Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. - Islam for Muslims (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. (37645 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2010
All these trying to make it look nice is so wrong and does not agree with women clothing acording to SHARIA,Allah says wear bubu as in loosed gown,without style,so dnt try to say like not too tight,reveiling,and so on,all women should wear is tent
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by zayhal(f): 9:13am On Sep 28, 2010
@uplawal

You sound a bit angry
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 9:18am On Sep 28, 2010
Mukina Thank you.
Lagosboy:

Mukina2 or Jarus could you post this thread on th main page , if Ify doesnt have any objections. Perhaps Allah might guide others to islam from her story.

"Nairaland Curiosity that leads to conversion to Islam - Story of Ifyalways" This might be a good topic. others what do you think.
No Lagosboy.Doing so wud corrupt the thread,we dont want to experience that  wink
Lagosboy:

I dey here o abeg i was a bit busy and not on NL. Accept my apology  wink

Now to books on veils , that book you layed your hands on i beleive is a good book on veil and there are a few others which i willtry to dig out for you inshallah. However , i would suggest to you to thread on a line of caution and read on other aspects of islam and concentrate a bit more on developing a strong love for God, purification of the soul and learning the basic "fiqh" to practise the five pillars of islam for a start.

The reason why i said this is i have seen some new muslim convert who fell unto the hands of some over zealous muslims and these muslims made them concentrate on outer appearance (niqaab,beard, clothing etc) alone and in the end sisters started to cover their faces without really understanding the other basic fiqh of islam like ghusl. In the end after few months the sisters got choked and took off not only the niqaab but even the hijaab. Some even turned their back  on islam . The bulk of the blame was on the muslim handlers who did not develop them un the love of Allah , islamic spirituality before the other super ragatory acts like niqaab  etc.

The veil as we all know is not compulsory on muslm women but what is compulsory is the hijab and not wearing figure hugging and tight  clothing. Let us concentrate on the fiqh of salah, ablutuion, purification, practical women issues like mensturation etc  and the seven conditions of the shahadah and we keep stepping up the knowledge inshallah.

As regards names there is an hadith that says the two most beloved names to Allah are Abdullah (Slave of allah) and abdul Rahman (Slave of the most Merciful). However any of the 99 names of Allah or other names are all good.  If you wish you could name the twins Abdullah and abdul Rahman  as Allah has showered on you the greates mercy he can to anyone  which is guidance. Also the prophet was called by Allah "mercy to mankind".
Thanks but theres really no need for alarm.Just like a newborn babe yearns for milk,im just yearning to know and understand more abt my Islam,when theres any conflicts or confusion,u know i wud come calling . wink
zayhal:

In as much as what you have said may be true and correct, I'd still say that you shouldn't discourage Ify on her inquiry about the veil.

We can never compare a Muslimah who wears the veil to those who don't just like we can't compare a Muslimah who wears the hijab to the one who uses only the headcover. If one wears it (veil), sincerely to seek Allah's face, then I'm in no doubt that she'll surely find it.

Moreover, wearing the veil doesn't prevent one from gathering more knowledge about the deen. The two (seeking knowledge and outward appearance) can and in fact, should go hand in hand.

@Ify

Abdullah and AbdurRahman,
AbdurRahman and AbdurRaheem
Habeeb and Khubabyb
Mudathir and Muzammil
Miqdad and Muadh
We are thinking abt those . . .Thanks.
muhsin:

Salam IFY and all,

Muhsin sounds good, isn't it? Wouldn't you name one with it?  grin

BTW, may Allah bless them, amin. Are they yours?
Muhsin and what?  grin
Yep,They are mine.
uplawal:

All these trying to make it look nice is so wrong and does not agree with women clothing acording to SHARIA,Allah says wear bubu as in loosed gown,without style,so dnt try to say like not too tight,reveiling,and so on,all women should wear is tent
Do u have pics of what u call "bubu" without style and Tent ?
Thanks all  kiss
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by muhsin(m): 11:12am On Sep 28, 2010
Salam, Sister IFY and all,

I never thought you would object to Lagosboy's syaing:

Lagosboy:

Mukina2 or Jarus could you post this thread on th main page , if Ify doesnt have any objections. Perhaps Allah might guide others to islam from her story.

"Nairaland Curiosity that leads to conversion to Islam - Story of Ifyalways" This might be a good topic. others what do you think.

It could be better, and may help more people to understand what Islam is. Jarus, I know, will still be around to sanitize the thread even more closely when those people come around once again. More-over, I can recall when one atheist, I think Banom, reverted to his ex-religion (Christianity), almost everyone aboard Nairaland was alerted, for the thread was sticked on the main pages for a considerable time.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by muhsin(m): 11:19am On Sep 28, 2010
ifyalways:

Thanks.Muhsin and what?  grin
Yep,They are mine.

You are welcome, Mother of Twines.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2010
ifyalways:

Mukina Thank you.No Lagosboy.Doing so wud corrupt the thread,we dont want to experience that wink
Your wish wish is respected, but it seems Muhsin has a point wink

Thanks but theres really no need for alarm.Just like a newborn babe yearns for milk,im just yearning to know and understand more abt my Islam,when theres any conflicts or confusion,u know i wud come calling . winkWe are thinking abt those . . .Thanks.Muhsin and what? grin
Yep,They are mine.Do u have pics of what u call "bubu" without style and Tent ?
Thanks all kiss

I concur and submit may Allah grant you that deep understanding of his deen and endow with you unblemished knowledge stemming from his light which he guides whomever he pleases to. In that case please check out another book "The ideal muslimah" if you havent already. It contains almost everthing practical you need to know. Also a book "from my sisters lips" by Naima roberts a revert. It is sold here in the UK I am sure AR can get i get it .

Abdul Rahman and Abdul Raheem is fantastic - Rahaman is mercy in this world and Raheem is mercy in the hereafter which is 99% greater than this worlds mercy.

@Zahal
Trust that i would or not discourage a muslimah from doing acts of ibadah . I was just threading a line of caution out of practical experiences.

@Uplawal
I really do not understand your point. did you mean Allah comanded muslim women to wear bubu? or tent?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2010
Muhsin,If you are sure and think The Mod can handle it then fine.Im bothered cos i wud be hurt alot if this Thread gets to the gutters undecided
Lagossbobo,lol.Point noted.AR has talked abt The ideal Muslimah.I wud have to read it then ASAP.
@Uplawal,im still waiting for the pics of flowing bubu and tents.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Jarus(m): 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
I think this thread is better here for many reasons;
- it will generate a lot of issues and you know these trolls, and teh whole thread will turn into another thing
- Ifyalways is a popular person on NL, and I see people attacking her in other parts of the forum because of her change of faith
- Mukina and I will be accused of favouring Muslims because we did not put a similar thread from other religious section
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by mukina2: 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
Nicely said @ Jarus.

Where did they attack her? link?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2010
ifyalways:

Muhsin,If you are sure and think The Mod can handle it then fine.Im bothered cos i wud be hurt alot if this Thread gets to the gutters undecided
Lagossbobo,lol.Point noted.AR has talked abt The ideal Muslimah.I wud have to read it then ASAP.
@Uplawal,im still waiting for the pics of flowing bubu and tents.

LOLS, Yeah get your hands on it ASAP and dont forget "from my sisters lips".

Jarus:

- it will generate a lot of issues and you know these trolls, and teh whole thread will turn into another thing
- Ifyalways is a popular person on NL, and I see people attacking her in other parts of the forum because of her change of faith
- Mukina and I will be accused of favouring Muslims because we did not put a similar thread from other religious section

Oga Jarus I think you have a point here, the trolls never give up and i must confess they almost frustrated me from this section of Nl except this thread. Anyway I leave the issue to the discretion of the mods as it was just a thought from me while thinking of the larger people that might benefit from the dawah. However we have to balance and weigh the benefits and harm.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by zayhal(f): 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Ify

May Allah grant you safest delivery and bless the babies. Having twins is a very wonderful experience. I always pray to have them, at least, a set.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by mukina2: 5:26pm On Sep 28, 2010
zayhal:

@Ify

May Allah grant you safest delivery and bless the babies. Having twins is a very wonderful experience. I always pray to have them, at least, a set.
Amin smiley

triplets for my sister Zayhal grin
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by zayhal(f): 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
mukina2:

Amin smiley

triplets for my sister Zayhal grin

LOL. Then you should be ready to come down to Nigeria to baby sit one of them.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 8:52am On Sep 29, 2010
zayhal:

@Ify

LOL.
I have had the boys already,they are almost 2.Expecting more Insha Allah,so I claim ur prayer . . .Amin!
@Lagosboy,AR is getting haut and hauter daily cheesy Hes going to Hajj,Im jealous embarassed
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2010
ifyalways:

LOL.
I have had the boys already,they are almost 2.Expecting more Insha Allah,so I claim your prayer . . .Amin!
@Lagosboy,AR is getting haut and hauter daily cheesy Hes going to Hajj,Im jealous embarassed

Oh Wonderful! mashallah! Even me i am jealous now lols. May Allah make us all steadfast unto the rope of Allah.  Decided on the names now? Tell AR to put you in the luggage when goin lols and leave AR2 with mama. lols
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2010
Hmmm. . . .

Ify has become a muslima ? cry

We must equalise angry . . . Muki where are you ?  cheesy
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2010
Allah says wear cloak i.e  bubu,kaba,Abayas,long free skirt goes too with very loosed blouse that will fall into the category of cloak
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 8:47am On Sep 30, 2010
illusion2:

Hmmm. . . .

Ify has become a muslima ? cry

We must equalise angry . . . Muki where are you ?  cheesy
LOL
uplawal:

Allah says wear cloak i.e bubu,kaba,Abayas,long free skirt goes too with very loosed blouse that will give fall into the category of cloak
Uplawal,cite the quotation and pls find and upload pics of what u term as "bubu,kaba,abayas,long free skirts " Thank you.
Lagosboy:

Oh Wonderful! mashallah! Even me i am jealous now lols. May Allah make us all steadfast unto the rope of Allah.  Decided on the names now? Tell AR to put you in the luggage when goin lols and leave AR2 with mama. lols
Haha.
We are not yet decided oh,He wants AbdulRazak and AbdulRaheem while i prefer AbdulRaheem and AbdulRahman.One Razak is enuff already but im sure he wud dance my tune soonest.lol
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
ifyalways:

LOLUplawal,cite the quotation and pls find and upload pics of what u term as "bubu,kaba,abayas,long free skirts " Thank you.Haha.
We are not yet decided oh,He wants AbdulRazak and AbdulRaheem while i prefer AbdulRaheem and AbdulRahman.One Razak is enuff already but im sure he wud dance my tune soonest.lol
Either way it is still AR2 lols.

@uplawal
I dont think anyone will diasgree with you on the point of mode of dressing , also i think i have addressed this issue on this thread on preceeding pages. The bottom line is the clothing should be loose so as not to reveal the shape of the woman ana a hijab to cover her bossom. The specifics Allah never mentioned in the quran- different cultures have different mode of dressing. And God knows best.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by tpiah: 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2010
Jarus:

- [size=14pt]Ifyalways is a popular person on NL, and I see people attacking her in other parts of the forum because of her change of faith [/size]

what change of faith?

the only so-called "attack" i saw was on the sam milla thread, and that was over a previous issue unrelated to religion.

i'm not aware anyone knows she converted to islam and if she did, why would that be a reason for someone to attack her?

you're projecting again, i see.

now, i want to assume her conversion has to do with her partner maybe, and if that's the case, most non-muslims marrying muslims know they might be asked to convert sooner or later?

she's been asking questions about islam for almost a year now, so i doubt most people would be surprised at this.

i know i'm not.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Jarus(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2010
Enter Tpia.

i'm not aware anyone knows she converted to islam and if she did, why would that be a reason for someone to attack her? Huh

you're projecting again, i see.
Hey Madam I know what I'm saying. Even somebody like me that was born a Muslim and flaunt it anywhere knows what i face in the open forum. The mere knowledge that you're a Muslim comes with hatred by some people. My only sin in teh sight of many nairalanders in the politics section is that I am a Muslim. So every thing you say or post, is looked at from the religious angle: You and Xavier are chief culprits here, incidentally.
Want evidences? one, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-433412.0.html#msg5923696 and many more.

now, i want to assume her conversion has to do with her partner maybe, and if that's the case, most non-muslims marrying muslims know they might be asked to convert sooner or later?

she's been asking questions about islam for almost a year now, so i doubt most people would be surprised at this.

i know i'm not.
Off the mark again. Both she and her husband converted together.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by tpiah: 4:15am On Oct 01, 2010
^^you're very paranoid, have grandiose delusions, and seem to think you're the only muslim here.

as per your link- yes, i noticed you had no problem with yaradua until you heard he went to see some pastors.

do you have a problem with other people's opinions?

and quit playing victim when you're the one always throwing stones. People see through you.

amazing that you're claiming you're disliked because you're a muslim. That's rich, coming from you.

but if it makes you feel better, then rock on.

since no nigerian or nler has ever seen a muslim before.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Jarus(m): 6:55am On Oct 01, 2010
I know you are not olodo, but your brain fails you this time around.
Wasn't it clear enough from the article that, if anything, the pastors account of YRD's condition was the first I trusted, having been dismissing all prior press accounts as exaggerated. I gave kudos to the pastors for saying the actual condition they met YRD, while advising Turai that she needed to act fast and toe the path of honour.
But to you, I must not mention anything/anybody Christian. The earlier you shed that mindset, the better for you Madam.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Jarus(m): 7:02am On Oct 01, 2010
While every other person secularly analysing the issues I raised, the only thing you forced yourself to see was where I mentioned Pastors. Tell me you didn't read that piece, like any other post I make, with a bigotic mindset. This was glaring to even the only poster after you that asked you why you can be that cynical.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by azharuddin: 9:56am On Oct 01, 2010
@Jarus
stick to the topic remember : )
dont let em taunt ya bro.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by tpiah: 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
Jarus:

I know you are not olodo, but your brain fails you this time around.
Wasn't it clear enough from the article that, if anything, the pastors account of YRD's condition was the first I trusted, having been dismissing all prior press accounts as exaggerated. I gave kudos to the pastors for saying the actual condition they met YRD, while advising Turai that she needed to act fast and toe the path of honour.
But to you, I must not mention anything/anybody Christian. The earlier you shed that mindset, the better for you Madam.

paranoia.

and show me any thread you opened about yaradua's health prior to his visit with those pastors.

you really have no point here.

Jarus:

While every other person secularly analysing the issues I raised, the only thing you forced yourself to see was where I mentioned Pastors. Tell me you didn't read that piece, like any other post I make, with a bigotic mindset. This was glaring to even the only poster after you that asked you why you can be that cynical.

you are more bigoted than anyone you point fingers at.

fact.

it's a part of you which you cant escape or wish away.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Jarus(m): 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2010
Must I open a thread on Yar'adua before I express my opinion about his health? Where we had many threads I can easily express my views on. But fyi, check my thread/article, 'Random Musings of Jarus' and see my prior comment on YRD's health/Turai's actions. The thread/article came before the Pastors' visit.
Grow, Ma'am!
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by tpiah: 5:24am On Oct 02, 2010
^^give it a rest.

nuff said.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 9:59am On Oct 02, 2010
Lagosboy:

Either way it is still AR2 lols.

@uplawal
I dont think anyone will diasgree with you on the point of mode of dressing , also i think i have addressed this issue on this thread on preceeding pages. The bottom line is the clothing should be loose so as not to reveal the shape of the woman ana a hijab to cover her bossom. The specifics Allah never mentioned in the quran- d[b]ifferent cultures have different mode of dressing. And God knows best.[/b]

Yeah,Still Razak-ing cheesy
@Bolded,I so agree with that.Still,to see things from Uplawals point of view,it wud make things easier if she has photos.
@Uplawal,Salams.Please upload pics ASAP.
tpiah:

No,i and my Partner were Christians b4.I did not marry a born Muslim.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by zubeyr(m): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2010
Islam emphasizes modesty.No person should be perceived as sex object there are certain guidelines  both for  men and women that their dress should be neither be  too thin nor too tight to reveal body forms For men they must at least cover the area called (Awrah) from the knee to navel
For women their dress should cover all area except the hands and face the veil is not essential or mandatory according to most scholars it has to do more with Arab culture than Islam it is common in some Arab golf states Yemen Iran Afghanistan and some part of Pakistan and India 
NB Awrah:  is term within Islam which denotes the intimates parts of the body for both men and women which must be covered with closing
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2010
ifyalways:

No,i and my Partner were Christians b4.I did not marry a born Muslim.

Really? So wetin come happen ?

Please share your testimony. . . .

I noticed you metioned 'partner' & not 'husband' undecided. . .
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2010
illusion2:

Really? So wetin come happen ?

Please share your testimony. . . .

I noticed you metioned 'partner' & not 'husband' undecided. . .

My good pal wink The thing wey happen be say Ifys heart was illuminated and she decided to bow in submission to God without associating any partners in him and she was convinced about Muahmmed PBUH being the Prophet of God Likewise Jesus PBUH.

I am patiently waiting for the day you will toe this path yourself inshallah!! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply)

Moment Phones Were Left Behind In A Mosque During Worship (Video) / Massalikul Jinaan Mosque Dakar, Senegal: The Biggest In West Africa Opens Doors / Man Says He "Found Allah's Name On Ram Meat" In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.