Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696073 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2017
I just hope that we all are still planning to get visa to heaven as well when we get to trumpland or not..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2017
LagosismyHome:

There is no maximum you can travel with to the USA... however 10k is the maximum or will i say minimum that you have to declare on the form that you are travelling with

If over 10k that fine just declare it on the custom form the amount you are travelling with.... but security reason, best to pay transfer fee oo. What if the money develops legs and run away lipsrsealed

Yes because if its more than 10k you declare it..

If the money developed legs and run away, the best thing is to run after the money too grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2017
smithsydny:
my nigga
Yes boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2017
Walspring:
I just hope that we all are still planning to get visa to heaven as well when we get to trumpland or not..

I hope so cause that is the ultimate

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2017
onicemus1:
Hello house please a quick one.. I booked my flight with (waka now ) and filled in my correct passport number and all that .. but when the airline sent a confirmation email, my names were just correct yes.. but my passport number, age and passport expiry date wasn't correct.. or rather wasn't the same as the one in my passport.. (guess it's an error from waka now) .. I'm I supposed to be scared? shocked Since my flight has been booked .. is this a problem? If it is , what's the way out of this ..
Please help a brother out..

It can be corrected and do you book it yourself or their staff or their affiliate booked if for you? Because during the affiliate training i went for i learnt that errors on ticket can be corrected with 24 hours or 48 hours i can't remember the exact hours since i didn't take the affiliate part time job serious

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 10:51am On Jun 01, 2017
Walspring:

Tell 'em brother...
Without that then what's the essence of USA visa

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:59am On Jun 01, 2017
Walspring:

Yes because if its more than 10k you declare it..

If the money developed legs and run away, the best thing is to run after the money too grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin not to small running ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:01am On Jun 01, 2017
ofavourmi:
]Any one have any clue about University of Portland, is it a good school to apply to and what is the chance of one getting Visa Approved considering this school. Please it urgent.

Cc Lagosismyhome
Walspring
Femi
Any anyone who have idea abt d school

Check the website and read review about them from usnews.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:01am On Jun 01, 2017
joeluv:
Am having difficulty uploading my passport photo on the DS-160. Must it be uploaded? The last time I went for a US visa interview I was unable to upload my passport so I simply carried a passport photo with me and I had no issues. Can I still do that?

You need to go and snap a correct passport and scan it, by doing so it will upload perfectly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:03am On Jun 01, 2017
successflow:

I hope so cause that is the ultimate

Nah so..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:03am On Jun 01, 2017
sobastical:

Tell 'em brother...
Without that then what's the essence of USA visa

You can help me tell them from you own desk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2017
Walspring:

You can help me tell them from you own desk
Hehe, I'm trying sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2017
slimmy2005:
oga, you don zoom go MD?

Yes.. I came back.. No tell me say you no see my calls...I dey vex..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lekinxyn12(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2017
Visa Approved today at Lagos Embassy
My appreciation goes to all my MTSU alumni friends (Phakus, Kenkool) and The Monikers in the House for contributing immensely on this thread. The Good Lord will continue to bless you all and your household.
I got to the embassy about 5.57am with my wife to support me with prayers while am in, both of us are pressed and we want to wee. The hustler boys said to wee is N100/person that for me I can do it by the river side and still pay the money, I said no wahala. Sorry all that I still fall for the hustlers who said I will be needing the coloured copy of my passport data page and is N1, 000 which I negotiated to N500 (Not needed pls). They assisted in stapling my document.
The Transcript goes thus, conversation with a white guy in mid-30’s window 2
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning Sir, How was night?
VO: Great, Pass me your Passport and I-20
Me: I Obliged
VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: Am going to the US for Masters in Engineering Technology at Middle Tennessee State University (vo cuts)
VO: How do you hear about the course?
Me: A senior colleague who is an alumnus of the school in my company advised me to go for the course since am aspiring to become a Manager in my current workplace.
VO: when did you finish your first degree?
Me: 2009
VO: And you did your 1 year NYSC
Me: That’s correct
VO: So what have you being doing since then?
Me: I work with XXXX Networks Ltd for three (3) year as field Service Engineer where I deploy VSAT and Radio technology for internet services. I was promoted as Team lead and that is the post I maintain till date. And now anticipating to be a manager in my company that is the more reason why am going for this program.
VO: Do you take any test and what is your score?
Me: Yes, I took GRE and my score is 290 Q=150 V=140 writing 3.5
VO: Tell me about Engineering Technology
Me: It incorporate courses like Six Sigma, Project Management and Safety planning
VO: But the course are management courses not technical?
Me: Yes they are. As am aspiring to be a manager to understand six sigma for organizational process and also safety planning so that my field Engineers will be safety conscious. That is also one of the reason why I chose the school which has these combined courses.
VO: So the school teach Six Sigma?
Me: Yes, is part of the courses.
VO: How do you want to finance your study?
Me: I have a tuition waiver and monthly stipend offered to me by my department
VO: Ooh. I did not see that earlier on your I-20 (He looks at the I-20 again and also saw dad as the sponsor though I filled self in Ds-160)
VO: What qualifies you for the tuition waiver?
Me: I had a CGPA of 3.5 of 4.0 scale and my Statement of Purpose explain in detail my intent.
VO: Ooh that’s great.
VO: what does your dad do?
Me: He has a big Farm.
VO: I will be approving your visa, take your I-20 you will need it at port of entry, pick up your passport in the next 3 business day.
I thank Almighty Allah for his grace and favour, for the courage, confidence and the ability to articulate my point. I was the 20th on the queue and when I started seeing blue paper I forgot everything I planned to say and was like God I know you are there watching and will change the story when it get to my turn.
My advice to the prospecting applicant, understand the whole process of your application, understand your courses and most importantly be able to explain why you have chosen the school and the courses.
Please the Research thing has cast, soft pedal on it VO are now particular about your course of study.
Goodluck and let’s keep the traveling transcript Loading.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 11:44am On Jun 01, 2017
TheGreat342:

Boss, I need your help in regard paying of my SEVIS fee. I will PM you now

replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 11:51am On Jun 01, 2017
frankie2K:
please house,Is it possible for someone who have gotten admission without funding of any kind and have not paid his fees but with a limited budget of 500,000 naira travel to American and succeed?

Abeg no try am for this Trump era oo. Studying in the US without adequate funding is hell on earth. But who am I to say you wont still succeed at the end. Baba God has the final say cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 11:56am On Jun 01, 2017
lekinxyn12:
My appreciation goes to all my MTSU alumni friends (Phakus, Kenkool) and The Monikers in the House for contributing immensely on this thread. The Good Lord will continue to bless you all and your household.

I thank Almighty Allah for his grace and favour, for the courage, confidence and the ability to articulate my point. I was the 20th on the queue and when I started seeing blue paper I forgot everything I planned to say and was like God I know you are there watching and will change the story when it get to my turn.
My advice to the prospecting applicant, understand the whole process of your application, understand your courses and most importantly be able to explain why you have chosen the school and the courses.
Please the Research thing has cast, soft pedal on it VO are now particular about your course of study.

Congrats sir and God bless your new journey.

@bolded. Prospective undergraduate visa applicants, research eyaff cast oo angry Abeg upgrade your transcript oo grin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 11:59am On Jun 01, 2017
Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lono22: 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good afternoon.pls am speaking in respect to a Friend .she got visitors visa last year and was in d usa for 5 months then she came back to apply for student visa...she was denied today the visa officer kept saying what was she doing in the usa for five months and denied her student visa just today...please what should she do?is her visitors visa still valid?should she reapply? Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
Walspring:

It can be corrected and do you book it yourself or their staff or their affiliate booked if you? Because during the affiliate training i went for i learnt that errors on ticket can be corrected with 24 hours or 48 hours i can't remember the exact hours since i didn't take the affiliate part time job serious
Waka now showed me options for cheap airline.. I now selected the particular airline (EGYPTAIR)
And filled in my details.. I booked from waka now and then waka now probably booked when my payment was confirmed.. I received a confirmation last night from waka now immediately I booked.. but then early this morning I received a confirmation email from EGYPTAIR..going through the email from EGYPTAIR I was shocked as I saw another passport details.. I tried calling them, no one picks , I've sent two emails already to EGYPTAIR.. no reply yet.. I tried to correct it via EGYPTAIR... can't find options for that.. pls I need suggestions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sirhamilton(m): 12:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good Afternoon all, please does anyone have a list of schools that require just toefl and don't need transcript evaluation ( for MS in biology).
So far my search has turned up virtually nothing.
Thanks in advance nice folks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bibiakonure: 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Chapecoense:

Hello please did u pay for the hotel u were lodged in or it was part of the ticket money? Thanks.
i did not pay a dime. Your flight fee covers it all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ebonyademi: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
Congrats, Please i just sent a DM to you. Am applying to same school and will need some clarification from you

lekinxyn12:
I got to the embassy about 5.57am with my wife to support me with prayers while am in, both of us are pressed and we want to wee. The hustler boys said to wee is N100/person that for me I can do it by the river side and still pay the money, I said no wahala. Sorry all that I still fall for the hustlers who said I will be needing the coloured copy of my passport data page and is N1, 000 which I negotiated to N500 (Not needed pls). They assisted in stapling my document.
Me: Am going to the US for Masters in Engineering Technology at Middle Tennessee State University (vo cuts)
Me: A senior colleague who is an alumnus of the school in my company advised me to go for the course since am aspiring to become a Manager in my current workplace.
Me: I work with XXXX Networks Ltd for three (3) year as field Service Engineer where I deploy VSAT and Radio technology for internet services. I was promoted as Team lead and that is the post I maintain till date. And now anticipating to be a manager in my company that is the more reason why am going for this program.
Me: It incorporate courses like Six Sigma, Project Management and Safety planning
Me: Yes they are. As am aspiring to be a manager to understand six sigma for organizational process and also safety planning so that my field Engineers will be safety conscious. That is also one of the reason why I chose the school which has these combined courses.
VO: Ooh. I did not see that earlier on your I-20 (He looks at the I-20 again and also saw dad as the sponsor though I filled self in Ds-160)
Me: I had a CGPA of 3.5 of 4.0 scale and my Statement of Purpose explain in detail my intent.
VO: I will be approving your visa, take your I-20 you will need it at port of entry, pick up your passport in the next 3 business day.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
lono22:
Good afternoon.pls am speaking in respect to a Friend .she got visitors visa last year and was in d usa for 5 months then she came back to apply for student visa...she was denied today the visa officer kept saying what was she doing in the usa for five months and denied her student visa just today...please what should she do?is her visitors visa still valid?should she reapply? Thank you!

She can reapply but nobody can predict how it will go

All she can hope is that the next interview the VO does not spot that 5 months and don't make it an issue ....... Technically she has not overstay , The VO might just felt she run away mainly because I am sure she was not able to explain why 5 Months ...............a good explanation would have helped her

I don't know if VO leave comments on each case because I am not a VO . hopefully they don't ........ Also she should not go without having a good reason why she was there for 5 months . incase it becomes an issue again so let her be prepared to answer that question

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
onicemus1:

Waka now showed me options for cheap airline.. I now selected the particular airline (EGYPTAIR)
And filled in my details.. I booked from waka now and then waka now probably booked when my payment was confirmed.. I received a confirmation last night from waka now immediately I booked.. but then early this morning I received a confirmation email from EGYPTAIR..going through the email from EGYPTAIR I was shocked as I saw another passport details.. I tried calling them, no one picks , I've sent two emails already to EGYPTAIR.. no reply yet.. I tried to correct it via EGYPTAIR... can't find options for that.. pls I need suggestions

Do you live in Lagos ? ........If Yes then just go to the airport and find Egyptair desk or where ever their reservation office is ...... . They should be able to correct it .......Alternatively waka now should be able to correct it as well . Find their number or details and reach out to them to correct it

Check your confirmation if you have a booking reference and then your last name . With the link below you might be able to amend some details under (Provide Advanced Passenger Information )
https://www.egyptair.com/en/Book/Pages/my-reservations.aspx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Let her reapply, hopefully the next VO would not make an issue out of it. Her visit visa is still valid. Btwn was she staying with a sibling? Cos I know someone that did same and was issued visa.

lono22:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Do you live in Lagos ? ........If Yes then just go to the airport and find Egyptair desk or where ever their reservation office is ...... . They should be able to correct it .......Alternatively waka now should be able to correct it as well . Find their number or details and reach out to them to correct it

Check your confirmation if you have a booking reference and then your last name . With the link below you might be able to amend some details under (Provide Advanced Passenger Information )
https://www.egyptair.com/en/Book/Pages/my-reservations.aspx
Thanks so much ma. No I live in Abuja . And I've contacted waka now .. they're working on it and promised to call me back once it's corrected.. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
onicemus1:

Thanks so much ma. No I live in Abuja . And I've contacted waka now .. they're working on it and promised to call me back once it's corrected.. thanks

Cool ...... Egypair also in Abuja so if Waka now cannot correct (but they should) then here you go . Best to go in person

Address The Capital Hub Center Plot 272, Ahmadu Bello Way Banex – Gwarimpa Expressway Mabushi - Abuja
Phone
Reservation:
+23 48 18888 0883
+23 48 18888 0884
Email Address: abuja_dm@egyptair.com

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oladave02: 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
lekinxyn12:

Congratulations BRO. welcome on board
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mudi1012: 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
Congratulations on your Visa Approval ...
lekinxyn12:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Cool ...... Egypair also in Abuja so if Waka now cannot correct (but they should) then here you go . Best to go in person

Address The Capital Hub Center Plot 272, Ahmadu Bello Way Banex – Gwarimpa Expressway Mabushi - Abuja
Phone
Reservation:
+23 48 18888 0883
Thank you ma.. I really appreciate.. God bless
+23 48 18888 0884
Email Address: abuja_dm@egyptair.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yemiosinbajo: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
Guys, pls the i20 says, the parent or guardian, and student, must sign if student is below 18. Please, does this mean that if the student is above 18, ONLY THE STUDENT SHOULD SIGN, therefore the space for parent's or guardian's name and signature should be left vacant?

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.