Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,164 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51909 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by gud4dbest(m): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:
Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs

Eh-Eh! Stop there.Those u mention are private-own universities.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by uvalued(m): 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

pls is covenant a federal govt school paid by tax payers from all asundry... there is an islamic university so if they had done such no probs but a FEDERAL school oh pulease ....islamic undertone
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
my bro na tombstone i suppoz give am..i paranoid as i see da mess d mumu boi write.
Enemyofpeace:
shocked shocked see uppercut, see blood, see goro teeth for ground. Bros you wicked o grin grin abeg chop knuckle
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by uvalued(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
estyvino:

Countless intimidation on the side of Christians in the north is clear massage that we can't be and will never be one Nigeria.

Greater energy is channeled on religion tussle, almost nobody is interested in nation building, technology and the like of it.

Until we go our separate way, that will always be an issue as it's priority. Religion is killing Africans
every man to his tent
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by uvalued(m): 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Zi:

Sharrrrrrap dia! angry Is Covenant, Redeemers a Federal University? Is built withy task payers money?

Islam and tyranny are synonymous. Use small Nairaland as a case in point where you have to pledge to Allah before you comment on the Muslim section but Muslims comment freely on the Christian section. It is the same spirit of tyranny angry
and seun foolishly obliged them... to create christian section...seun plays dumb smh...
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
you wan make Seun sacrifice him life?Seun too dey fear o,that's why he never marry.
He(Seun) should create a forum for his fellow atheists and stop bordering Christians on Their forum.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by dragonking3: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
murtalaa:
I am a Hausa Fulani Muslim and I can tell you that what the university did is absolutely condemnable. Covenant and Redeemers were built by religious bodies for the development of that religion. I can understand it, even if not condone, their ban on all other religious associations in the school. But you are talking of a state censure of religion here! Heck there are villages in Katsina that are wholly Christian. Please don't be like some hypocritical Christians that defend the utterly condemnable call to murder by their supposed men of God. Those who for the right reasons are quick to condemn southern kaduna killings but closed their eyes on the horrible state sponsored massacre of the shiites and the daily carnage coming out of North east because in their eyes the victims were Muslims.
Your statement would have made sense but the ending shows that you are a religious bigot.. Who are the people that complained the most about the killings in southern kaduna? Are they not Christians...When bokoharam stated who condemned their actions and complained about it? is it not the Christians. .The person that mastermind and still spear heading the bring back our girls campaign is Mrs Oby who is a Christian. ..

Till date your Muslim leaders have not even come out to condemn the evil bokoharam is doing in the north yet you are spitting the Christians. Please you guys should stop your evil ways if you want Nigeria to be one
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by uvalued(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
godoluwa:
Over to you Mydn44, lets know your views!

Tonyebarcanista, we are waiting for your views because it takes you nothing to write long epistle concerning Oyedepo's matter!

tonyebacanista and freeze abeg we need you to comment ohhh
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Petlowalex(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
Use your head, Federal Govn. School and not Missionary or individual establishment.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by abdulbnyusuf(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
This article is a news post, the writer use the memo and jump to conclusion based on what he understand, But looking at the memo there is nothing like ban of Christian association

I'm a then member of MSSN in the said school and hereby understand what the above memo is addressing,

item number 2 that read

"Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) is the only religious association allowed to operate in the University"

doesn't mean that christian are ban from their religious gathering and association, the actual truth is that christians in the school never make any effort to register their religious association may be due to their minority.

Rather item number 2 is addressing other islamic secs associations, I'm a past member of MSSN in that school, I will prove what I just said above

apart from Muslim Students Society of Nigeria MSSN u all know, there are other muslim secs who wanted to register their muslim sec association based on their islamic teachings, example is the *Sufi Movement Association of Nigerian Students* its a muslim students association currently registered in some tertiary institutions in Nigeria, this association operate based on Tijjaniya and Qadriyya Muslims, those guys have trying by alll means to register the said association in the school since when I'm in 100L but failed to achieve their goal. Same with the shiites students association too, Meanwhile the school management wanted to centralized, all the muslim associations to only one that's MSSN irrespective of ur sec

During my time, Christians use to observe their religious gatherings in classes and lecturer halls in the night and during weekend, they are organised and they free to do all act of worship in the school, the only thing is that their minority lack them confidence and courage to officially register their association, at this time I don't know if they move a step in achieving this goal

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by uvalued(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
happney65:
omolola15 so much for the religion of peace..Yet they would invade govt sch in militant fashion asking that they should be allowed to use the Hijab..Yet they deny people of other faith the right to practise their religion in a govt owned school..So much for the religion of piiisssies
d
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by gud4dbest(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
Gaxx01:

Oh my bad, thought its a private university... Then thats totally unacceptable!!!

good retractation

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
kin8744:
He(Seun) should create a forum for his fellow atheists and stop bordering Christians on Their forum.
nice suggestion. Seun I hope you are reading this?

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by unmask: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
When we say religion is the number one bane of this country.......no one listens......ban religious activities altogether
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
my bro na tombstone i suppoz give am..i paranoid as i see da mess d mumu boi write.
that one you give am don do,abeg no kill the mumu for him parent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by willibounce1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
bakry86:
Christians have been denying muslims their rights since God knows time. I schooled in SW. I know a number of public Sec Schools dat do nt allow muslims' gathering, while dey hold christian programmes every now n then. in fact, they used to hold general programmes in d sch chapel, which muslims must also attend. singing n dancing n preaching n cursing dia enimies....

someone will quote me now to say bro dat's sec sch not uni. I want to ask in advance, which category of students need religious guidiance more? and why should only muslims be denied d freedom....

Please tell us the govt schools in southwest that won't allow Muslim gathering. You lying potential terrorist.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by abdulbnyusuf(m): 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
dragonking3:
Your statement would have made sense but the ending shows that you are a religious bigot.. Who are the people that complained the most about the killings in southern kaduna? Are they not Christians...When bokoharam stated who condemned their actions and complained about it? is it not the Christians. .The person that mastermind and still spear heading the bring back our girls campaign is Mrs Oby who is a Christian. ..

Till date your Muslim leaders have not even come out to condemn the evil bokoharam is doing in the north yet you are spitting the Christians. Please you guys should stop your evil ways if you want Nigeria to be one

Hey look up here
70% of Boko Haram victims are Muslim, in the Southern Kaduna, who told you the Fulani herdsmen killing are Muslims,or for your unexplored mind u think all HausaFulanis are muslim. Anyway u have phone, u have data and u have google, try and find out whats really happening in southern Kaduna, then u should come and say some words, in case u ar lost 08060881434 WhatsApp me I will send u a backup proofs
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by abdulbnyusuf(m): 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
dragonking3:

Hey look up here
70% of Boko Haram victims are Muslim, in the Southern Kaduna, who told you the Fulani herdsmen killing are Muslims,or for your unexplored mind u think all HausaFulanis are muslim. Anyway u have phone, u have data and u have google, try and find out whats really happening in southern Kaduna, then u should come and say some words, in case u ar lost 08060881434 WhatsApp me I will send u a backup proofs
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by dragonking3: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
abdulbnyusuf:

Hey look up here
How are 70% of the victims Muslims? They attacked churches and kidnapped innocent Christian girls first when they started. .Now that Christians have fled they turned on Muslims to be relevant.. . Also if the Fulani herdsmen are not Muslims then what are they? Christians have been a voice for both Christians and non Christians.. Even when they massacred the Shia Muslims, Christians are still complaining for them.. Other Muslims especially the Sunni Muslims will rejoice because they love seeing others suffer and die.. Sheer wickedness! !
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
ok for ur bro i go go church ooooo..i don 4give and 4get... grin grin grin grin grin..b4 e go hang now come blame MMM.. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Enemyofpeace:
that one you give am don do,abeg no kill the mumu for him parent
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by akigbemaru: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
School ban for christians
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
Montaque:

Sharia law was never to be of general application in the states it was adopted. When some northern states adopted it, it was an elective provision both in its criminal and civil aspects for practicing muslims, however, we saw that even non-muslims were forced to abide by it, because the law in itself is vitriolic (if u compel ur neighbours to abide by it, you are a true adherent of sharia law).

In the good days, in the sharia courts, the khadi's will ask the parties whether they elect to have their case tried under the sharia law, but after sometime, they just bundle people, whether christian and muslims, and try them without giving them the option. They even attack people on the way, whether christian or muslim. That is bad (but its a good attitude under the sharia law). That was OBJ's mistake, he thought it will be like the customary laws issue in the south which is more personal. He didn't know he was arming militants and the BH.

Now, we are talking about an institution, set up to operate for adherent of all religion. Even if the institution wants to apply sharia law in the institution, it can only apply to Muslims who elect to be bound by it. Section 10 of the constitution outlaws the state, federal or its institutions from adopting a religion, proscribing or banning a particular religion to the uplifting of another favoured religion.

I guess you are a Lawyer? Please, see My Last statement.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by samsam2019: 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
you're low life brain dead goat.

1st of the schools you mentioned were built and owned by Christians and it's churches.

Was umar miss university built from a kobo from your imam or mosque? Was it not built with government money?

You these terrorists
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by fof1: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

U ARE VERY VERY NAIVE. THOSE UNIVERSITIES U LISTED,ARE THEY OWNED BY GOVT OR RELUGIOUS BIDIES? IS IT UR TAX THAT WAS USED TO SET THEM UP AS COMPARED TO D ONE UNDER REFERENCE? EDUCATED ILLITERATE,GBONFU
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
ok for ur bro i go go church ooooo..i don 4give and 4get... grin grin grin grin grin..b4 e go hang now come blame MMM.. shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by abdulbnyusuf(m): 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
dragonking3:
How are 70% of the victims Muslims? They attacked churches and kidnapped innocent Christian girls first when they started. .Now that Christians have fled they turned on Muslims to be relevant.. . Also if the Fulani herdsmen are not Muslims then what are they? Christians have been a voice for both Christians and non Christians.. Even when they massacred the Shia Muslims, Christians are still complaining for them.. Other Muslims especially the Sunni Muslims will rejoice because they love seeing others suffer and die.. Sheer wickedness! !

most of Boko haram attacks were in mosques, market places, and polular joints, my brother are u telling me that its christians that populated marketplaces in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa, ot u forgot the Bomb attack at Kano central mosques that left more than 500+ dead

You can find what those herdsmen are, am proud Hausa-Fulani Sunni muslim and the case is actually the opppsite of what you think, though its hard for you to believe till when you set your leg in north and live with muslims, that time you will understand that if what the media is saying is 100% then what's actually happening in the north is 0.000011%

I'm still on my fact, if you need a backup proof about the southern Kaduna,whatsapp my number

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by adanny01(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

Is Covenant University belongs to a church.

Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina is a government or tax payer university.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
Gaxx01:

Oh my bad, thought its a private university...
Then thats totally unacceptable!!!
p

This is the first time am seeing someone humble on nairaland. You actually admitted you were wrong. I like you

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by bezimo(m): 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
See the name of the school sef Umar Musa university, hope they won't be teaching them strategies for effective terrorism and bombing, this one that they have outlawed other reasonable associations.

Schools in the South have Islamic students association why not schools in the North having student association for Christians.

What a shame. See the intolerance of Islam, I hate them with perfect hatred.

Oh God where is President Trump.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Enemyofpeace: 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
gud4dbest:

Eh-Eh! Stop there.Those u mention are private-own universities.
no mind the guy

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by adanny01(m): 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Zi:

Sharrrrrrap dia! angry Is Covenant, Redeemers a Federal University? Is built withy task payers money?

Islam and tyranny are synonymous. Use small Nairaland as a case in point where you have to pledge to Allah before you comment on the Muslim section but Muslims comment freely on the Christian section. It is the same spirit of tyranny angry

I was shocked at the question when i wanted to comment on an Islam thread. A religion that doesn't like criticism or what? Why are they scared of comments from non Muslims? I can read but not comment on their thread, they should just Open Nairaland Islam version.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by ocelot2006(m): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
FriendChoice:

is Umar Musa Yar'adua a federal university?

No, but it is a STATE OWNED university, which makes it public and owned by a state within a SECULAR nation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.