Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) (69855 Views)

Donald Trump Bans Diego Maradona From Entering US "For Insulting Trump On TV" / Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) / President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by bizhop01: 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
NEXT BATCH WILL BE AFRICA

1 Like

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by ogbonti: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
ikp120:
I'm sorry to say this, but Trump is behaving like an asshole.

Trump I don't hate you, but you are the worst asshole I've ever seen in all my life.

C'mon, we know the shiit the dude is try to curb, but what he is doing is a worse piece of shiit mehn. Trump doesn't listen to people. I mean, tyranny is written all over his life and history. Why da fvck did those people vote his ass into that fvcking seat?

A court in US has upturned the fvcking ban, but Trump's boys are claiming that they ain't stepping down on the fvcking order. C'mon, who does that in a nation like the USA? undecided

Abeg who get Trump's phone number? angry angry

be there complaining, a court that upturned it is subject to a SUPREME COURT (SCOTUS) I hope you remember that!
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by Shafiiimran99: 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lightening:

Every Muslim is a terrorist, potential terrorist or silent supporter. I bet you, this is just the starting point. The ban will soon cone the way of those exempted. You guys should just reform Islam or know that this will be the beginning of the end.
U just wait n c, do u know that Islam recorded highest number of convertion in America after 911 because they knew 911 was carried out by Bush gorvt in order to stop Islam from spreading but reverse is the case so, Trump can't stop us
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by charlesucheh(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
there are elements of sense in donald's nonsense o!!!!!! because truly, if they feel their religious ways of living is fair and good enough, they should stay there and enjoy it...... the american president is just so scared of terror attacks.
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by realjoker(m): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
chachanga:

Islam now appears to be feeling the same type of the selective hypocrisy of the "politically correct" sentiments that Christianity had chaffed at, for years now.
lolz... Which selective hypocrisy are talking about here.

Didn't Obama over-push the envelope at convincing the world that Fanatical/Radical Islamic Bombers were "merely misunderstood?"
Now, people are crying over a single man with his policies for saving his country from the onslaught of a foreign culture that appears to a hotbed for catalyzing violence?
Pls, let the wailers wail, abeg!
I Am sure you are one of the people who condemn Buhari on the clamp donw on the Shite, OK if you do. Trump is doing the same thing as Buhari does, by clamping down on Shias countries and spearing Sunnis countries. Am sure you don't understand what is going on. All the countries Trump ban are Shia countries while spearing The Sunnis who are the one sponsoring Terrorism in Shia countries in collaboration with their Sunnis alies.

If he did ban them all, won't ya'll still complain?
He didn't ban them all, you're still preempting that?
Best accept the status quo for what it is, bro.
this one is no quivering lily-"livered" apologist!
Lolz you know nothing about international politics. I seriously want him to do so,, But you know what, he lacks the gut to do so,
once the west still rely on cheap energy from Saudi Arabia and its Gulf Sunnis. He lacks the gut, if he dares crude oil will hit $200 within a blink of the eye. [/quote]

Ahhhh, from your mouth?
After the Southern-Kaduna killings, BokoHaram & Fulani targeted killings?
Get information bro
switch off on the "MullahTV" & ZeeWorld
Watch real channels, read real newspapers
and you would know your above dismissive submissions are not true at all and neither do they do justice to the countless dead Christians in those same zones you mentioned.
OR
Better still, go find out how much a Conscience costs, and let's buy you one!
Lolz, you are indeed novice in politics, both local and international politics. Southern Kaduna killings is more of an inter tribal(communal) and political crisis than it is a religious crisis although they have make it looks like an inter religious crisis. And Boko Haram is more of apolitical than religious, the record shows they have killed more Muslims than religious even though they make you believe its a religious movement, and if you think I am wrong try and spear your time to find out what is the cause, how it started and how it turns out to be a heavily armed group from a common ragtags who were only armed with knives and arrows. And for the Fulani killings they attack more Muslims dominated community than Christians dominated Onces, they attacks more than 5 Muslims predominant communities last week in Niger state alone, and many more Muslims communities in core northern states. I once believed they are trying to forcefully take fertile land away from the middle beltern by alienating the Christians predominant communities but the records shows that they have attacked more Muslims predominant communities this year than the Christian communities, so I am now skeptical about what they are actually after and I am not ruling out the enemy of the president having hand in it but him the president himself is not helping matter with his persistent silence hence I believe he is sympathetic to their actions.

1 Like

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by henrimoto(m): 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
hemartins:
Why didn't Trump ban Islamic country such as Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and the UAE. Only the wise would understand
The four islamic countries you mentioned in the middle east, their citizens hardly travel out to the u.s or u.k except for Education.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
nlsmd:
But aren't these part of his campaign promises and Trump is just fulfilling his campaign promises.

Pls why aren't these Refugees going to Saudi Arabia and other super rich Muslim country? undecided

Mosques in America
Year 2000: 1,209
Year 2016: 3,186

Churches in Saudi Arabia
Year 2000: 0
Year 2016: 0

You can't enter the UAE if you have an Israeli Passport or were born in Israel, and we didn't sew #JewBan protest, point is, Nations decide their OWN immigration policies. undecided

If you wanna lie, you should at least be sensible.

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by dawood4good: 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Lies from the pits of hell, its just organised homosexuals and ignorant Americans that are protesting...Why didnt they protest when Saudi Arabia refused to take in a single refugee... Only an Ignorant fool wont support Trump in his bid to bring sanity to Islamic sponsored violence
What you should have ask yourself is that is it Saudi Arabia that ignited the crisis in Syria and other Arabs nations? Is it Saudi Arabia that killed Sadam Hussein in Iraq?Ghaddafi in Libya? bombing of Syria cities and killing innocent kids? No! it is the same western European countries spearheaded by America. The evil that men do leave after them.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by engrMikemd(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
hemartins:
Why didn't Trump ban Islamic country such as Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and the UAE. Only the wise would understand
hmmm there more to this than meet the eye
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by oyiboeru(m): 10:20pm On Jan 29, 2017
nlsmd:
But aren't these part of his campaign promises and Trump is just fulfilling his campaign promises.

Pls why aren't these Refugees going to Saudi Arabia and other super rich Muslim country? undecided

Mosques in America
Year 2000: 1,209
Year 2016: 3,186

Churches in Saudi Arabia
Year 2000: 0
Year 2016: 0

You can't enter the UAE if you have an Israeli Passport or were born in Israel, and we didn't sew #JewBan protest, point is, Nations decide their OWN immigration policies. undecided
Godwin Amadi wrote

THIS IS THE “CHANGE” WE VOTED FOR!

Some people glamourize regret as if regret is a virtue or an endowment. All some posers need to do to remain relevant on social media is to say they regret voting Buhari. Others less imaginative ask, “Is this the change we voted for?” Whenever I hear these, I am reminded that loyalty is a high-price commodity.

What are you regretting? IF you really voted “Change”, what did you have in mind? Instead of reveling in your ignorance, should you not be ashamed that you lacked the basic understanding of what you espoused? At your age and with your level of education you still dance to every beat? Shame!

This is the “Change” I campaigned and voted for. From inception, I know real, lasting change comes at a high cost and discomfort. Have you ever attempted to change your life, weight, values or complexion? Did it come cheap or easy? Why do many people fail to live up to their New Year resolutions? Genuine change at any level is tough and cruel at first. Nigeria will not be an exception.

What happens when corporate organizations decide to change processes and procedures in the workplace? It is usually resisted because most people prefer the status quo. Corporate changes like mergers, acquisitions and reconstructions create imbalance and uncertainties in the concerned entities. I know a man whose workforce reduced by 75% when he restructured (or effected change in) his company. Today, the same man is shouting his voice hoarse that Buhari’s change is draconian and insensitive. Hypocrite!

How do we become self-sufficient in food production? The answer is simple: make heavy investments in agriculture and ban importation of foods that deplete our foreign reserve. Take rice for instance. As long as there are no restrictions on the importation of rice, local farmers will not grow rice and our exotic taste buds will not be retrained. If I were Buhari, I would put a total ban on the importation of rice.

Take cars, fabrics and wines (and spirits) for another instance. Something drastic needed to be done about our appetite for cars, clothes and wines. The cumulative costs of importing this trio into Nigeria consumed a substantial share of our foreign reserve. Buhari says NO. He argues that if you must use these imports, then be ready to pay a premium price for them. This is simple logic and economics. This is especially so since global oil price has dwindled and tempers are high in the Niger Delta.

Goods are more expensive in Nigeria today because Buhari insists that most of the products we import can and should be produced locally. By so doing, he has flung open unending investment and job opportunities for Nigerians especially. While reserving limited foreign exchange for some critical sectors of the economy, Buhari is urging them to make hay while the sun shines. Buhari is CHANGING the way we live, and the pains we now experience are his instruments of CHANGE. You can only take it, but you can’t reject it.

Why is Buhari putting these strategic restrictions on our consumption patterns? If you are PDP or a hater, these restrictions are to punish Nigerians. But to the dispassionate observer, Buhari’s stance is the most effective route to Nigeria’s escape from economic doldrums festered by inordinate importation of all and every product. Some countries in Asia, Africa and North America have provided infallible precedents to what Buhari has set out to do.

What has happened so far? Buhari is in a mad hurry to fix the refineries. About 6 states are now producing rice in commercial quantities. Cross River state has almost completed what is arguably the largest textile mill in Africa. Buhari is challenging Nigerians to introspect and unleash their creative geniuses. Unfortunately, politics is providing a distracting counter-intuition to these breath-taking developments.

Where will Nigeria be in 10 years if we continue (or forced to continue) to look inwards? Imagine what will happen if we continue to produce a larger chunk of what we eat, wear and drink. Imagine when Aba, Sokoto, Nnewi, Kano, Ondo, Osun, Benue and Nasarawa turn natural endowments into skills. Imagine when our universities and polytechnics wake up. Imagine when our industries and blue-chip companies begin to produce. Only a bold step like Buhari’s CHANGE will give form to these imaginations.

If you did not understand Buhari’s change, it is not Buhari’s fault. Regretting voting Buhari says so much about your character. Asking “Is this the change we voted for?” is the clearest indication that you must never be taken seriously again. You are a plastic supporter, and we will not need you in 2019

1 Like

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by oyiboeru(m): 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
amebo101:
Donald Trump has ordered a four-month ban on all refugees entering the US.

The President also singled out refugees from Syria as barred from entering the country indefinitely, or until he himself decides they are allowed in.No visas will be issued to immigrants from seven mainly-Muslim nations including Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen for 90 days.

"I'm establishing new vetting measures to keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States of America. Don't want them here," Trump said earlier on Friday at the Pentagon.
"We only want to admit those into our country who will support our country and love deeply our people," he said.

There were reports of Syrian families who have spent up to two years being vetted for a visa left stranded at the airport having sold all their possessions.

See the photos from the protest below

Source: http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2017/01/protest-across-us-airportsas-trump-bans.html

EXCELLENT. Trump just got his first lesson on separation of powers. Federal court halts Trump's #MuslimBan.

"The federal court for the Eastern District of New York issued an emergency stay halting President Donald Trump’s executive order banning entry to the US from seven majority-Muslim countries tonight, following widespread protests at airports around the country.

The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshawi, who were denied entry to the US upon landing at JFK airport in New York City and detained indefinitely by Customs and Border Patrol. Darweesh spent a decade working for the United States military in Iraq as an interpreter and engineer and had been granted an entry visa after background checks; Alshawi had been granted a visa in order to join his wife and son who are already permanent residents of the US after their similar service with the US military."

http://www.theverge.com/…/federal-court-halts-trumps-immigr…

1 Like

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by skondo09(m): 10:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
[quote author=fastguy10 post=53238821]It look like Muslims suffer in western while Christians suffer in Africa [/quote

But no body is killing Muslim there
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by oglalasioux(m): 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
A step in the right direction. One of the reasons I supported Trump from the beginning.
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by Shym3xx: 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lol, the hysteria about "Muslim" ban is quite funny and the liberal media added steroids to it. grin

The countries that were banned have been on Pentagon's "axis of evil" list since 9/11 and people from those countries are always vetted before they're allowed into the US albeit they allowed refugees from those countries into the US after proper vetting process.

The only difference is that: Trump in his clown fashion decided to posture like he means business, whereas Liberals do the same thing all the time without going to the press about it and being gungho.

If he actually wanted to ban Muslims - he'd have to ban all the gulf countries, all the countries in North Africa, Pakistan, and Indonesia. Just being overzealous about some countries on "axis of evil" list, which is routine for all US leaders, doesn't cut it.

Anyway, those who understand US/international politics should know. Trump is just a face of a system controlled by others. 90% of whatever decision he makes is basically routine for all US presidents, albeit only 10% would be his decision. However, all US presidents just have different approaches. While some might be covert with it - Trump is just being overt with his. Ain't nothing changed. grin

Trump had the world screaming and shook - this orange nyggah is a crazy heifer. Trump is that guy!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by masqot(m): 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2017
So America is their motherland where they must fight tooth and nail to enter? Though Trump is sending a signal that would be misconstrued, it's safety first.
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by SalamRushdie: 11:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
dawood4good:
What you should have ask yourself is that is it Saudi Arabia that ignited the crisis in Syria and other Arabs nations? Is it Saudi Arabia that killed Sadam Hussein in Iraq?Ghaddafi in Libya? bombing of Syria cities and killing innocent kids? No! it is the same western European countries spearheaded by America. The evil that men do leave after them.

The only evil in the world today is fanatical islam period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by bezimo(m): 11:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
I dont understand again. Why are they complaining bitterly. I thought muslims hate the infidels and western culture and their way of life. Why are they trooping en masse to America.
To terrorize America like they are presently doing to Germany and France.Abi.

Welldone President Trump, please extend the ban to nothern Nigeria muslims who are promoting islamic rascality and bloodshed.
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by sexyjob(m): 12:03am On Jan 30, 2017
hemartins:
If you are thinking Oil, you should know that some of the banned countries are oil producers. All the countries banned have one thing in common - fertile grounds for terrorism. And all the ones mentioned are relatively peaceful Islamic countries.
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by morisnewrain(m): 12:37am On Jan 30, 2017
hemartins:
U want to finish the US? Those are their power homes.
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by salauwale(m): 1:10am On Jan 30, 2017
President trumps response to the #Muslim ban.

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by herich(m): 1:31am On Jan 30, 2017
They are begging now, thought they so much hate US.
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by dealbest: 2:33am On Jan 30, 2017
hemartins:
the rate of such countries being a high terrorist country is very low.. Unlike the banned countries.. Coupled with the fact most Nigerians supported trump to win.. If u want to migrate to America now is the time just incase u don't know.. Only if u have a good intentions to work as a good citizens if u misbehave u might also find yourself on the list.. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by JUHABACH: 6:38am On Jan 30, 2017
i ll say this though. this ban is just plain stupid.
in the first place, a ban just means more foot soldiers for terrorist cells (you know, the very people america is constantly at war against)

but more importantly is the fact that muslim immigrants are the least likely persons to commit terrorism (except your knowledge of the world is based around tv series like 24).
in fact, including the 9/11 attacks and taking into account muslim immigrants since the 90s, americans have a 1 in 3.6 milion chance of being killed in a terorist attack.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/29/opinions/what-trump-said-about-travel-ban-is-false-opinion-aslan/
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by Osama10(m): 7:32am On Jan 30, 2017
Hmmn.
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by alfredbisong: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2017
the Muslims are know to be enemy of peace across the world,I wish this could happen in nigeria
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by NemzySeries(m): 8:41am On Jan 30, 2017
ikp120:
I'm sorry to say this, but Trump is behaving like an asshole.

Trump I don't hate you, but you are the worst asshole I've ever seen in all my life.

C'mon, we know the shiit the dude is try to curb, but what he is doing is a worse piece of shiit mehn. Trump doesn't listen to people. I mean, tyranny is written all over his life and history. Why da fvck did those people vote his ass into that fvcking seat?

A court in US has upturned the fvcking ban, but Trump's boys are claiming that they ain't stepping down on the fvcking order. C'mon, who does that in a nation like the USA? undecided

Abeg who get Trump's phone number? angry angry
wit all dis ur noise tell me d 1 wey buhari don do for u
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 30, 2017
Am so loving this. You guys haven't seen anything yet. This is just a tip of the iceberg. This is just the beginning of the end. Rid-on Trump
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 30, 2017
It will. I think Christians has woken from their sleep. Enough is enough.
alfredbisong:
the Muslims are know to be enemy of peace across the world,I wish this could happen in nigeria
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by shipnclear: 9:26am On Jan 30, 2017
Hmmmm...
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2017
JUHABACH:
i ll say this though. this ban is just plain stupid.
in the first place, a ban just means more foot soldiers for terrorist cells (you know, the very people america is constantly at war against)

but more importantly is the fact that muslim immigrants are the least likely persons to commit terrorism (except your knowledge of the world is based around tv series like 24).
in fact, including the 9/11 attacks and taking into account muslim immigrants since the 90s, americans have a 1 in 3.6 milion chance of being killed in a terorist attack.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/29/opinions/what-trump-said-about-travel-ban-is-false-opinion-aslan/

His name is Trump, not Obama. That decision is final, America is going to be Muslim free from now on whether you like it or not. Sometimes, people allow certain injustice done to them, not that they don't know what to do. Terrorists attack here and there, all from Muslims. Killing and maiming innocent souls. It has got to stop. I see this happening in Nigeria soon.
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by victor8269: 10:10am On Jan 30, 2017
Obama banned Iran for 6 months n nothing happened. So because it is Trump, some idiots r raising placards. Let them go yo Saudi Arabia, America is not by force
Re: Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) by realjoker(m): 10:12am On Jan 30, 2017
victornna:

His name is Trump, not Obama. That decision is final, America is going to be Muslim free from now on whether you like it or not. Sometimes, people allow certain injustice done to them, not that they don't know what to do. Terrorists attack here and there, all from Muslims. Killing and maiming innocent souls. It has got to stop. I see this happening in Nigeria soon.
At the Bolden, so, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Indonesia, Malaysia Tunisia, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco and the UAE that Trump lacks the gut to ban are Atheist countries? I keep telling you guys the only difference between you bigots and Islamic terrorists ragtags is only that you bigots lacks the guts to pick up arms.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Naked Donald Trump Statues Erected In New York (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.