Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695541 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2017
deeMarc:

Lol....well, I just want you to know that no matter how American you want to be,you'll always be a Nigerian. The fact that you're on this forum speaks much and not with your fellow Americans who are willing to work hand in hand and take criticisms to do better.
And stop this your attitude of making assumptions and generalisations that all Nigerians are the same and that Nigeria is irredeemable.
Lastly,keep doing your best in building the US to the best of your abilities but always remember that you will always be a Nigerian. No matter what you keep telling yourself or what your passport is telling you.
Peace out to be a silent and observant follower of this great thread.
Big S/O to those helping people here night and day. You know yourselves. God bless.
Nicely said mate

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2017
Tunnyz:

Prayer is the master key to ALL DOORS

Prayer is the only thing the devil can not do because he doesn't have who he can pray to

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2017
opemide007:

My passport was taken from me by a woman @the 1st desk this morning
I got to Lagos yesterday @ around 8pm, took a bus to Obalende and trekked to Igbosere/Lewis street to get a cheap hotel. Fortunately I got one @ Harley Street for 3.5k(Semi-Ramis Hotel),the room was with AC. Fast forward to this morning....woke up around 4am.....i was out of the hotel by 4:45am...took a bike to Bonny camp for 0.2k
Got to the embassy around 5.05am. The CGI guy came to sort the 6:30am and I was the first on the queue!

I was screened to the CGI table but alas my name wasn't on the manifest, I sha lost my first position(I knew God knew about it)...I was later sorted into the power house. My fingerprint scanned and I assumed my position on the queue to be interviewed. The woman that took my fingerprint scan later switched her position for the interview section which and I happened by favour to be on her desk

VO: Tell me about the program
Me: I'll be going to WIU to have my MSc in Health Sciences with Conc in Health education and prevention. I'll be focusing my study on cancer education and prevention to reduce cancer mortality in Nigeria.
VO: why WIU?
Me: WIU is the best midwestern university and i'll also be privileged to work with erudite researchers in the field of oncology care to have a great insight into my field of study
VO: who'll be sponsoring your study?
Me: my father
The woman just gave me the white paper and seized my passport.

Twas God that did it...I found favour, mercy and kindness.

Thanks to everyone on this trend especially Madam Lagosismyhome and Sir Akins2016, both gave a good critique of my transcripts. I won't forget Texrem too who helped with mock interview. God bless you all.

I'm always available to help others too. Thanks

You are funny, she didn't sieze your passport and don't you know that it's inside you passport they will stamp your visa?

Abi you think say nah white paper or print out letter on US embassy letter head paper be the visa

Don't worry you will get your passport back new week and expect mail or text message from them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Justicr: 9:23am On Jun 10, 2017
What is the punishment for not uploading passport photograph to your ds-160 and you have submitted your application and booked appointment with the number ds-160? C.C.... texrem, feminine and everybodyhelp me out here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeycrack24: 9:28am On Jun 10, 2017
please I need a link for a good SAT thread. Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2017
sojax2cool:

I suspect you are saying different thing compare to What you fill in your d160 form online. Like What you do in your place of work, where u work,or also the relationship of your current task at work to your choice of course for masters degree. Try to prepare very well and pray. Prayer can never be left out.

OK, I will.
Thank you and God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Justicr: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2017
What is the punishment for not uploading a passport photograph to your ds-160 application and you have submitted and scheduled appointment?
I'm asking because of the ds-160 form I printed out it says I should come with 5cm by 5cm passport photograph and on the confirmation of appointment printed out says effective immediately if you do not upload passport photograph you will be turned back and ask to reshedule your appointment. Please people help me out here I do not want to be disappointed and I do not know what to follow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2017
deeMarc:

Lol....well, I just want you to know that no matter how American you want to be,you'll always be a Nigerian. The fact that you're on this forum speaks much and not with your fellow Americans who are willing to work hand in hand and take criticisms to do better.
And stop this your attitude of making assumptions and generalisations that all Nigerians are the same and that Nigeria is irredeemable.
Lastly,keep doing your best in building the US to the best of your abilities but always remember that you will always be a Nigerian. No matter what you keep telling yourself or what your passport is telling you.
Peace out to be a silent and observant follower of this great thread.
Big S/O to those helping people here night and day. You know yourselves. God bless.

This is so on point!
One day something will hit that man that he will run to Nigeria and start blessing what he has already castigate

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 9:54am On Jun 10, 2017
Justicr:
What is the punishment for not uploading a passport photograph to your ds-160 application and you have submitted and scheduled appointment?
I'm asking because of the ds-160 form I printed out it says I should come with 5cm by 5cm passport photograph and on the confirmation of appointment printed out says effective immediately if you do not upload passport photograph you will be turned back and ask to reshedule your appointment. Please people help me out here I do not want to be disappointed and I do not know what to follow.

There is no punishment except that you'll be turned back at the embassy and go reschedule appointment when you have uploaded your passport on your ds160 online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 9:55am On Jun 10, 2017
Justicr:
What is the punishment for not uploading passport photograph to your ds-160 and you have submitted your application and booked appointment with the number ds-160? C.C.... texrem, feminine and everybodyhelp me out here

10 lashes of koboko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 9:57am On Jun 10, 2017
omoluabiguy:

There is no punishment except that you'll be turned back at the embassy and go reschedule appointment when you have uploaded your passport on your ds160 online.

Ah! that's not true, he should just go along with a passport photograph and make sure it's printed in the standard required size.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 10:00am On Jun 10, 2017
sobastical:

Maka why?

leave my brother jor biko nu
Man must leave for obodoyinbo. any which way jare
grin grin don't mind me jare I was just following the footsteps of detective LagosIsMyHome wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 10:03am On Jun 10, 2017
Teedawg:

grin grin don't mind me jare I was just following the footsteps of detective LagosIsMyHome wink

Oh I see
You're now a Sergent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2017
boykas:

Don't understand.. How possible can I send my international passport to her.. You mean my original passport.. Haa.. How will she write my visa on top..
No be mugu or gf.. She's just a friend..
Thanks
you know its not possible to send your international passport to her but yet you asked?
a female black American means you haven't met her b4, and she's just a friend ? why will a young man spend so much to go visit a friend you haven't met b4 something must me attached.
now are you married or have a family if yes then does your wife approve of this? now try explaining all this to a Vo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 10:20am On Jun 10, 2017
Walspring:

Prayer is the only thing the devil can not do because he doesn't have who he can pray to
Power of prayer cannot and will never be overemphasized.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2017
sobastical:

Ah! that's not true, he should just go along with a passport photograph and make sure it's printed in the standard required size.
No he must upload and still take 1 hard copy along
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Talliusceciro12: 10:29am On Jun 10, 2017
Hello, please the collection paper is just a letter with no number.so how will they recognise me for my passport collection.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2017
sobastical:

Oh I see You're now a Sergent!
whistle blower grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2017
sobastical:

No you are wrong. You must be outdated on the US embassy's rule. He will be turned back if he didn't upload his passport photograph. Please stop giving wrong information
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adey2014: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2017
everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. on the contrary if we really take a deep look at our countries and compare with many other countries who are not as religiously inclined as we are. we realise we are far from where we should be. can we call politicians or public office holders who say prayers before holding meetings where they usurp our funds religious?. the reality is that if u find yourself in this thread, its either u have aspirations to leave the country or u want someone u care about to leave. if am to get twoods right, maybe he was saying if we channeled some of the energies we put into prayers into actually doing something productive, then our country wud be better than it is. prayer is key because we are religious but hardwork is also as important as prayer.even the bible says the same in james 2vs 14

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2017
Tunnyz:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:11am On Jun 10, 2017
Talliusceciro12:
Hello, please the collection paper is just a letter with no number.so how will they recognise me for my passport collection. And I don't have a valid id can I go there with a photocopy?
Thanks

Side eyes to those who come here and be asking questions but then dont share transcript

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2017
Dominic147:

Thanks for.the response. U picked it up with ur transcript right? Cos I'm in this scenario too but my passport is.still at the embassy.

Side eyes to those who come here and be asking questions but then dont share transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2017
Tunnyz:

Really Cos I just filled one recently and I was passed to submit telling to bring hardcopy.

So I will need to refill and get the picture uploaded?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2017
omoluabiguy:

No you are wrong. You must be outdated on the US embassy's rule. He will be turned back if he didn't upload his passport photograph. Please stop giving wrong information

When. did they implement that? As at December I was passed without uploading though I went with enough hardcopy of passport, and I just fill another one lately and didn't upload too

So what's happening
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:32am On Jun 10, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Honestly, it bog my heart seeing monikers from blue saying they are silent followers and got visa

Haba! If everyone is a silent or playing mute then Mr seun or justwise would have scrap this thread long ago.

I hereby summon Sergent Tunnyz to start arresting anyone that say that he's a silent follower now...kosi time fun iranu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.