Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695499 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
Whether you're throwing shades or whatever, if you can't pray or if you believe your prayers ain't yielding desired results you shouldn't be a catalyst for making others to relent in theirs. Cross is per head biko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by boykas(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evening guys.. I need your advice and suggestions.. I have a black America friend and she wants to help me with visa. So I need to how to go about it. Cuz she has never done any thing like before and she needs to be enlighten.. Will she send me an invitation letter or just send my international passport to her..

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
Tunnyz:
Whether you're throwing shades or whatever, if you can't pray or if you believe your prayers ain't yielding desired results you shouldn't be a catalyst for making others to relent in theirs. Cross is per head biko

You can never over pray but under pray #DKO quote

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2017
boykas:

I will have to do IELT then or Gre. On Sat.. I knew I won't be using it again.. What about my Sevis fee..
Sevis fee is after you've secured admission sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
boykas:
Evening guys.. I need your advice and suggestions.. I have a black America friend and she wants to help me with visa. So I need to how to go about it. Cuz she has never done any thing like before and she needs to be enlighten.. Will she send me an invitation letter or just send my international passport to her..

Thanks
It depends on the category of visa. If it's b1b2 visa she doesn't need to send invitation and you are not to send your passport to her sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
Walspring:

You can never over pray but under pray #DKO quote
Prayer is the master key to ALL DOORS

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tomisinobm(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
deeMarc:

Lol...typical Nigerian, always stand aside to castigate and point out our problems but never do anything to salvage the situation.
Funny how you listed all those things above without mentioning that their young able bodied men like you didn't leave the country then for a greener pasture and at the same time hoping those left behind would be busy inventing electricity,oil,nuclear energy and automobiles.
Why didn't you leave America for Nigeria after your studies to contribute your own quota to the country? Were you born in America? What have you done to help Nigeria be a better country like the country you are in?
You once posted here that you've both American and British citizenship,so I'm asking you this, while those people were developing their country,were they looking for other nationals citenzenship here and there.
I see you as someone who has this holier than thou attitude, egocentric and ...
Don't come here to be the type of Nigerians that rant online while enjoying the comfort of America. If you're so pained and so bothered about Nigeria, there's nothing stopping you from booking the next available flight to Nigeria and let's build the nation together to be a better place for us all to dwell in, since our leaders have failed us,keep failing us and will always fail us .

Spot in!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
boykas:

Thanks
send your international passport to her She'll write the visa untop grin grin
black America ? issoryte
friend or gf or mugu which one?
i dey suspect you oh no offense

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
this one just weak me
Teedawg:

black America ? issoryte
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by opemide007(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2017
My passport was taken from me by a woman @the 1st desk this morning
I got to Lagos yesterday @ around 8pm, took a bus to Obalende and trekked to Igbosere/Lewis street to get a cheap hotel. Fortunately I got one @ Harley Street for 3.5k(Semi-Ramis Hotel),the room was with AC. Fast forward to this morning....woke up around 4am.....i was out of the hotel by 4:45am...took a bike to Bonny camp for 0.2k
Got to the embassy around 5.05am. The CGI guy came to sort the 6:30am and I was the first on the queue!

I was screened to the CGI table but alas my name wasn't on the manifest, I sha lost my first position(I knew God knew about it)...I was later sorted into the power house. My fingerprint scanned and I assumed my position on the queue to be interviewed. The woman that took my fingerprint scan later switched her position for the interview section which and I happened by favour to be on her desk

VO: Tell me about the program
Me: I'll be going to WIU to have my MSc in Health Sciences with Conc in Health education and prevention. I'll be focusing my study on cancer education and prevention to reduce cancer mortality in Nigeria.
VO: why WIU?
Me: WIU is the best midwestern university and i'll also be privileged to work with erudite researchers in the field of oncology care to have a great insight into my field of study
VO: who'll be sponsoring your study?
Me: my father
The woman just gave me the white paper and seized my passport.

Twas God that did it...I found favour, mercy and kindness.

Thanks to everyone on this trend especially Madam Lagosismyhome and Sir Akins2016, both gave a good critique of my transcripts. I won't forget Texrem too who helped with mock interview. God bless you all.

I'm always available to help others too. Thanks

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Drocks: 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
Tunnyz:

It depends on the category of visa. If it's b1b2 visa she doesn't need to send invitation and you are not to send your passport to her sir
for b1b2 she needs to send him an invitation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
Tunnyz:

Confirm! Don't be a stumbling block to. others
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
Teedawg:
send your international passport to her She'll write the visa untop grin grin black America ? issoryte friend or gf or mugu which one? i dey suspect you oh no offense
Maka why?
leave my brother jor biko nu Man must leave for obodoyinbo. any which way jare

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 12:11am On Jun 10, 2017
Drocks:
for b1b2 she needs to send him an invitation.
He doesn't need sir... They'll even tell you at the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 12:13am On Jun 10, 2017
sobastical:

Confirm! Don't be a stumbling block to. others
That's just it bro...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 12:19am On Jun 10, 2017
cseejhay:

Awon Mummy....Congrats!
Thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by thacokeboy: 12:27am On Jun 10, 2017
deeMarc:

Lol...typical Nigerian, always stand aside to castigate and point out our problems but never do anything to salvage the situation.
Funny how you listed all those things above without mentioning that their young able bodied men like you didn't leave the country then for a greener pasture and at the same time hoping those left behind would be busy inventing electricity,oil,nuclear energy and automobiles.
Why didn't you leave America for Nigeria after your studies to contribute your own quota to the country? Were you born in America? What have you done to help Nigeria be a better country like the country you are in?
You once posted here that you've both American and British citizenship,so I'm asking you this, while those people were developing their country,were they looking for other nationals citenzenship here and there.
Don't come here to be the type of Nigerians that rant online while enjoying the comfort of America. If you're so pained and so bothered about Nigeria, there's nothing stopping you from booking the next available flight to Nigeria and let's build the nation together to be a better place for us all to dwell in, since our leaders have failed us,keep failing us and will always fail us .
can't stop laughing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 1:05am On Jun 10, 2017
deeMarc:

It would be virtually impossible for you and I to "build Nigeria together". If you were busy doing that, you would not be on this very thread. In addition... we cannot build a country together with people who feel that Nigeria cannot be criticized. It appears you have not done a good job at building, if you tried at all... i'm doing my best at building the US... because i find fellow Americans willing to work hand in hand with me, who are able to take criticism as a way to do better. Do what you can for your country and i wish you good luck while at it.

Just a note:
Your leaders have not failed you. They are simply a product of a failed society. You would do no better than them. I stopped complaining about leaders when i spent a bit of time reading posts here. Their attitude is just about the same as yours.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2017
Tunnyz:

This is absolutely not true... If you don't believe in prayers allow those that believe in it to pray.. .This is a public space and we should mind wah we say

I believe in prayer... the bible way, not the Nigerian way. That is the simple difference.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 1:18am On Jun 10, 2017
congratulations,

i pray for such success transcript in my interview too

michael1385:
visa approved this morning.
I had my Interview this morning at the Lagos Embassy 7.00am.

transcript below:
me: Good morning
Vo: Good morning,ur I-20 n SEVIS FEE
me: I obliged
Vo: why are u going to the united state
me: i am going for my m.sc in physics at WIU
vo: How did you hear about the school
me I did extensive research online and I was able to get 10 schools that offer my course but applied to 3schools that match my academic profile.
Vo: which schools?
me: North Dakota state University, western Illinois University, n Stevens institute of technology.
vo: why wiu?
me: their tuition fees is low compare to others n also there is ongoing research in d department by Prof.Kapale which align with my area of interest.
vo:what is your career goal?
me: I aspire to be a lecturer
vo: what is your highest qualification?
me: B.sc physics
Vo: state 2nd law of motion?
me: the rate of change of momentum is directly proportional to the force applied and takes place in the direction in which the force act. From d law we deduce f=ma.
Vo:which standardized exam did u write?
me: I did Ielts
Vo: what of GRE?
me: I didn't do because the 3schoools I applied to only requested for my transcript, 3 letter of recommendation n SOP....n 2 has already given me admission waiting for the last one.
Vo: I will be approving ur visa.

I really appreciate everyone on dis forum...you have been wonderful. It is God grace.

More success story in Jesus name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 1:22am On Jun 10, 2017
TWoods:

I believe in prayer... the bible way, not the Nigerian way. That is the simple difference.
Well it's good if you believe in prayer and the Bible says work n pray. It didn't say work n don't pray or pray and don't work. We have to work towards our goals and back it up with prayers

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 2:09am On Jun 10, 2017
I got a denied visa @lagos embassy on the 21th April , the transcript goes thus;

VO: Good morning(a female at the last window, i cant remember the win no.)
VO: pass me your passport and i20
me: i gave it out to her
VO: why are you going to the US?
me. i am going to the US for my master program at Bridgeport University Connecticut
VO: why MBA?
me: i currently work with the finance department @....ltd and part of what i do is to monitor the inflow of transaction made which i related to the course i will offerring at UB . My pursue of MBA would enhance my set skills by providing me the needed technical, leadership and analytical skills. this is believe will give me a competitive advantage when i return to my place of work.
VO: where do you work?
me i work at ....ltd
VO: what do you do?
me: i keep the records of daily, weekly and monthly transactions
i prepare the company monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement.
VO: wasnt listening but typing, ok ok, i will not be approving your visa today, the reasons are in this paper(blue)
me: i was so disappointed that i dont know how i got out of her sight,

please comment and dig out my errors.
i was not privilege to have information about this great platform b4 i went for the interview. although i prepared with some google likely
questions.
i should resume in August,
i am planning to go for the interview again this month(june) or early july (i have paid another visa fee). b4 i go again please kindly help.

should you wish to help me in person please send me a mail via : phdmscbsc@gmail.com

I WANT TO SHARE APPROVED TRANSCRIPT TOO.
regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sputos(m): 4:11am On Jun 10, 2017
i appreciate your comment but do not agree to every detail. I know most Nigerians depend so much on prayer...person wey no get CV and him dey look for work, all he does is go for night vigil, That job will never come. i have seen so many people prepare hard for interviews and the VO will ask them the simplest of questions....I was amazed to see someone's transcript with the question "What is the 2nd law of Motion". My brother, in this situation , na this guy prayer work . One should prepare well and pray to God that the question VO ask is what you know. All of us who got visa did not know everything. we were only lucky we were asked what we know...thats where prayer comes in......During my interview, i was asked just one major question and it was a question i was well prepared for.. cool

TWoods:

cheesy cheesy cheesy You can pray from now till tomorrow, it will have no impact on a US VO if you are not qualified for the visa. If it was by prayer, every member of winners chapel, mountain of fire and redeemed would be US citizens today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by boykas(m): 5:03am On Jun 10, 2017
Teedawg:

black America ? issoryte

Don't understand.. How possible can I send my international passport to her.. You mean my original passport.. Haa.. How will she write my visa on top..
No be mugu or gf.. She's just a friend..
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by boykas(m): 5:20am On Jun 10, 2017
Tunnyz:

Thanks sir, how will she get on the process.. Will she go to the Nigeria embassy in the United States.. Pls expatiate on it.. Thank you again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djmakson(m): 5:52am On Jun 10, 2017
There is NO LIMIT to what you can achieve if you can work hard for it and make yourself stand out. I'm proud of this Nigerian guy 'repping'.====>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5tz7HaifiY&feature=share

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Dominic147(m): 6:17am On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=Mitchely post=57302948]Visa Approved yesterday. Transcript goes thus.. ...

Vo good morning
Me good morning mam

Vo can I have your passport and I-20
Me went blank temporarily and forgot which Form was that and was giving her my ds confirmation

Vo no your i20
Me started flipping through looking for i20 (already panicking)

Vo The one with an F1
Me OK, sorry mam, quickly produced it(in my head that Form is an F1 form)

Vo How did you hear of this school
Me I did an intensive search online using sites like usnews, princeton review to narrow down to Schools offering PhD in electrical and electronic engineering, then consulted websites of such schools and found wsu to have an ongoing research in my field of interest.

Vo Do you have a letter for your scholarship
Me yes I do mam, produced it

Vo Can I see your academic transcripts
Me yes mam, produced both

Vo Did you take the GRE
Me yes mam

Vo what was your score
Me I had 307 (forgot to mention the writing)

Vo Are you married
Me yes mam

Vo Any kids
Me yes mam, have a 1 year 6months old daughter

Vo are they coming with you
Me no mam

Vo what does your wife do
Me she works with a govt parastatal, and about to start her Masters program over here

Vo so who will look after your daughter
Me we have a cousin staying with us that helps with that

Vo When did you finish Masters and what have you been doing since
Me finished in 2014 and been lecturing since

Vo do you have any specialization in electrical engineering
Me yes mam, my field of specialization is mobile communication and networking.

Vo OK, everything looks good. I will hold onto these (my scholarship letter and transcripts) for verification. Hold onto your i-20, you will need it at the point of entry.

Good.morning mitchely did the vo tells u when ur passport will be ready for collection?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 6:24am On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=Dominic147 post=57370124][/quote] No, she did not. But it was ready by end of the next day. Interviewed Wednesday, ready for pickup Thursday evening.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Dominic147(m): 7:15am On Jun 10, 2017
Mitchely:
No, she did not. But it was ready by end of the next day. Interviewed Wednesday, ready for pickup Thursday evening.

Thanks for.the response. U picked it up with ur transcript right? Cos I'm in this scenario too but my passport is.still at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sojax2cool(m): 7:19am On Jun 10, 2017
phdmscbsc:

I got a denied visa @lagos embassy on the 21th April , the transcript goes thus;

VO: Good morning(a female at the last window, i cant remember the win no.)
VO: pass me your passport and i20
me: i gave it out to her
VO: why are you going to the US?
me. i am going to the US for my master program at Bridgeport University Connecticut
VO: why MBA?
me: i currently work with the finance department @....ltd and part of what i do is to monitor the inflow of transaction made which i related to the course i will offerring at UB . My pursue of MBA would enhance my set skills by providing me the needed technical, leadership and analytical skills. this is believe will give me a competitive advantage when i return to my place of work.
VO: where do you work?
me i work at ....ltd
VO: what do you do?
me: i keep the records of daily, weekly and monthly transactions
i prepare the company monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement.
VO: wasnt listening but typing, ok ok, i will not be approving your visa today, the reasons are in this paper(blue)
me: i was so disappointed that i dont know how i got out of her sight,

please comment and dig out my errors.
i was not privilege to have information about this great platform b4 i went for the interview. although i prepared with some google likely
questions.
i should resume in August,
i am planning to go for the interview again this month(june) or early july (i have paid another visa fee). b4 i go again please kindly help.

should you wish to help me in person please send me a mail via : phdmscbsc@gmail.com

I WANT TO SHARE APPROVED TRANSCRIPT TOO.
regards.
I suspect you are saying different thing compare to What you fill in your d160 form online. Like What you do in your place of work, where u work,or also the relationship of your current task at work to your choice of course for masters degree. Try to prepare very well and pray. Prayer can never be left out.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 7:26am On Jun 10, 2017
Dominic147:

Thanks for.the response. U picked it up with ur transcript right? Cos I'm in this scenario too but my passport is.still at the embassy.
The sponsor letter and transcripts were not returned. I understand your worry, hope all goes well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 10, 2017
TWoods:

It would be virtually impossible for you and I to "build Nigeria together". If you were busy doing that, you would not be on this very thread. In addition... we cannot build a country together with people who feel that Nigeria cannot be criticized. It appears you have not done a good job at building, if you tried at all... i'm doing my best at building the US... because i find fellow Americans willing to work hand in hand with me, who are able to take criticism as a way to do better. Do what you can for your country and i wish you good luck while at it.

Just a note:
Your leaders have not failed you. They are simply a product of a failed society. You would do no better than them. I stopped complaining about leaders when i spent a bit of time reading posts here. Their attitude is just about the same as yours.

Lol....well, I just want you to know that no matter how American you want to be,you'll always be a Nigerian. The fact that you're on this forum speaks much and not with your fellow Americans who are willing to work hand in hand and take criticisms to do better.
And stop this your attitude of making assumptions and generalisations that all Nigerians are the same and that Nigeria is irredeemable.
Lastly,keep doing your best in building the US to the best of your abilities but always remember that you will always be a Nigerian. No matter what you keep telling yourself or what your passport is telling you.
Peace out to be a silent and observant follower of this great thread.
Big S/O to those helping people here night and day. You know yourselves. God bless.

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.