Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment (36339 Views)

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. / Ovarian Cyst And Pregnancy: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Effect In Pregnant Wom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by vislabraye(m): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
I've heard of sleeping paralysis. I used to encounter it on a regular basis. But I want to believe there's a supernatural aspect to this phenomenon, though not absolutely.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Exciton(m): 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
nams77:

My dear, I am am wary to discuss such with some people because they are blinded by unbelief. They term people like us ignorant, unschooled and deeply fetish. But as a scientist who believes in empirical facts tested by stringent and rigorous analysis, I have come to believe that there is another side to this life we live. We may not be able to prove this by scientific test, but not knowing about something does not mean it doesn't exist.
Now to your point. They don't come to play with people. They come to deposit hardship, ill luck, missed opportunities, sickness and terrible syndromes like promiscuity, stubbornness, spirit of stealing e.t.c. making someone paralyzed and unable to move makes for a smooth operation. Someone once asked, why don't we see them? Well if they allow you to see them, then you will be on your guard against them and up your defense. I am not forcing anyone to believe, but we will all find out someday

Hehehehe. Lots of crazies on Nairaland.

Mr scientist who claims, without proof, demons deposit shit in humans while they sleep. Na wa o!
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by nams77: 1:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
Exciton:

Hehehehe. Lots of crazies on Nairaland.

Mr scientist who claims, without proof, demons deposit shit in humans while they sleep. Na wa o!

Mr know all. Allow me to believe in what I believe in and get your own beliefs. You are definitely lost and truly need redemption. Accept Jesus today. Smh. Narrow minded imp.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by oluspicy: 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
mhisbliss:
awwwn thanks you just made my day

You are welcome Bliss... as you've already done to the learning minds. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Exciton(m): 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
nams77:

Mr know all. Allow me to believe in what I believe in and get your own beliefs. You are definitely lost and truly need redemption. Accept Jesus today. Smh. Narrow minded imp.

Of course you're free to believe in whatever you chose to believe. Just don't claim you're a scientist. That's fraudulent.

It's like how most pastors add the Dr. title to their name to boost their credibility. Bloody fraudsters.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by nams77: 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
Exciton:

Of course you're free to believe in whatever you chose to believe. Just don't claim you're a scientist. That's fraudulent.

It's like how most pastors add the Dr. title to their name to boost their credibility. Bloody fraudsters.
You surprise me with your assertion. For your information there are lots of educated, erudite and successful people on this forum.i was even discussing with a dean of faculty of a university from the West. Which planet are you from? Wake and smell the coffee! You just showed that you are an ill-educated oaf. How hard is it to become a scientist? Smh. So many kids on this forum. That's why I hardly comment.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Exciton(m): 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
nams77:

You surprise me with your assertion. For your information there are lots of educated, erudite and successful people on this forum.i was even discussing with a dean of faculty of a university from the West. Which planet are you from? Wake and smell the coffee! You just showed that you are an ill-educated oaf. How hard is it to become a scientist? Smh. So many kids on this forum. That's why I hardly comment.

Lol. I like how you're getting worked up because someone spotted your harmless little lie.

Assertion? Who's the one making baseless claims?

Basically all scientists know how fucking stupid it is to make crazy claims without any proof. That's why it was easy to spot your lie.

You can claim that you're a lecturer in some shitty Nigerian school who does zero research, but you're certainly not a working scientist that builds hypotheses and demolishes them via the scientific method.

It's okay to make crazy claims w/out proofs. Just don't claim to be a scientist. It's insulting to those who appreciate the rigor and clarity that rational reasoning offers.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by nams77: 4:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
Exciton:

Lol. I like how you're getting worked up because someone spotted your harmless little lie.

Assertion? Who's the one making baseless claims?

Basically all scientists know how fucking stupid it is to make crazy claims without any proof. That's why it was easy to spot your lie.

You can claim that you're a lecturer in some shitty Nigerian school who does zero research, but you're certainly not a working scientist that builds hypotheses and demolishes them via the scientific method.

It's okay to make crazy claims w/out proofs. Just don't claim to be a scientist. It's insulting to those who appreciate the rigor and clarity that rational reasoning offers.
I will forgive your ignorance. I am going to give you the names of ten renowned scientists who believe In God.
Albert Einstein, Francis Bacon, Galileo Galilei, Gregor Mendel, Isaac Newton, Louis Pasteur, Max Planck, Robert Boyle, Nicholas Copernicus, Michael Faraday Guglielmo Marconi etc.
My dear friend, I guessed you have learnt something new today. Small-mindedness is a terrible sin. and lastly I don't need to prove to anyone that I am a scientist. I don't need your validation either. Bye
Lastly, these are Giants in the scholarly world,yet the believe in something they cannot prove with hypothesis and experiment. They are not stupid, you know. Their achievements speaks volumes. Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Austin234(m): 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
Intensive research on mysticism makes u a practitioner. Hence, i repeat my question, 'Are u occultic'?
Bnimz:
None Taken... To answer your question, I'm not a practitioner.. But I do a lot of research on mysticism
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
Xzbit91:

I never had wet dreams growing up angry

Believe the op at your own peril, there is no reason I should believe I've not been pinned down by some forces when I'm awake and acutely aware of my environment yet not able to move, not even to open my eyes. I feel hands applying pressure on my limbs, I hear discussion and sometimes mocking laughter. Can you explain why this phenomenon happens so frequently in some environment more than others. There must be a good for evil to exist, for the physical to exist there must be a spiritual and if you acknowledge the existence of God you invariably admit the existence of the devil
Sleep paralysis happens in different ways to different people all over the world. And that phenomenon of u hearing people laughing I donno where u get that from, hearing people laughing is not part of sleep paralysis but if u do then its probably illusion. In sleep paralysis u can open ur eyes too. According to ur logic a demon entered ur room, pinned u down for like 3 minutes and then just let go without hurting u. And abt not having wet dreams, guy I say u r a bloody liar. Or u started mastubating very early in life.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
nams77:

I will forgive your ignorance. I am going to give you the names of ten renowned scientists who believe In God.
Albert Einstein, Francis Bacon, Galileo Galilei, Gregor Mendel, Isaac Newton, Louis Pasteur, Max Planck, Robert Boyle, Nicholas Copernicus, Michael Faraday Guglielmo Marconi etc.
My dear friend, I guessed you have learnt something new today. Small-mindedness is a terrible sin. and lastly I don't need to prove to anyone that I am a scientist. I don't need your validation either. Bye
Lastly, these are Giants in the scholarly world,yet the believe in something they cannot prove with hypothesis and experiment. They are not stupid, you know. Their achievements speaks volumes. Google is your friend
Most of those scientists u mentioned are not Christian tho, they believe in one form of religion or the other but most of them weren't Christian
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Xzbit91: 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
charliboy654:

Sleep paralysis happens in different ways to different people all over the world. And that phenomenon of u hearing people laughing I donno where u get that from, hearing people laughing is not part of sleep paralysis but if u do then its probably illusion. In sleep paralysis u can open ur eyes too. According to ur logic a demon entered ur room, pinned u down for like 3 minutes and then just let go without hurting u. And abt not having wet dreams, guy I say u r a bloody liar. Or u started mastubating very early in life.

Sleep paralysis has never happened to me with my eyes open, as soon as they open the feeling vanishes in split seconds.

And I didnt masturbate growing up plus no wet dream and I don't have to prove anything to you because didn't think that was a big deal
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
Xzbit91:

Sleep paralysis has never happened to me with my eyes open, as soon as they open the feeling vanishes in split seconds.

And I didnt masturbate growing up plus no wet dream and I don't have to prove anything to you because didn't think that was a big deal
So because it has never happened to u with ur eyes open doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people with their eyes open. It happens to a lot of people round the world not just Nigeria
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Exciton(m): 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
nams77:

Ignorance. Hehe. I'll only reply you because I often see this "scientists that believed in god" argument here without a good rebuttal.

You obviously don't understand the difference between the belief in a god or an entity responsible for creating the universe and the belief in the supernatural. But your error in conflating these two different ideas is understandable given your Nigerian Christian background - the belief in a creator who frequently interferes with the laws of nature leading to miracles etc.

Most of the scientists in the early days of science (covering 8/10 of those you listed) believed that a creator could exist due to the widely successful Newtonian mechanics which is completely deterministic. Determinism makes a strong argument for intelligent design. So, you see, it made sense for them to believe in a creator in their time.

However, they surely didn't believe in stupid miracles, witches, succubi, supernatural phenomena etc because they knew very well that the laws of nature are inviolable. That's the difference!

Observations from many experiments (Young's double slit is a famous one) created cracks in the deterministic world view. This led to the development of quantum mechanics and subsequent aspects of modern science ultimately killed off determinism. Things aren't very well defined in reality. Probability is intrinsic in nature. The need for a creator became unnecessary at best. That's basically why modern scientists don't care about the existence of a creator, most reject the idea.

In sum, the belief in a creator isn't a crazy idea, it's just an unnecessary unprovable idea as it doesn't require any change in the laws of nature. However, the belief in demons, miracles etc which completely violates the laws of nature and logic is a big fat crazy idea that requires proof!

I hope you've been educated.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by nams77: 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
charliboy654:

Most of those scientists u mentioned are not Christian tho, they believe in one form of religion or the other but most of them weren't Christian
At least they believed in something they couldn't prove empirically. I put it again that most of them are Christians. They may not be devout/devoted Christians but they believed in a greater being who created the Earth. Goodnight. No need bandying words back and forth. I have meaningful things to do with my evening
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Xzbit91: 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
charliboy654:

So because it has never happened to u with ur eyes open doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people with their eyes open. It happens to a lot of people round the world not just Nigeria
Emphasis on paralysis, can you move any part of your body if it is paralyzed?

They claim the mind is awake but the body is in temporary paralysis, if you can open your eyes then you're no longer paralyzed
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by bobestman(m): 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
Why is it that when you shout Jesus repeatedly it stops? Why is it that if u read your bible and pray very well you never experience it?. Why is it that if its abt someone trying to sex you in the dream, you wake up, read yourBible and pray it automatically stops. Don't be decieved by scientist rather seek spiritual help or pray.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
Divay22:
sorry o.... Who no go no know
it's horrible bro... dunno if you've experienced it before..
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Divay22(f): 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

it's horrible bro... dunno if you've experienced it before..
yea...but not anymore...

I'm not a bro cheesy
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
Divay22:
yea...but not anymore...

I'm not a bro cheesy
oh, my bad... I'm sorry about the gender thingy I never checked..

I experienced it a week ago, although I was having malaria. but I do experienced it whenever I slept late
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by Bnimz(m): 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
Austin234:
Intensive research on mysticism makes u a practitioner. Hence, i repeat my question, 'Are u occultic'?
Haba, thought I made my answer pretty clear... i'm not... and no, research does not make you a practitioner... Just as a PhD in political science doesnt make you a politician.... Just an example
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by jenavism44: 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
Thanks to ''op''for explanation of that horrible experience,i thank God i have learnt something today,i have experienced it several times,the first day i experience it,i was very sad and confused based on my previous info.i received about it,i thought i have the holyspirit and i speak in tongues why will such thing happen to me?,i soloquized,i started praying and hitting the walls of my room,another day i experience it again and again,then i noticed that whenever i go to bed depressed and weak,whenever i sleep in the wrong direction,i experience it,but now i overcame it,the theory of sleeping paralysis may be true,but one thing every body should know is that every negative experience is from the devil,i thank God i have overcame through christ,ebola is a fever yet it is a demonic manipulation,

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by shyanaa: 3:05pm On May 24, 2018
Good
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by samyfreshsmooth(m): 12:02am On Jun 13, 2018
mhisbliss:
you missed the part where i said usually i guess

hey

i know you saw that mention i gave you while puoting austin0 on that other thread

well austin thinks you might have "superfluous thoughts" regarding what you saw

i tried to make him see you most prolly wouldn't give a fùck (like i wouldnt have) but he insisted i give you a "detailed explaination"

so this is me granting his request and giving you a detailed explanation so you dont get superfluous thoughts

"austin only sent me a mail advicing me to stop stalking and disturbing you.......,.........................and that according to his observation, "i like you", but then he thinks i'm going about it the wrong way and so i should please stop"

this is a summary of what he sent in the mail so i hope you dont get "superfluous thoughts" cos the mail was/is harmless

to get a summary of my reply to him (which was pretty hilarious), reply this mention (i know u wont tho)
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by mhisbliss(f): 8:39am On Jun 13, 2018
samyfreshsmooth:

hey

i know you saw that mention i gave you while puoting austin0 on that other thread

well austin thinks you might have "superfluous thoughts" regarding what you saw

i tried to make him see you most prolly wouldn't give a fùck (like i wouldnt have) but he insisted i give you a "detailed explaination"

so this is me granting his request and giving you a detailed explanation so you dont get superfluous thoughts

"austin only sent me a mail advicing me to stop stalking and disturbing you.......,.........................and that according to his observation, "i like you", but then he thinks i'm going about it the wrong way and so i should please stop"

this is a summary of what he sent in the mail so i hope you dont get "superfluous thoughts" cos the mail was/is harmless

to get a summary of my reply to him (which was pretty hilarious), reply this mention (i know u wont tho)

Look i told you already i don't care, you and austyn0 can go ahead with whatever you're doing, leaving me out of it is impossible i know but don't mention me please cry
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by samyfreshsmooth(m): 9:20am On Jun 13, 2018
mhisbliss:
Look i told you already i don't care, you and aust.yn0 can go ahead with whatever you're doing, leaving me out of it is impossible i know but don't mention me please cry

austin see!.......................told you she doesn't give a fùck grin

see ehn b******g, i think it's either you're just too proud or you really dont want me to stop quoting you undecided

i'm been saying and saying and saying it, "reply the goddamn mail i sent and this whole shiit stops"

so if you really want it to stop like you making it seem, reply the fûcking mail!!!

it's not like you have to type a long epistle or i'll have to reply right back and we start chatting.................................you specifically said "send me a pm" (even though according to you i made u choose btw that and your phone number), and courtsey demands you reply

i, demand you reply!! embarassed angry
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by mhisbliss(f): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2018
samyfreshsmooth:

austin see!.......................told you she doesn't give a fùck grin

see ehn b******g, i think it's either you're just too proud or you really dont want me to stop quoting you undecided

i'm been saying and saying and saying it, "reply the goddamn mail i sent and this whole shiit stops"

so if you really want it to stop like you making it seem, reply the fûcking mail!!!

it's not like you have to type a long epistle or i'll have to reply right back and we start chatting.................................you specifically said "send me a pm" (even though according to you i made u choose btw that and your phone number), and courtsey demands you reply

i, demand you reply!! embarassed angry
Nah I'm not replying a mail you claimed i made you send, and I don't owe you a reply or anything at that, why would i want you to keep disturbing my moniker, you're clearly getting me angry and you know it, just let me be, you're lucky theres no block button
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by samyfreshsmooth(m): 10:17am On Jun 13, 2018
mhisbliss:
Nah I'm not replying a mail you claimed i made you send, and I don't owe you a reply or anything at that, why would i want you to keep disturbing my moniker, you're clearly getting me angry and you know it, just let me be, you're lucky theres no block button

ok, i take back my words......................."you didnt make me send the mail"

you gonna reply now? grin

and @bolded, you've gat to be kidding me shocked shocked

rule no.4 on the article "how to use social media effectively",; NEVER GET ANNOYED ONLINE..............................IT'S NOT REALITY!!! smiley

for your last statement, we could write a petition to séun requesting he does that grin

[[p] [to] [he] [a] [@]] kiss
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by austyn0(m): 11:35am On Jun 13, 2018
mhisbliss:
Look i told you already i don't care, you and austyn0 can go ahead with whatever you're doing, leaving me out of it is impossible i know but don't mention me please cry
This is exactly why I privatised my thoughts samyfreshsmooth..... These are ladies with online high self-esteem and pride,, they don't give a damn abou you even if they truly do.... Unless you give them a concrete and standardized reason for them to turn to your direction you are simply aiming for a pie-in-the-sky..
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by samyfreshsmooth(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
austyn0:
This is exactly why I privatised my thoughts samyfreshsmooth..... These are ladies with online high self-esteem and pride,, they don't give a damn abou you even if they truly do.... Unless you give them a concrete and standardized reason for them to turn to your direction you are simply aiming for a pie-in-the-sky..

hmmmm.....................i see

grin.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment by mhisbliss(f): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
austyn0:
Whatever you meant @bolded i don't care, i have high self esteem online and offline, believe me when i meet you in person and i don't know you I'll not talk to you nor stand and listen to you, so don't just assume things about people you know nothing about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

561 New COVID-19 Cases , 344 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 30 - (4205 Tested) / Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus / 10 Things You Eat That Destroys Your Teeth And How To Deal With Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.