Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (698029 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Best to get it corrected ....some airlines will do for free if corrected within 24 hours or they charge you admin if done later.

Some airlines like British airways you get an online booking reference which you can log in and makes changes except name. Check if the airline has this
Thanks ma.. I'll do right away
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 9:02am On Jun 01, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 9:22am On Jun 01, 2017
Chinewon88:

A friend of mine and I was in this position as the poster. He asked the school when we got the I - 20 forms to ensure it wasn't an error. They responded that sometimes what the Government recognises a major as may be slightly different in terms of wording from what the program is listed as by the school and that its not a problem at all.
That's true. You're correct!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 9:24am On Jun 01, 2017
joeluv:
Am having difficulty uploading my passport photo on the DS-160. Must it be uploaded? The last time I went for a US visa interview I was unable to upload my passport so I simply carried a passport photo with me and I had no issues. Can I still do that?
No you can't do that anymore... You must upload it online and still take a hard copy to the embassy. If you're having issues with the size, there are apps on play store that can perfectly resize it to the US size. Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 9:27am On Jun 01, 2017
Please tell me the name of such app. Thanks
Tunnyz:

No you can't do that anymore... You must upload it online and still take a hard copy to the embassy. If you're having issues with the size, there are apps on play store that can perfectly resize it to the US size. Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 9:29am On Jun 01, 2017
George Washington University DC and yes I did get the global initiative fellowship which comes with a $16k a year scholarship.
cuspy:

Hello. Please what school did you apply to for Applied Economics? and were you funded?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 9:30am On Jun 01, 2017
I no Dey naija o. Am on vacation grin ;DI would try and snap my self.
electronic:

Go to a photographer that has an idea on VISA pic sizes. I did mine with a Samsung phone at a business centre and the guy adjusted it to 600x600. Finito, your camera is probably the problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
joeluv:
Please tell me the name of such app. Thanks
Passport Photo ID Studio
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2017
Thanks
Tunnyz:

Passport Photo ID Studio
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:47am On Jun 01, 2017
joeluv:
George Washington University DC and yes I did get the global initiative fellowship which comes with a $16k a year scholarship.

Love GWU , Congrats............I am curious does this 16K cover all the tuition for this program or still a lot left . GWU can like to call big money but love the school anyway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 9:52am On Jun 01, 2017
Hmmmm. So how do you intend to pay for tuition?
frankie2K:
please house,Is it possible for someone who have gotten admission without funding of any kind and have not paid his fees but with a limited budget of 500,000 naira travel to American and succeed?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 10:06am On Jun 01, 2017
No o. I still have balance o. Honestly the school can call big money. It's 32k for two years so I have like a total balance of 17k for the whole program.
LagosismyHome:

Love GWU , Congrats............I am curious does this 16K cover all the tuition for this program or still a lot left . GWU can like to call big money but love the school anyway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:07am On Jun 01, 2017
ofavourmi:
Please I need Center in Lagos to register GRE.
Any suggested center pls!

Cc Lagosismyhome
Walspring
Oludare
Fem

There is one in Lekki, Surulere and Obanikoro/town planning Maryland.

You can pick the one closer to your location
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:08am On Jun 01, 2017
anodebeanthony:
I don't really like WES, I use ECE for evaluation and they are faster than WES.

I sent you pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:09am On Jun 01, 2017
Capitas7:

I really appreciate. I was able complete it with IE 8, but saved earlier progresses on chrome.

I will suggest Walspring's options to anyone having similar issues. And IE8 would be fine too.

You are welcome.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:13am On Jun 01, 2017
Chapecoense:

ewo.. Dont comman spoil sombori o..

Hahahahaha

Pastor pikin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2017
asiwaju87:
guys please what could be the best possible response to that question " what has changed in your status"?

i was denied 2 weeks ago based on the fact that i couldn't list out more courses/subjects i would be taking for my UG

@wellspring,@lagosismyhome et al

It is you that know if anything change or not because anything new that you filled in your ds160 could be part of things that changed in your previous interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2017
segunojo866:
are u directing this question to walspring and lagosismyhome. If so i will advice u to direct your question to everyone in this forum. So that u will have enough valuable information. beside walspring and lagosismyhome are the two must busy and dedicated persons here, so its obvious there cant reply everyone. Concerning your f1 visa i believe u will be approved but dnt stress yourself to much. God is in control. Thanks

Anyone can answer questions here, it doesn't matter if a moniker was quoted or CC

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sweeny(f): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2017
Walspring:

Lol.. Visa fee increasing soon because our useless CBN will bring new policy on forex
You don't mean it! This is not fair!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2017
segunojo866:
no single female here apart from lagosismyhome.

They are on observing mode
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2017
princeGee23:
dey don dey drible forward to score Now ooo, Even away team don dey get mind to win.....Not like the way u left it grin

Nah so... You be funny man and you funny pass me no be small
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:23am On Jun 01, 2017
naijatisumi:
House please my wife will be travelling to Trumpland for her MSC very soon, can she travel with just a thousand dollar....Tho i will be sending money to her very soon...Am just scared of the POE issue and secondly she's pregnant not too obvious tho

Why just 1k when she can take 10k along as the maximun?

Why do you want to pay charges for sending when she can take it along when going but to me it doesn't sounds too good

I just hope the baddest scanner at POE wont detect the pregnancy and if asked about it let her be sincere because if not she might take the next flight back to naija because they might think they major purpose is to come over and delivery and also i hope she have money and medicare plan for her delivery over there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Capitas7: 10:25am On Jun 01, 2017
princeGee23:
Use chrome or Mozilla, safari, opera and IE usually have issues.
Best of luck!
Thank you very much. It's been resolved now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sweeny(f): 10:27am On Jun 01, 2017
cuspy:

Nigeria is current operating a floating exchange rate policy. This means that the demand and supply of a foreign currency (dollar in this case) would determine the price of such foreign currency. The US embassy has absolutely nothing to do with the price a dollar would change for. All the US embassy does is to set its price in dollars and the current exchange rate would apply. You guys should decimate that erroneous notion that the official price of a dollar is #375, or #325, or #305 or whatever. Presently, there is no official price for a dollar in Nigeria as the exchange rate is floating. The CBN only made a special allowance for a concessionary rates which applies for PTA, Tuition abroad, Exports and some SMEs. This concessionary rate is what I believe nairalanders misconstrued as the 'official rate'. So, kindly disavow that notion.

In the near future however, if government pumps more dollars into the economy, I believe it would dampen the shortage of dollars in the economy which is solely responsible for the high dollar price. If this is done, the price of dollar would come down and consequently the visa fee. Remember, the cost of visa fee is fixed in dollars meaning that fluctuation in the exchange rate is what is responsible for the change in cost of visa fee in Naira. Pumping more dollar into the economy is only a temporary fix, the long-run fix is to diversify the economy such that export would be on a large scale. By so doing, there would be a natural influx of foreign currencies (dollar inclusive) through trade which would eliminate the scarity of dollar thus reducing it's price as well as strengthening the Naira.

But what do I know? I am no VO. I only used my little knowledge of Economics to analyze the whole thing and I hope you understand it.
This is good. Very well analyzed dear. But on a serious note, I just wish the right things will be done by CBN and the Federal Government of course. The whole thing is taking a bad toll on us students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ogoji(m): 10:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Iblad0994:
Visa got approved today at Lagos embassy!!!
It rained early in the morning and after going through the normal screening I finally land inside the decision room. I was interviewed at window 3 by a middle aged cute oyinbo woman. Here goes the conversation
Me : Good morning ma ( she no answer, me self bone face, I smiled at her as she is busy typing fast ...?
After a while
VO: Tell me about your course
Me: my course is industrial engineering with option in embedded system ( na so she stop me and say embedded system , I said yes.)
VO: Tell me all you know about embedded system
Me: embedded system are set of interrelated computer software enclosed in a single hardware unit to perform a programmable function ( na so she dey nod head up and down, I no stop I still fire on ). Embedded system consist of microcontrollers and microprocessor which are used to produce automated system
VO: what are the applications of embedded system
Me: They are used in Fire alarm as we have the smoke sensor, motion sensor , light sensor and other automated systems
VO: who is sponsoring you
Me : My dad
VO: what does he do
Me: he is a real estate agent , he Buy and resell landed properties .
VO: thank you (she brings out the white paper) you will need this at the point of entry , you can pick up your passport at bla bla bla ..

Thank Allah for everything . It's just a soft work . Thanks everybody on here that have helped me one time or the other and people that posted their transcripts .. I learnt a lot from this forum and am thankful to Almighty Allah .

What I just see is that you shouldn't be under pressure , prepare, relax and most of all pray for grace . I'm happy I finally got to share my own transcript on here too
CONGRATULATIONS bro............... smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2017
Simon21:
Hello everyone, its been a while i posted here, its not been easy. I thank God for a successful semester that has just ended. It has been a bitter sweet feeling for me this semester. The worst happened to me, i lost my dad, i was emotionally devastated but God was able to see me through. I was still able to pull a 4.0 gpa cause God had my back and i know He will never abandon his son. I wish you all success in your ambitions and endevours.

May his soul respect in perfect peace..

It is a pity that he didn't wait to eat what he laboured for and that's why i pray this prayer that Any power that says our parents wont eat the fruit of the labour they shall die in the name of Jesus. Amen

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2017
Chapecoense:

Hello please did u pay for the hotel u were lodged in or it was part of the ticket money? Thanks.

Yes but included in your flight fare indirectly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:36am On Jun 01, 2017
electronic:

You Indirectly paid with your flight ticket... cool

Exactly..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:36am On Jun 01, 2017
segunojo866:
walspring and lagosismyhome can help u with that

I wish i could be not available for now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2017
cuspy:

Nigeria is current operating a floating exchange rate policy. This means that the demand and supply of a foreign currency (dollar in this case) would determine the price of such foreign currency. The US embassy has absolutely nothing to do with the price a dollar would change for. All the US embassy does is to set its price in dollars and the current exchange rate would apply. You guys should decimate that erroneous notion that the official price of a dollar is #375, or #325, or #305 or whatever. Presently, there is no official price for a dollar in Nigeria as the exchange rate is floating. The CBN only made a special allowance for a concessionary rates which applies for PTA, Tuition abroad, Exports and some SMEs. This concessionary rate is what I believe nairalanders misconstrued as the 'official rate'. So, kindly disavow that notion.

In the near future however, if government pumps more dollars into the economy, I believe it would dampen the shortage of dollars in the economy which is solely responsible for the high dollar price. If this is done, the price of dollar would come down and consequently the visa fee. Remember, the cost of visa fee is fixed in dollars meaning that fluctuation in the exchange rate is what is responsible for the change in cost of visa fee in Naira. Pumping more dollar into the economy is only a temporary fix, the long-run fix is to diversify the economy such that export would be on a large scale. By so doing, there would be a natural influx of foreign currencies (dollar inclusive) through trade which would eliminate the scarity of dollar thus reducing it's price as well as strengthening the Naira.

But what do I know? I am no VO. I only used my little knowledge of Economics to analyze the whole thing and I hope you understand it.

Wonderful but CBN or FG don scam am no be small and that's why you see them looting in Naira and convert it to dollar since no policy checkmate source of getting dollar.

One of the biggest scam from CBN and FG so far.

I wish and pray they take all the money to heaven or hell fire where it is useless for them and they wont even have time to spend it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:40am On Jun 01, 2017
Walspring:

Why just 1k when she can take 10k along as the maximum?

Why do you want to pay charges for sending when she can take it along when going but to me it doesn't sounds too good

There is no maximum you can travel with to the USA... however 10k is the maximum or will i say minimum that you have to declare on the form that you are travelling with

If over 10k that fine just declare it on the custom form the amount you are travelling with.... but security reason, best to pay transfer fee oo. What if the money develops legs and run away lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 10:42am On Jun 01, 2017
frankie2K:
please house,Is it possible for someone who have gotten admission without funding of any kind and have not paid his fees but with a limited budget of 500,000 naira travel to American and succeed?
have you received your F1 visa if not you are on a long thing oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.