Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,736 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (697245 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blacksony: 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
pls can anybody tell me how to send a PM on this forum because i have been battling with it for a while now. thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
blacksony:
pls can anybody tell me how to send a PM on this forum because i have been battling with it for a while now. thanks in advance

If I were to send you a pm, I'd click on your moniker- blacksony. A new page would open and I'll click on "send Email mssg to blacksony". Another page would open still. Then I'll finally click on " send email ". A few seconds later, you'd get an email message from me. Once you reply, I'll then ve access to your mail through which I can talk to you.

In summary, what the pm does is to create a link between you and the intended recipient of your message through email. I hope you understand?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dennison4luv: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
greetings to u all,,, pls can u guys help me with the names of universities in USA that can accept gp of 3.3(that is 2.2) in engineering..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 3:45am On Mar 03, 2017
Before it escapes my mind again, there was a time early last year when a guy came here and said he was asked by the school he applied to to pay a security deposit of about $2000 - $4000. He usually say this annoying phrase "he roars like an animal".

Has anyone heard anything about the end of his story? Two semesters already gone since he posted here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:58am On Mar 03, 2017
zeezahd:
Hi, my name is zeezahd. I am MsNas' younger sister. I just graduated and I am looking to do my masters or PhD in the US. My sister introduced me to this thread and suggested I read this thread to gain valuable insights into this process and I hope you guys are able to help. Thanks in anticipation

Kindly read previous parts of this thread and you will gain and learn a lot as well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:58am On Mar 03, 2017
DeeTus:
The online English test is not standardized. Look for a good school for your MBA so that you can become someone in the future. And not depending on anyone to survive.

Post UTME... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 03, 2017
I have $200 and would change do 430

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 03, 2017
dennison4luv:
greetings to u all,,, pls can u guys help me with the names of universities in USA that can accept gp of 3.3(that is 2.2) in engineering..thanks
Alot if you are willing to do the research by yourself. Start from www.msinus.com. It opens better with a Laptop. With that website alone, you should be fine. You will need to write GRE and Toefl though. cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 03, 2017
zeezahd:
Hi, my name is zeezahd. I am MsNas' younger sister. I just graduated and I am looking to do my masters or PhD in the US. My sister introduced me to this thread and suggested I read this thread to gain valuable insights into this process and I hope you guys are able to help. Thanks in anticipation
No problems. Your sister is a nice person.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 03, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:22am On Mar 03, 2017
slimmy2005:

cc
espaciousay08

for his evaluation fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2017
Walspring:

cc
espaciousay08

for his evaluation fee
let's help each other. I also need naira for my transcript as well. I can help pay for your Wes evaluation while you credit me with naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by GboyegaD(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2017
ganiyuadeoye:
Guys what about we guiding this guy on how to write and tackle all these write-up that seems to scare him. Leave story for the gods and lets try to help him. Not interested in your GRE score but ur visa success.

The challenge is that with a good score like his, he should be able to do some basic research. He puts himself out as mentally lazy and desperate which is why his scores is being challenged.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
People should be careful with going to all these one building school here o. A guy's story here was just so terrible. He graduated from npu only for accreditation to be lost and loan dey for India. No be small thing o.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
sirRiddy:
People should be careful with going to all these one building school here o. A guy's story here was just so terrible. He graduated from npu only for accreditation to be lost and loan dey for India. No be small thing o.

Lets keep saying it loudly..... you guys should please listen ooo

Choose standard schools .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TheZed(m): 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
zeezahd:
Did you graduate from lautech as well? I know she was a ladokite.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kallowdean(m): 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blacksony: 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
HI guru's in the house im to resume class on 24 August 2017 hope it is not too early if i leave JUNE. or what is the best time to leave since im still going to go through the proccess of transfer to a public college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
blacksony:
HI guru's in the house im to resume class on 24 August 2017 hope it is not too early if i leave JUNE. or what is the best time to leave since im still going to go through the proccess of transfer to a public college.

You are not allowed to enter more than 30 days before the start date of your i20

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
kallowdean:
Hello Experience Gurus in the house.

Hope I've not gone too far by getting this mail below from my Program Coordinator (A Professor)
I bombarded them with fax and email for GA and RA grin grin

See mail:
Stop sending e-mail/fax. Your application will be considered in due course and you will be informed accordingly.

I can't even respond with apologies...

Should I just ignore

They understand the tension you're in, and it might be that he was just be distracted by your endless emails. You've done nothing bad so far. Just hold on, and wait it out. Just reply along the lines of "Thanks for the important feedback. It's soothing to know I'd be informed once a decision is made".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by teepee4Him(m): 1:34am On Mar 04, 2017
slimmy2005:

Greetings bro! Sent you a pm. Might be interested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 04, 2017
teepee4Him:

Greetings bro! Sent you a pm. Might be interested.
replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 04, 2017
kallowdean:

Hope I've not gone too far by getting this mail below from my Program Coordinator (A Professor)

See mail:
Stop sending e-mail/fax. Your application will be considered in due course and you will be informed accordingly.

Should I just ignore
lol don't worry yourself obviously they didn't reply you now so that's why you kept on bombardment of emails and now he has given you optimum bombardment that has left you speechless grin grin just go ahead and tell him you've gotten and thank him for the feedback as that was the main reason that led to bombardments grin grin no keep Naija person waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:24am On Mar 04, 2017
kallowdean:

See mail:

Should I just ignore

You self why will u bombard ....always apply moderation in everything. ... acknowledge the email back and after that no more emails unless needed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 10:00am On Mar 04, 2017
Hello fam,
Please who has dicapino contact? I discovered he's in TAMUK and even in d same program I got admitted in, ie, MSc Mechanical Engineering......I would like to contact him for some pieces of advice n guidance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 10:25am On Mar 04, 2017
Hello gurus, I have my first degree in computer science in 2010. But been working in a customer service environment since then. That means I have no work experience. I intend to apply to a graduate school in Information security and computer forensics. Most schools request my cv with no experience in dat field. Can I apply to do a two years associate degree in same Information security and digital forensics then after graduation apply for a master in same program.
What is d chance of getting a visa having had a degree in computer science and now going for an associate degree in information security and digital forensics which is lower than bachelor degree.

Please kindly advise.
Cc: Lagosismyhome, walspring,imperioux and other with good experience in this situation. Please a brother. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2017
toluene1234:
Hello gurus, I have my first degree in computer science in 2010. But been working in a customer service environment since then. That means I have no work experience. I intend to apply to a graduate school in Information security and computer forensics. Most schools request my cv with no experience in dat field. Can I apply to do a two years associate degree in same Information security and digital forensics then after graduation apply for a master in same program.
What is d chance of getting a visa having had a degree in computer science and now going for an associate degree in information security and digital forensics which is lower than bachelor degree.

Please kindly advise.
Cc: Lagosismyhome, walspring,imperioux and other with good experience in this situation. Please a brother. Thanks

Well you do have work experience..maybe not just in your CS field. Schools don't really care much about your experience if you're going for a Master's in Computer Science. It's not like some executive MBA application. My advice, go ahead and apply for MS in Computer Science,Information systems or something around those. Prepare and write GRE if you can-that would help your application a whole lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
Bae026:
Guys, NICE ONE.

Never knew such forum existed.

I've been given admission into one private university in USA....for April intake.

I'm presently pursuing my Visa interview with the Embassy.

But my issue here is, I don't have any money for school fees, or anything.....the whole money I was having is what I used to pursue the admission and Visa interview, Sives fee...etc.

My question is, if I can raise money for my flight ticket.... would the school still take me and maybe I work for them and pay the fees gradually?

Masters Program inview.
How do you want to survive?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jatsay001: 3:41pm On Mar 04, 2017
Sold $249

It remains $751....

Exchange Dollar for Naira at 425Naira to 1$...... PM me for arrangement.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 04, 2017
Please do they still request for two passport photograph at the embassy for visa? I heard they now upload passport on ds160 page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by GboyegaD(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
GboyegaD:

Do we have a similar dropbox for GMAT?
I dont think so..I made this one, I dont know anything about GMAT but i think it will be wise if someone that has written GMAT can make one

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.