Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,754 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past (16432 Views)

ICPC: Which Position Is Best For A Graduate To Apply For? / Imagine What Unemployment Has Turn Nigerian Graduate To / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by MrGreenMavro: 7:46am On Feb 10, 2017
hmm
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by lovingyouhun: 7:47am On Feb 10, 2017
What a wonderful advice, God bless you. And congrats too
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by arewaboy01(m): 7:47am On Feb 10, 2017
Seconsol92:
Education is the highest scam pulled on us by our parents and the society
bros! uve said it all
they told us that if u don't go to school u won't be successful in life. haba !
millions of graduates are looking 4 government work millions are still graduating from our unis every year even us sopos reason say e dy very impossible for government to employ us all
dz degree certificate dy highly overrated 4 dz 9ja
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by ipledge01: 7:50am On Feb 10, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

please check my signature and keep in touch.
Where did you learn the article writing and graphic design?
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 10, 2017
Seconsol92:
fact
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:54am On Feb 10, 2017
ipledge01:

Article writing was online.

Graphics design was a normal ICT school in Lagos.
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by ipledge01: 7:54am On Feb 10, 2017
Seconsol92:
Mr. Man shut up, if you can't find the value of your education, I'm sorry your parent wasted their money on you. If everyone decided not to go to school who will be carrying out research?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:00am On Feb 10, 2017
Nelsizzy:
Inspiring. Permission to copy n share on facebook
copy from the blog na.. Epp our side hustle cheesy

Feel free tho. wink
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by Seconsol92(m): 8:07am On Feb 10, 2017
ipledge01:

Mr. Man shut up, if you can't find the value of your education, I'm sorry your parent wasted their money on you. If everyone decided not to go to school who will be carrying out research?
I presume you are educated but you sound otherwise
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by cris83: 8:18am On Feb 10, 2017
Very good write up. Please what valuable skills can one learn to improve his chances of getting a job. I just dont have one degree but two and yet i send cvs everyday and no response or interviews come my way. I need help if you ca render it.
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by ipledge01: 8:24am On Feb 10, 2017
Seconsol92:

I presume you are educated but you sound otherwise

Olodo Boy, Go to Wall Street and tell them education is a scam

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by bestspoke: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2017
ipledge01:

yoy can learn it online even on Nairaland...

check my topics, i have a thread teaching people basics of graphics
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by bestspoke: 8:30am On Feb 10, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
copy from the blog na.. Epp our side hustle cheesy

Feel free tho. wink
you didn't ask them to link you back o
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by Orikinla1: 8:31am On Feb 10, 2017
There are no more dream jobs in Nigeria.
Any legit job that can pay your bills is what matters most.
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by Drclassic(m): 8:54am On Feb 10, 2017
wow nice one someone will learn something here
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by tectonotimes: 9:21am On Feb 10, 2017
Congratulations!!!
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by MrsExplorer(f): 9:25am On Feb 10, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Hi Past,

I know you missed me but I didn’t and would never miss you. I guess you know that you are the reason my life started a little bit slow even when I never planned it this way. You made me follow the path way I never knew would lengthen my life struggles. I write you this letter to update you about myself and remind you how you kept me jobless.

I remembered when I was in school and my good friend advised me to learn a skill, you were the one that told me not to. You told me that after all, my B.sc result will land me a job in an oil company. You made me listen to that lecturer that told me that once I graduate with a 2nd class upper or First class, I will be a hot cake in the market without any addition to my degree.

I graduated with a 2nd class upper and while I was at home waiting for NYSC, my friend again persuaded me to join him and learn some IT skills especially web-design, you made me ask him “Wetin concern Engineering and Web-Design?” He learnt it while I was at home flexing all in the name of I am now a graduate.

I went to camp and the girls wouldn’t let me rest and while my mates were learning some useful skills, I was at the Mammy market drinking away my 21 days. “After all, na once person dey serve” I say to myself. I finished from camp, and went for my PPA. Other friends were working to gain experience, and I was jumping from one club to another with the hope that my 2.1 would land me a super job in a top engineering company.

I remember my good friend that kept attending job shows. Even when he begged me to join, I was always with one excuse or the other especially

“Time never reach to hustle for job.”

He would leave me and do his own things while I was in my lodge sleeping and making merry.

On the day of our passing out; some companies came and offered jobs to people they felt had what they needed in Information Technology. My friend was hired with a starting salary of 80,000 naira and I was among those that clapped for him. I consoled myself with “when I am ready, I would earn 200,000 Naira at once.”

Dear past! You remembered all these right?

Do you know that I finished from NYSC and went back home to relax a bit before landing the so-called “Dream Job” my lecturer said I would land with my CV. After I had relaxed, I started to send out my CV through many online portals. You told me there was no need writing a good CV or cover letter that my good grade would take care of it for me.

I spent months at home and even my younger one was arguing about food who ate his food with me. I became frustrated and decided to leave for Lagos with the hope of landing my dream job. I never bothered to hustle for Jobs with the hope that online platforms are the best.

Dear Past I know you remembered all these. After 2 years of waiting, they advised me to manage even marketing job, and you still came up telling me that I was too big for such a small Job and I rejected the offer.

It was almost my 4th year at home; before I realized that I have been scammed by both you and my lecturer. My good friend back then from my university called me with a foreign number, and told me he had gotten a job with an IT firm that took him abroad. He asked me if I had any IT skill at all. That was when I remembered I had no professional qualification, no skill, just my Bsc certificate. Every night I cried and life had become frustrating for me. All those who saw me as the next big thing in life even gave up on me.

Out of shame to let people know that I am also a working graduate, I had to go teach in a small secondary and was collecting 12,000 naira as salary. I bore the shame but decided to prove the world wrong. During break periods, I would trek to so many places and submit my CV using various techniques I learnt when my eyes got opened.

Dear past, you made me go through this hard way. Along the line, God finally had mercy on my already frustrated life and my hustle paid off. After I took a course on article writing and graphics design, I was offered employment with a big writing firm in Lagos coupled with a salary that could move mountains.

I have my own car and house now. I don’t write because I am angry, but to let you know that I forgive you. And to the other under-graduate or graduates that you would keep or you have kept in the condition I was, I hope they read this and learn to do the right thing. Imagine what would have become of me if I had learnt just a skill back then at school.

I forgive you dear past but I don’t miss you and would never miss you at all. No love! from your much advanced self….

Anonymous

Working Graduate.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-of-a-working-graduate-to-his-jobless-past/

Cc: lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique.

Learn how to write an Introduction letter here http://topwritersden.com/how-to-write-a-letter-of-introduction-for-a-job/ and send it to me for reviews! Thanks!

This is seriously beautiful,almost wanted to cry sef

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by ipledge01: 9:27am On Feb 10, 2017
bestspoke:

yoy can learn it online even on Nairaland...

check my topics, i have a thread teaching people basics of graphics
Thanks Boss
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by costal(m): 9:30am On Feb 10, 2017
Thanks for de write up
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by Jokerman(m): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2017
I love this write up... however I think God is of most importance....

During NYSC, I went for HSSE skills, yet I haven't secured anything from it... I have even forgotten most of the things I learned...

Right now..
I am learning AutoCAD, Mathlab and I m trying to improve on my Ms office skills especially excel....

I also have some maintenance skills, yet no company wants to take someone in even if its an unpaid training, to just sharpen one skills and knowledge...

Thank God for I was able to secure MSC, and bet9ja which helps with little cash too..

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by Seconsol92(m): 9:44am On Feb 10, 2017
ipledge01:

Olodo Boy, Go to Wall Street and tell them education is a scam
if the education you got is to attack people rather than the argument then you still have a long way to go
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:48am On Feb 10, 2017
bestspoke:

you didn't ask them to link you back o

I don't understand bro. smiley
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by ipledge01: 9:49am On Feb 10, 2017
Seconsol92:

if the education you got is to attack people rather than the argument then you still have a long way to go
Lolz, what is the argument again? That "education is a scam?". Olodo Boy grin, don't bother sending your kids to school cheesy
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:50am On Feb 10, 2017
MrsExplorer:

This is seriously beautiful,almost wanted to cry sef

Don't cry ma'am embarassed wink

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:54am On Feb 10, 2017
cris83:
Very good write up. Please what valuable skills can one learn to improve his chances of getting a job. I just dont have one degree but two and yet i send cvs everyday and no response or interviews come my way. I need help if you ca render it.

There are so many of them and it leads to confusion. You have to make a tactical choice of the skill you wish to learn. Start from somewhere!

I wish I can have a clue about your qualifications... then I can help very well.

drop me a comment on the blog... and I will give you a link to contact me personally.

#Cheers.
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:57am On Feb 10, 2017
Jokerman:
I love this write up... however I think God is of most importance....

During NYSC, I went for HSSE skills, yet I haven't secured anything from it... I have even forgotten most of the things I learned...

Right now..
I am learning AutoCAD, Mathlab and I m trying to improve on my Ms office skills especially excel....

I also have some maintenance skills, yet no company wants to take someone in even if its an unpaid training, to just sharpen one skills and knowledge...

Thank God for I was able to secure MSC, and bet9ja which helps with little cash too..

Most of those Training are all scam. If you want to learn a skill... go for something that you can use and survive.

Web-Design.. Web-development... Graphics design... Article writing...

All these are soft skills that can put food on your table.. even if you are just a teacher in a primary school.

Trust me. I speak with much confidence!
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by metallisc(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2017
ebubenwobodo:
Same thing is happening to my friends I served with 2 years back. I served in a private school and still had to make out time to learn 4 different skills. Those my friends were in public schools and only go to work twice a week, whereas I was going from Monday to Friday (apart from my cds day which was Wednesday). I persuaded them to try and learn at least one to keep them going when they stop receiving 19800 but they refused. I was earning a living with the skills I learnt then and was making enough to cater for myself after service until one of those my skills landed me a good paying job. Now they would call me to beg me for airtime #1000 to subscribe. They have been saying if they had known they wnt see job fast they would have listened to me then.

as a blessed nwa 042, idi very sharp! we no dey fall hand! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 10, 2017
Seconsol92:

Schooling, rather.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by cris83: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

There are so many of them and it leads to confusion. You have to make a tactical choice of the skill you wish to learn. Start from somewhere!

I wish I can have a clue about your qualifications... then I can help very well.

drop me a comment on the blog... and I will give you a link to contact me personally.

#Cheers.

comment dropped on blog as suggested. hope to hear from you!
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by GeoOla25(m): 11:26am On Feb 10, 2017
the normal enroute is simply, just professional certifications and software skills will land you an offer even it's not yet your dream Job.
and to you that didn't believe in this I wish you good luck!
Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by BiafranPound: 11:37am On Feb 10, 2017
sometimes I wonder who certificate don help set? Even if you have a certificate and no skills, you're more fücked up than a man without a certificate with skills

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Of A Working Graduate To His Jobless Past by Yoighaman(m): 11:57am On Feb 10, 2017
Interesting. Nice write up.
Nnaeb:

I think you meant to say schooling, not Education. Education is not and will never be a scam.
Education is what remains in us after one has forgotten what he learnt in school.

Embrace Education any how u can. Even if it means going to school. Yes!

I love this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Savannah Bank Is Calling / Have You Ever Felt Like A Fraud in your workplace? / How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.