Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695537 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
OluDare01:

DHL is more expensive. FedEx is about $97 the last time I checked. Tell him to use USPS

There is TNT and its cheap but they do delay with almost a week
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
teetea06:
Good evening house..please I would like to ask about the tuition fee that is always stated on the i20 if it covers for the duration(2years)of the programme or just for the first year..

Its just for one year written on the i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
asiwaju87:
HELP OOOOOOO

LAGOSISMYHOME, WALSPRING ....

i need mock interview please asap

Boss i wish i could but my schedule tight oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
dazzy2:
Hello guys my school sent my i20 to me without notifying me
I have been waiting for it since I was accepted, I actually think it's my fault because I didn't include any Po box while filling my address Cos my house no get Po box.
So I requested for anoda one, So they mailed it to my uncle staying in Us.
I want to know the easiest means for him to send it to me he said Dhl is too expensive, Guys pls help

If you stay in Lagos, go to the nearest post office and ask for it, Am sure it is there by now if it doesn't get lost on transit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
ProfOjah1234:

Boss.. Your own is more valid.. Thanks boss..

I sight you. grin grin grin

Where happney65 because your fellow romancelander is here oo grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

you need to share some of these your job money with me oooo... Man of many hats grin grin

Lol... Nah part job but i didn't take it serious because our people will compare price and later tell you touching stories after all the whole stress.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
Simon21:

Amen my brother. God bless you.

Amen and everyone here too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
HeNeverFails:
Good evening wonderful people. I am planning to go to US embassy in Lagos. I want to stay with a friend in Palmgrove Onipanu. Please how close is the place to Walter Carrington in VI and please I need proper direction from the place to embassy. Please anybody with proper direction?

Just take yaba and from yaba you take obalende and from obalende you take Eko hotel and drop at check point, then cross to the other side immediately you drop and enter the car park because that's the US embassy car park and navigate your way either by asking where white house is or using your discerning mind and spirit

You can take cab or uber from palm grove down to the place if you have the cash

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
IfAllahwills:
hello. Please how can one submit western union quick pay from London. Need information to give to my brother to make payment for me. Thanks

Sure as long as the WU outlet have the Quick pay form but if not the person will need to look for another location

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
IfAllahwills:

Hello. Thank you for your reply. Please which banks can he submit payment from London.
Thanks

Any bank or any store of any outlet WU is present but they are not omnipresent grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
jeffery23:
hello house, when ur skul send your i20, how will you know if it's already in nigeria or delivered to your home address, incase you are not at home, won't they call you or something when they are coming to deliver it or already at your place, incase you are not at home

If your phone number is written on the package you will be call and if not you go to their office with the tracking number to collect it from them because the tracking number is your evidence that it belongs to you

If its postal mail of post office you go to their office and give them your details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
sobastical:

But can visa fee be resell?

Anyone who but it now in the technology era just bought Panama prison for him/herself

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
Femcesc07:
Yes bro,the person has not use it before
you can also ask guru for more info

No be like before ooo and no go try am oooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happney65: 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
Walspring:

I sight you. grin grin grin

Where happney65 because your fellow romancelander is here oo grin grin

Present Sire... grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
OGreene:
Exactly. He doesn't even know a thing about the so called uncle to conclude. And what if he is broke at the moment.

Lol... You are right but its not bad if the uncle is sincere rather than someone calling him all sort of names..

I don't have money to send it for you, please send me money so that i can use it to send it for you, tell me is that a bad talk or nice idea ?

Many bad belle uncle, family and relatives plenty over there simply because they keep telling you nothing is there but they are not even ready or planning to come back home and leave where nothing is...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
OGreene:
Very rash, I must say.

Could it mean that the uncle is looking for a cheaper option, is this now a crime. The uncle has not refused to help him yet...to be labeled 'untrustworthy'.

Lol... anyone join ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
damiliano:
Pls house,is it a must to indicate nysc period in the I60 form?

Yes if you want to cover the gap of idleness

No if you ain't interested in covering that gap..

Follow your mind
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
happney65:

Present Sire... grin grin

You don do scofield come back abi
grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Congrats to everyone who's got their F1's'; thanks for keeping faith with the process. If you're waiting, I also wish you the best. I figure people could use some help here coming to the US this Fall, (or whenever you want to come). So here goes. Hopefully, we can switch to the other (Life in the USA) thread when y'all get here.

First, reach out to folks in your school to help you with arrival. What plane to fly with, schedule airport pick up, housing arrangements, and settling in a place within few days of arrival. Schools have the Int'l Student offices that would help you do most of these, so don't hesitate to shoot them emails, ask them about anything and everything you're worried about as an Int'l student. They won't be surprised, in fact they would be excited you're curious and eager to come. So, ask away!

Speaking of Nigerian folks in your school, Linkedin works great! Google 'Research Assistant' 'School Name' Nigeria Linkedin ; you can use other variations like 'Teaching Assistant', 'Graduate Teaching Assistant', "Master's Student", 'Graduate Student', 'Graduate Research Assistant', 'PhD candidate', 'Doctoral candidate', 'PhD Student;, 'Post doctoral candidate' and so forth.

So, if I'm looking to connect with Nigerian grad students @ Stanford, I'll use, for instance, research assistant Stanford Nigeria Linkedin
on Google. This way, you can make solid connections, ask for their help, and if they can't help you, refer you to someone who can.

"Why should they help you?" Good question. I'm glad I asked. Here's why, in my opinion. They know what it feels like to be exactly where you're right now. And more importantly, they ask for help everyday. At least, I ask for help every single day. It therefore goes without reason, that getting people to help me means I'm ready to assist others as well.

Plus, it definitely helps we're Nigerians. We 'get' each other. So, start connecting.

PS: The 'Search' function on Nairaland doesn't work quite well. Except you go right through the transcripts. And see who's currently attending your school. Hopefully, we have a decent database of something along those lines pretty soon.

That takes care of your arrival, and what not. Remember, ask questions. Don't be shy, don't hesitate. You never know who's gonna say 'yes', or 'no'.

Next up, studying in America comes with its whole set of challenges. I wish I had braced up for them, prior to arrival.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
toluene1234:
Hello gurus.

When your school says Your official letter of acceptance will be mailed to you shortly: Will it contain d I20? Will it be mailed through courier service or email.
Please help me clarify that.

Thanks

Yes it will but it better to ask them to get first class update from the real source
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
Biggy911:
Gurus:
Can I pay the SEVIS Fee from Saudi Arabia using a debit/credit card or only a person in the US can do the payment from US?

WU can tell you that when you get there but the info on DHS website is that Nigeria and other african countries are not allowed to use credit card for payment but WU or MO

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
obaxlove:
Please guys, I just received an email from the evaluation body (IERF) I subscribed to to evaluate my transcript for a MBA admission in the USA.

They are requesting that I should send my WAEc transcript to them after they received my undergraduate transcript.

My questions are;
Is this normal?
How will I get my WAEC transcript sent to them?
Can WAEC do the sending?
Which of the WAEC office should I go?

Please help considering the deadline.

Get a waec scratch card and send it to them to verify online but if they want it directly from Waec, You need to get to their office at Yaba beside Yabatech
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
Why is walspring and lagosismyhome so famous here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
segunojo866:
educationUS is open for registration o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
segunojo866:
educationUS is open for registration o
sweeny how re u doing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
segunojo866:
sweeny how re u doing
more testimony by monday in jesus name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
Walspring:

Get a waec scratch card and send it to them to verify online but if they want it directly from Waec, You need to get to their office at Yaba beside Yabatech
thats a very good idea
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
segunojo866:

lol ....grin. what value does been famous on Nairaland add.....

Nobody is famous though, people just contribute and move on to the next post / question if they have time . Some like to type more than others or have more free time hence you feel they are famous . Others come here often but rather observe from quiet mode .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
Next2Bezee:
Good Morning Guys

I returned from Malaysia in August 2016 after completing a 4 year Bsc. Accounting degree (I didn't return to Nigeria at all until i was done). I obtained my certificates and transcripts and never had any visa related issues or passport troubles for the duration of my study (Not sure if this will improve my chances of getting a US visa).

I plan to pursue a masters degree at University of Minnesota and i already have a friend there that's gonna help with the degree application process. I already read the first page of this thread and then the visa type, price and ds-160 form pages on the US consulate website. My friend over there mentioned the need for me to do something called EducationUSA. I do not know anything about that.

I also don't know if there is anything else i need to take into account. I would appreciate any information thrown my way from our wonderful brothers and sisters in the house, thank you. smiley
google educationUSA online or u can attend their orientation every wednesday by 10am at the US embassy in lagos or abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Walspring:

Anyone who but it now in the technology era just bought Panama prison for him/herself

Hahahaha, egbon no be so o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

lol ....grin. what value does been famous on Nairaland add.....

Nobody is famous though, people just contribute and move on to the next post / question if they have time . Some like to type more than others or have more free time hence you feel they are famous . Others come here often but rather observe from quiet mode .
but is like segunojo866 is getting famous here o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
iCool:

You can schedule a pickup with DHL Nigeria for about N22,000. I did it from Port Harcourt.

They will go to your uncle's USA home or office address to pick it up and then deliver to you at your own designated Nigerian address. Takes 3-4 business days.

Someone here used Courier Plus for same service, cost him N16k from a Lagos location.

Pls how do I go about doing ds?

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.