay wrong.
It takes more than trophies to make a manager a genius.

2) Prior to Saturday, If JM was not a genius, my stand was who then is a genius?

E be like say you like me repeating myself.
For the 10000000000000000000000th time, Sir Alex Ferguson is a genius.

3) In all my years in football, i have never read or hear anyone saying Football managers drop form. Doe mean his brain his sleeping or what?

Football managers drop form sometimes.
12 months ago, Jose Mourinho's brain was asleep when his team got eliminated woefully by Ferguson.

With no reference to any coach, who is a genius(coach i mean) ?

See above!!!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by jalether(m): 10:27pm On May 24, 2010
If y'all know the definition/meaning of the word "genius" you wouldn't dare use it loosely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester City (1 - 0) On 15th August 2021 / Arsenal Vs Leicester City - (1 - 1) On 7th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.