Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,602 members, 7,840,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? (48222 Views)

Why Do Girls Marry Rich Guys Only To Regret In Future? / Why Do Ugly Girls Marry Every Saturday? And The Pretty Ones Do Ashebi? / Are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Mekana(m): 4:01am On Dec 01, 2009
U are missing the point dude. The point is that she's a nigerian, identifying her as an igbo connotes prejudice. why can't u discuss her substantially without connecting the dots to her igbo roots. Besides, in this forum, the topic is about igbo girls and marriage - in bringing it up now, u are definitely attempting to tie it to igbo's so called promiscuity. But u forgot one thing, that Abiola was more promiscuous than any Nigerian to date. Also, u forgot that Obj slept with his daughter inlaw( Mojisola), (does that name sound Igbotic?) both are record breaking dude,
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by sjeezy8: 4:04am On Dec 01, 2009
ok shes a sexy Nigerian bombshell
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 01, 2009
"Most Igbo girls marry late"

terrible insult of the century.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by theviper1: 4:33am On Dec 01, 2009
WONDER when some NLs tribalistic women will get married too.maybe they are still in their 10s as well.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 4:35am On Dec 01, 2009
"Most Igbo girls marry late"

of all the insults I've ever seen on NL, this particular one takes the cake.

why are people so insultive and always picking on Igbos.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Epi: 4:35am On Dec 01, 2009
Mekana:

Epi, why not stress the national angle of the phenomenon rather than engaging in this habitual anti-Igbo tirade? The situation is not as dire as the author insinuates. Every ethnic group have their own onions, u cannot generalize that yoruba men are too promiscous because Abiola had over 80 uncountable children. U cannot generalize that yoruba ladies stink because alot of them at Ijebu ode axis, who are hawkers, are dirty and prostitute.
Me bashing Igbo? where and when? You have the wrong epi sah.  My question to you - When you all are going to stop fighting against each other? Emancipate yourself from mental slavery (Igbo vs Yoruba), none but ourselves can free our minds
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 01, 2009
shut up you fool.

I know you're always on the lookout for a ghetto rumble.

idiot with no home training.

Let anyone mention any nollywood actress who isnt Igbo and the next thing you know is your stupid self will be all over that thread screaming her useless head off like a mad person.

Especially for the Yoruba ones.

oponu.

abeg go find your level or go find one of your pimps to help you out.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:49am On Dec 01, 2009
tpia.:

shut up you fool.

I know you're always on the lookout for a ghetto rumble.

idiot with no home training.

Let anyone mention any nollywood actress who isnt Igbo and the next thing you know is your stupid self will be all over that thread screaming her useless head off like a mad person.

Especially for the Yoruba ones.

oponu.
youre fuking stupid!! that has nothing to do with what i said.
im not gonna get into some dumb tribal war with you.
anyway the most times ive gotten into "ghetto fights" on NL over nollywood actresses was about rita dominic, and she's igbo! so i really dont see your point.
also, i hardly know any yoruba actresses besides omotola, as i dont watch yoruba movies, as i dont speak yoruba.
so get outta here with your dumb ass tryna say something to make yourself look good.
yawn. . . tpia. tpai, talapia. you have so much time on your hands for kids, dont you think?  undecided
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by theviper1: 4:51am On Dec 01, 2009
maybe she was dumped by an igbo dude and she wants to take it out on igbo babes.bt am sick and tired of her tribalistic antics.
she can stay on line 4 days on ends as long as its got something to do with igbos. no wonder some1 called her otapiapia.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 4:51am On Dec 01, 2009
ghetto funky.

You'd love for me to stay here exchanging words with your stupid selves wouldnt you.

from "Most Igbo girls marry late" to bashing Yoruba women as usual.

ori yin o da.

bloody cowards- they cant face the OP so the next best thing is to attack Yorubas.

oponu.

wey osisi wey dey run mouth on una behalf? From attacking Yoruba muslims to attacking Yorubas in general. Anything Yoruba (aside from when the men are kissing her broad ass and she's retirning the favor), and you see her jumping up like a dog on heat. I no blame una . If not for some useless Yorubas wey dey give una mouth to talk.

thats why other tribes put you in your place sharp sharp whenever you start going ballistic.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Epi: 4:53am On Dec 01, 2009
Mekana:

u cannot generalize that yoruba men are too promiscous because Abiola had over 80 uncountable children. U cannot generalize that yoruba ladies stink because alot of them at Ijebu ode axis, who are hawkers, are dirty and prostitute.
Not nice! please don't fight fire with fire. Search your heart, you can do better than this

Nite
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:54am On Dec 01, 2009
tpia.:

ghetto funky.

You'd love for me to stay here exchanging words with your stupid selves wouldnt you.

from "Most Igbo girls marry late" to bashing Yoruba women as usual.

ori yin o da.

bloody cowards- they cant face the OP so the next best thing is to attack Yorubas.

oponu.
yep, but i dont see why youre venting your frustrations out on me cause no i didnt bash yoruba girls anywhere in my posts, so take a chill pill, get some di.ck, and relax.
go and get your groove back and stop being angry at the world, k?
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 01, 2009
^^ yes, you're boring and you type much but communicate virtually nothing besides showing how messed up you are.

Keep talking to yourself or else get more goons to back you up.

idumota ho.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:58am On Dec 01, 2009
yes, exactly what i expected from you.
naw more than what i expected from you.
now good day! cool
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by theviper1: 5:08am On Dec 01, 2009
so much pentup anger against the igbos. this one go soon meet up with heart attack and considering that she is a woman makes it more difficult to understand. easy babe,b4 u wound ooo.havent seen such anger directed at one tribe from 1 individual.this is very serious.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 01, 2009
the viper:

so much pentup anger against the igbos. this one go soon meet up with heart attack and considering that she is a woman makes it more difficult to understand. easy babe,b4 u wound ooo.havent seen such anger directed at one tribe from 1 individual.this is very serious.

look, face the nasty and terrible insults they gave you, the Igbo girl named the viper, and leave tpia matter.

abi fear dey shake your body?

Here's the original insulting post so you can get back on track:

Raymond247:

I dont know but most igbo girls use to marry late, its only few of them that marry's early. Why?
i know am stepping on the toes of some igbo girls here just like what sillyboy stated 'one can use the dowry paid on a igbo girl to build sky scrappers' why is it the they impose lucrative amount on  them during dowry payment? Abi na bad question again?  grin

remember, saying "abi" and living in lagos doesnt make someone Yoruba, fool.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:36am On Dec 01, 2009
@ poster,

Is it now a crime to marry late ? I don't see anything wrong with a lady getting herself well established before getting married.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Mekana(m): 5:37am On Dec 01, 2009
this faggy tpia needs to take a shower and live our pretty ladies kiss alone. Its only envious ppl that pick on their rivals. I have seen few detribalized yorubas even in the US. Wole Soyinka is noted for this; he was the only guy to denounce the pogrom against the Igbos in the 1960s, do u know his reward? sent to jail by Awolowo to silence him perpetually. shocked
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by sjeezy8: 5:39am On Dec 01, 2009
^^^^ what are you talkin about Awo was in jail, it was Obj who he spoke with and the Army jailed him because Biafra started to invade the ND which was neutral. They thought Soyinka was with the plot but he wasnt.

please stay on topic niccu
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Mekana(m): 5:48am On Dec 01, 2009
Obj was a Lt col in the military, it was Awolowo, who was released after Gowon-Mutala-Danjuma coup of july 1966. He became the finance commissioner and oversaw the anti-igbo war and post war policies of Gowon's regime, including the indigenization policies which tilted the economy in favor of yorubas till date.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Mekana(m): 6:04am On Dec 01, 2009
Soyinka audiciously spoke against the apparent holocaust in the north and even in some western cities. Just like he had galvanized the westerners against zik in 1956, Awolowo again connived with the governor of the west, in silencing Soyinka. How could u discredit Soyinka buddy? - in other to justify the coercion of Igbos? this is absurd.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nchara: 6:08am On Dec 01, 2009
The single most important reason why Igbo girls appear to be marrying late (as if marrying late is a crime and marrying at 13 years is good) is lost on most of you guys. It is because Igbo girls go to school more than others. For every 10 female in the university, 6 are Igbo. This data can be gleaned from the JAMB website.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by swezenberg(m): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2009
And the remaining 4 that are Yoruba come out top! lol
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by chukwudi06(m): 8:47am On Dec 01, 2009
It is because of what the holy book writes.
thy shall not abuse that child, let her grow into a woman b4 anything.
Nokia 33:10
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by frank317: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2009
I really like igbos: everybody is interested in them, they are either too bad or too good. they are all the cultures in one culture. i belive there are only two culture in Nigeria. The igbos and others.

@poster dont forget that hausas marry girls as young as 12(i'd rather marry older lady.) what can you say about that?

as far as i am concerned no culture is perfect. the igbos are just more louder thats why everybody seem to think they know much about them but i bet you, they know nothing.

the igbo girls tend to fall victim of late marriage simply because the common igbo man does not believe he should have a family that will end up suffering as a result they wait till they can take care of a family b4 getting married, thereby leaving the girls waiting(Unfortunately)

the igbo culture is not like the hausa or youruba that provides space for the parents to take care of their children's wedding(corect me if i am wrong). the igbos belives that the son must grow to take care of his parents there by leaving him with much problem(extended family and immediate family), and this tend to make him more industrious. and he ends up marrying late in order to fullfil his role as a man.

This is the igbo culture. we are all educated. lets stop hating and learn that every culture has its set back.

why do benue girls sleep around?
why are edo girls wild?
who are hausa girls such hypocrites?
why are igbo girls slutty?
why are yoruba girls dirty and troublesome?
why do calaber $ akwaibom girls enjoy sex a lot?

we can go on and on but i belive there are cultural situation that gives rise to each. u just have to understand the cultures to have explanation for each.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 01, 2009
frank3.16:

why are igbo girls slutty?

undecided
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by skeed19: 9:12am On Dec 01, 2009
Good day to the great Nairalanders in the house,
i feel highly embarrassed by the way some of us respond to simple questions!
an individual asked a simple question, rather than go ahead to answer the question, most people are just busy
saying thing that aint relevant to the question asked. simply say your opinion and allow others, do not condemn some one else's opinion because it bears no tally with what you feel.
the truth is Igbo girls are quite expensive and most guys aint ready to spend fortune on a girl.
look at it this way,
the Igbo girl's bride price is a function of her educational qualification; the more educationally learned she is, the more expensive she becomes and because no one wants to marry a liability but an asset, we tend to go for a graduate, but the Igbo girl's bride price scares people away and you see an Igbo girl been 35 she is not married , still in her fathers house. they are the architects of their longstay in their parents house.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by otukpo(f): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2009
i have taken time to read thru the post and i have come up with the ffing pts;

* It is a wrong notion/impression that igbo girls marry late

* What age shld be considered late or too late?

* That the average Igboman wld prefer to be matured in mind and in finances b4 making the commitment of    marriage so as to livu up to his reponsiblity of being a man and a father.

* That it is better to be matured to enter into marriage and remain in it happily than to rush into it and rush out.

* That Igbo parents wld rather have their daughters educated and established in life so as to equip them for future challenges both in marriage and the world at larger.

* The the issue of bride prize is a function/decision of the girl's family and not the whole village or Igbo as a tribe.

* The the issue of marriage list is a thing of the girl's family as they can give out their daughter with or without the list.

* That u cannot know what is obtainable in other tribes more than the pple of that tribe no matter how much u have associated with them

* That 98% of Igbo girls will prefer to remain single rather than settle for a 2nd wife not to talk of 5th, 6th or even 10th wife as some other wld.

* That u can marry an Igbo girl of your choice even if u are worth 50k as long as there is love btw u 2.

* That u shld not allow urslf to be intimidated or discouraged abt all the igbo marriage exagerations cos they are all farce.

* That it is only a crazy parent wld give out a daughter for marriage at age 8 as is obtainable in some tribes or use a daughter as a kola for a dear friend or for settlement purposes as also obtainable in some tribes.

i can go on and on, but we can also express our opinions without insulting one another.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by otukpo(f): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2009
Another thing,

I also want to support the suggestion that there shld be a different section for kids and teenagers, then another crazy pple. The idea of putting all these set with matured and sane makes this site uninteresting and topics loosing their purpose.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by axeman85(m): 10:12am On Dec 01, 2009
@otukpo

i qquite disagree with the one you said igbo parents allow their daughter to marry because of love or the guy is worth 50k.

i disagree in the sense that yes a girl can get married to the guy but also bearing in mind financially it all depends on the girls family to accept it, and also some igbo parents dont care if the love btw the guy and their daughter is perfect, as they will still raise issues in regards to tribe. i know because i am currently in one at the minute.

@epi

now i understand your commrnt earlier. yes if your parents wants to find a rich man for you to marry then that is arranged marriage which should be the case as a woman irrespective of her tribe should be given or have the right to meet a man, love him, take him to her parents and they should accept him without having to start digging into his financial background or the faults in his tribe or family.
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by sillyme2: 10:25am On Dec 01, 2009
otukpo:

Another thing,

I also want to support the suggestion that there shld be a different section for kids and teenagers, then another crazy pple. The idea of putting all these set with matured and sane makes this site uninteresting and topics loosing their purpose.

seconded!
Re: Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? by silami(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2009
I think the main reason is moNey! and money!!money! and few men in igbo land.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Sex Worker Confronts Customer Who Refuses To Pay Her (Video) / Abuja Where You Get Married Without Bride Price / Man Sits On The Floor For His Wife-To-Be In Pre-wedding Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.