Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW (36191 Views)

TCN Begins Nationwide Load-shedding As Power Generation Drops By 1087MW / Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Awoo88: 9:58am On Jan 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
No light and When Generator is used to pump water, my neighbor ends up using the water to wash his car that he doesn't drive to anywhere. Please how do I stop him from using the water lipsrsealed undecided
Next time allow him to pump the water with his gen
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by ephi123(f): 9:58am On Jan 20, 2017
FuckTheMod:

Una never see anything
Keep blowing up pipelines, na Una go suffer am. Bubu us enjoying 24 hours power supply in London atm.

And this is something to be proud of?
Omg, this show of shame by Nigerians who should be tasking their leaders to deliver is terrible.
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by kelly72: 9:58am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

This is beautiful. Those elements that enjoys hunger and power shortage so as to spite Buhari and massage their demonic wish of Buhari's failure can come in here now and wail to the high heavens! you are happy when a bomb goes off on a pipe or gas line, yet you want power and a booming economy. Una never see anything, bypass metres, blow pipelines, then come here and wail grin.
The Escobars!

You need to shamefully accept the obvious fact that Your Buhari is a huge waste of votes and time. System collapse has happened twice under his clueless watch. If this and the callous bombing of helpless IDPs happened only 2 yrs ago. Lai Mohammed will be evrywhere talking nonsense as if he could do any better. We have seen their best.

4 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 20, 2017
MAVRODIAL SYSTEM OF POWER GENERATION

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:59am On Jan 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Suddenly you people found an excuse for failures in the power sector.

See your thread on 24hr power supply 12days ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/3557839/24-hours-uninterrupted-power-supply tongue
notice that that cunning liar has tactically avoided your post? he's lying arse has been busted open..

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by tete7000(m): 10:00am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

This is beautiful. Those elements that enjoys hunger and power shortage so as to spite Buhari and massage their demonic wish of Buhari's failure can come in here now and wail to the high heavens! you are happy when a bomb goes off on a pipe or gas line, yet you want power and a booming economy. Una never see anything, bypass metres, blow pipelines, then come here and wail grin.
The Escobars!

You don't talk about those now in power who castigated past regime everytime an excuse of this type was made. They promised end to vandalism while brandishing past regimes as lame and incompetent. They made us believe all the vandalism and power outages will end once they come in. What has happened to their competence and pledges? What happened to Fashola that claimed power generation is not rocket science? We have not had the type and number of system failures we have under this administration from any other administration in the past. They seem to be setting incredible records. No excuse they give seem tenable to anyone; when those in power yesteryears made the same excuse, they told them to shut up.

4 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by WaffenSS(m): 10:00am On Jan 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
No light and When Generator is used to pump water, my neighbor ends up using the water to wash his car that he doesn't drive to anywhere. Please how do I stop him from using the water lipsrsealed undecided

Kill him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Boleyndynasty2(f): 10:00am On Jan 20, 2017
Omudia11:
Your neighbor uses a whole tank of water to wash his car?
my dear you really need to see where this man is washing car oooh, 2 buckets just for tires ooh cry and this car we're talking about isn't range or G-wagon ooh cry
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by kidakuz: 10:01am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

The Escobars!
no wander ders no light tru out this last week
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Omudia11: 10:02am On Jan 20, 2017
hahahahah
Boleyndynasty2:
my dear you really need to see where this man is washing car oooh, 2 buckets just for tires ooh cry and this car we're talking about isn't range or G-wagon ooh cry

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by francisbarrack(m): 10:02am On Jan 20, 2017
Airforce1:
Its unfortunate that after all the trillions spent on electricity, no positive results.

for 4 days now ive been running generator yet this NEPA people expects me to pay bill for this month.

Buhari is currently enjoying 24hrs power supply in London while his country is in total darkness.

Come 2019, I will right my wrong.

Naso bro. P d p should b united
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by kuntash: 10:02am On Jan 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Suddenly you people found an excuse for failures in the power sector.

See your thread on 24hr power supply 12days ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/3557839/24-hours-uninterrupted-power-supply tongue

spot on him... I hope people learn not to keep talking from many sides of the mouth ... celebration of mediocrity should stop by now I suppose ..

also the earlier people realize that Nigeria is not Just Ikorodu straight to Epe or Badagry the better for us all ..

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by FuckTheMod: 10:02am On Jan 20, 2017
ephi123:

And this is something to be proud of?
Omg, this show of shame by Nigerians who should be tasking their leaders to deliver is terrible.
Of course, I'm so proud of how bubu is handling this country. Shebi Una stubborn? I work and live in the states house and we enjoy 23.9hours of power EVERYDAY.

KEEP encouraging your brothers to blow up pipelines grin
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by mayorchelsea(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2017
Eazybay:

6pm yesterday bro.. There was total system shutdown. Can u read
There was total collapse of the system around 6pm yesterday and the system bounced back this morning around 1am to give us light?Mr know all,can you think?
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 10:04am On Jan 20, 2017
Airforce1:
Its unfortunate that after all the trillions spent on electricity, no positive results.

for 4 days now ive been running generator yet this NEPA people expects me to pay bill for this month.

Buhari is currently enjoying 24hrs power supply in London while his country is in total darkness.

And who's the right person huh?

Atiku?

The problem is that even after Buhari leaves office,the position is still going to be occupied by a vision-less individual...I weep for Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by naijavital(m): 10:05am On Jan 20, 2017
At affordable price, you will get a standard ecommerce website with beautiful attractive layout and designs.

You will also get SSL integrated to encrypt user data for secure processing.

The site will be search engine design And Develop Your website At Affordable Cost with Us - vital designs and very mobile friendly.

Unlimited number of products can be added to the store.

Payment methods will also be integrated for the checkout.

To get one, contact ,

Mobile: 08163206244

Whatsapp: 08163206244

BBM: 7ABDF5C5

Am an expert website developer skilled in web languages such as:
HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, PHP, MYSQL, JAVASCRIPT/JQUERY, JQUERYMOBILE, BOOTSRAP AND AJAX.

Also an expert in using content management systems (CMS) such as : WORDPRESS , JOOMLA, DRUPAL, PULSE CMS, BLOGGER and WHMCS.

And Ecommerce platforms such as : OPENCART, WOOCOMMERCE, MAGENTO and SHOPIFY.
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 20, 2017
cyberguy72:
Yes a bloody coup that would send BUBU to the world beyond

Small time DSS will show up on your doorstep and have you arrested and you'll be shouting victimization abi?

My hand no dey o.

You can hate him all you like, he's president for as long as God wills.
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by yedidiah(m): 10:06am On Jan 20, 2017
This is why Robert Mugabe said only Nigerians will miss the Rapture because the sound of generators will overshadow that of the trumpet when it sounds.

3 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Arthurhills: 10:06am On Jan 20, 2017
Seriously this light of a thing is a big problem av lost hope in this country long time ago
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Boleyndynasty2(f): 10:07am On Jan 20, 2017
Awoo88:

Next time allow him to pump the water with his gen
Erh? Oga he won't. And I can't stop pumping water because of him,I need the water. A house without water it's somehow
WaffenSS:

Kill him
You're very wicked ooh lol

pavy:

Don't take this personally, I think you are the most stupid person alive. When will you learn to analyse issues based on facts and figures rather than making it about one man, Buhari or GEJ or PDP or APC? This is why we are where we are today as a nation, cos of folks like you.
You my friend, you're evil Lols grin. Most times i can't stand the nigga, so whenever I see his name I skip his post cause he sounds like a mentally disabled man.
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 20, 2017
Airforce1:

Not everywhere please. I usually have electricity daily but it's not a 24-hour thing.
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Omooniya1: 10:09am On Jan 20, 2017
blackout meet blackout already so no story...
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by darlingtonIIV(m): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

The Escobars!
So if there's no Niger delta Nigeria won't survive, all those years they've been bombing pipelines in Niger delta it's now we're suffering the consequences abi? See your life, excuses and lies everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Eazybay(m): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2017
mayorchelsea:
There was total collapse of the system around 6pm yesterday and the system bounced back this morning around 1am to give us light?Mr know all,can you think?

How good is ur physics? Energy is neither created nor destroyed... Pls buzz off
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by profudus(m): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2017
osahonmk:
A full system collapse occurred yesterday evening at 6.00 pm when the country power generation recorded zero MW power supply which resulted in total blackout, with average power generation crashing to 1, 618 megawatts hour (MWH), down from 2, 904 MWh generated just before the system collapsed dropping generation to zero megawatts.

This has been one of the worse performing week for the power sector as multiple system collapse were recorded this week, information obtained by Energywatchng from System Operators a branch of Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN) shows that generation level collapse to 10MW on the Sunday, 15th January. Moreover, another system collapse occurred on Monday, 16th were generation dropped to 108MW, same system collapse occurred on Wednesday when generation dropped to 42MW. However, the daily operational report from the Nigeria Electricity System Operator, an arm of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), showed that nine electricity generation companies, GENCOs, sent out zero electricity to the grid.

The nine GENCOs are Gbarain, Rivers Independent Power Project, IPP, Trans Amadi, ASCO, and A.E.S. Others are Olorunsogo IPP, Ibom, Gerugu NIPP and Afam IV- V. In 2016, a similar incidence of total systems collapse happened 16 times.

“The huge debts owed for gas, and recent attacks of gas facilities are limiting supply to the power plants. For instance, an oil/gas pipeline facility blew up this week in Ughelli, Delta State and it connects critical Generation Companies (GenCos) like Ughelli, Sapele, Benin GenCos,” the official said.

http://www.energywatchng.com/total-blackout-power-generation-falls-0-mw/ what do you expect when round pegs are in square holes?

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Themandator: 10:09am On Jan 20, 2017
obailala:
Okay apologies... I assumed you were one of the many folks who keep suggesting that re-electing the last failure should have been the solution to power problems even though it was clear they couldnt achieve anything after so much spent in 5 years.

Oh yes, in 2019 another attempt would be made to correct the problem. Hopefully there would be good candidates unlike the the last time.

How your type elected an old man like Buhari to govern in a challenging times as we have still beats ones imagination.....someone not known to have ran a successful business beyond his immediate locality. Loook at America and how they elected a business executive with first hand knowledge of the global business power play.

If we want out, it must be somebody in Atiku's shoe. ...not a text book professor but a politician with business interests beyond the North for sake of national unity

3 Likes

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by osazsky(m): 10:10am On Jan 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

Omenka how market?

Na pipelines you dey blame now abi, hang on, soon you will start blaming herdsmen.
Herdsmen adds no economic development to our country dem b waste of sperms dats y dey can't blame dem. And moreover their brother na im b president.

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Funjosh(m): 10:10am On Jan 20, 2017
Its a shame, a very BIG shame sad

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Themandator: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2017
progress69:

my friend will you go and blow more gas lines and stop complaining?

It is not only gas that is used to generate power in Nigeria .....there is coal powered plant and kainji dam is water driven not gas and the report say they all failed

1 Like

Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by ALAYORMII: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2017
We still dey enjoy light for here ooo
Re: Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2017
Hmmm, little wonder there has been power outage for a long stretch of time here in kebbi..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fani Kayode Reacts To Peter Obi Performance, Blast The Remaining Candidate / Profile Of Abiodun Sylvester Alabi, The New Lagos Police Commissioner (Photos) / Tinubu Lands In Niger State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.