Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,278 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW (36178 Views)

TCN Begins Nationwide Load-shedding As Power Generation Drops By 1087MW / Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by idupaul: 9:34am On Jan 20, 2017
obailala:
You tried to right thw wrong in 2015 by voting GEJ right?

I voted Buhari so don't say what you don't know..I am not at all partisan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by obailala(m): 9:35am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

This is beautiful. Those elements that enjoys hunger and power shortage so as to spite Buhari and massage their demonic wish of Buhari's failure can come in here now and wail to the high heavens! you are happy when a bomb goes off on a pipe or gas line, yet you want power and a booming economy. Una never see anything, bypass metres, blow pipelines, then come here and wail grin.
The Escobars!
These folks actually enjoy news like this, notwithstanding that they have to suffer the blackout too. Anything to lend them a voice to say 'PMB is failing' is a welcome develolment to most folks. Really weird how degenerative some human minds can be.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by koladebrainiac(m): 9:36am On Jan 20, 2017
But how come brown streey in Oshodi have light
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by obailala(m): 9:40am On Jan 20, 2017
idupaul:

I voted Buhari so don't say what you don't know..I am not at all partisan
Okay apologies... I assumed you were one of the many folks who keep suggesting that re-electing the last failure should have been the solution to power problems even though it was clear they couldnt achieve anything after so much spent in 5 years.

Oh yes, in 2019 another attempt would be made to correct the problem. Hopefully there would be good candidates unlike the the last time.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by PEPPERified: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2017
Fbb
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by AntiWailer: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2017
obailala:

Lol
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nick4life: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2017
cool cheesy

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by 111jideofor: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2017
The zoon,noting good will come out of country
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Royalfurnitures: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2017
That's the change APC has brought to us,. From light to darkness

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by announcement: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2017
Is this a joke or something? Zero MW?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by FuckTheMod: 9:51am On Jan 20, 2017
Airforce1:
Its unfortunate that after all the trillions spent on electricity, no positive results.

for 4 days now ive been running generator yet this NEPA people expects me to pay bill for this month.

Buhari is currently enjoying 24hrs power supply in London while his country is in total darkness.

Come 2019, I will right my wrong.

Una never see anything grin
Keep blowing up pipelines, na Una go suffer am. Bubu is enjoying 24 hours power supply in London atm.
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by luvinhubby(m): 9:51am On Jan 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
No light and When Generator is used to pump water, my neighbor ends up using the water to wash his car that he doesn't drive to anywhere. Please how do I stop him from using the water lipsrsealed undecided

Simple, cause the car to vanish. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2017
Buhari is the worst president Nigeria has ever had

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by FuckTheMod: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

This is beautiful. Those elements that enjoys hunger and power shortage so as to spite Buhari and massage their demonic wish of Buhari's failure can come in here now and wail to the high heavens! you are happy when a bomb goes off on a pipe or gas line, yet you want power and a booming economy. Una never see anything, bypass metres, blow pipelines, then come here and wail grin.
The Escobars!
Dem never see anything grin
Who go suffer am?

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by femi4: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
No light and When Generator is used to pump water, my neighbor ends up using the water to wash his car that he doesn't drive to anywhere. Please how do I stop him from using the water lipsrsealed undecided
Get a separate tank....that way you can control what you use

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Onopa(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2017
NIGERIA IS A STUPID COUNTRY

2 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Okeikpu(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2017
grin grin
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by percyshelu(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2017
here in Katsina, since Monday till now, we no see light pass 25mins per day and it's even low current.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by luvinhubby(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2017
FuckTheMod:

Una never see anything
Keep blowing up pipelines, na Una go suffer am. Bubu us enjoying 24 hours power supply in London atm.

Omenka how market?

Na pipelines you dey blame now abi, hang on, soon you will start blaming herdsmen.

5 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by FuckTheMod: 9:53am On Jan 20, 2017
luvinhubby:
Incompetent leadership of lying hypocrites.

Nigeria has been rolled back 180 degrees by their change.
Royalfurnitures:
That's the change APC has brought to us,. From light to darkness

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
ovadozes:

Blah bla bla, if he is competent as you people claim let him catch the saboteurs, those bombing the pipelines, just as GEJ had no excuse, PMB has no excuse, he has failed woefully so just give it up already.
cyberguy72:
Hahahaha i can see that u re really pained that ur Lord and Emperor DULLARDIHNO BUHARI has failed woefully.Yes we are rejoicing that he has failed.The incompetent Baboon is in London Enjoying himself while the masses are suffering.May he never return from that his Journey and may the spirit of those killed in Southern Kaduna torment him and his generation unborn.
Una never see anything grin
Keep blowing up pipelines, na Una go suffer am. Bubu us enjoying 24 hours power supply in London atm.
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Originality007: 9:54am On Jan 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Suddenly you people found an excuse for failures in the power sector.

See your thread on 24hr power supply 12days ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/3557839/24-hours-uninterrupted-power-supply tongue

grin grin grin
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by iamboody(m): 9:55am On Jan 20, 2017
Baba 6pm yesterday there was light in my house and they never took it till now. I knew cos my madam was watching zee world by that time while I was playing game. The blackout is not total anyway, maybe it occurred in some areas.
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Themandator: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2017
osahonmk:
A full system collapse occurred yesterday evening at 6.00 pm when the country power generation recorded zero MW power supply which resulted in total blackout, with average power generation crashing to 1, 618 megawatts hour (MWH), down from 2, 904 MWh generated just before the system collapsed dropping generation to zero megawatts.

This has been one of the worse performing week for the power sector as multiple system collapse were recorded this week, information obtained by Energywatchng from System Operators a branch of Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN) shows that generation level collapse to 10MW on the Sunday, 15th January. Moreover, another system collapse occurred on Monday, 16th were generation dropped to 108MW, same system collapse occurred on Wednesday when generation dropped to 42MW. However, the daily operational report from the Nigeria Electricity System Operator, an arm of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), showed that nine electricity generation companies, GENCOs, sent out zero electricity to the grid.

The nine GENCOs are Gbarain, Rivers Independent Power Project, IPP, Trans Amadi, ASCO, and A.E.S. Others are Olorunsogo IPP, Ibom, Gerugu NIPP and Afam IV- V. In 2016, a similar incidence of total systems collapse happened 16 times.

“The huge debts owed for gas, and recent attacks of gas facilities are limiting supply to the power plants. For instance, an oil/gas pipeline facility blew up this week in Ughelli, Delta State and it connects critical Generation Companies (GenCos) like Ughelli, Sapele, Benin GenCos,” the official said.

http://www.energywatchng.com/total-blackout-power-generation-falls-0-mw/

I had light for the first time in four days just only yesterday and it stayed until I went to bed past midnight because I was watching Trumps inaugural ball and wreath laying ceremony at Arlington

Hope it crashes when I am back again in the evening
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by CXLVII: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2017
Avengers need to blow-up more gas pipelines so we can generate past 0MW

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by proeast(m): 9:56am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

The Escobars!
THIS IS TRASH MEANT FOR THE WASTE BIN! CONTINUE ASSLICKING A DUNce while the economy keeps sinking down the abyss. What a shame!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Boleyndynasty2(f): 9:56am On Jan 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Simple, cause the car to vanish. cheesy

You're a Badt man
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by FuckTheMod: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Omenka how market?

Na pipelines you dey blame now abi, hang on, soon you will start blaming herdsmen.
Changi is here
Una suffering just started.
All your rants won't remove a hair from Buhari's body, he won't he even notice your existence grin
Continue blowing up pipelines grin
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2017
I never saw the light then not seeing it now
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by ephi123(f): 9:56am On Jan 20, 2017
obailala:

This obsession with GEJ never ends. Face the topic, Buhari is the one calling the shots now, not GEJ, let the man rest rather than calling his name all over the place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by leobrownish(m): 9:57am On Jan 20, 2017
wat is my business, I have not kuku seen light for the past 8years in my area(mowe)... Total blackout, Total whiteout, am sure e no concern all d residents staying all d way from arepo to mowe.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by motocamara: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2017
The country shouldturn to coal, and if possible, more hydro power.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by luvinhubby(m): 9:58am On Jan 20, 2017
obailala:
Okay apologies... I assumed you were one of the many folks who keep suggesting that re-electing the last failure should have been the solution to power problems even though it was clear they couldnt achieve anything after so much spent in 5 years.

Oh yes, in 2019 another attempt would be made to correct the problem. Hopefully there would be good candidates unlike the the last time.

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

Finally you agree that Buhari is a huge problematic error.

The anti Z.... serum is working, welcome to reality.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / Live: APC Presidential Rally Katsina State! / Flood Displaces Residents In Owerri After 12-Hour Rain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.