Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,382 members, 7,836,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? (48203 Views)

Why Do Girls Marry Rich Guys Only To Regret In Future? / Why Do Ugly Girls Marry Every Saturday? And The Pretty Ones Do Ashebi? / Are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2009
to answer the question, IGBO GIRLS DO NOT MARRY LATE.
lock this thread and throw away the key.
make all of una kick rocks jo.

Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by CarlosVent(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2009
Igbo girls wants to make money before they marry and they are always fund of random selection.

why they are mindful of the money not knowing that no condition for a Man is permanent.

Am an Igbo and I don't like what my fellow Igbo girls are doing.

But not all of them.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2009
^^^^
what?
abeg ooooo, please lock this thread.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by farochron(m): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2009
Jaguar,

Watch it. This trend does not need those words. Just pass it across without using those. It might starts another war here. One has been going on already. please try to avoid another.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Shooga27: 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2009
ECONOMIC FACTOR PLAYS HUGE ROLE IN MEN GETTIN MARRIED LATE,BOY MONEY NO BE ENYFINK,SADLY AVERAGE NIGERIAN DUDE GET OTMARRIED AT D AGE OF 36, WHEN ARE U GOING TO START MAKING BABIES OK,WE NEED TO BUILD HOUSE CHANGE CAR,HMMM 326+
SHOW LEVEL,WARDROPE, 5YEARS DOWN D LINE.
BY D TIME D GENTLEMAN TURN 60,HOPEFULLY DEM KID WILL BE ROUNDING UP AT UNI,9JA BOYZ WISE MONEY IS NOT HAPPINNESS,TRUST ME IS BIBLICAL ONCE U GO INTO IT;WAYS WILL OPENN WITH FRUITS.
GOD BLESS.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by maxtop(m): 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2009
@ poster, the answer is not far fetched, its because they will use the monet realised to finance the education of the junior one and for burial atimes.  grin  grin  grin
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by smile4kenn(m): 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2009
I don't know why the moderator will have this on the home page.

All attacks on Igbo people, all the time on Nairaland,

Is it because Igbo people are the most creative, most entertaining, most hardworking, most talked about tribe in Nigeria?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
It seem NL is lacking front page topics, that is why such a useless, sensless and non-educative threads makes it to front page.
@ Seun,
Incase you forget, many people dont have the time to search through all sections on this forum as such depends on the topics there in the front page.
To a visitor on NL will rate the site based on the topics on the front page.
Initially i thought only hot , educative and sensible topics make it to the front pages, but these days even useless threads as this can be on the front page.
Why fowls don't grow teeth? wont be surprised someday to see such thread on front page.

GBAM!!!
hmmmm na wa ooooo
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Shooga27: 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
we are all one nigeria,i strongly disagree with amagamation, why is it so called tribe, we never be President is unfair.Therefore we all need to split;maybe u are wronG'
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by theviper1: 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
something that i have come to notice on Nl is that 24 hour doesnt pass without someone posting some daft topic about the igbos. and then the whole NL sharks smells blood and attacks with uninformed opinions and insinuations. many have become experts on igbo pple,many have learnt to diss the igbos. and hell! i even read some1 on this thread say that igbo women hide children born out of wedlock before marrying. what a load of dogshit! all the tribes in nigeria have their differences and we all should learn to live with it. some body even says that he knows the igbos inside out cos he claimed to have lived there a long time. nigga,what u are is a butterfly calling itself a bird (its a yoruba adage). u cant know me more than i know myself and vice-versa. am yet to hear why other tribes drops like 4 kids from 4 different men b4 they reach their 22nd birthday. and the funny thing is that the current kids daddy is clled `my husband`. they go to a party,she sees a wealthy man,he becomes `my husband` and he sees a yellow woman and she becomes `my wife`. different folks have different explanations jst about anything igbo,bt they seem to be ignorant or unconcerned about their own atrocious ways of life.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by KakiP(m): 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
Coz they spend most of their times flexing with married,old looking men and forget about marriage until something just hits on the brain and says"why aren't you married?"
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by iorhenter(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2009
lmao!!!
who told you that most igbo girls marry late? what is late? 30? cause ive never heard of a woman that is 28 and not married yet.
lol most girls are ready to marry by at least 23-26
maybe its late to you.
im guessing other cultures marry their daughters off at 18

That is if their age is really what they say it is. I don't know what the problem of Nigerian girls is, there are always 18 years (for those still in school) and 22 (for graduates). it never changes, this year is the same thing ask them next year it will be the same age. Thanks to the latest Grammar " I am a year older" it saves a lot of stress
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by 0hsisi: 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2009
Igbo girls don't marry late abeg
Nigerian men of all tribes are running head over heels to marry Igbo girls despite our high bride price.
We are the most sought after girls in Nigeria,I don't know whast the poster is talking about.
Is Tpia an Igbo girl?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by platinumnk(f): 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2009
Yet They Say we mad when I say Im Igbo First Nigerian 2nd undecided undecided

Haters grin grin grin grin tongue

Igbo Kwenu cheesy

0hsisi:

Igbo girls don't marry late abeg
[b]Nigerian men of all tribes are running head over heels to marry Igbo girls despite our high bride price.
We are the most sought after girls in Nigeria,[/b]I don't know whast the poster is talking about.
Is Tpia an Igbo girl?

Please tell them again!  grin grin grin
Tpia is Yoruba
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2009
osisi drank burukutu then logged on Nairaland.

wetin concern tpia for this matter?

Am I an Igbo girl or was I on this thread? Am I the OP?

Anyone can see the thread is simply a tongue in cheek response to the other thread about Igbo men marrying late.

jeez.

abi your guy mentioned tpia in his sleep again. Tell him to stop reading my posts on NL.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by londoner: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
Whether its "why do Igbo men marry late" or "why do Igbo women marry late" its all done in an accusatory tone on this site. Its not to genuinely ask a question much of the time, its usually an attempt to single the Igbos out and make us "give account" of ourselves and our supposedly "wayward" behaviour when checked against other tribes of Nigeria, lol

Its almost like clockwork on this site now, lol every few weeks or so, lol
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by 0hsisi: 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
tpia.:

osisi drank burukutu then logged on Nairaland.

wetin concern tpia for this matter?

Am I an Igbo girl or was I on this thread? Am I the OP?

Anyone can see the thread is simply a tongue in cheek response to the other thread about Igbo men marrying late.

jeez.

abi your guy mentioned tpia in his sleep again. Tell him to stop reading my posts on NL.

Please don't insult me
I don't drink that smelly burukutu
I drink ogogoro
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2009
londoner:

Whether its "why do Igbo men marry late" or "why do Igbo women marry late" its all done in an accusatory tone on this site. Its not to genuinely ask a question much of the time, its usually an attempt to single the Igbos out and make us "give account" of ourselves and our supposedly "wayward" behaviour when checked against other tribes of Nigeria, lol

the other thread was opened by an Igbo girl.

Do you have evidence the OP here isnt Igbo?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by 0hsisi: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2009
londoner:

2 threads that always make it to the front page

I Igbo threads that certainly degenerate into Igbo bashing
2.Christian pastor  bashing threads.

That's what sells and Seun is primarily a businessman
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by ifyalways(f): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2009
Very funny topic and replies.
ROFL.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by davimore: 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2009
because, most of thier lovers dont have the money to pay thier bride price,
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2009
igbo girls are in high demand.
thats why our bride price no be cheap oooooo
pay up!!  cool
jk

the viper:

something that i have come to notice on Nl is that 24 hour doesnt pass without someone posting some daft topic about the igbos. and then the whole NL sharks smells blood and attacks with uninformed opinions and insinuations. many have become experts on igbo pple,many have learnt to diss the igbos. and hell! i even read some1 on this thread say that igbo women hide children born out of wedlock before marrying. what a load of dogshit! all the tribes in nigeria have their differences and we all should learn to live with it. some body even says that he knows the igbos inside out cos he claimed to have lived there a long time. nigga,what u are is a butterfly calling itself a bird (its a yoruba adage). u cant know me more than i know myself and vice-versa. am yet to hear why other tribes drops like 4 kids from 4 different men b4 they reach their 22nd birthday. and the funny thing is that the current kids daddy is clled `my husband`. they go to a party,she sees a wealthy man,he becomes `my husband` and he sees a yellow woman and she becomes `my wife`. different folks have different explanations jst about anything igbo,bt they seem to be ignorant or unconcerned about their own atrocious ways of life.
GBAM!!!

@ whoever said this. . .
someone said how they could easily start a topic saying why do hausa girls marry at such an early age.
well, that is actually true for the most part. not all hausas, but a great deal of them.
but there have been no facts to prove that igbo girls marry late. the poster and his twisted backwards generalized statement cause maybe he met 3 igbo girls that werent married at the age they were.
anyway sha. . .
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nchara: 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2009
Perhaps, Igbo girls might marry a bit later than others. This is mainly because they go to school and that is time wasted. Take a look at the JAMB data, more than half of all female admittants into universities are Igbo girls. In any case I'd rather marry late than early (10-15) years like hausas do or be a seventh wife like Yoruba girls do.

Now why do hausas marry early and why do Yoruba prefer to be second, third, fourth and fifth wives?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by jinski: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2009
Igbo girls marry late because to marry them is a serious financial project, even some of their men are now marrying from other tribes.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Mortiple(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
@poster

You should know the answer now!  Igbo girls marry late because they want to avoid making the same mistakes your mother made.  

Mistake No 1:  Getting married to up to 7 Husbands before she attains age 50!
Mistake No 2:  Avoid getting married to an irresponsible husband like ,
Mistake No 3: Having a useless  tribalist like you for a son.

NB: I took time to go through your previous posts.  You are used to asking USELESS QUESTIONS.  My grandmother has a name for your type:  COMPOUND FOOL!
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Ramsky: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2009
@Mortiple: Whilst i understand your anger at the poster, you can not get away from the fact that 'MARRYING AN IGBO GIRL IS A EXPENSE PROJECT' - This may/may not be the reason 'why they marry late'. I am married to an igbo girl and i know what i went thru esp with her extended family (If not for loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by londoner: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2009
Tpia, The other OP was called "may kelly", was she Igbo?

There is no evidence to suggest this OP is Igbo, why does it make it all ok then ?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by beingme(f): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2009
why does that bother ppl so much? everybody has his/her reason of living his/her life the way he/she does. so wats the fuse?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by 0hsisi: 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2009
londoner:

There is no evidence to suggest this OP is Igbo, why does it make it all ok then ?

She is
She claimed on a thread sometime ago that Igbo men married at 50 instead of telling us that 50 year old men were coming to ask her hand in marriage.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2009
oh yea, I was on this thread earlier.

londoner:

yes the other OP is igbo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's no evidence of this OP's tribe yet, but anytime someone says an uncomplimentary thing about Igbos, you always assume the person is Yoruba if you dont know his/her tribe.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by londoner: 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
Did she actually say she is Igbo? Or just that Igbo men had proposed to her?

@Tpia, who said this OP is Yoruba? I dont suspect that for one second.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2009
londoner:

Did she actually say she is Igbo? Or just that Igbo men had proposed to her?

@Tpia, who said this OP is Yoruba? I dont suspect that for one second.

She is Igbo. I dont recall if she actually said it or not. Heck, i cant even find the thread.

On this one, people have already started raining curses and abusing Yorubas, when they dont even know if the OP is more Igbo than themselves.

check the thread again.

My "you" in this instance was general though I now notice you weren't one of the ones doing that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Gets Slapped After Proposing To Woman In Public (PHOTOS) / Obsession With My Girlfriend Is Tearing Me Apart. Help! / Approaching A Lady.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.