Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:29 PM

Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. - Islam for Muslims (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. (39085 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by agabaI23(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
Yes darling tongue
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by hymen(f): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
macomrades:

@toba
Muslim males are permitted to marry christian and jewish females, but muslim females can only marry muslim males, it's that simple, and no the difference between muslims and non muslims is not only because we say Allah while you say god (sic), no it goes beyond that for example muslims believe in the oneness of Allah and not in trinity nor original sin. the list goes on,
Muslims also believe in 'Al Jannah ' with 72 full breasted virgins grin grin grin grin
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lagosboy:

IFY should I assume all your curiosity has been satisfied?

Yes.thanks alot. cool
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2010
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
smiley
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2010
Ify and illusion are you communicating using russian style secret codes? wink
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
Lagosboy:

U know na wink
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by muhsin(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2010
Hey there!
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nezan(m): 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2010
Hi, Muhsin, how na?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 9:23am On Jul 14, 2010
muhsin:

Hey there!
Whats up bro?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2010
@Jamal,May Allah accept all ur duas during this fasting period. smiley
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Jarus(m): 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2010
ifyalways:

@Jamal,May Allah accept all your duas during this fasting period. smiley
Hi Ify,
Are u fasting Ramadan?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2010
Jarus:

Hi Ify,
Are u fasting Ramadan?
Hulloooo.
Sadly,im not cos of a good health condition wink Hubby is though,so im very well covered. lol
I know all ur prayers qnd supplications wud be granted smiley
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2010
illusion2:

smiley
tongue
Lagosboy:

Twinkle,twinkle,little star!
@Mushin,have a great Ramadan Bros.
Illusion,when its time to feast,i hope u wud give me the privilege of hosting u even though,u and i didn't fast.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2010
ifyalways:

:PTwinkle,twinkle,little star!
Illusion,when its time to feast,i hope u wud give me the privilege of hosting u even though,u and i didn't fast.

Funny enough,due to govt restriction on public eating during Ramadhan here,I usually take the time to renew myself spiritually and fast along with my muslim brethren.

So you're on your own   tongue
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2010
illusion2:

Funny enough,due to govt restriction on public eating during Ramadhan here,I usually take the time to renew myself spiritually and fast along with my muslim brethren.

So you're on your own   tongue
lies,lies and lies.
Fasting with no prayers_starving urself. tongue
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by muhsin(m): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2010
ifyalways:

The correct name remains Muhsin; not Mushin. The latter is a name of a local government, I think, in Lagos, while the former means Doer of Good in Arabic language. lol smiley

How are you doing? I can't understand what you mean by saying you aren't fasting because of "good health condition". Are you not well? Or still, ? shocked

Any ways, I wish you all the bast in life. Thanks.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Jarus(m): 11:05am On Aug 24, 2010
Fasting with no prayers_starving urself.

wow . . u don become Islamic 'scholaress' o . . . . grin
Many born-Muslims don't even know that
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by zayhal(f): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2010
Jarus:

wow . . u don become Islamic 'scholaress' o . . . . grin
Many[b] born-Muslims[/b] don't even know that

Is Ify a muslimah now?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by agabaI23(m): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ Yes! Send her the welcome pack! grin
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 10:36am On Aug 25, 2010
@Muhsin,forgive me oh.i got carried away,been dreaming abt Mushin-olosha.
One of my fav. duahs,enjoy with me
O God grant us a fear of u that wud come btwn us and the acts of disobedience to u,an obedience to u that wud take us to ur garden and a certainty that will lighten the calamities of this world on us.Let us live enjoying our hearing,our sight and strength as long as u grant us life and ket it be the last to be taken from us.Avenge us from those who have wronged us and help us against our enemies.Let no calamity befall us in our religion,let not worldly affairs be our greatest care nor the extent of our knowledge and do not on account of our sins put us under the control of those who will have no fear of u concerning us,nor show us mercy.
@Agaba, You are the welcome pack,sweetie. tongue
Jarus,lagosboy has been most helping.

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by javalove(m): 11:29am On Aug 25, 2010
Woooowwwwww. . .

Because of this thread, I have not done anything in the office today. and its almost 2 here. Thank God by bosses are on official assignment to mexico. . . .I read it from kpali to kpali. . . grin Very informative, educative and thought provoking. . .

@LagosBoy

May Allah reward u abundantly and forgive you your sins. Walahi for a second, I wished was the one writing. Allah has indeed made you knowledgeable. May this thread be a hujja for you on kiyama. . .May Allah accept your prayers and your fast too (and everyone)

@Ifyalways

Kedu. . .? You though you were asking the questions for yourself alone? Indirectly, Allah has used your questions to lecture some of us. . .All i can say is that may Allah be woth you and your husband and make for you a blissful home. . .May he make all you have learnt not an evidence of punishment for u on judgement day but a proof of success. . .and hopefully Insha Allah, the name Habiba you inquired about will be yours as a muslima grin grin grin

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2010
ifyalways:

lies,lies and lies.
Fasting with no prayers_starving urself. tongue
True-true and true.

I fast with plenty prayers my dear for - Nigeria, better muslim-christian relations,family etc. . . . . . .  .of course done in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  wink
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2010
@Javalove,O di nma.Imela.
Another of my favorites.
O God make me grateful to you,mindful of you,full of fear for you,devoted in obedience to you,humble before you,earnest in supplication and always returning to you.My Lord! accept my repentance,wash away my sins,answer my supplications,establish my veracity,guide my heart,make my tongue truthful and remove all ill-feelings from my heart.I ask you for good beginnings,good endings,the totality of goodness,from the first to the last.I seek refuge in you from the difficulties of calamities and the catching up of wretchedness,the evil of the decree and ridicule of enemies.Amen
illusion2:

True-true and true.

I fast with plenty prayers my dear for - Nigeria, better muslim-christian relations,family etc. . . . . . .  .of course done in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  wink
Dont i lurvvve u,If most of us could do this. . . .
So wud u break ur fast same time as muslims? smiley

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2010
ifyalways:

[/b]Dont i lurvvve u,If most of us could do this. . . .
So wud u break your fast same time as muslims? smiley
I normally break at 6,while my muslim brethren break closer to 5.30pm nowadays(though they started at 6.30 earlier on in the month). In addition to the fact that I don't have an early breakfast like them  tongue
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2010
@All

First time on NL this ramadhan!! Alihamdulilah good to see everyone doing fine and Jarus Happy birthday (belated). I wish my beloved people a blisfull last ten days and may it really be a freedom from Hell fire!! "O Allah avert from us the punishment of the fire , it is indeed a terrible punishment" Q25

@IFY
I really enjoy the dua you posted they are wonderful. habiba longtime i hope everything is going cool I would hola again inshallah soonest, Hope you making good ogbono and punded yam for him to break his fast. wink

@Javalove
Thanks and jazakallah for the dua may Allah accpet the effort from the humble slave and may the effort illuminate the hearts of all that com across it.

@Illusion
Keep up with your fasting as it rejuvenates you spiritually like you said perhaps sometime soon your forehead might begin to go down in sujud to the lord of the worlds. wink

@Muhsin
Abeg forgive Ify for the mistake in spelling your name may Allah indeed eleavte us all to the rank of the muhsineen
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2010
My guy long time. . .I wish you all the best in life.

Lagosboy:

@Illusion
perhaps sometime soon your forehead might begin to go down in sujud to the lord of the worlds. wink
This can only happen if I marry a gulf arab wife tongue (highly unlikely)
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2010
illusion2:

My guy long time. . .I wish you all the best in life.
This can only happen if I marry a gulf arab wife tongue (highly unlikely)

You never know buddie , God could use different means including you falling for one of them pretty Qatari/Kuwaiti Arab princesses wink
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2010
Lagosboy:

You never know buddie , God could use different means including you falling for one of them pretty Qatari/Kuwaiti Arab princesses wink
This alhaji sabi correct thing no be small cheesy
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 9:28am On Sep 03, 2010
Lagosboy:

@IFY
I really enjoy the dua you posted they are wonderful. habiba longtime i hope everything is going cool I would hola again inshallah soonest, Hope you making good ogbono and punded yam for him to break his fast. wink

J smiley
Thank you for stopping by.Trust me,hes having more Pounded yam.Few more days left but lots of powerful and wonderful things we are all gonna be blessed with, . Insha Allah.
@Illusion,hullo buddy.still fasting?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2010
ifyalways:

@Illusion,hullo buddy.still fasting?
Of course dear. . . . .just broke with an uncharacteristic heavy dose of semo tongue
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2010
illusion2:

Of course dear. . . . .just broke with an uncharacteristic heavy dose of semo  tongue
Good for you.I dislike Semo,its too Iyama-listic for my liking.Throw me a ball of akpu or amala and im all urs.  tongue
@Topic,Hope we all had a good celebration?
Erhm,I have a question.One of the things i believe as an individual is that when it comes to matters concerning how i look,no-one has the right to dictate to me how to go abt it and Yeah i know it aint so good lol
Ok,I love dreadlocks,its good on me and good for my profession so im asking and need to know,Is it really cool for a Muslima?
Wud it be classified as a haram?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply)

Saudi Stops Stoning Ritual For Five Hours Over Heatwave / Tissue Paper And Islam / Ramadan: 80 Nigerians Arrested For Eating In Public During Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.