Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment (36286 Views)

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. / Ovarian Cyst And Pregnancy: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Effect In Pregnant Wom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Thebrightest(m): 12:47am On Feb 04, 2017
k
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Shegun911(m): 12:47am On Feb 04, 2017
Thanks for the info
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by mhisbliss(f): 12:48am On Feb 04, 2017
sleeknick:
It happens to me frequently... Hmmm.. And we have been casting and binding oh. Na wa. One pastor even told me that some people want to use me for ritual. I fear my head that day.

Thanks for the awareness o.P

More hairs to ur scrotal sack grin
am not a guy, rolls eyes
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by softwerk(f): 12:48am On Feb 04, 2017
So you mean it's not my village people pressing me at night?! cool shocked

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 04, 2017
lekbel09:
No be only sleep paralysis, please guys don't mind op this is a case of witchcraft and if u experience this you need deliverance .May God help us from the powers of darkness Amen.
Shut up, it use to happen to me when I was younger but not any more. I didn't go for any fvcking deliverance, that's how u guys will say wet dream is spiritual, when it's an obvious sign of konji.

8 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by mhisbliss(f): 12:51am On Feb 04, 2017
VickyRotex:
How can you get 6 to 8 hours? cry cry cry cry
working out by 8pm, i dont mean suegbe workout o, i mean vigorous workout, you'll be tired after that, take a cold shower, eat light meal, drink warm milk, sleep by 9.30pm, use everything you usually use to put yourself to sleep, mine is soft music in dark cold room but not too cold, you'll sleep till 5-6am i promise

5 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Bamidele539: 12:52am On Feb 04, 2017
Generally or it is widely believed that incubus a male demon which lies upon women in order to engage in sexual activities with them, while its female counterpart called seccubus does the same to men in thier sleep. Africa tradition will say "its the spirit wife or spirit husband at work" dnt knw how true it is.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 04, 2017
VickyRotex:
How can you get 6 to 8 hours? cry cry cry cry
From 10pm to 6am is 7hrs
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by jatau7(m): 12:56am On Feb 04, 2017
absolutely right. ..i do experience it alot...n sometimes its due to irregular sleep pattern. .or either caffeine...i hardly sleep esp at night. ...just hope am okay .
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by lekbel09(m): 12:56am On Feb 04, 2017
charliboy654:

Shut up, it use to happen to me when I was younger but not any more. I didn't go for any fvcking deliverance, that's how u guys will say wet dream is spiritual, when it's an obvious sign of konji.
my people perish because of ignorance av u forgotten that the spiritual control the physical, wetdreams incessantly na konji? No bro that is spirit wife serious one, aldo some might be konji buh having such dreams incesantly is spiritual pls take note
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by jatau7(m): 12:58am On Feb 04, 2017
charliboy654:

lolz...sometimes over tinkn abt some1 causes wet dreams but its a normal thing for guys especially at d maturity age

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 04, 2017
In the past I would have similar dreams, first thing as an African man was to think the bad people are after me. It happened for a while until I googled it and found out it wasn't supernatural. I used to drink a lot then so it was probably the alcohol that caused mine.

Its a horrible feeling and its worse when it lasts long. Praying usually works for me because I'm awake spiritual or mentally but unable to wake up physically but as I'm praying, I'm trying to open my eyes and after a few mins, I open my eyes. Sometimes I panic sha and I'm stuck somewhere between the real world and dream world all alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by jatau7(m): 1:04am On Feb 04, 2017
lekbel09:
my people perish because of ignorance av u forgotten that the spiritual control the physical, wetdreams incessantly na konji? No bro that is spirit wife serious one, aldo some might be konji buh having such dreams incesantly is spiritual pls take note
spirit wife or husband is very different frm wet dreams. ...in d rare you kind off feel the presence of d pason making love to u but d latter ur mind tells u dat u are dreaming n in dream u are making love...but wet dreams sometimes are cause by over tinkn abt a particular pason n sometimes u see dem in different form of pason not necessarily dat pason u wia tinkn of...but 95% of wet dreams are result of age growth. .maturity age...wch manifest in different dimensions. ..
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by notjonbellion(m): 1:08am On Feb 04, 2017
lekbel09:
[s]No be only sleep paralysis, please guys don't mind op this is a case of witchcraft and if u experience this you need deliverance .May God help us from the powers of darkness Amen[/s].
it was only a matter of time an idiotic comment would surface undecided

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by sleeknick: 1:10am On Feb 04, 2017
mhisbliss:
am not a guy, rolls eyes

Oh really... More hairs to ur virginal walls grin

Or what do u call that area again o undecided

6 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by mhisbliss(f): 1:11am On Feb 04, 2017
sleeknick:

you dey craze, may you get sleep paralysis tonight grin

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by jatau7(m): 1:13am On Feb 04, 2017
mhisbliss:
amen
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by VickyRotex(f): 1:14am On Feb 04, 2017
mhisbliss:
working out by 8pm, i dont mean suegbe workout o, i mean vigorous workout, you'll be tired after that, take a cold shower, eat light meal, drink warm milk, sleep by 9.30pm, use everything you usually use to put yourself to sleep, mine is soft music in dark cold room but not too cold, you'll sleep till 5-6am i promise

Hahahahaha. Thanks Sweetheart. But its not as easy as it sounds. Cos there's just a lot to do trust me. Not tryna form too busy.
These days when I sleep for 5 or 6 hours, it's a great achievement o cheesy cheesy

My body has even gotten used to not sleeping before 12 or 1am. Last night I was so tired, so I slept from 11pm and woke up 2am, it felt like I've slept all my life. Havent slept since then.

It's only at times, I can use that luxury, when there isn't really much to do. Its well! embarassed embarassed
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by VickyRotex(f): 1:15am On Feb 04, 2017
charliboy654:

From 10pm to 6am is 7hrs

Easier said than done! embarassed
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by sleeknick: 1:16am On Feb 04, 2017
mhisbliss:

Na normal thing...

And moreover you don enlighten me on the matter.. No shaking again. Make the paralysis come as many as they want and in any shape.

I stand firm. cool
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by felixomor: 1:16am On Feb 04, 2017
Not all cases of what u described is sleep paralysis.

Thats a wrong generalization.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by mhisbliss(f): 1:17am On Feb 04, 2017
sleeknick:

Na normal thing...

And moreover you don enlighten me on the matter.. No shaking again. Make the paralysis come as many as they want and in any shape.

I stand firm. cool
cheesy
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Divay22(f): 1:18am On Feb 04, 2017
It happened to me countless times last year,when we newly relocated to the place we are now..... shocked shocked shocked shocked

Though mine started with a terrible nightmare....
They said i was forming strong abi,that i think i can pray I'll see... grin grin grin
From that day mine started

Sometimes i unconsciously see my mum and bro talking and laughing but i won't be able to call them, it's like I'm gonna die from there,what i always say in my mind was *God so I'll die like this,in my sleep,though my body and mind is active,but I won't be able to get up,but if only i can shake my body that only when i will get up......

Those i keep suspecting one mama in my corner,each time i pass her,she'll just be looking at me......... grin grin grin grin
But the Bible says "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no arm"
Sometimes when i pass her I'll just say "He that touches me,touches God"......

Going to 5 months now,nothing of such has happened again.....

Though within me I knew our Spirit were not in line,there is something about her i just don't like......but i don't know...........

Thanks OP,but mine wasn't ordinary...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by IMASTEX: 1:19am On Feb 04, 2017
mhisbliss:
[color=#000099][/color]
Wow!!!
This is one of the most meaniful post I have come across on Nairaland for almost a decade. Whatever, we don't understand we demonize, that is the African settings for you because of weak research ability. "Spiritualizing everything is what has kept Africa in the dark".
I need to buy you a drink ops.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by sleeknick: 1:19am On Feb 04, 2017
mhisbliss:
cheesy
My friend go and sleep.... Ur mate for cat don sleep finish.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by mhisbliss(f): 1:21am On Feb 04, 2017
VickyRotex:

Hahahahaha. Thanks Sweetheart. But its not as easy as it sounds. Cos there's just a lot to do trust me. Not tryna form too busy.
These days when I sleep for 5 or 6 hours, it's a great achievement o cheesy cheesy

My body has even gotten used to not sleeping before 12 or 1am. Last night I was so tired, so I slept from 11pm and work up 2am, it felt like I've slept all my life. Havent slept since then.

It's only at times, I can use that luxury, when there isn't really much to do. Its well! embarassed embarassed
i understand i also suffer from severe insomnia, right now theres no sign of sleep anywhere but surprisingly as early as 6am am up, its compulsory, but weekends which is tomorrow my mindset will adjust to the fact that tomorrow ain't busy and my body will relax and i sleep till 9am, so the body works like that, it adjusts to your daily routine on its own, and thats why if it geys used to any sleep pattern its hard to change back

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by mhisbliss(f): 1:24am On Feb 04, 2017
sleeknick:

My friend go and sleep.... Ur mate for cat don sleep finish.
can't sleep insomnia
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by dovetark: 1:25am On Feb 04, 2017
This life ehn, there are just so many things, sleeping disorders, mental issues, etc may God help us all!
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by IMASTEX: 1:27am On Feb 04, 2017
sleeknick:

[quote author=sleeknick post=53398681]
Lol. . .guy you nor serious oh. You wan create another Sambisa forest wey PMB never fit quench the 1st one with operation Lafia-Dole.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by jatau7(m): 1:27am On Feb 04, 2017
dovetark:
This life ehn, there are just so many things, sleeping disorders, mental issues, etc may God help us all!
na now u know. ..amen
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by wedeonline(m): 1:29am On Feb 04, 2017
Lol!! Op if only God opens your eyes to the spiritual!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guidance On The Use Of Face Masks In Nigeria By NCDC / 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes / 5 Almajiris Test Positive For COVID-19 In Kaduna After Repatriation From Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.