Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,907 members, 7,863,114 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? (12352 Views)

The Disgrace Me And My Girlfriend Got Today!! / My Girlfriend Got Angry When I Told Her This... / My Girlfriend Got Me Drunk And I Mistakenly Had Sex With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by abbye1986: 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2009
Tough for you? Isnt that just typical of u guys - selfish! What about her? She should be the priority now, not you!
Selfish? far from it, if I was selfish, I would not have brought this up here. I would have jilted her without second thought.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by ziga: 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2009
Oga moderator,

I think the title of this thread on the homepage is very misleading (reminds me of dem naija tabloids, cheap journalism)

You have taken the poster's words out of context.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by abbye1986: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2009
I just notice the title of this thread has been changed on the homepage of NL which I think is unfair. I was not in anyway saying being raped is not a big deal. My girlfriend got raped and I can not be happy with it.

I only used the word "no bid deal" because it is not something that will make me leave her. Please Moderator kindly change the title to exactly what it is. Please.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by owoblow4u: 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2009
That lady was not raped. she messed around with someone else. she is feeling guilty but rather than tell the guy the truth, she changed it to Rape.

she's only pretending.

@Poster, i suggest you dig deeper. there is more to this that meets the eye.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by ziga: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
@Seun

I see that you linked the homepage title to Ndeewonu's comment.

But don't you think that will derail abbye1986's post?

Also, i think it is going to get a lot of people confused.

My comments,
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by NegroNtns(m): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2009
Omoovie,

'rhobo waado! How u dey sweetie? wink
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by eldee(m): 11:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
Seun:

I linked directly to the above post, so I'm wondering whether you guys are blind or something.

Nah . . . Stop insulting our intelligence.
He clearly stated that rape should not decide if a man stays with his girlfriend after the painful experience.
A real man will stay with her through that period and I agree with him.

You're reading it out of context.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by stede(m): 11:27pm On Nov 30, 2009
go check if she is pregnant & also my gurl don't forget HIV/AIDS test
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
@ eldee you get liver oooo! tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by eldee(m): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
michelin89:

@ eldee you get liver oooo! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Hehehe . . . grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 01, 2009
Seun twisted the meaning of the guy's words. Bad!!! angry angry angry
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by 1forall: 12:02am On Dec 01, 2009
Seun is a business man that's why. . . but I also think the title should read like the poster said, and not something from another user's reply.

Topic: You had dreamt the situation already, and you say your dreams manifest spot on. . . ha!
I tend to think more that a case of rape may not be the actual cause of this issue at hand. But going by the history you told us of your relationship. . . Im thinking why would she do that (hide her rape ordeal for 4 days)? Im sorry to ask but how old is she? how certain are you she was a virgin in the first place? (Ive heard that girls can arrange it). You know you too had no sexperience before that 'mutually disvirgining' encounter?

Have you asked her if anyone else knows about the rape? I believe there should be at least one other female who would know, I mean when a girl gets raped in a place like school, at least she'll tell a friend or roomate eventually, they'll even notice shes not ok and ask her. . . except she stayed an extra couple of hours at the place to recover. . .  grin

Why isnt she on good terms with your folks? and your sister? 365 babies (x 2 =) and 730 men   grin is it just a coincidence of figures? How much do you know about her past? Have you tried to find out? I think (but stand to be corrected o) that someone who kept her virginity till she met you should be more agreeable with people and not have disagreements all over the place. Did you ask your sister where she got her story from?

Now according to your dream Joseph, if you leave her she's gonna die. I dont pray that happens but you need to get more information about this rape incident to be able to approach the matter most appropriately and make a sound and informed decision.

I choose to believe all you've said here and so shall advise to get more info on the rape (like someone said, pay her a visit in school) maybe a week or two from now (when the matter don die down small). Try meeting her friends and observe her lifestyle in school (done that before?). Try and see how comfortable she feels with you alone and when youre with her and friends. Be observant.

You need to do this to save the relationship if that's what you want.

On the other hand, I think its bad omen if your girlfriend (you're probably hoping to get married?) of 4 years does not get along with your parents (and sister too!).

If I were in your shoes that'd have been a serious concern before now.

Good luck!
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by blackspade(m): 1:00am On Dec 01, 2009
@ Ndeewonu

What a very idiotic thing to say.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by keyne(f): 1:07am On Dec 01, 2009
she was nt raped,she is cheating and she wld soon pass off a baby as urs, pls be wise,
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by abasssgirl(f): 2:04am On Dec 01, 2009
@Poster - It sounds like you doubt as to whether or not she was really raped or if something else is happening, Go with your gutt,

FOR NOW you MUST support her! Until you find out a reason not too or unless you find out she was lying, my God, she needs you now more than ever!

Remember I Corinthians Chap. 13 where it talks about love. If you truly love her, show her and support her and let her know you are ready to listen when she is ready to talk and all will be well.

And if there is something dirty or dishonest going on, that will come to the light in due time, but for now, just support her.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by mamagee3(f): 2:28am On Dec 01, 2009
I'm sorry, I can't help you
I don't understand your perspective
. tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by sjeezy8: 4:42am On Dec 01, 2009
lmfao I read that on the front page like wtf

funny comments though and it does attract people
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by mbulela: 5:14am On Dec 01, 2009
Seun and his moderators, stop acting arrogant and change the damn title on the homepage.
You are not dealing with idiots.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 01, 2009
Why call on the mods? We are not responsible for what is published on the home page, so vent your anger elsewhere.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by mbulela: 6:17am On Dec 01, 2009
whoever is responsible.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by KakiP(m): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2009
ibkaye:

Gosh I really feel like punching you in the face cheesy
men i really feel like getting a punch,its been a while i had one.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by sexybabes(f): 10:22am On Dec 01, 2009
keyne:

she was nt raped,she is cheating and she wld soon pass off a baby as urs, pls be wise,
I'm very shocked this is coming from a lady.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by pek(m): 10:23am On Dec 01, 2009
dont know why i dont believe this story. the first paragraph is full of inconsistencies.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by ifele(m): 10:28am On Dec 01, 2009
abbye,

Hen you cant be asking a question like : "Should I jilt her"? Its your PERSONAL relationship decision.

Once you give your mind and decision making capacity to the PUBLIC you become OWNED.

You understand OWNED. Nigerlanders wanna OWN you.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by henchmark: 10:48am On Dec 01, 2009
A girl goes with a guy to his room , stays late till about 11pm, comes out the next morning telling everyone she was raped, isnt that daft? when the guy was forcing her agianst her wish where was her mouth? she couldnt scream !because it was sweet? why smell what you dont intend to eat? I BET YOU MOST GIRLS CLAIMING RAPE WERE MOANING DURING THE SAID ACT.

hisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by otukpo(f): 11:02am On Dec 01, 2009
It is possible the girl was raped. FYI, rape is a difficult thing to deal with, it is not easy for a gal to open up to even her closestl/relation to say she was raped. She will try to hide it as much as possible, she may also be thinking dt u the bf wldnt love her again because of the rape.

IF u have never been close to it, u wldn't know how it feels, but i can tell u, it is one of the most difficult things for a gal to deal with. It aint no joke.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by sexybabes(f): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2009
@ Poster
You should be there for your woman she needs now more than ever. Stop making this about you, she was the one who was raped. How much does it cost you to go see her when she told you she was raped. You are mad that she didn't tell you immediately, do you know how many rape victims who suffer silently because they can't tell anyone, not because they don't want but because its not easy. You should be glad that she trust you enough to tell you and don't make her regret telling you. You even say it yourself that you've warn her so many times not to walk alone at nights, so basically you are saying its her own fault cause if she listened to you it wouldn't have happen. Probably why she didn't tell immediately, she didn't want to hear "i told you so" or "how many times have i warned you" speech. And you here worrying about a stupid soccer game. You need to try and encourage her to talk about it and tell you exactly what and how it happened. As painful as it going to be but its gonna help her.

I admire you for not wanting to leave her over this, it take a good man to do that. But for God's sake stop adding irrelevant information about her not getting along with your folk, you already said its been 3 years since they not getting along and it didn't dis-encourage you so why bringing it up now.

For those who thinks she's lying:
The poster didn't say he doesn't believe her. And besides I don't think any woman can tell her boyfriend she was raped if it didn't happen cause she will be risking her relationship and its an image that will never fade in the guy's mind even though he didn't witness it, he won't be able to touch her again without thinking about the ordeal. Why do you think most rape victims take it with them to their grave? And you people think she's just gonna be saying it if it didn't happen, some posts are shocking to some sensitive viewer's like me.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by sexybabes(f): 11:33am On Dec 01, 2009
henchmark:

A girl goes with a guy to his room , stays late till about 11pm, comes out the next morning telling everyone she was raped, isnt that daft? when the guy was forcing her agianst her wish where was her mouth? she couldnt scream !because it was sweet? why smell what you dont intend to eat? I BET YOU MOST GIRLS CLAIMING RAPE WERE MOANING DURING THE SAID ACT.

hisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you one of those guys who doesn't take NO for an answer? Or you one of those who think just because she agreed to go out with you that automatically give you the right to sleep with her? Or you one of those who thinks that because she came to your house she wants sex?

Lemme tell you something even if she your wife(the one you payed a bride price for) not to talk of a girlfriend if she doesn't want to have sex with you that night you have absolutely have NO RIGHT to force her, if you do its called RAPE.
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by chicah(f): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2009
she was not raped i can bet that, she did something else. get her to tell you the truth, wink
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by luvsonnex(m): 11:47am On Dec 01, 2009
That's a awful lie, my guy. Let her tell that to the marines, abeg! Wise up bro, she's started playing on ur intelligence. U should remember, doing away with such gurls, is the beginning of wisdom. Gbam!
Re: My Girlfriend Got Raped: What Should I Do? by Yoighaman(m): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
Me dUnNo tHiNkS sHe a sAy dA tRuTh.

dA hEaRt oF A wOmaN cAn b dEeP; fRaNklY SpEaKiNg, CoNsIdEr LeAvInG HeR iN dA nEaReSt FuTuRe!

sO bLuNt BuT tRuE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dont Open In Public...lady Shares Hot Backside Photos That Will Rise Konji / How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? / My Girlfriend's Vagina Has Been Sending A Sensation Of Electric Shock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.