Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,061 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696789 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
ABOLORUNKING:

well written, I enjoyed this like fried rice I had to reread it again

To be sure noting is missing out... grin grin..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
Time2Smile:
Hi all. Is there anyone that booked interview recently, what are the available dates please?

Presume this isn't coming late.. Available date from 18th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
NairaSea23:

My madam at the top. I loyal oh. I hope you are doing pretty good? All this U.K. News no near you ba? God has been faithful. Family now with me. Working on changing my wife' status to F1. I need to talk to you ooooh!

Nice one that they are with you...u have done well oo

Uk big , thankfully so as you hear am for Tv na so me too hear am. . Nothing don happen where my leg dey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
Congrats to everyone that got their visa approved in the first half of this year... more testimonies and approvals loading... Safe travel!!

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Adex7: 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
Rheenah:

Lol i pm'd u

Hey Rheenah, sent a pm... want to confirm something about BC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 12:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Okesima24:
Hello All, I'm impressed to find this platform and read some of the success and failures. Indeed it is an eye opener and I wished I had known about this platform before now.
However, I have a serious issue. I had an interview for student visa last week and was denied, but somehow the VO didn't return my passport to me and by the time I found out and asked them to call inside and get it for me I was told it's not there. Pls how can I get it as I am certain she didn't return it to me.
I also plan to reapply as soon as I can find my passport and will be needing your help on how to prepare better and get the visa.
Thank you.
Sorry my response is coming late.

If u have not sorted this out, I'd suggest you first visit the US travel site to track your passport : http://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp
You will need to enter ur passport number in d right place within the web page to track your passport. If the passport is really with them, then you will see the comment "Your passport is still with the US Consulate/Embassy", if not, some other comments will be displayed. You could also check this from your visa scheduling page when you log in.

In addition, you may also want to check your visa status online. I can't get the exact link for visa status checking, u can type something like this on google to get d link "how do I check my US visa status Nigeria "......so with this, you will be sure is visa status is issued, denied, administrative processing, pending, etc.

If the visa status is actually "denied", then you may want to contact the consulate/embassy to directly inquire about the whereabouts of your passport if it was certainly not given to u by the VO.

Please let us know the outcome.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 1:31am On Jul 02, 2017
fairheart:
I am aware that students who have received their I-20 are preparing for visa interview, and that is good. Let your preparation have substance, and be ready to talk as intelligent and cool-headed as much as you can. Know all you need to know about your chosen program, and be ready to say why that program is worth travelling to the US and that "particular school" for. (I hope you didn't pick those yeye programs. Some programs will literally cause your visa rejection; so I hope you chose well?)

Don't talk too much that you forget the need and importance of listening! Listen, and listen and answer accordingly! No go do I sabi all in front of Oyibo oo; no need to rush yourself either, for he/she will knock you down! Just make sure your answers are brief and have substance; give convincing points.

If you have never made straight eye-contacts before, do prepare to do so with the consular.

Dress as a responsible person; don't pretend. The only impression you need to make is that, "I am here to convince you that my application for a US student visa is purely genuine, and I am going to the US to study, and I have what it takes to do just that." Nothing else! If there is anything else, nobody cares. And even if you are applying for the Visa simply to run and never return, do make the impression that you are going for studies.

If you are a man/guy/boy (well, maybe others, you know?) shave two days before your interview. Not a day before it. The two days interval would have helped you look fresh, unlike when you shave yesterday. I recommend professional-looking shirt (tie is not bad if you like wearing tie (and tuck in))-- for MS/PHd Students. For undergraduate, polo, and those cool cloths are fine. I recommend long-sleeve shirt for MS/PHd Students because 1, you are assumed to be in a professional world, and you know how they dress the world over, right? 2, you are assumed to be working (not as a factory worker) but as someone who has gone through undergraduate education and practising his discipline. So, your dress, in my own opinion, says something about you, that you’re a student.

If you are a lady, dress well and avoid super-hot make ups. I always advice ladies to avoid wearing heavy make-ups, gold everywhere ((the interview isn't about what you put on! (If you don’t believe me, wait until you see students with common skirt and blouse get their visa that day). So, wear what fits you and that makes you feel comfortable and confident.

Do not be afraid, for you will experience the very thing you are afraid of. What we fear usually happen. Isn't it?
Watch short videos on You Tube on how to remain calm in situation that arouse emotional tension.
Do not be afraid, I beg you oo.

Other thing I would like to say is that, getting a US visa requires either luck or favour ((both are the same (luck is a worldly term that in our religions we call favour). That is, aside from your preparation)), and it has to do with whether or not it is your time, and if the travelling align with your destiny (now, I am not preaching; I am simply telling you basic philosophy of life, of chasing of dreams and of attaining them).
If you can do dedicated fasting and prayer like a week or so before your interview, for successful visa interview outcome, do so. (This is not a requirement, please! I am not even recommending, as this doesn't guarantee positive visa outcome).

I want to hear your story after the interview, and so, write to me if you want to. Oh, one more thing: first, second or third visa denial is not "permanent denial". Never take a visa rejection for such. One of my best friends was denied 8 times before he got his student visa; he got it the 9th time. He is in the U.S now, hail and happy, and progressing in his pursuit of education and happiness! Another student I handled his admission and visa for MBA last Aug. was also denied twice, before he was later given the third time in Lagos the third time. He literally applied a week between those denials, though that’s because he could muster the financial aspect of it. But imagine this: a second student for MSc I also handled his admission for the same admission term got his visa the first time, after an interview that lasted for less than 2 minutes.
So, if you are denied (let’s hope for the best), there is always a way. Always! But expect successful outcome. Write to me and share your story after the interview!

I wish you good success!
E.
Nice one brother, Watch out for my testimony I Jesus Name,

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 3:08am On Jul 02, 2017
Fine baba, we dey push am. I can't wait to graduate cheesy
NairaSea23:

Wisconsin dey jarie... One year down, one more to go by God' grace. How your end? Hope u are having Summer fun?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rheenah: 3:29am On Jul 02, 2017
Adex7:

Hey Rheenah, sent a pm... want to confirm something about BC

Can you resend it? Im not sure if i saw it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rheenah: 3:35am On Jul 02, 2017
NairaSea23:
Wow... It has Tayed. Greetings to all members of this Big family.

Oh wow. Oga where have you been

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Observer25: 5:23am On Jul 02, 2017
For a 32 yo single female with an upcoming visa interview for grad school, is her marital status
a red flag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Time2Smile(m): 5:31am On Jul 02, 2017
Ardedaryor:

Presume this isn't coming late.. Available date from 18th
Oh thanks, not late at all. Trying to book this week and I would love a July date no later than the 20th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by beejhay69: 7:21am On Jul 02, 2017
phdmscbsc:

lol... no be small thing joor, thats why we are students sha. they are welcome.

share post-visa interview questions/experience here please
Am going for spring brO.....wld def share ma transcripts on the platform.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by moravelu: 7:27am On Jul 02, 2017
Hello House

As a student heading for fall session, Will the cbp at the poe ask u to show evidence that you have made your fee payment either in part or full before stamping you in at JFK?

Please help out here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 8:18am On Jul 02, 2017
Please, how can I get a Form A in any Nigerian bank?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 8:52am On Jul 02, 2017
No! They won't ask you whether or not you have paid your tuition; but they may ask who is sponsoring you and in some cases, ask for your statement. Have some dollars cash in your hand. I recommend Minimum of $500-1000 ( if you have it). You might be asked questions, just prepare to do stage 2 interview at POE. Goodluck and safe journey!
moravelu:
Hello House

As a student heading for fall session, Will the cbp at the poe ask u to show evidence that you have made your fee payment either in part or full before stamping you in at JFK?

Please help out here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 9:00am On Jul 02, 2017
Observer25:
For a 32 yo single female with an upcoming visa interview for grad school, is her marital status
a red flag?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Observer25: 10:23am On Jul 02, 2017
fairheart:
Hey! Nice question. I am happy you asked for this. The issue of age and getting the student visa is a very important one. What you should know is that, the consular who will be interviewing you might be interested in your marital status, or might not. But if she/he ask, tell him you're engaged, and you can put on an engagement ring and plan for your wedding after your MS program. I am not sure this is the best answer for you, as the one of the students I participated in her admission had to use this style of showing home-ties. It worked and she is in Texas now.
More so, saying you're engage is perhaps another way of showing that you have something waiting for you back home after your education. But let's hope whoever will interview you will not dive into your personal life or relationship status. Just prepare in case VO is interested in your status. Think about the engagement stuff if it is okay for you.

Thanks!!
I am a guy asking on behalf of a friend. Very nice idea!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 11:00am On Jul 02, 2017
fairheart:
Hey! Nice question. I am happy you asked for this. The issue of age and getting the student visa is a very important one. What you should know is that, the consular who will be interviewing you might be interested in your marital status, or might not. But if she/he ask, tell him you're engaged, and you can put on an engagement ring and plan for your wedding after your MS program. I am not sure this is the best answer for you, as the one of the students I participated in her admission had to use this style of showing home-ties. It worked and she is in Texas now.
More so, saying you're engage is perhaps another way of showing that you have something waiting for you back home after your education. But let's hope whoever will interview you will not dive into your personal life or relationship status. Just prepare in case VO is interested in your status. Think about the engagement stuff if it is okay for you.

Don't use this forum to coach people on how to lie, this is not what we do here.

This is unacceptable.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 11:04am On Jul 02, 2017
Observer25:

Thanks!!
I am a guy asking on behalf of a friend. Very nice idea!

..Very bad idea and a dangerous one, the VO is not interested in your marital status because its not part of F1 visa requirements.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Joan011: 11:20am On Jul 02, 2017
aariwa:
Please forumites my friend's daughter needs scholarships in u.s.Please can you recommend scholarship awarding institutions for her.She is in ss 3 class and an exceptionally brilliant girl.Thank you
Has she gotten? I also want to apply as an undergrad, pls hook her up with me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 11:31am On Jul 02, 2017
Very bad idea. This is a student visa not tourist visa. Your marital status plays no role, all the VO wants to know is if you are a genuine student.
fairheart:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Observer25: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

..Very bad idea and a dangerous one, the VO is not interested in your marital status because its not part of F1 visa requirements.

Ok.
Thanks. Good to have a another perspective also.
She will say at is is. Single!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phawwaz(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
Gurus,Please i need mock interview o anyone got time to spare for a fellow brother.....Oga texrem pls check mail cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
akins2016:

I know people(some of my friends) with a GPA of 2 2 and GRE of 280's and were still able to secure funding(full ride self). I have my evidence. You guys should stop sitting back there and make hasty generalization !!! As much as nairaland is so helpful, some people tend to over hype the thread and every member on the thread. !!! I also want you to know that anything is possible in this life.. I got everything from my school before I visited this thread. Some people are fond of misleading and making people think less of themselves here. They will bring their profile and you guys will start discouraging them. There is something called need based scholarship. If funding is available, they will definitely give anyone applying at that moment. DO NOT THINK if people don't visit nairaland, they will not get funding or they won't get their visa or they won't be admitted into good schools or program.
Thanks

Oga, we've closed that topic. You're late to the show. If you read on, you will realise intelligent deductions of Electronic and Time2smile. But whose business is it if you had a Pass degree and a GRE score of 260? Everyone to his/her cross. One good thing with USA is that there's always something for everyone. While some universities are very selective, others are happy to accept just anyone who meet certain basic requirements.
In the future I'll desist from making such comments. I was only trying to give my honest opinion that admission in US is competitive and funding isn't just awarded based on "grace", you have to stand out in some way. That's my opinion though, you're also free to think otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
"Have the Educational Testing Service (ETS) submit your scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), aptitude portion only, to University of XYZ’s Graduate School"

This is one of the requirements of a grad program.
Please gurus, I need clarification on this.
What part of the GRE is/are being referred to here?
I have a feeling it is just quant and verbal, please let me have your opinions. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
sirRiddy:
"Have the Educational Testing Service (ETS) submit your scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), aptitude portion only, to University of XYZ’s Graduate School"

This is one of the requirements of a grad program.
Please gurus, I need clarification on this.
What part of the GRE is/are being referred to here?
I have a feeling it is just quant and verbal, please let me have your opinions. Thank you.

You can't ask ETS to send just a part of your test. By aptitude they mean GRE general not subject. To be sure, call your school for clarification.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
OK. Thank you.
234ng44uk:

You can't ask ETS to send just a part of your test. By aptitude they mean GRE general not subject. To be sure, call your school for clarification.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
fairheart:

This is wrong on so many levels.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by francophone134: 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
greetings gurus in the house. If am asked why i chose a particular sch, the reply is that "d sch was recomended to me by a friend who is am alumni of d sch, also wen i made research, i founded out that d rate of absentism of teacher is 0.00% and i was impressed by dat statistics. PLEASE OO IS THIS A GOOD RESPONSE? GOD BLES U ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by frankie2K(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
Happy Sunday everyone.please I want to ask the gurus in Trumpland how easy does it come for a naija guy to make male America citizen friend(white) to female.please share ur experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.