Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51934 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
King44:
BY NOW THERE SHOULD BE A HUGE PROTEST IN THAT SCHOOL IF THE STUDENTS THERE ARE NOT COWARDS
and be killed for nothing by those animals?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by attor: 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
like redeemer like umar MUSA Uni.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by epapa(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
Positivepoint:

Not misinformation u can do a research and see.
THERE IS NO SUCH LAW. Quote one if there. Enough of all this. Right here we have a memo restricting freedom. It is well known there are many mosques in enugu where i grew up. Infact there is a community there that is virtually all northerners and muslims. Same in the UNN. So if you continue peddling your misinformation you'll be conciously and deliberately lying
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
sharrappppp ur mouth..diz ya comments shows u ARE SHALLOW MINDED..a product of a leaking condom...how da hell did we get to produce diz crap of crops of nitwits as youths for the sake of pete?how can u compare covenant with a federal uninow listen carefully buffoon or if u prefer the adjective DAFT..covenant is a xtian entity..the latter is a fed.uni built with the common wealth of all Nigerians therefore the beliefs of all Nigerians is welcomed..while covenant has the sole role/authourity to be selective...if my xplanation is not elaborate enough ..pls call me your parents i might need to see them.
shocked shocked see uppercut, see blood, see goro teeth for ground. Bros you wicked o grin grin abeg chop knuckle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by DonCortino: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
dantori:

So is Katsina a Christian state?
How many mosques do you have in ABSU, IMSU, DESPOTECH ETC pls be sensible when showing sentiments please

Travel around and see that every state uni or fed uni have place of worship for muslims.
No one is harassing them there.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Roon9:
Gosh! I hate radical Muslims! They are worse than the devil
I will rather embrace and dine with them than to have anything doing with those people. With the devil you know what to expect and where you belong
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by King44(m): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
and be killed for nothing by those animals?
you have a point but something should be done before it extends to other federal and state schools
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
grin grin myself dey look for sarrki the patriotic Nigerian grin grin .
You will not see them on this thread mtcheeeeeew
godoluwa:
Over to you Mydn44, lets know your views!

Tonyebarcanista, we are waiting for your views because it takes you nothing to write long epistle concerning Oyedepo's matter!
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by castrokins(m): 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
Look Mr. I Usually Don't Dignify People Like Yourself With Responses. I Make My Point And Move On As I Have Little Time For Arguments.

Is There Any Justifiable Reason To Ban All Other Religious Fellowship But Islamic Fellowship? Is That University Funded By Saudi Arabia? Even If It Were Funded By An Islamic Country, I The University In Nigeria?

Does The Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria Guarantee Freedom Of Fellowahip For All Nigerians Within The Confines Of Nigeria?

Stop Quoting Me And Face Your Life, Alright?

ismail09:

Why u ppl are negatively so sensitive about Islam like that. Everything is about Islamizing & Islamizing.

If d info is truth then u need to ask WHY before ur comment, because if u look at d info well u will see other organisations banned as well, afterall there are Christians among the staff. So talk to ur senses.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Montaque(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

I hope you understood the Principle behind the operation of Shari'a in Some States. That is the basis for Implementing THEIR laws in THEIR University. If THE PEOPLE of Katsina State Cannot rise up against this Law, why drink Panadol for another person headache?

Sharia law was never to be of general application in the states it was adopted. When some northern states adopted it, it was an elective provision both in its criminal and civil aspects for practicing muslims, however, we saw that even non-muslims were forced to abide by it, because the law in itself is vitriolic (if u compel ur neighbours to abide by it, you are a true adherent of sharia law).

In the good days, in the sharia courts, the khadi's will ask the parties whether they elect to have their case tried under the sharia law, but after sometime, they just bundle people, whether christian and muslims, and try them without giving them the option. They even attack people on the way, whether christian or muslim. That is bad (but its a good attitude under the sharia law). That was OBJ's mistake, he thought it will be like the customary laws issue in the south which is more personal. He didn't know he was arming militants and the BH.

Now, we are talking about an institution, set up to operate for adherent of all religion. Even if the institution wants to apply sharia law in the institution, it can only apply to Muslims who elect to be bound by it. Section 10 of the constitution outlaws the state, federal or its institutions from adopting a religion, proscribing or banning a particular religion to the uplifting of another favoured religion.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
These people have used their religion to destroy this country and the world.I blame father Abraham for all this nonsense. Na him preek wey no hear word cause all this.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by DonCortino: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
Positivepoint:

The university is state own. Pls prove me wrong could u post a picture of a mosque in any university in the southeast. Or an Islamic schools in the southeast east. I rest my case

Any nairalander in UNN or Uniport or esut shld pls post a pic of where the muslim students worship.

I dont blame you only if u expose urself n tour around u will be free from this type of ignorance.

I attended OAU and land was allocated to catholics, protestants, muslims and traditional religion. Its only the trad religion dat didn't develop their plot, all other did. So if u think there is no place for worship for muslims in SS/SE government tertiary schools, go and re-orientate yourself.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
ismail09:

Why u ppl are negatively so sensitive about Islam like that. Everything is about Islamizing & Islamizing.

If d info is truth then u need to ask WHY before ur comment, because if u look at d info well u will see other organisations banned as well, afterall there are Christians among the staff. So talk to ur senses.
for your mind you don talk abi?even my 7 year old cousin will make sense on this issue than you
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by nellyelitz(m): 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
my simple question is, is the school islamic missionary school?

at least with the knowledge of this i'll know what to comment.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by DonCortino: 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
whizbet12:

Wot z dis one sayingSmh....State university for God sake n nt Islamic uni

So why d ban if state (government) uni?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by younglas: 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
I suspect fowl play.no official stamp some people hmmmm
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by DonCortino: 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
dantori:

So is Katsina a Christian state?
How many mosques do you have in ABSU, IMSU, DESPOTECH ETC pls be sensible when showing sentiments please

They all have one mosque each!

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
King44:
you have a point but something should be done before it extends to other federal and state schools
for me o,its time we go our separate ways. These people are animals in human skin
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by AVISENNA: 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
Let the truth told one day a lot of ppl will forever regret why they voted this administration
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
Montaque:

Sharia law was never to be of general application in the states it was adopted. When some northern states adopted it, it was an elective provision both in its criminal and civil aspects for practicing muslims, however, we saw that even non-muslims were forced to abide by it, because the law in itself is vitriolic (if u compel ur neighbours to abide by it, you are a true adherent of sharia law).
i
In the good days, in the sharia courts, the khadi's will ask the parties whether they elect to have their case tried under the sharia law, but after sometime, they just bundle people, whether christian and muslims, and try them without giving them the option. They even attack people on the way, whether christian or muslim. That is bad (but its a good attitude under the sharia law). That was OBJ's mistake, he thought it will be like the customary laws issue in the south which is more personal. He didn't know he was arming militants and the BH.

Now, we are talking about an institution, set up to operate for adherent of all religion. Even if the institution wants to apply sharia law in the institution, it can only apply to Muslims who elect to be bound by it. Section 10 of the constitution outlaws the state, federal or its institutions from adopting a religion, proscribing or banning a particular religion to the uplifting of another favoured religion.
well said.

towards the end of last year i was issued tenement rate bill,
lo and behold, i saw sharia and arabi inscriptions written all over.

frankly speaking, these guys are dont care about one naija, they only care about their own agenda which is obviously evil.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
but why christians go attend such uni in the first place? avoid anytin islamic biko cos their brain dey one kind
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by excel001(m): 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
brother that is not true, katsina does not have a large christian population, I'm currently serving in the state, Daura LG precisely, they have only 3 or 4 churches here and mostly attended by corp members. If you had talked about Kaduna, Adamawa, Taraba i would have agreed but Katsina, no no no, they're mainly Hausas and Fulanis.
You are right with the population of Christians here but we still have few indigenes worshipping with us here even the wife of my pastor is from katsina, I am currently serving in kaita LGA katsina too just some miles from daura. so what happens to their children if they should go to such a school.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by sekundosekundo: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
AdroitTee:
like there's a society that combines all Christians. U just like making fuss out of nothing.

Did I tell you that I am a Christian
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
don't mind Seun. I know he did that because of his life and businesses, he knows what those people can do
He sacrificed the religious liberty of millions of Nigerian Christians for that.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by shineeye1: 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
prettyboi1989:
but why christians go attend such uni in the first place? avoid anytin islamic biko cos their brain dey one kind

You took the word out of my mouth!
At a particular level of some religion, no matter your intellectual acumen, a vital element of the reasoning faculties is sacrificed to attain greater heights within the fold.
This volatile phenomenon is the unfortunate bedrock of global unrest.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
shineeye1:

You took the word out of my mouth!
At a particular level of some religion, no matter your intellectual acumen, a vital element of the reasoning faculties is sacrificed to attain greater heights within the fold.
This volatile phenomenon is the unfortunate bedrock of global unrest.
True. as big as asia is, i never heard reports of people forcing the lessons of bhudda on others. but these islam people choi tufiakwa.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by excel001(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
DonCortino:

Any nairalander in UNN or Uniport or esut shld pls post a pic of where the muslim students worship.

I dont blame you only if u expose urself n tour around u will be free from this type of ignorance.

I attended OAU and land was allocated to catholics, protestants, muslims and traditional religion. Its only the trad religion dat didn't develop their plot, all other did. So if u think there is no place for worship for muslims in SS/SE government tertiary schools, go and re-orientate yourself.
You must not erect a building before you worship during my univ days we never had any building of our own but we made use of the school hall just because we were under no restriction. Has any of the SE/SS public school banned a Muslim association? that should be your question if you are rational
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by dragonking3: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Zi:

Sharrrrrrap dia! angry Is Covenant, Redeemers a Federal University? Is built withy task payers money?

Islam and tyranny are synonymous. Use small Nairaland as a case in point where you have to pledge to Allah before you comment on the Muslim section but Muslims comment freely on the Christian section. It is the same spirit of tyranny angry
For the bold na seun I blame, he thinks Christians are the problem so he favors the Muslim.. When Muslims get upper hand na den he go know what exactly Muslims do to atheists.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by me69: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
daretodiffer:
Which South?

You shouldn't be talking about what you know nothing about?
WHO ARE YOU!!!!!!!
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
kin8744:
He sacrificed the religious liberty of millions of Nigerian Christians for that.
you wan make Seun sacrifice him life?Seun too dey fear o,that's why he never marry.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
prettyboi1989:
me to I tire for Christians way go school for that kind mosque called university.I will rather learn mechanic work or do yahoo yahoo than go to dat kind school,God forbid bad thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.