Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,621 members, 7,809,290 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693398 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Observer25: 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Finally i dont feel like the only oldie in embassy waka that strolls in here ....wave from a fellow 2004 cheesy

Upon all that essay, I still didn't go back. Now a doctor here.
Anyway, taking notes here to help couple of my friends who are interested in pursuing the american dream as well. Been long..so I need to get used to the process again.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chinemomah2020(m): 8:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
texrem:

Me: Goodmorning Ma
VO: NO answer

Me Goodmorning ma(with a smile)
VO: Goodmorning, can i have your documents. (look into my i20, sevis, confirmation page)

VO: OMG! this is perfectly arranged, did you arrange all this by yourself?
Me: Yes Ma, I did. I replied with a stunning smile. (Remembering my texrem words: Maintain eye contact, be audible and smile)

VO: ETSU?
VO: Nice

VO: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: My Mum

VO: What does she do?
Me: She's a contractor...........

VO: I will be approving ur visa.
Me: Thank you.

I thank God first and foremost. Thanks to Texrem my blood for the confidence he instilled in me, and all the gurus in the house. You guys are wonderful! I remain the biggest silent follower.

Wooo.. this is the best transcript have ever seen since the existence of American embassy grin.. you carried undisputed grace.. keeping enjoying your the grace. I tap into your Anointed grace.. enjoy your visa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
chinemomah2020
Pls, use the quote button and edit.. You coming off as annoying when you keep doing that.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by drhopeful: 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
rattlesnake:

NO VISA OFFICER WILL SAY OMG! ITS AN HYPERBOLE OR EXXAGERATION OR AN ILLUSION

CONGRATS SHA! cheesy
What is the difference between 'OMG' and 'Wow'? I am asking because I got 'Wow' a couple of times during my interview. Or would you say mine was fake as well? As you were not the VO, I think it's wrong to rubbish someone's transcript. If you are not convinced, ignore and move on.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by drhopeful: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
Congrats @seeker88 and all successful visa applicants!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by rattlesnake(m): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2017
drhopeful:
What is the difference between 'OMG' and 'Wow'? I am asking because I got 'Wow' a couple of times during my interview. Or would you say mine was fake as well? As you were not the VO, I think it's wrong to rubbish someone's transcript. If you are not convinced, ignore and move on.

Must i believe anything people type
is this the ONLY TRANSCRIPT here?
This is an OPEN FORUM

If i don't believe something i say it
I don't know "HER" so am not insulting anyone

We are all AVATARS here

stop being over emotional over nothing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by VisaOfficer: 10:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
chinemomah2020:
texrem:

Me: Yes Ma, I did. I replied with a stunning smile. (Remembering my texrem words: Maintain eye contact, be audible and smile)

I won't comment as to whether or not a Consular Officer will say, "OMG!", but I will say that we do not expect nor want documents arranged in any way. When you approach the window, you should hand over your international passport, I-20, and SEVIS receipt. The order does not matter.

Regards,
VO

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
rattlesnake:

CONGRATS SHA! cheesy
Believe it or not. I know someone a visa officer told "everything you said is rubbish and doesn't make sense, but I'll be approving your visa". This is someone I know very well. So you can't predict a VO nor his/her mood. But OMG tho grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by towbaynah(m): 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
VisaOfficer:

I won't comment as to whether or not a Consular Officer will say, "OMG!", but I will say that we do not expect nor want documents arranged in any way. When you approach the window, you should hand over your international passport, I-20, and SEVIS receipt. The order does not matter.

Regards,
VO

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
People have been correcting you on how to quote someone.Take note na.

chinemomah2020:
texrem:

Me: Goodmorning Ma
VO: NO answer

Me Goodmorning ma(with a smile)
VO: Goodmorning, can i have your documents. (look into my i20, sevis, confirmation page)

VO: ETSU?
VO: Nice

VO: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: My Mum

VO: What does she do?
Me: She's a contractor...........

VO: I will be approving ur visa.
Me: Thank you.

I thank God first and foremost. Thanks to Texrem my blood for the confidence he instilled in me, and all the gurus in the house. You guys are wonderful! I remain the biggest silent follower.

Wooo.. this is the best transcript have ever seen since the existence of American embassy grin.. you carried undisputed grace.. keeping enjoying your the grace. I tap into your Anointed grace.. enjoy your visa!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by rattlesnake(m): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Regards,
VO

OMG! You know Dr xxxxxxx he was my supervisor
OMG! You are too smart for your age
OMG! At 19 you are going for PHD? congrats
OMG! You got full scholarship form 5 IVY league schools you must be a genius

but

OMG! See how you arranged your document....haba when no be say na Pension verification exercise you went for cmon cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
texrem:

Thank you for the response. I will never quote him again.

Baba, you don't need to reply everything.. we just claim to know it all, as if we're the vo .. how can you say a transcript is fake when you weren't there, if you feel it's fake, just pass by.. ignore.. there's nothing difficult in ignoring.. I see some peoples reply here and at times I feel like replying esp when they're rude about the whole situation.. but I simply ignore ... biko let's learn to talk and correct with love, I believe we're one big family..

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
neurosci:

I just weak as I dey read that thing. People pray more than that and still get denied. If he'd follow that route, I'd rather he asks for direction from God whilst amending loopholes.

You know no man can receive anything unless it's given unto from above. If an individual ain't destined to travel, no matter how many degree(s) s(he) acquire and no matter how s(he) is qualified for a visa s(he) won't get it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by frankie2K(m): 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=gaviria post=57706766]
Believe it or not. I know someone a visa officer told "everything you said is rubbish and doesn't make sense, but" I'll BE APPROVING YOUR VISA". This is someone I know very well. So you can't predict a VO nor his/her mood. But OMG tho grin[/quote

I claim it in JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OjaP: 11:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
Prospective PhD Applicants:

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville just initiated a Doctor of Philosophy of Data Science and Engineering (DSE). This PhD program is interdisciplinary for lovers of big data, statistics, supercomputers, modeling, engineering, etc. One of the perks is that you get to use those supercomputers at ORNL and also have those research scientists at ORNL as mentors or research advisers. I would think that their admission decisons would be flexible since this would be their first. Technical people considering a Ph.D. in the following research areas should take advantage:

Health and Biological Sciences
Advanced Manufacturing
Materials Science
Environmental and Climate Science
Transportation Science
National Security
Urban Systems Science

The program provides an annual stipend of up to $30,000, a tuition waiver, and health insurance for PhD candidates pursuing research in one of the areas mentioned above.

Good luck!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 12:10am On Jun 21, 2017
teamf:
Kirusky4life :
Good day beautiful people. please am a newbie to this thread. I wish to apply for MSC in computer science or information technology at US university. but am not certain of any school that will offer me Msc direct with HND certificate. please anyone with an idea of a school I can apply with my HND? Any help or idea will be appreciated immensely. Thanks all

my advise for you is to apply for bachelor's degree No standard university in US will accept your HND.
Note- I finished from MAPOLY

As much as you wish to help someone, i suggest you be 100% sure of your information before feeding people with it. Though your intention seem positive, . As for the question; "CAN I GET ADMITTED WITH A HND FROM A NIGERIAN POLYTECHNIC, BY A USA UNIVERSITY INTO A MASTERS PROGRAM".....The answer is a YES and as a matter of fact, you can even get full funding or a GA that covers your fee in part or in full, with monthly stipend that comes with it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by riskyjay777: 12:23am On Jun 21, 2017
Kennyanderson
Have you gone for your interview? I also applied for financial economics at Bowling Green state university, Ohio fall semester. Pls try to gey back to m
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 12:27am On Jun 21, 2017
Kirusky4life:
Good day beautiful people. please am a newbie to this thread. I wish to apply for MSC in computer science or information technology at US university. but am not certain of any school that will offer me Msc direct with HND certificate. please anyone with an idea of a school I can apply with my HND? Any help or idea will be appreciated immensely. Thanks all

YES, YES, YES you can apply and get admitted into a graduate program with a HND degree from a Nigerian polytechnic, and can even get some level of funding or GA. On the names of schools that can admit you, the 4000+ institutions in the USA are a possibilty, depending on your profile and entire application. If you wish u can PM me or ask further questions. will be glad to answer those ones i am very sure of.I hope this helps you. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:54am On Jun 21, 2017
uchris180:
Hi guys! Is it possible to have Co-sponsors? For example my Mum & my Uncle. What do you think the VO will say about that??

Yes very possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 1:28am On Jun 21, 2017
OjaP:
Prospective PhD Applicants:

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville just initiated a Doctor of Philosophy of Data Science and Engineering (DSE). This PhD program is interdisciplinary for lovers of big data, statistics, supercomputers, modeling, engineering, etc. One of the perks is that you get to use those supercomputers at ORNL and also have those research scientists at ORNL as mentors or research advisers. I would think that their admission decisons would be flexible since this would be their first. Technical people considering a Ph.D. in the following research areas should take advantage:

Health and Biological Sciences
Advanced Manufacturing
Materials Science
Environmental and Climate Science
Transportation Science
National Security
Urban Systems Science

The program provides an annual stipend of up to $30,000, a tuition waiver, and health insurance for PhD candidates pursuing research in one of the areas mentioned above.

Good luck!!

How far Ojap? Please, reply my PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by wissy47: 1:32am On Jun 21, 2017
rattlesnake:

CONGRATS SHA! cheesy
Oga common Shut up there, so when you become VO to know Weitin dem suppose talk, Na waoo!!! you go wan just attack person for fun, but come to think am self, if the transcript na fake how e take affect you, na you wan pay her flight? abi you give visa money?, oh I see abi the approval shock you, my brother na Grace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by exxy(m): 1:53am On Jun 21, 2017
Any Body from San Fransisco Area ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 2:08am On Jun 21, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Someone just compiled all transcripts last week.... saw the link posted here ...

log1:

Yes but it was for just Part 11.

I'm half way done with the ids

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 2:10am On Jun 21, 2017
LagosismyHome:

i looked at it briefly and it was 70 pages long grin

Na wa....70 pages and its only part 11 shocked ...nobody won stay naija again cool

I think this is why sticking with ids is better. Then anyone that needs it can locate each transcript from the profile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 2:14am On Jun 21, 2017
biikeys:

Hmm..that'll take a whole lot of time...a lot of those profiles probably got deactivated already. BTW I remember when justwise created part 2 and you thought it was a bad idea grin

Yea. Now I know it's a brilliant idea breaking the thread since it's going forever.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigwizzy001(m): 2:14am On Jun 21, 2017
Dot1:

3.16 cgpa is not bad especially when converted to a scale of 4.0. Some schools actually take 2.75/4.0, maybe you would need to do more searching.

Since you are going for masters I would suggest you take GRE and/or TOEFL/IELTS. Try and ace the 2, get good recommendations and write a good SOP. Application packages are assessed holistically.

If you should apply for spring depends on how far you are in the process. If you already took the above tests, you might give it a shot others think of another semester. Good luck

Thanks so much for the swift reply but I believe some schools do not require GRE /TOELF or any other standardised test as a prerequisite for admission. Can't I just apply to those ones to save cost and time in as much as my CGPA of 3.16 isn't bad(as u stated above) or are there any special reasons?

That aside, I've still not understood something o. Must I take this standardized test before I can be entitled to scholarship /waiver and the likes? Please enlighten me more as I will like to get scholarship either full ride or part?
Thanks once again...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigwizzy001(m): 2:22am On Jun 21, 2017
femi321:
1) Yes but you need to write GRE to increase your chances. You also need to write a good SOP and get good LOR. 2) You can meet up but you dont have to rush it, you need to prepare well for GRE, get your application materials together. If you ask me, I believe Fall is better because schools admit more students in Fall.

Thanks bro for this piece.
1. How long does it take to register, write the test and get the result (GRE)?
2. If i start anytime soon, can I still meet up with spring?
3. I don't even know how to write SOP and by the way, is it for the school or the embassy? Please help me clear the air on this too
4. Which one is LOR?
5. if I don't do GRE, can I get scholarship? If yes, how?

Please answer accordingly. Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tayonani: 3:21am On Jun 21, 2017
Good day house, pls I need info on any educational institute I can register my Toefl exam with at cheap prize in Ibadan, and secondary I need info on colleges in d us I can submit application to for my post doctoral in aquaculture management,thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 21, 2017
bigwizzy001:

Thanks bro for this piece.
1. How long does it take to register, write the test and get the result (GRE)?
2. If i start anytime soon, can I still meet up with spring?
3. I don't even know how to write SOP and by the way, is it for the school or the embassy? Please help me clear the air on this too
4. Which one is LOR?
5. if I don't do GRE, can I get scholarship? If yes, how?

Please answer accordingly. Thanks bro
1) You can register for GRE as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 . Proceed to this thread to learn from people's experience about the exam https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/44#39955826
2) Honestly, If I were you I will plan towards Fall 2018, more opportunities open up in Fall because that's the main admission season in the US. However, you can still meet up with spring but everything will be at a rush which doesn't always help you to put in a good application.
3) Nobody knows how to write SOP until they start. It takes about 3weeks-4weeks to write a good worth graduate school SOP, I will upload a good SOP to the link above today or tomorrow. The SOP is just as important as your GRE score and CGPA.
4) In life it is always good to know how to fish than to always ask for fish from a fisherman, learn how to use google for some public knowledge questions. A quick google search would have given you the meaning of LOR. I am not discouraging you from asking questions but always try your best to research about your curiosity first, Infact no excuse for ignorance. LOR is letter of recommendation. Most times, you need 3 LORs from your undergraduate Lecturers.
5) No except you apply to some very low ranked school even at that, your CGPA isn't that great. In summary, go and prepare for GRE to boost your chances of admit and funding. Few things in life are certain, admit and funding isn't one of them but you can only do your part and leave the rest to God.

The following link will help you in chasing your graduate school dream http://graddecision.org/ , www.msinus.com , http://www.msinus.com/content/how-select-universities-ms-us-534/ www.4icu.org

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phawwaz(m): 4:34am On Jun 21, 2017
[quote author=Folsy post=57653403]i'd like to say a very thanks to u guyz.. Part 10 transcript helped alot; especially with reference to answering the question 'Y that school'.. Which I learnt how to answer by using the tips from this platform. I was advised to answer, stating that I was encouraged to attend a certain school by a graduate from the school who is currently utilizing the skills and knowledge he acquired in Nigeria, secondly I also stated research work that's currently been done in my department and my excitement in been part of that.
And above all, thanks to God.

Me: Good morning.. . ( passed my passport and i20 already, didn't wait to be asked)
VO: y ETSU
Me: While working as a medical doctor at INEC, I had the privilege of working with the medical director who happens to be an ETSU graduate hence galvanized me to study public health with a concentration in Epidemiology as he has done and contributed significantly to the reduction in the incidence rate of Child health morbidity and morality. He worked with the current Epidemiology HOD at ETSU in a research titled..
Secondly, EtSu is recognized for it's research skills recognized by its collaboration with John Hopkins University in a reaseach aimed at reducing COPD incidence rate.
(at this point, he had already started typing and I guess approving my visa application )

Congrats but jus so u know three people are actually intwrviewing u 1.the camera when d real interview is not looking at you to see if ur composed
2.the person ur sitting face to face
3.he is typing is questions and your answers to anoda person in US
If two gives u yes u pass b daht

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 4:45am On Jun 21, 2017
Phawwaz

Congrats but jus so u know three people are actually interviewing u 1.the camera when d real interview is not looking at you to see if ur composed
2.the person ur sitting face to face
3.he is typing is questions and your answers to anoda person in US
If two gives u yes u pass b dah
I hope you're joking right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 4:55am On Jun 21, 2017
Today 06/20/2017 at about 12:30 CST, I went to make sevis payment for a friend. On getting to the Western Union agent, I was surprised when he asked if it wasn't a scam after I told him I was to make the payment on behalf of someone in Nigeria.
I explained the whole sevis payment to him but still he wasn't convinced. He asked for my ID and after playing with his computer for some minutes, he told me he couldn't make the payment. I felt embarrassed but I didn't wanna cause a scene, I just walked away and went to another place to make the payment.
I totally understand a lot of "Nigerians" use WU for scam but isn't the coupon and my ID enough proof

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.