Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men (62048 Views)

Uratta Owerri DPO Fighting With A Tricyclist Who Bashed His Car / Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander In Benue At Night & His Car Was Snatched / India Arrests Nigerian With Ingested Cocaine (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by ahamonyeka(m): 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
Am just angry and pained as am reading this. What kind of nonsense preferential treatment is that? We blacks do not value ourselves just as white do not even see us as humans. I weep for this country.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mambox:
Every country police protects it's citizens EXCEPT that useless Nigerian police!

"To serve and protect" is the motto of most PD. They equally serve all citizens they interact with.

Using your premise then the Poles should have their police force in Nigeria to protect the poles.

Highly illogical.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by robby1(m): 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Let me offer a different perspective:
If they're diplomats, there's practically nothing the Police can do. That's because they are operating in a different jurisdiction. As far as they are concerned, the laws of Nigeria does not apply to them. This is the way it works. International law is very messy when it comes to Diplomatic issues.
The polish embassy is practically Poland. The Nigerian police can not go in there and make arrests as it would tantamount to breaching another country's sovereignty.
However, if they were simply visitors and not diplomats, they will be in serious trouble.
Now, before you claim racism, these things happen all over the world, all the time. Look at the incident that happened with the Lockerbie bombing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Yvonne_Fletcher). The libyan diplomats were able to house and help the prime suspect to escape. Infact, one of them killed a British police woman and they were able to walk away while the Police watched helplessly because of "Diplomatic Immunity"

They (The polish diplomats here) know what they're are doing and they know the worst that can happen to them is a slap on the wrist by their consular.
So take heart but, I'm sorry, there's really nothing you can do about this.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by bobo65(m): 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
FemiEddy:
I need drone, to blow up some people......imagine.....in Nigeria o, wish dey did dis in munshin

Lol
If Na d mushin wey I know for Lagos, Na trek dis white men go use go embassy cos dem no go even c their wallet or phone, person go buy their car for their front

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by olanie(m): 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2017
Adonis3

Get this Police Officer involved he will certainly get to the root of the issue.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
BCISLTD:
angry the polish embassy will pay for damages..but u can't hold or charge them...your lawyer should write a formal complaint to their consulate ..it would help if you put it online too

A tip of my bowler hat to you Sir.

It was a simple matter at the first traffic collision. But instead they decided to do John Wayne and block traffic.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Cutie09(m): 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
I'm not surprised this is happening in a lawless country best thing you can do is get a lawyer and make your complain ensure that everything is being film due those scumbag police my blood boils when I read stuff like this
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by olagbemi118(m): 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
Who even told this one that the Nigeria police force has any image to protect?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
that's why nnamdi kanu calls it a zoo, a country where the laws are for the poor...
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by uncjay(m): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
I think then that the diplomatic law is faulty.

How can an international law grant immunity to a guilty person simply because he's a diplomat!

I see it as a way of promoting crime.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by RaptorX: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
While it's true diplomats cannot be arrested, diplomatic immunity does not permit you to do hit and run and leaving the scene of an accident. And how does the police know that they are truly diplomats and not just name dropping. Even if they are not diplomats they will still get away with it because Nigerians in general worship oyinbo cause no reason to detain the Nigerian guy because Polish police will not detain a Polish man for a Nigerian diplomat.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by BCISLTD: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
EgunMogaji:

A tip of my bowler hat to you Sir.

It was a simple matter at the first traffic collision. But instead they decided to do John Wayne and block traffic.

Bros if na you nko...say ur a diplomat in a country where they kidnap foreigners for sport...u go wan wait to dey talk plenty ... grin I understand their paranoia

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by redcliff: 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
SmartyPants:
Well your bro might have to suffer for a bit but please be sure that when the "kidnapping" charge is dealt with as it will be, you sue the police force. Your lawyer will advice you on how to go about it.

which kidnap? where is the other party?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
uncjay:
I think then that the diplomatic law is faulty.

How can an international law grant immunity to a guilty person simply because he's a diplomat!

I see it as a way of promoting crime.

The reason for the law is to prevent diplomats from being attacked, or hindered from doing their jobs effectively.

Sadly, a lot of diplomats around the world commit crimes using diplomatic immunity.

HOWEVER....if the diplomat's country waives the diplomat's immunity...prosecution can occur.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Chinexd22nd(m): 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2017
Op at least u go learn now...
Next time u are supposed to beat d idiots like u will beat ur fellow black man if he does same...
Idiotic white bastards...
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by loomer: 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2017
Polish for that matter. No be say na better oyibo self
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by thonyrule(m): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
What a shame! You can't do this in there country and get away.... Some humiliates blacks at any slight of opportunity they get, in short may thick thunder fire those officers.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
[quote author=9jakohai post=52860686]

Let me introduce you to a certain international convention....

Diplomatic immunity.....

Until the Polish Embassy says that they have waived their immunity....they cannot be prosecuted...

Happens all over the world....even in the US.

So, those dudes are to go off the hook just like that?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by dominique(f): 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:

Diplomatic immunity.....

Until the Polish Embassy says that they have waived their immunity....they cannot be prosecuted...

Not that they should be convicted but at least they should be held accountable for their misdeeds
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hapi121:

Yes they do...unless the Polish embassy waives their immunity.

The same thing would have happened in Poland with a Nigerian diplomat bashing a local Polish citizen's car in say Warsaw.....walks off without any prosecution for traffic offence.

Here are some examples of how diplomats the world over get away with ''crime''
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by bettercreature(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2017
That is why you need education,this guy forming he has lived abroad all his life doesn't know anything about diplomatic law,those people has the same power with the president they can not be arrested or prosecuted,the right thing to do is to take pictures and send a complaint to their consulate if you ever find yourself in this situation,delaying them will only cause you trouble
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by SmartyPants(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2017
redcliff:

which kidnap? where is the other party?

read my post well!!
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by ArabMopol(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2017
one of the reasons I love myself so much... I won't even give u chance to explain ur self before I started piecing your mouth with heavy punches .... diplomat my ass , this is what dullard buhari has reduce us to, when he tag us criminals in foreign country what do you expect
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by bettercreature(m): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
ArabMopol:
one of the reasons I love myself so much... I won't even give u chance to explain ur self before I started piecing your mouth with heavy punches .... diplomat my ass , this is what dullard buhari has reduce us to, when he tag us criminals in foreign country what do you expect
they would kill you and nothing will happen
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by victorazy(m): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
I don't want to talk
Because last time I said "black man is closed to animal" MOD came after me. undecided
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by wtfCode: 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2017
Useless country called Nigeria angry
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Seanjay(m): 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2017
I almost cried when I was reading the post so now you are telling me that in my country and still less human to oyinbo even with two witnesses a military personnel for that matter and why were they charge as kidnappers again in their own country, OH WHAT A COUNTRY WHERE YOU WILL BE IMPRISON FOR A FOREIGNER.... AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS COUNTRY EVEN IF THEY ARE DIPLOMAT AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING TO THEM THEN WHY DETAINING YOUR OWN CITIZEN AND LABELLING THEM CRIMINALS?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by vertueptime: 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
Pls go online the npf website and send ur complaint, the new IGP is no nonsense and ur issue will be visited
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by uncjay(m): 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:

The reason for the law is to prevent diplomats from being attacked, or hindered from doing their jobs effectively.

Sadly, a lot of diplomats around the world commit crimes using diplomatic immunity.

HOWEVER....if the diplomat's country waives the diplomat's immunity...prosecution can occur.

And when diplomat's country refuse to waive immunity even though they aware the diplomat is guilty what should be done?

Just close your eyes and massage the slaps on ur face?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by repogirl(f): 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:

Diplomatic immunity.....

Nobody is prosecuting them
They should pay for damages of the car and the police should drop the bogus charges on the brother. Simple.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by KaptainAfrika: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
You are right, however, they can declared "persona non grata" by the Nigerian government and deported.

9jakohai:

Diplomatic immunity.....

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Buharimustgo: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
But we have consistently told u that Nigeria is a Zoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Official Collects N10,000 Bribe From A Man, Forgets His IPhone 7 In His Car / Man Poisoned To Death By His Friends During New Year Celebration In Ibadan. / Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.