Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695265 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Next2Bezee(m): 10:28am On Jun 02, 2017
Good Morning Guys

I returned from Malaysia in August 2016 after completing a 4 year Bsc. Accounting degree (I didn't return to Nigeria at all until i was done). I obtained my certificates and transcripts and never had any visa related issues or passport troubles for the duration of my study (Not sure if this will improve my chances of getting a US visa).

I plan to pursue a masters degree at University of Minnesota and i already have a friend there that's gonna help with the degree application process. I already read the first page of this thread and then the visa type, price and ds-160 form pages on the US consulate website. My friend over there mentioned the need for me to do something called EducationUSA. I do not know anything about that.

I also don't know if there is anything else i need to take into account. I would appreciate any information thrown my way from our wonderful brothers and sisters in the house, thank you. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 11:50am On Jun 02, 2017
Whistleblowers:
I made a mistake on my 1-20 form . My dad signed the form and I'm above 18. What do you suggest I do?

Thanks

Just cross it out neatly.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 11:56am On Jun 02, 2017
Whistleblowers:
I made a mistake on my 1-20 form . My dad signed the form and I'm above 18. What do you suggest I do?

Thanks
My mum mistakenly signed too.. but fortunately it wasn't an Ish for me.. the vo didn't even ask me.. don't cancel anything on the I-20 .. just leave it. If at all the vo asks , just explain it was an error .. hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
Whistleblowers:

Thanks

In fact I was really scared that I made extensive research on this ... fortunately I bumped into a website about similar cases like this .. https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/parents-signed-on-my-i-20-at-if-student-under-18-y-1797065.html
this should help..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
onicemus1:

In fact I was really scared that I made extensive research on this ... fortunately I bumped into a website about similar cases like this .. https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/parents-signed-on-my-i-20-at-if-student-under-18-y-1797065.html
this should help..

Its not a big deal if she crosses it or leave it. I have seen many cases like that and they eventually got the visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
obaxlove:

To help with your question
Is this normal?
Yes it is, Transcript or certificate will be requested of all the schools you listed as Attend (that's on the first page of your login)

How will I get my WAEC transcript sent to them?
Check the uploaded picture below for list of things you need to take with you

Can WAEC do the sending?
Yes, the can and will wink (so far you aren't planning process it on credit) it takes WAEC 5days to process and 5-7days for Courier service to deliver

Which of the WAEC office should I go?
WAEC Headquarter at Hussey Rd, Yaba, Lagos , lagos (I don't know outside lagos).

My 2 Naira:
-be sure not to hand you money to the hustler on the street, avoid any story enter into the main building and ask the receptionist
-if you want to be thrifty in spending prepare all needed items before going,if you want to be charitable please don't unless you ha wink wink wink
-would there be any question about the documents don't be embarassed embarassed to ask

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bibiakonure:
i did not pay a dime. Your flight fee covers it all
Great thanks.. Please when you booked Egypt air, Was it a one way ticket?
Wakanow agent told me these egypt air ppl dont normally fly one way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
texrem:

Its not a big deal if she crosses it or leave it. I have seen many cases like that and they eventually got the visa.

Exactly boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folatush(f): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
onicemus1:

Exactly boss

my mum even signed and i signed too. it doesnt matter i think
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
Whistleblowers:

OMG! My Dad signed that part and I'm above 18. Do you think it's gon affect me and can I use tipex to clean it?

Thanks
Fear not, you can neatly cross it with a line and when asked just explain that u didn't know it was for students under the age of 18.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
Tunnyz:

Fear not, you can neatly cross it with a line and when asked just explain that u didn't know it was for students under the age of 18.
Don't cross anything!!!
Leave it like that! Period....
When asked explain yourself. Its a signature of consent. They don't even look at signatures. Focus on the upcoming Interview...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Please guys, anyone to assist?

cmbagwu:
Good day People,

Please I'd love to know If anyone will be attending Praire View A&M University, Texas for fall 2017... or currently in the school already. I need some information clarification. Thanks in anticipation for the response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
electronic:

Don't cross anything!!!
When asked explain yourself. Its a signature of consent. They don't even look at signatures. Focus on the upcoming Interview...
Exactly my point.. crossing it will even bring more attention to the stuff.. just leave it.. at times vos don't even take note of that!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ragnorak:
Please this question may sound stupid but bear with me. I've trawled through the thread looking for answers but haven't found. Here goes:
Persons who applied to up to four schools did you request your school to send one transcript for each case? (Thinking cost) Or is it possible to use unofficial transcripts pending admissions? Or Use WES transcripts instead of school transcripts.
And can you send GRE scores before you apply?
Check with your prospective school,some schools allow you to upload unofficial transcripts during your application,some accept only official transcripts.
Yes,you can send GRE scores before applying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
onicemus1:

Exactly my point.. crossing it will even bring more attention to the stuff.. just leave it.. at times vos don't even take note of that!
bro u re right. I did same thing last year but the vo didnt even notice it at all. They dnt have time to see those mistakes. Remember that interview wont last up to 3minutes. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Please good nairaland people dnt pm me. I dnt have time to reply all those message and i will be traveling out very soon so no time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
cmbagwu:
Please guys, anyone to assist?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
texrem:

Just cross it out neatly.
crossing it is not d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
segunojo866:
have anybody booked appointment for july?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by topdee(m): 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
For those who need student loans: you can obtain student loans from Citizens Bank, even as an international student.
Although, you need a cosigner who is an American citizen or a permanent resident with good credit rating to be your cosigner, that is the deterministic factor to obtain a loan successfully. You have the option of up to 15 years loan repayment plan.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
topdee:
For those who need student loans: you can obtain student loans from Citizens Bank, even as an international student.
Although, you need a cosigner who is an American citizen or a permanent resident with good credit rating to be your cosigner, that is the deterministic factor to obtain a loan successfully. You have the option of up to 15 years loan repayment plan.
not bad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
electronic:

Don't cross anything!!!
Well that's left to him.. The signature doesn't really matter but then if it's crossed its no problem

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
onicemus1:

Waka now showed me options for cheap airline.. I now selected the particular airline (EGYPTAIR)
And filled in my details.. I booked from waka now and then waka now probably booked when my payment was confirmed.. I received a confirmation last night from waka now immediately I booked.. but then early this morning I received a confirmation email from EGYPTAIR..going through the email from EGYPTAIR I was shocked as I saw another passport details.. I tried calling them, no one picks , I've sent two emails already to EGYPTAIR.. no reply yet.. I tried to correct it via EGYPTAIR... can't find options for that.. pls I need suggestions

Anytime you read this send me pm and let me give you my oga there that you can call and it will be done

Even on the wakanow website there is a warning about flying with EgyptAir and i still don't understand why you picked it maybe its because of the cheap price
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
lono22:
Good afternoon.pls am speaking in respect to a Friend .she got visitors visa last year and was in d usa for 5 months then she came back to apply for student visa...she was denied today the visa officer kept saying what was she doing in the usa for five months and denied her student visa just today...please what should she do?is her visitors visa still valid?should she reapply? Thank you!

Violation of visa rule is dangerous sin at the embassy.

Tell your friend to come and post the complete super story since you just posted the headline because there is more to this.

Maybe you are the person but claiming that is your friend if i am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
sobastical:

Hehe, I'm trying sir

Alright and keep it up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

She can reapply but nobody can predict how it will go

All she can hope is that the next interview the VO does not spot that 5 months and don't make it an issue ....... Technically she has not overstay , The VO might just felt she run away mainly because I am sure she was not able to explain why 5 Months ...............a good explanation would have helped her

I don't know if VO leave comments on each case because I am not a VO . hopefully they don't ........ Also she should not go without having a good reason why she was there for 5 months . incase it becomes an issue again so let her be prepared to answer that question

She need to prayer confess her sin to the next VO because am sure when she went for the B1/B2 she told them the duration she is going to stay but she stayed more than that and automatically she lied and deceived the VO who interviewed her then and i believe they always want honest and truth when applying

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naijatisumi: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hello House,

Please can my wife travel with her pregnancy drugs to the US since shes going with a student VISA ? Just so curious to know I dont want any scene for her at the POE

Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
yemiosinbajo:
Guys, pls the i20 says, the parent or guardian, and student, must sign if student is below 18. Please, does this mean that if the student is above 18, ONLY THE STUDENT SHOULD SIGN, therefore the space for parent's or guardian's name and signature should be left vacant?

If applicant is below 18 the guardian and parents sign on the applicant behalf if not the applicant will sign him/herself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Do you live in Lagos ? ........If Yes then just go to the airport and find Egyptair desk or where ever their reservation office is ...... . They should be able to correct it .......Alternatively waka now should be able to correct it as well . Find their number or details and reach out to them to correct it

Check your confirmation if you have a booking reference and then your last name . With the link below you might be able to amend some details under (Provide Advanced Passenger Information )
https://www.egyptair.com/en/Book/Pages/my-reservations.aspx

Since it was wakanow then wakanow will have to correct from their because they are the one who issued the ticket for him on behalf of EygptAir

LagosismyHome:

Cool ...... Egypair also in Abuja so if Waka now cannot correct (but they should) then here you go . Best to go in person

Address The Capital Hub Center Plot 272, Ahmadu Bello Way Banex – Gwarimpa Expressway Mabushi - Abuja
Phone
Reservation:
+23 48 18888 0883
+23 48 18888 0884
Email Address: abuja_dm@egyptair.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
Walspring:

She need to prayer confess her sin to the next VO because am sure when she went for the B1/B2 she told them the duration she is going to stay but she stayed more than that and automatically she lied and deceived the VO who interviewed her then and i believe they always want honest and truth when applying
lolz. Walspring naso nigerians dey do but i have seen a guy with same problem but he later travel. I will advice her to wait for some time and apply again for b1/b2 visa. If she go for f1 again it might be the same result.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
cuspy:

Exactly o. Only God or some massive revolution against the government can save us.

Lol... But who want to lead when there are people who will stab those who will lead at the back.

Make God do the revolution for us and that's what we are waiting for grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

haba life abroad is not easy for everyone....... Do you know the other load the Uncle might be carrying . Also DHL is no where near $20... it more like $100 plus to Nigeria

Lol.. I just hope its not evil load

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.