Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? (22109 Views)

White Collar Job And Starting My Own Business: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by adekalumichael: 10:29am On Feb 03, 2017
Salary job has it pros and cons while business as well do. The term "FREEDOM" as most people clamour when you own your business is dependent on some factors which could make or mar a business. Some will remain enslaved to their business, if not properly handled and it would ditch them into lifetime debt while their counterpart in white collar job is doing well.

Don't be deceived, as worst as the economy is, some people are being favored in white collar job or salary job, and it still remains the highest recruitment of labour.

I love business and it could be run alongside your salary job depending on the flexibility.
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Mcowubaba: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2017
GreenMavro:
cheesy

BUSINESS ALL THE WAY...

MY FRIEND RESIGNED FROM HIS 198K JOB TO FACE HIS ONLINE BUSINESS...WITHIN 2WEEKS HE HAS MADE HIS ONE MONTH SALARY grin grin

Now he makes btw 30-40k daily angry

What's the online business?
Kindly provide details?
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Willie2015: 10:36am On Feb 03, 2017
Doing business is the best as employer can kick you out anytime as an employee. You dont have any age limit in carrying out your business while you get kicked out by 60 yrs as an employee.

Most employees still fall back on doing small scale business even after leaving normal employment. Salary jobs should only be taken as a means of securing finance or capital to start business.

No one ever got wealthy with salary jobs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Bankoleyemi: 10:36am On Feb 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
I was with my friends today in school after our lectures when we had several discussion about how life will be after school and how we are going to make it in life despite the hash economic condition facing our dear country (recession).I told them i,m not going to work for anybody or any organisation that i,m going to set up my own business no matter how small it will be, some guys supported my idea and said they are going to do the same while others said they are going to look for a white coller job.
While i was going home after the discussion and argument, this question about which one is better between salary work and business keep coming in my mind.

So dear nairalanders, based on your expirience and knowledge, which among the two do u think is better btw salary job and business.? Your comments wil be highly appreciated and will also be of a help to young graduates to make good decission btw the two.

NB: pls ignore my grammatical error.
Your grammatical construction is alright, but elude from representing I in small caps "i". So many people do it that they tend to take the gravious gesture to coperate environs. The word "I" should at all times be in caps when referring to yourself.
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by kboycrew: 10:38am On Feb 03, 2017
Mcowubaba:

What's the online business?
Kindly provide details?

that is how you fall into scam.
making money is a process, if the process is not followed it maybe fishy. spend time to study and learn any business you want to go into and never get carried away by easy fast wealth. it is dangerous.
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Mcowubaba: 10:45am On Feb 03, 2017
kboycrew:

that is how you fall into scam.
making money is a process, if the process is not followed it maybe fishy. spend time to study and learn any business you want to go into and never get carried away by easy fast wealth. it is dangerous.
I asked a question, u have already concluded that I'm interested and I would be scammed.
U didn't consider that I'm just inquisitive to know what online job that pays him his previous salary in 2 weeks.
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by charlesikhalea(m): 11:18am On Feb 03, 2017
All I have to say is that if you are working for a company you are simply helping someone else's business grow, every white collar salary job is a business to someone.... I.e your employer owns the business, you just see it as a salary job cos u are an employee
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by femijohn21(m): 11:25am On Feb 03, 2017
Tell me any business man or woman that has never work for any man on earth before starting his or her business maybe after you answering the simple question of mine I would be able to answer the thread posted.

People always saying business business as if the money is already waiting for them after their birth.
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by ariyebaba(m): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2017
Business all the way...........................

Am an Entrepreneur ..................

grin
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
seconded
Thirdconded
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Dignity12clems: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
Business is at most and job is at least, Business is the first line of action . kind regards ..
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Incrizz(f): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
Wow..business is really fun. Never knew.
Guess what?
It's like a seed, it starts with one idea and then grows and grows into a tree with many branches!!

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Burgerlomo: 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
banttieman:
What kind of question is this?

grin I wonder ooo
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by ThundrCork(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
LordHiffy:
Although people have always stated the advantages of having a business, they often neglect to state the cons or CHALLENGES of being a business owner. As a biz owner there are things u need to put into consideration;
1. You will have to work much more than your counterparts ( this is for sure)
2. Biz is filled with ups and downs. Sometimes you gain but many times u may loose.
3. To sustain your biz, u'll have to mostly spend as a poor man ( you can't be a big spender and develop your business)
4. You have to be self sufficient and mostly rely on your guts for decisions
5. Your continuous creativity is a necessity
6. Less time for your self. Your business becomes like your baby
7. Finally you have to open your eyes to many other biz opportunities because some businesses go out of season. You need to spread your tentacles just in case
I wrote this whilst working so pardon my content but get d message

best comment

2 Likes

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by LordHiffy(m): 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2017
ThundrCork:

best comment
Oshey...
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by pxjosh(m): 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
I was in a cab 2day and the cab driver said "I love my job, i'm my own boss.Nobody tells me what to do.." Then i said "turn left"

4 Likes

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by kizyalex10(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
LordHiffy:
Although people have always stated the advantages of having a business, they often neglect to state the cons or CHALLENGES of being a business owner. As a biz owner there are things u need to put into consideration;
1. You will have to work much more than your counterparts ( this is for sure)
2. Biz is filled with ups and downs. Sometimes you gain but many times u may loose.
3. To sustain your biz, u'll have to mostly spend as a poor man ( you can't be a big spender and develop your business)
4. You have to be self sufficient and mostly rely on your guts for decisions
5. Your continuous creativity is a necessity
6. Less time for your self. Your business becomes like your baby
7. Finally you have to open your eyes to many other biz opportunities because some businesses go out of season. You need to spread your tentacles just in case
I wrote this whilst working so pardon my content but get d message
you re correct,when I was in sch,i compared two of my uncle's my dad's younger brothers,one is a bank manager nd d other a business man,to tell u d truth,the business man,is so rich that even his younger brother he trained in d business is far richer than d bank manager,because dd bank manager is jst like agemates with the business man own,jst one yr.then during xmas,d business man closes by 24th nd open by 4th of january,enjoy his holiday,but same can't go to the banker.thou his. Position,he can easily be absent from work.these re the good side.the other side nw is,business needs extra effort,then u need to work extremely hard to succeed nd is when u succeed that u can compare urself with a salary earner cos too much risk is attached in business.my uncle doing business looks far older than hhis age due to stress while d banker looks younger than his age,am doing business myself nd I once worked for someone,bfor I set up my own,now from my very own experience,with business,u re limitless but with salary,u re limited cos u. Will always work with ur salary limits.i can make as much as 100k from my bed in 20 mins without seeing the goods or touching them,jst the customer to pay into my account,even when I don't hhave,i claim to ave,trasfer money to someone who has d goods then ask him to take it to the park for waybill.but the same goes,i can go sometins 2 weeks without seeing 60k.so when u make such money quickly(ie,the 100k from d bed)u might be carried away nd spend lavishly,when d money don't flow again,u see thatz where struggling sets in.but if u save for the rainy dayz,then u re a good business man.hope point is made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by ogene70: 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
The best way this question was put to rest without further confusion in my head was the day I counted the houses in my vicinity and discovered all the storey buildings were built by business guys while the only bungalow in our vicinity was built by retired Bank Manager...na that day I swear say no more job hunting !
so op check your vicinity .

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by retouchfoods(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
sugarbelly4:
business

I agree with you, but if you keep keeping in in your business, the profit and result will outnumber somebody that is working.

I could remember starting my restaurant 4 years ago with 6k, today I own one of the biggest restaurant in casablanca GRA PH. I also supply foods to some of the top companies in PH.

so business is good if you can withstand the. up' s and down' s.

that is my advice for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
kilokeys:

abuja

Very far away, but it's okay. Which sector are you planning on going into?
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by vickuzzy(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
my dear the major thing is business the world globally today is ruled by businesses international and national a business man can mk a salary earners pay in just few house no stress no hard labour no much thinking am also an undergraduate student tho but what comes to mind is what kind of business can one embark on when should one start saving up to start such is it now I'm still a student? if yes how can that be possible coupled with the rational chop money am being giving......? I need answers too...
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Fadolistic(m): 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
Good day ma'ams/sirs, have you heard of ENVIROSHADE? ENVIROSHADE is a Nigerian company in technical partnership with CAPESHADE of South Africa, dedicated to provide innovative and cost effective solution in all weather shades! So do you need a carport to protect your lovely cars? Or you just need a shade for your swiming pool? How about an entrance shade to give your business or home that sophisticated look? What are you waiting for? Get in touch with ENVIROSHADE now via email: Frankfounder@gmail.com or through their telephone number: +234 703 859 2625. Hurry!!!! You wont regret it ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Samproperties(m): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
Business with proper management is better than career job,
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Vismat(f): 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
[code][/code]Business ni o.
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by rhames(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
I was with my friends today in school after our lectures when we had several discussion about how life will be after school and how we are going to make it in life despite the hash economic condition facing our dear country (recession).I told them i,m not going to work for anybody or any organisation that i,m going to set up my own business no matter how small it will be, some guys supported my idea and said they are going to do the same while others said they are going to look for a white coller job.
While i was going home after the discussion and argument, this question about which one is better between salary work and business keep coming in my mind.

So dear nairalanders, based on your expirience and knowledge, which among the two do u think is better btw salary job and business.? Your comments wil be highly appreciated and will also be of a help to young graduates to make good decission btw the two.

The mos successful people get richer in crisis periods. salary jobs are not meant to make you rich but make a living and get by. I choose business anytime anyday.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by belovedsamex(m): 1:48am On Feb 04, 2017
sexyjuly:
u need d job to save up money for ur business.bt if u have pple dat can sponsor u den u r good to go.

My dear u get brain!

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by belovedsamex(m): 1:53am On Feb 04, 2017
helinues:
Business of course.

Every day is an holiday here..

This is not true. If u must succeed in biz, means even ur leisure time is emptied into it. Else, ur biz suffers.

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by sexyjuly(f): 5:07am On Feb 04, 2017
belovedsamex:

My dear u get brain!
thanks dear
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by Happyfellow147: 7:09am On Feb 04, 2017
Earn salary first and save up capital then launch your business. But business is not all rosy as people paint it. Brace up for the worst and hope for the best. Have seen people go into business and the venture never survives a year. Some others still grow their business while working. Just look before you leap

1 Like

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by helinues: 8:28am On Feb 04, 2017
belovedsamex:

This is not true. If u must succeed in biz, means even ur leisure time is emptied into it. Else, ur biz suffers.

Guess you did not get my point
Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by phoenix480(m): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2017
The question of Employee Vs Entrepreneur has been a long debated case.

The choice is different for each individual as we all are unique. Some people thrive better under a structured environment where they fit like a puzzle. Others are better suited to "hustle" where they are not limited by a Company structure.

You have to look at your Financial Goals.
Financial Goals: Do you want to be very comfortable or extremely rich? In Business, the profit potential can be limitless.
In some jobs in the Banking, a Manager would earn a minimum of N1million monthly (with generous allowances). Salaries for Managers in Oil and Gas sectors can exceed N5million monthly. If you have good Education, work hard, with some luck, these are all obtainable.

To become successful as an Employer and Entrepreneur takes time, dedication and extreme perseverance.

Godswillnwaoma:

Re: Salary Job VS Doing Business, Which One Is Better? by mctowel01: 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
GreenMavro:
cheesy

BUSINESS ALL THE WAY...

MY FRIEND RESIGNED FROM HIS 198K JOB TO FACE HIS ONLINE BUSINESS...WITHIN 2WEEKS HE HAS MADE HIS ONE MONTH SALARY grin grin

Now he makes btw 30-40k daily angry

Hmmn, have you actually checked his accoints to know the true profit and turnover after removing all losses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driveinhud Ranks Number 1 Travel App On Play Store! / Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries / Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.