Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51896 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Positivepoint(m): 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
epapa:

You made an allegation. It is on you to supply proof. That is an elementary aspect of debate. We have a memo in the case at hand and nothing with regards to your allegation. So point to a law or memo that stops or restricts islamic worship in the south east

We 've physical evidence too all over.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Montaque(m): 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
BlueWizAngel:

You meant 'shall not'

But am yet to see this news on Vanguard or any reputable news site, this could be another propaganda

Thank u. I will modify.
I have lived in the North, and this is a fair tendency for institutions there. Why wait for vanguard, the said university ought to debunk it first, if its being lied against.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by sekundosekundo: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
laffwitmi:
nd Igbo are wise by running away from Delta...

CONSOLATION
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Junior66(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Positivepoint:

Just name one chief iman that u know in the east or any promenent mosque or Islamic school. Also pls state any university in the southeast that have Muslim student association?

The Deputy Secretary-General of the
Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic
Affairs, NSCIA, Adam Idoko, has been
kidnapped.
Idoko is also the Chief Imam of the
University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Yes we have Christian dominanted as well as Muslim dominanted States in Nigeria. However, saying a state is a Christian state or Muslim state is nonsense, because Nigeria is a secular state. When you say, Christian state or Muslim state, you are dividing the country along religious line which shouldn't be.

Schools don't always build religious worship centers for its students, either private interest come in to do it or the students organize association to build it. Of course if there are private interest that want such worship centers in the school, or the students association decided to do it, they will be given the opportunity to do, in as much as they are ready to follow the school guidelines, and have enough capital to purchase landed property.

The more reason why we don't have much mosques in the institutions you listed above is not far fetched. Evidently it's because most students are non Muslims and private Muslim organization are not much in the region, and not because of what you wanted us to think. Those schools are not preventing anybody to build mosque in the school premises.

Concerning building of mosque. Some universities deny permission for the building of Mosques. They are Many Muslims who are capable and over ready to build mosques in those universities. Get that.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Raphael81(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
melejo:
Your problem is not difficult to decode, you lack basic approach to understanding

Lol u hit the nail on the head bro
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Livefreeordieha(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
sharrappppp ur mouth..diz ya comments shows u ARE SHALLOW MINDED..a product of a leaking condom...how da hell did we get to produce diz crap of crops of nitwits as youths for the sake of pete?how can u compare covenant with a federal uninow listen carefully buffoon or if u prefer the adjective DAFT..covenant is a xtian entity..the latter is a fed.uni built with the common wealth of all Nigerians therefore the beliefs of all Nigerians is welcomed..while covenant has the sole role/authourity to be selective...if my xplanation is not elaborate enough ..pls call me your parents i might need to see them.
Khd95:
Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by bigiyaro(m): 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
big fool, this is a government school and covenant, redeemers etc are private schools built with Christian church money.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Positivepoint(m): 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
epapa:

Please mention or point us to such laws

I don't need to state the law coz its clear that is why it extremely difficult or rather impossible for a Muslim Northerner to own a land in the southeast.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
shamsal:
The authorities of the Umaru Yar’Ádua University, Katsina, have denied discriminating against Christian students in the approval granted a students religious association to operate on its campus.
The Acting Dean of Student Affairs of the University, Sulaiman Kankara, had in January 17 memo informed students of a new guideline for the registration of clubs and associations in the institution.
In the circular, Dr. Kankara indicated that participation in clubs and associations, including departmental ones, were strictly optional and that no student should be compelled to pay dues.
He also outlawed the formation of tribal and local government associations in the university.
But the controversial part of the memo which made the document to go viral was the dean’s pronouncement that the “Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) is the only religious association allowed to operate on campus.”
After the memo was shared on social media, the university came under ferocious attacks from many Nigerians, with some commentators saying the guideline was part of government’s plot to Islamise Nigeria.
But when contacted on Sunday morning, Dr. Kankara said that aspect of the guideline was actually targeted at Islamic groups which were beginning to mushroom on campus, creating division among students of the same faith.
The dean said, “Actually there is one misconception in the memo. But the fact of the matter is that in Umaru Yar’Ádua University, there is no association known as Christian Students Association.

“There is one religious association and subsidiary Islamic students associations like the Tijjanniya Students Movement in Nigeria, Academic Forum of Islamic Movement in Nigeria and many associations like that.
“They are Islamic students association. So what we want is to have a single union which will be the mouthpiece of muslim students and that is the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria.
“It has nothing to do with any Christian group because up till now, I have not received any application requesting registration of Christian Students Society.
“And once they do that, we are ready to register them. Even as at last week, we said the two religious group to be recognised by the university will be the Muslim one and one from Christian side.
“Up till now we are to receive any application for the registration of any Christian association in the university from any group."

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/221208-katsina-university-says-memo-religious-groups-campus-targeted-muslims-not-christians.html

Does this make sense? Yes
Is he stupid for writing down d law in dat way? Yes
Do I sense systematic stripping of other religious activities? Yes, until proven otherwise.
Becus this means that "no other religious association can come into the school" it should have been written to target the Ismalic religion alone, how hard can that be.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Raphael81(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
Shafiiimran99:

What about ur colonial masters did they not deny Muslims their right in the name of Christianity

I really doubt ur ability to comprehend things sir, u speak like a stark illiterate no offence

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Cutie09(m): 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Oh God help Nigeria answer the Christian cries. Father the country need and want your change ASAP! Kill those Juda

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
What are the non Muslims doing in their mosque called university, they should leave their mosque for them Jo and find a good university to study. Nonsense raised to power 10

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by southpole: 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Positivepoint:

Do u know the percentage of Christians in north west where katsina is Less than 1 percentage. Who told u east has no Muslim population it is just that the govt and people frustrated them and refuse to allow them worship freely. They don't even sell land to them to even build houses not to talk of mosques or schools. Let be fair & truthful in discussions
May be they don't sell land to muslims because of fear of islamic terrorism.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by firstking01(m): 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
Those are privately church/pastors owned universities, get sense smallundecided
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Junior66(m): 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
Equiano:

UNN have a gigantic mosque in it with a very active student association from undergraduate to phd level.

The Deputy Secretary-General of the
Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic
Affairs, NSCIA, Adam Idoko, has been
kidnapped.
Idoko is also the Chief Imam of the
University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by justice2100: 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Positivepoint(m): 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
southpole:

May be they don't sell land to them because of fear of islamic terrorim

Then the north harbour same fear, thus 've similar laws.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by JerryBlazeAdekwu(m): 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
Are you well? Those universities are private not government. Open ur eyes brosis
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by AdroitTee(m): 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
sekundosekundo:
I only pity those that are insulting Igbos, there's nothing like one Nigeria.
like there's a society that combines all Christians. U just like making fuss out of nothing.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by ArabMopol(m): 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
Buhari
supports violence because the
end goal of the terrorist attacks
throughout Nigeria and Africa is
an Islamic state “I will continue to show openly
and inside me the total
commitment to the Sharia
movement that is sweeping all
over Nigeria,” Buhari said. “God
willing, we will not stop the
agitation for the total
implementation of the Sharia in
the country.” Why is Sharia bill done in the dark
and shrouded in secrecy? What's
so special about Sharia that the
sponsors are determined to carve
a special place for it in the
Constitution of a secular nation?
Why are they not contented with
the geographical space of Sharia
in the north? What business do
the rest of the country have with
Sharia when our jurisprudence is
not based on Sharia law? Yoruba's are the only people in Nigeria that was unable to see beyond their nose... the game is over... they should put their house indoor, if they are afraid of Fulani's attacking their homeland , I suggest they should merge with their cousins from Togo
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
Montaque:

I hope you understood my explanation on the illegality of the state university banning all religious organisation except islam?
If you do, let me know so we can enter into another domain, ie. Of sharia laws in the Northern state.

I hope you understood the Principle behind the operation of Shari'a in Some States. That is the basis for Implementing THEIR laws in THEIR University. If THE PEOPLE of Katsina State Cannot rise up against this Law, why drink Panadol for another person headache?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by King44(m): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
is covenant a federal school and wasn't it built by a church so y should there b a mosque in the school, don't b be dumb bro, to be frank every state and federal school ,I mean skul built by day federal and state have the right to have a church and a mosque equally cos both Christians and Muslim were taxed use ur brain don't be religious bias
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Palado(m): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
Nigerian Christians should be sensitive to islamic agenda in this country. Its time to cry unto GOD to destroy evil elements of islamic agenda in this nation.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by epapa(m): 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Positivepoint:

I don't need to state the law coz its clear that is why it extremely difficult or rather impossible for a Muslim Northerner to own a land in the southeast.
I think it is very obvious there is no law else you would have stated it by now. Since there is no law it would be deliberate misinformation to keep saying there is such a law
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Zi:

Check for yourself and see.
This is a mockery to christianity. While atheists (like seun) and Muslims have the free pass to attack Christians/Christianity on their forum, access to Muslim forum is restricted to only those who swore allegiance to Allah(not God). This is religious persecution.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
sekundosekundo:
I only pity those that are insulting Igbos, there's nothing like one Nigeria.
I totally agree with you. These northerners would have broken out of Nigeria had it been the crude oil is in their territories.

We should go our separate ways,we are not one in any way you want to look at it.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
kin8744:
This is a mockery to christianity. While atheists (like seun) and Muslims have the free pass to attack Christians/Christianity on their forum, access to Muslim forum is restricted to only those who swore allegiance to Allah(not God). This is religious persecution.
don't mind Seun. I know he did that because of his life and businesses, he knows what those people can do
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by King44(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
BY NOW THERE SHOULD BE A HUGE PROTEST IN THAT SCHOOL IF THE STUDENTS THERE ARE NOT COWARDS
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Positivepoint(m): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
epapa:

I think it is very obvious there is no law else you would have stated it by now. Since there is no law it would be deliberate misinformation to keep saying there is such a law

Not misinformation u can do a research and see.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
na was for you o bros. Are those universities public universities built by the government with tax payers money?I no blame you,na uthman Dan fodio university you go,so you know next to nothing. You came here to display your ignorance on a public forum. Shame on you.

Fabfunmi is my food ready?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by ArabMopol(m): 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
coward convenient and redeem are private own University , u can't tell them on how to run it.... ewu

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.