Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men (62049 Views)

Uratta Owerri DPO Fighting With A Tricyclist Who Bashed His Car / Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander In Benue At Night & His Car Was Snatched / India Arrests Nigerian With Ingested Cocaine (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by obstead200(m): 11:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
suco01:

they cant b prosecuted even though dey ran d car ova sm1 abi?...
In theory, the answer is yes.
No matter what they do, take a record and report to their embassy and ur ministry of foreign affairs.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by obstead200(m): 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Lol

The black man is ruined!

His greatest enemy is not out there it seats steadily within him.

mod; all those posters saying diplomatic inmunity should just sharrap. And ask if it were not possible for the whites to lie about their status and most of all, why was the victim turned to the culprit.rolleyes

Aunty, which lie are we talking about here?
Can't u read the plate numbers on the vehicle? Those are diplomatic plate numbers na.
Or are u also blind?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by obstead200(m): 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
pesty100:
How are we to know that they are even really diplomats are you guys implying they can't lie
The plate number of the vehicle is enough proof.
The victim would have simply noted the plate number and make an official complaint at the polish embassy. His bashed car and the scratch on the diplomatic car shud be enough to prove his case. He will immediately be compensated. Members of the diplomatic corps don't like to be tied down in such skirmishes. It does not speak well of their country.

We all should try to get knowledge in this country.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by obstead200(m): 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
Abbycite:
The diplomatic immunity argument do not propel the policemen to turn the victim to culprit na
Yes u are right. But the victim is stupid to attempt assaulting a diplomat. Naija police saw an opportunity to make a few bucks off the stupid victim and typical of them, they pounced on it

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by doskie(m): 11:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
Slymonster:
what rubbish is this?even in our own country,we still having inferiority complex like slaves.Smh I swear our police are nuisance.Polish men for that matter,those racists animal.
that's why when they are killed nobody pities them.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by daddyyo(m): 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Lol

The black man is ruined!

His greatest enemy is not out there it seats steadily within him.

mod; all those posters saying diplomatic inmunity should just sharrap. And ask if it were not possible for the whites to lie about their status and most of all, why was the victim turned to the culprit.

Their plate number says it all there are diplomats.....

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Lankyscot(m): 12:02am On Jan 17, 2017
You Never Jam.Had To Give The Police A Bribe Some Days Ago For Nothing.I Was On A Bike In FestacTown When They Flagged Me Down And Demanded For A Bribe.Nigeria Is DEAD!
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by igwedubai2(m): 12:15am On Jan 17, 2017
yes! don't put blame on the police. they have to protect their job.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by AceDomino(m): 12:16am On Jan 17, 2017
The bleeped-up country we're living in.... Nigeria
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by abimic(m): 12:36am On Jan 17, 2017
Just look for ways to get your brother out and your lawyer would advise you better, but as it stands, if the guys are truly diplomat, there's nothing you can do them as this is minute issue to draw government's attention as they've got lots on their neck, u can't charge them to court in the host country and if the crime is so egregious not like bashing a car, then the diplomat could be made a persona non grata and recalled back to their country and tried there. Immunity for diplomats is extra ordinary since the days of Machiavelli. So bro, immunity isn't because they're white, it cuts across color, continents, as long as you're a diplomat be it Benin emissary, you have immunity anywhere in the host country over the world. You need go read how much new york lost over what a diplomat did and even UK, so yours is small bro, get brother our first before he suffers further .
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by odysey: 1:38am On Jan 17, 2017
nextstep:

By who? His police boys? Abi you will help pay mobilization fees so they can buy fuel.

The police (who did not see the cause of the argument), only saw somebody block traffic, reach into a car and seize keys.

If you involve police, you will drop something... Even two people fighting jeje, not causing anybody else any trouble, police will step in and carry both to jail. Why? So they can get their money.

Take them to court then Charge them of obstruction of justice etc Sue for damages and recover all your loss

Through your lawyer petition the IG of police
explore your acquaintances and get the backing of a governor, Senator or ambassador. Write the embassy, human Rights groups local n international, use all forms of social media, when you turn on the heat from all Sides they'll settle fast

Reach road safety and via their plate number find the car they used and trace the people involved Charge to court sue for damages
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by mengho(m): 2:13am On Jan 17, 2017
Am absolutely disappointed by the Nigerian Police Force. useless greedy corrupt fefol in uniform kawai
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by segunotiti(m): 3:23am On Jan 17, 2017
when ignorantly you can't recognise a diplomatic plate number
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by omogidi234(m): 5:26am On Jan 17, 2017
Hello Everyone, I note that everybody is raking seriously over this issue. Actually, I detest some of things the foreigners do and you can take them up legally. However, once any or all are identified as Diplomats, my people END OF DISCUSSION. 9jakohai has made it plain above and I suggest we read his comment very well.

Let me also, provide some provisions of the Law here:

"DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITIES AND PRIVILEGES ACT

An Act to consolidate and amend certain enactments relating to diplomatic immunities and privileges.

[27th December, 1962] [Commencement.]

PART I

Diplomatic immunities and privileges

Immunities of foreign envoys and consular officers

1. Immunities of foreign envoys, etc.

(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, every foreign envoy and every foreign consular officer, the members of the families of those persons, the members of their official or domestic staff, and the members of the families of their official staff, shall be accorded immunity from suit and legal process and inviolability of residence and official archives to the extent to which they were respectively so entitled under the law in force in Nigeria immediately before the coming into operation of this Act.

(2) Any writ or process sued forth or prosecuted before or after the coming into operation of this Act, whereby any foreign envoy or foreign consular officer authorised and received as such by the Government of Nigeria or any member of the official or domestic staff of such foreign envoy or foreign consular officer is liable to arrest or imprisonment, or his or their goods or chattels are liable to distress, seizure or attachment, shall be void.

(3) Nothing in this section shall-

(a) authorise immunity from arrest of any member of the official or domestic staff of a foreign envoy or foreign consular officer unless the name of such person was, before the arrest, recorded with the Minister by the foreign envoy or foreign consular officer; or

(b) confer the benefits of this section on any merchant or other trader within the meaning of any Act relating to bankruptcy or insolvency, who is in the service of a foreign envoy or foreign consular officer.

2. Waiver of immunity of foreign envoys, etc.

A foreign envoy or foreign consular officer, with the consent of his Government, may waive any immunity or inviolability conferred by or under this Act on himself and without the necessity for such consent may waive immunity or inviolability so conferred on a member of his official or domestic staff, or on a member of his family or of the family of a member of his official staff".

So when you come across any Number Plate (most usually in purple sprinkled with green) like 110 CD 02 abeg avoid them to avoid story that touches the heart.

It seems to me from the provisions of the ACT, that a Diplomat can actually kill and goes free and that a host country can only expel such diplomat except his country waives his immunity.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Jammiiee(m): 6:49am On Jan 17, 2017
Don't mind them. As if there was a proof to show they were diplomats angry angry
pesty100:
How are we to know that they are even really diplomats are you guys implying they can't lie
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Jammiiee(m): 6:51am On Jan 17, 2017
Tnk u my brother, dn't mind em
Abbycite:
The diplomatic immunity argument do not propel the policemen to turn the victim to culprit na
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by dongreatty(m): 8:08am On Jan 17, 2017
I'm not surprised cos Nigerian police van do even worse than this. Nigeria we hail thee!!
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by dongreatty(m): 8:08am On Jan 17, 2017
I'm not surprised cos Nigerian police van do even worse than this. Nigeria we hail thee oooo
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by dongreatty(m): 8:10am On Jan 17, 2017
I'm not surprised cos Nigerian police can do even worse than this. Nigeria we hail thee oooo
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by ruffcoin99(m): 10:12am On Jan 17, 2017
Trouble is avoidable, you see where na my right, i get agidi lead your brother to?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Michoolu(m): 10:46am On Jan 17, 2017
I hate policemen in Nigeria to be precise. They are kinda even worse than the devil himself. Would rather hug a snake even kiss a lion that those men in black.

Alas they wear black for a reason.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Michoolu(m): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2017
abeg gerrara here.
We know your type.

I am sure u would call an ant broad cos of favour. mchteeew

ruffcoin99:
Trouble is avoidable, you see where na my right, i get agidi lead your brother to?
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by trueanalyst: 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
I will never bow to any 'white' thing. As a matter of fact,if given the opportunity to be around one, i will never condone their foolish excesses. Will just save my words.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Akious2k2(m): 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
9jakohai:

Let me introduce you to a certain international convention....

Diplomatic immunity.....

Until the Polish Embassy says that they have waived their immunity....they cannot be prosecuted...

Happens all over the world....even in the US.

But y arrest our guys den?

ruffcoin99:
Abeg, wetin d guy 4 do? Thank him 4 bashing his car? O ga o
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by suco01(m): 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
obstead200:

In theory, the answer is yes.
No matter what they do, take a record and report to their embassy and ur ministry of foreign affairs.

They shd come and try dat @ Oshodi. na there dem go knw say we sabi break law.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by MrMoRitz: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
Technically sha...i dont think u can do anything about it since they were "Diplomats" in a diplomatic car with a Diplomatic corps plate number

Infact your brother is in the wrong of attacking and assaulting them even after the first altercation when they bashed your car

the embassy building and any car with a diplomatic corps number is considered highly sacred and is granted immunity all over the world

for example...a nigerian diplomat in the US or Canada can do same and nothing will happen

the solution now is you try beg the police with whatever means so your brother gets out first and then you can get a good lawyer and sue them if u say u really have evidence

but is it worth it?wouldnt you be drenched out after all of this?

Self tolerance in every situation is key to solving cases like this when they come out...think fast and smartly...

you should have just taken their plate number and follow it up legally instead of chasing after them...

my sincere opinion
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Solmax(m): 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
From the Number plate on their cars in your pictures they are diplomats and technically they could even shoot you and get away with it.
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by whywhyogun: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
one-sided story!

black race are keen to be self-victimized

if any case with which white people are involved, the white people are always the scapegoats, they are stereotyped to be arrogant to black race, which is not true
Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by Dashdost: 10:37am On Apr 13, 2021
Hi

Trust you're doing great today, we are running an ad for Synology
promo, please like and drop a comment, it will help our algorithm, you can also mention your friends in the comments.

Thanks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkGUkZleF0/?igshid=5nwurekl8ann

���
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6787655385881878528

Re: Police Arrests Nigerian Man After His Car Was Bashed By White Men by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:43am On Apr 16, 2021

Let me introduce you to a certain international convention....

Diplomatic immunity.....

Until the Polish Embassy says that they have waived their immunity....they cannot be prosecuted...

Happens all over the world....even in the US.

At least we have a good teacher !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Official Collects N10,000 Bribe From A Man, Forgets His IPhone 7 In His Car / Man Poisoned To Death By His Friends During New Year Celebration In Ibadan. / Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.