Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men (62050 Views)

Uratta Owerri DPO Fighting With A Tricyclist Who Bashed His Car / Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander In Benue At Night & His Car Was Snatched / India Arrests Nigerian With Ingested Cocaine (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by otaelo: 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
Everywhere in the world diplomats enjoy immunity. my brother stop exhibiting your ignorance in the public

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by onward4life(m): 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
In Patorankings voice
Ya dan nooo

Nigeria police is a confraternity...

I will prove this
E.g **southern Kaduna Blood fiesta** now on. Ps3 sef
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by gerg: 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:

Let me introduce you to a certain international convention....

Diplomatic immunity.....

Until the Polish Embassy says that they have waived their immunity....they cannot be prosecuted...

Happens all over the world....even in the US.

then the government should repair the guys car and pay for damages. if not, everything up there is rubbish
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by odysey: 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
The Dpo should be arrested and charged to court

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
uncjay:

And when diplomat's country refuse to waive immunity even though they aware the diplomat is guilty what should be done?

Just close your eyes and massage the slaps on ur face?

That is the problem

And it isn't only Nigeria....most countries....whether developed or developing .....have issues with diplomatic immunity.

In the US , for example, New York City is owed billions of dollars by diplomats from all over the world in parking tickets (And an attempt to enforce the tickets some two decades ago caused an uproar).

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Noblesoul123: 6:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:

Diplomatic immunity.....

Until the Polish Embassy says that they have waived their immunity....they cannot be prosecuted...

Thank you for enlightening those that react purely on sentiment.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by ArabMopol(m): 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
bettercreature:
they would kill you and nothing will happen
what of if I kill them first ?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by qhilo(m): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
"Black man suffers at home, black man suffers abroad,black man likes to suffer"brymo.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Bahddo(m): 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
It's like you don't know Nigeria is shyte. An average white man (diplomat or not) has more rights than you in your own country. Whoever dies for this country has wasted his life in the worst way possible.

All these people quoting diplomat nonsense, so you are saying if a Nigerian diplomat does this in Poland, they would give him a pat on the back, let him go and arrest the Polish guy?

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by blazer234: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:

Diplomatic immunity.....

And the stupid law also says citizens of the host country can be arrested and framed for crimes committed by the so-called diplomats, right?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by nickxtra(m): 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
In international diplomacy, a foreign national(diplomat) cannot be tried under our laws. Maybe the Police erroneously looked at that perspective
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Johnterryfama(m): 7:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
if I where you the first place to go is brekete family.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by persius555(m): 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nigerian Police Force is the genesis of the problem we face as a country.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by RaptorX: 7:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by linearity: 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
dominique:
Speechless!
So being a diplomat is a ticket to commit crime and go scot free. Rubbish they cannot try in their country. It's not their faults but that of the incompetent inferiority complex riddled authorities.

It is the law, they have diplomatic immunity and it is there for a reason.

Nigerian Diplomats in the New York City do the same thing, parking is tough in NYC, but they park anyhow and when they receive traffic citations, they ignore it, when the police catch them driving over speed limit, they let them go. They can even assault and beat up American citizens and there nothing the police can do about it.

There are two avenues to deal with offenders with diplomatic immunity, one is take it up through Nigeria State department or go directly and file a compliant at their embassy with documented proof, plus put huge social media pressure on them aka 'shaming the foreign government' into action.

All these foreign embassies and their host countries are on facebook, twitter, etc; use that medium to your advantage, before you know it, they will agree to pay for your damages, and then might call those diplomats back to their countries.

Most Nigerians do not use these medium, especially those who complain bitterly about their Lebanese employers. Yes, some of the atrocities of these Lebanese employers are ban through their labor license and can be resolved through the right State agency in Nigeria, but majority of them can only be resolved if you go directly through their embassies and foreign government.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Acodynas1(m): 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
Let be sincere we Nigerians do not know how to drive period. With the pics the Nigeran man is at fault
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by linearity: 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
persius555:
Nigerian Police Force is the genesis of the problem we face as a country.
There is nothing the police can do in this case, according to the law, they must allow the diplomats to go, Nigerian diplomats abroad are accorded the same protection/special treatment compare to their own citizens....and believe me, you know say as Nigerians, our diplomats also abuse these protections abroad.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Lakeland4321: 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:

Diplomatic immunity.....

You have spoken well and truthfully, the problem would have been straightforward if the police had explained that the cannot arrest them due to diplomatic immunity but as you have read, they are accusing them of attempted kidnap. This shows that the polish expats are not diplomats because if they were they would have diplomatic license plates on their vehicle. It is a clear case of the police, once again, trying to get monetary gains from the victim who is now in cell after obviously getting it from the polish expats. Typical of NPF!
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by linearity: 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
Bahddo:
It's like you don't know Nigeria is shyte. An average white man (diplomat or not) has more rights than you in your own country. Whoever dies for this country has wasted his life in the worst way possible.

All these people quoting diplomat nonsense, so you are saying if a Nigerian diplomat does this in Poland, they would give him a pat on the back, let him go and arrest the Polish guy?

Yes, Nigerian Diplomats in New York City get away without being held accountable to crimes and infractions that American Citizens cannot even dream of.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Bahddo(m): 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
linearity:

Yes, Nigerian Diplomats in New York City get away without being held accountable to crimes and infractions that American Citizens cannot even dream of.
and an American would get arrested instead?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Zealoy(m): 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
Pls I was there when this accident happened yesterday the Nigeria man is at fault pls let's be realistic here

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by dsocioemmy(m): 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
Just imagine such! We are second class citizen in their country. And also second class citizen in our own country again?? Na waaa
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by linearity: 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
Bahddo:
and an American would get arrested instead?

Yes, and thrown in jail!

Diplomat Immunity is terrible, look at what some Diplomats have done in America and went scott free, if an American had tried one tenth of what each did, they will be in jail...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19591_6-most-ridiculous-abuses-diplomatic-immunity.html

According to this site, Nigerian Diplomats are owing more than $800k in parking tickets in NYC alone:
http://gothamist.com/2016/03/04/diplomatic_immunity_nyc.php

And there is nothing the NY PD can do about it, they usually write them off as loses, but a citizen cannot dare do this, they will impound and tow your vehicle and in NYC, your vehicle will not be released until you paid the ticket and also pay for the impound.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 16, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Lol

The black man is ruined!

His greatest enemy is not out there it seats steadily within him.

mod; all those posters saying diplomatic inmunity should just sharrap. And ask if it were not possible for the whites to lie about their status and most of all, why was the victim turned to the culprit.

I tire o. It's almost like the black man is cursed or something. Always up to no good, and always the most impressionable of the lot. This is really serious.
Friends: Raine80, cao, Estharfabian, MsDelilah, Mskrisx, Joycesims, Evaberry, Jenigurl, RaeMystix, Mimzzy. We need to ask ourselves this question: "Is something fundamentally wrong with the black man?" And let it linger in the depths of our minds. Maybe the answer will help us grow as individuals, and by extension also help in healing our various societies. Honestly, something just has to give. Vices like despotism, gangbanging, terrorism, and corruption should have no place in a modern society - at least they should be frowned at, but Africans/blacks have found a way to embrace them all. E.g...Everyone knows ponzi schemes are wrong. Hearts will be broken, people will be cheated out of their hard-earned money, but Nigerians still defend these schemes, why? Pure greed. I don't even like easy things. Too proud for that. tongue If I wasn't so good-looking and intelligent, I'd believe it when racists call us monkeys...lol...In an average black society, you can't even be ambitious without looking weird. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Bahddo(m): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2017
linearity:

Yes, and thrown in jail!

Diplomat Immunity is terrible, look at what some Diplomats have done in America and went scott free, if an American had tried one tenth of what each did, they will be in jail...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19591_6-most-ridiculous-abuses-diplomatic-immunity.html
so what you are saying is that if a Nigerian diplomat physically abuses an American in NYC, they would let the Nigerian go AND arrest the American?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by linearity: 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
Bahddo:
so what you are saying is that if a Nigerian diplomat physically abuses an American in NYC, they would let the Nigerian go AND arrest the American?

They will let the Nigerian go, and if the Nigerian log a complaint against the American, they must investigate it.

Now, in Nigeria it could happen differently. The Nigerian Police is right in letting the diplomats go, but detaining these guys on account of kidnapping, is another story. Also, remember that we have only heard one side of the story, plus the diplomats were blocked from moving by the Nigerians, which is a method kidnappers uses...I believe eventually he will be release, but true to form, Nigeria Police wants some kickback before releasing them, which is a different issue and common in Nigeria.

But, lets not connect both issues, it blurs the merits of our conversation.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Okeikpu(m): 7:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
When I said that animals are running that con3
Some pple will ms understand me
They said when u go to Zoo behave like Zoos
That's exactly what those Polish pple did,cos I know they will never do ds in their con3
They maybe drunk cos their pple drink heavily
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by oluxy(m): 8:00pm On Jan 16, 2017
why do people still refer to police as police? call them black devil on black cloth.
i wish all police r relocated to borno state.
police is d problem of nigeria. not dia fault, indian police trained them. that is where d problem generated from.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by maasoap(m): 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:

Diplomatic immunity.....

Does your lengthy explanation also explained why the victim was being framed and detained?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Bahddo(m): 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2017
linearity:

They will let the Nigerian go, and if the Nigerian log a complaint against the American, they must investigate it.

Now, in Nigeria it could happen differently. The Nigerian Police is right in letting the diplomats go, but detaining these guys on account of kidnapping, is another story. Also, remember that we have only heard one side of the story, plus the diplomats were blocked from moving by the Nigerians, which is a method kidnappers uses...I believe eventually he will be release, but true to form, Nigeria Police wants some kickback before releasing them, which is a different issue and common in Nigeria.

But, lets not connect both issues, it blurs the merits of our conversation.
the emboldened part proves my point, and yes, both issues are connected.

Inasmuch as diplomatic immunity is respected internationally, I doubt there is any other country in the world that treats her citizens like _shit the way it happens in Nigeria. You should see how foreigners who aren't even diplomats mistreat Nigerians in Nigeria and get away with it. I'm talking from eye-witness experience. We practically worship the white man in this stupid country.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by spenca: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
Diplomatic immunity covers them .
It's inappropriate, lawless and rude of them but the fact is nothing can be done to them n not even the police can arrest them if the president doesn't invoke or rebuke them to their countries.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by UgojiC(m): 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
dominique:
Speechless!
So being a diplomat is a ticket to commit crime and go scot free. Rubbish they cannot try in their country. It's not their faults but that of the incompetent inferiority complex riddled authorities.

This is why I support the legalization of guns in Nigeria
White folks are just annoying and the yeye police never failed to disappoint as always. Smhhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Official Collects N10,000 Bribe From A Man, Forgets His IPhone 7 In His Car / Man Poisoned To Death By His Friends During New Year Celebration In Ibadan. / Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.