Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? (12843 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? / In What Year Was Jesus Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by illusion2: 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2009
Tudór:

I dont need to belive the OT before you can prove jesus as the son of god referred thereof, do i?
That is the foundation of our discussion my dear (if you're female) /my friend(if you're male). if you don't believe in the OT. .  .end of discussion. ,   .sorry o !

Now, where is Yisraylite ?  cool
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
@ illusion2

grin grin grin grin grin

Very good,so you're getting there. .  .the OT mentions THe SON OF GOD. Now do you believe the OT or not,before we move to whether Jesus IS the Son of God.

Own your misstep Bro!don't shove off your ignorance, I have been there since the second page of this thread(see my post from page 2) so you need to bring your brain up to speed undecided

If you read my post then you would recognise that based on the scripts posted this was an assertion and not and inferrence, so swallow your little pride and stand corrected
wonder whose on the high horse now!

You sir,[b]need to come down from your high horse ,if you want to engage in intelligent discussion. . . . . WTF is all these 'brainwashed African' nonsense? Do you know my origins?

My bad I no know say you be Oyibo pepper grin grin so I stand corrected cheesy

A good part of what you're saying is true & already common knowledge- the African roots of Moses etc,so whats your problem??

The real question is what's yours?

Address the scripts posted and don't try to deviate from the subject, The OT calls Yisrayl The Creator's Son not  your ficticious Jesus! 

NO WHERE IN THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT DOES THE CREATOR EVER MENTION THE NAME JESUS CHRIST A NAME DERIVED FROM THE LATIN EA-ZEUS KRISTOS(Zeus the Healer)

NO WHERE IN THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT DOES THE CREATOR EVER MENTION JESUS CHRIST AS BEING HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OR FIRST BORN, THE CREATOR CALLS THE NATION YISRAYL HIS SON

Ex 4:22 Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says YAHAWAH: "Yisrayl is My son, My firstborn. 

Ex 4:23 So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn."

Hsa 11:1 "When Yisrayl was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called My son.

Psa 89:20   I HAVE FOUND MY SERVANT DAWAD(David-The BRANCH of Yishai – see Isa 11:1); With MY HOLY OIL I HAVE ANOINTED HIM,

Psa 89:27   AND I WILL MAKE HIM  MY FIRSTBORN, higher than of the kings of the earth.

Psa 2:7 "I will declare the decree: YAHAWAH has said to Me (Yisrayl-,spoken by King Dawad, AYAH'S anointed king over Yisrayl), 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

THe Creator also Identifies Ephraim , one of the Twelve tribes of the Nation Yisrayl as HIS Son and Also first born,

Yer(Jer) 31:9 They shall come with weeping, And with supplications I will lead them. I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters, In a straight way in which they shall not stumble; For I am a Father to Yisrayl, And Ephraim [is] My firstborn.

Yer(Jer) 31:20 [Is] Ephraim My dear son? [Is he] a pleasant child? For though I spoke against him, I earnestly remember him still; Therefore My heart yearns for him; I will surely have mercy on him, says YAHAWAH

NO JESUS CHRIST MENTIONED HERE AGAIN AS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF THE CREATOR    Someone please refute, not with nonsense reasoning, but scripture for scripture!!!!!
The Nation of Yisrayl is The Creator's Son not a ficticious Greco Roman created Image called Ea-Zus Kristos a.k.a Jesus Christ

Now I dare any of you to simply do this:

Please post  any scripture from the so called Old testament where the name Jesus Christ is mentioned since he claims to be the one  being talked about, I want you to show me  a verse where the name Jesus christ is refered to in the Law or the Prophets

keyword here being the NAME JESUS CHRIST, NOT MESSIAH! BUT JESUS CHRIST

@Morpheus24 & illusion2

Now, where is Yisraylite ?

Your current discourse is related to Jesus being THE SON OF GOD,nobody said anything about a blond or anything like that.

He can't help himself. The blond hair blue eyes is stuck in his brain.

grin grin grin grin I beg make una go sitdown somewhere, and stop deluding yourselves

That's your Guy  grin grin
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2009
illusion2:

Olaadegbu,with all due respect you obviously didn't have the answers(posting largely obtuse links). . , thank you mavenb0x for coming up with the goods. . . wink.
Christians should learn to address issues ,especially concerning their faith headlong without recourse to such diversionary tactics.
People will value your posts more if you anwered simple questions.

If only you had followed the discussion of this thread being observant to details you would have been able to decipher the answers to the questions of the subject in discussion.  The only exercise some folks will get to do is "jumping into conclusions".

Let me take you on a tour of the discussions of this thread before mavenbox let the cat out of the bag to put the scoffers out of their miseries:

OLAADEGBU:

@Image123, let's spare them the suspense and give them a teaser.

@Mazaje and other atheists, check out the link below and if you are not satisfied do some Bible reading.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0293/0293_01.asp

OLAADEGBU:

I gave you clues and even pictoral representation to you guys who only believe when they see, and after all that you still cannot see what the answer was in that link.  They say as blind as a bat from hell but I believe you guys still have hope, at least you've admitted that you cannot see.  Let me give you another clue.  Why did king Herod order the execution of children that were two years old and under?  Let's see whether you can work this out. cool

OLAADEGBU:

Do you think that if Satan knew that secret he would have crucified the Lord of Glory?  Before he realised what was happening Jesus was born in a stable in a manger.  Why do you think Satan engineered Herod to massacre children that were two years old and under?  This same paranoia made him to influence Pharaoh to massacre the baby boys in Egypt.  And by the way who do you think is called the Lion of the tribe of Judah?

OLAADEGBU:

@Mazaje, wirinet et al.,

Click on the link [url=http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=home&action=submitsearch§ion=50&f_context_any=any&f_keyword_any=Matthew 2&f_constraint=both&f_search_type=bible&f_submit=Search/]Here[/url] for the full answer to your questions in details. smiley

And if you think that you want to show us your biblical skills can you tell us what Adam said to Eve on Christmas day?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Favormi(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2009
Thanks. Merry Xmas
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2009
@Yisraylite,

Since you believe in the 10 commandments, these are some questions you need to ask yourselve conscientiously to see where you stand during this Christmas season.

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred, abortion and euthanasia as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2009
Favormi:

Thanks. Merry Xmas

I also wish you a merry [b]Christ[/b]mas.  Enjoy the rest of the day with the greatest [b]Christ[/b]mas story ever told.

[flash=500,400]http://media.chick.com/tract_9.swf[/flash]
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2009
@ OLAADEGBU
@Yisraylite,

Since you believe in the 10 commandments, these are some questions you need to ask yourselve conscientiously to see where you stand during this Christmas season.

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I ever used God's name in vain?   ____YES  ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I murdered (God considers hatred, abortion and euthanasia as murder)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)?  ____YES  ___NO

grin grin This is very simple to answer,

Growing up in ignorance of The Creator's Laws of Love, I didn't do a lot of these things, until I began to understand the need for me to be an obedient  child of the Most High, so I started to turn my life around by the decisions I chose to make i.e. right  rather than wrong
However, as a grown up Adult not doing these thing is my chosen way of life grin, Now the question is can you say the same for yourself?

By the way stop adding to the commands
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)?  ____YES  ___NO 

If you don't know the meaning of adultery, I'll tell ya, It means having sex with another man's wife or a woman having sex with another  woman's husband grin

this is a prime example of how you christians try to change the Creator's words, just typical  undecided
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2009
@ OLAADEGBU

Please don't bear your ignorance of YAHAWAH'S Law out in public like this,cos you only do yourself a disservice

Deu 22:28 "If a man finds a young woman who is a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they are found out,

Deu 22:29 "then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days.

^^^^^
Wasn't that pre-marital Sex? keep on being brain washed by your Zeus testament undecided

Refute this or Take heed to it, The choice is yours

Pro 13:14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life, To turn one away from the snares of death.

Pro 28:4 Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, But such as keep the law contend with them.

Yer 6:19 Hear, O earth! Behold, I will certainly bring calamity on this people-- The fruit of their thoughts, Because they have not heeded My words Nor My law, but rejected it

Yer 4:22 "For My people are foolish, They have not known ME. They are silly children, And they have no understanding. They are wise to do evil, But to do righteousness they have no knowledge."
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On Dec 26, 2009
Yisraylite:

@ OLAADEGBU
grin grin This is very simple to answer,

Growing up in ignorance of The Creator's Laws of Love, I didn't do a lot of these things, until I began to understand the need for me to be an obedient  child of the Most High, so I started to turn my life around by the decisions I chose to make i.e. right  rather than wrong
However, as a grown up Adult not doing these thing is my chosen way of life grin, Now the question is can you say the same for yourself?

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die,"   for the "wages of sin is death." 

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments.  Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past.  We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48), neither is our heart pure.  On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame.  Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed.  We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us[i]—"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."[/i] His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell.  Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath.  Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down.

"God Doesn't Believe in Atheists" by Ray Comfort (Living Waters)
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 1:18pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ OLAADEGBU

shocked shocked
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned

My my my, how  wrong you are, The Creator does not allow human sacrifice period

Psa 106:37 Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils

Eze 16:20" Moreover you took your sons and your daughters, whom you bore to Me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your acts of harlotry a small matter,

Deu 32:17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to YAHAWAH; to Gods (Elohyim) whom they knew not, to new Gods (Elohyim) that came newly up, whom your fathers reverenced not.

Yer 32:35 And they built the high places of Baal which are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Yahadah to sin.

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die,"   for the "wages of sin is death." 

Eze 18:21 "But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Eze 18:22 None of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live.   grin grin grin

Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says YAHAWAH. "Therefore turn and live!" 

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

Hogwash!!! cheesy  Psa 119:9   How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word(The Law & The Prophets).

Did you get the answer? Your way can only be cleansed by taking heed according AYHAH'S Word, The LAW and The Words of AYHAH'S Prophets, who delivered HIS law to HIS people

Eze 18:20 The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Yer 33:8   'I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned and by which they have transgressed against Me.

Isa 43:25 "I, even I, AM HE Who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins.

AYAH blots out our transgressions for HIS own sake, not because of any human or animal blood sacrifrice remember 

Hsa 6:6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of YAHAWAH more than burnt offerings,

this means that the so called blood of Jesus is a farce and does absolutely nothing to save you

Now take heed to these words!! cool

Zec 13:1   "IN that day a Fountain shall be opened for the house of Dawad and for the inhabitants of Yahrushalayim, for sin and for uncleanness.

Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your Gods (Elohyim), will I cleanse you

Eze 37:23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their Gods (Elohyim), nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their FATHER

Hsa 14:1 O Yis-ra-yl, return to YAHAWAH your FATHER, for you have stumbled because of your iniquity; 

Hsa 14:2 Take vows with you, And return to YAHAWAH. Say to AYAH, "Take away all iniquity; Receive us graciously, For we will offer the sacrifices of our lips

(not human blood sacrifice as in the blood of Jesus the Greco Roman made Christ)

FOR TO OBEY THE LAW OF YAHAWAH IS BETTER THAN ANY SACRIFICE!!

LET'S READ!

1Sa 15:22 So Samuyl said: "Has YAHAWAH as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of YAHAWAH? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams.

Pro 21:3 To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to YAHAWAH than sacrifice
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2009
Yisraylite:

@ OLAADEGBU

shocked shocked My my my, how wrong you are, The Creator does not allow human sacrifice period

Psa 106:37 Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils

Eze 16:20" Moreover you took your sons and your daughters, whom you bore to Me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your acts of harlotry a small matter,

Deu 32:17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to YAHAWAH; to Gods (Elohyim) whom they knew not, to new Gods (Elohyim) that came newly up, whom your fathers reverenced not.

Yer 32:35 And they built the high places of Baal which are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Yahadah to sin.

All that you have quoted above are Satan's plot to copy and corrupt God's pattern of sacrifice. As we can see in the decalogue, abortion, euthanasia and murder is forbidden. Leviticus 17:11 says "[color=]For the life of the flesh is in the blood: I have given it to you upon the alter to make an atonement for your soul[/color]."

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." Hebrew 9:22 (The Evidence Bible).

The blood of animals shed in the Old Testament sacrifice for the atonement of souls just covered the sins and for this reason was not sufficient and explained why it had to be done repeatedly or yearly, but the blood shed by Christ was shed for the remission of sins, that is, the washing away of our sins. As I said earlier, that the OT sacrifice has been discontinued till this day because a better and perfect one has been done, the blood of Christ, the Lamb of God has been shed. In the passage above Paul shows that there can be no redemption except it is through the blood of Jesus Christ this has been foreshadowed by the Law that you are proclaiming which could not grant any covering of sin without the blood of the victim.

Yisraylite:

Eze 18:21 "But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Eze 18:22 None of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live. grin grin grin

Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says YAHAWAH. "Therefore turn and live!"

Hogwash!!! cheesy Psa 119:9 How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word(The Law & The Prophets).

If you observe the Law of God in the OT you will realise that the forgiveness of sin requires the shedding of blood as is quoted in the passages above. Jehovah was the first Person to kill an animal when the first man and woman sinned and lost their righteousness, if you are observant you will see that God shed the blood of an innocent animal to provide a covering for them. God was actually the first fashion designer as he designed a leather jacket and fur coat for Adam and Eve wink The fig leaves of self righteousness will not cover you on Judgment Day. Only God alone can provide the covering through the precious blood of the Saviour that was shed on the cross of Calvalry 2000 years ago. So, you arguments will not help you allow your conscience to answer those questions and then make the decision that will determine your destiny.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ OLAADEGBU

All that you have quoted above are Satan's plot to copy and corrupt God's pattern of sacrifice.  As we can see in the decalogue, abortion, euthanasia and murder is forbidden.  Leviticus 17:11 says "[color=]For the life of the flesh is in the blood: I have given it to you upon the alter to make an atonement for your soul[/color]."

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." Hebrew 9:22 (The Evidence Bible).

The blood of animals shed in the Old Testament sacrifice for the atonement of souls just covered the sins and for this reason was not sufficient and explained why it had to be done repeatedly or yearly, but the blood shed by Christ was shed for the remission of sins, that is, the washing away of our sins.  As I said earlier, that the OT sacrifice has been discontinued till this day because a better and perfect one has been done, the blood of Christ, the Lamb of God has been shed.  In the passage above Paul shows that there can be no redemption except it is through the blood of Jesus Christ this has been foreshadowed by the Law that you are proclaiming which could not grant any covering of sin without the blood of the victim.

shocked shocked shocked

you can't justify your false claims by quoting your new testament, since the original came b4 it I guess your Paul's letters are now regarded above the words of your Jesus undecided

The blood of animals shed in the Old Testament sacrifice for the atonement of souls just covered the sins and for this reason was not sufficient and explained why it had to be done repeatedly or yearly

This was due to the repeated disobedience of the people through their God worship, The Creator does not care for any blood period!

FOR TO OBEY THE LAW OF YAHAWAH IS BETTER THAN ANY SACRIFICE!!

LET'S READ!

1Sa 15:22 So Samuyl said: "Has YAHAWAH as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of YAHAWAH? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams.

Pro 21:3 To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to YAHAWAH than sacrifice.

Deu 6:25 Then it will be righteousness for us, if we are careful to observe all these commandments before YAHAWAH our FATHER, as HE has commanded us.

Hsa 6:6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of YAHAWAH more than burnt offerings

[B] I HOPE YOU GOT THAT!!!!!, THE CREATOR DOES'NT DESIRE ANY BLOOD SACFRICE PERIOD,AND ESPECIALLY NOT THAT OF A HUMAN BEING !!!!!! SO YOU COULD KEEP ON JUSITIFYING THIS WICKEDNESS IF YOU WANT TO[/b]

Isa 1:10 Hear the word of YAHAWAH, You rulers of Sodom; Give ear to The Law of our FATHER, You people of Gomorrah: 

Isa 1:11 "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says YAHAWAH. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle. [B]I do not delight in the blood of bulls, Or of lambs or goats. [/B] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Isa 1:12 "When you come to appear before Me, Who has required this from your hand, To trample My courts? 

Isa 1:13 Bring no more futile sacrifices; Incense is an abomination to Me. The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies-- I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting. 

Isa 1:14 Your New Moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; They are a trouble to Me, I am weary of bearing [them]. 

Isa 1:15 When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. Your hands are full of blood. 

Isa 1:16 "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil, 

Isa 1:17 Learn to do righteousness; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow. 

Isa 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says YAHAWAH, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 

Isa 1:19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land;

Isa 1:20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of YAHAWAH has spoken

If you observe the Law of God in the OT you will realise that the forgiveness of sin requires the shedding of blood as is quoted in the passages above. [B] Jehovah was the first Person to kill an animal when the first man and woman sinned and lost their righteousness, if you are observant you will see that God shed the blood of an innocent animal to provide a covering for them.[/B]  God was actually the first fashion designer as he designed a leather jacket and fur coat for Adam and Eve   The fig leaves of self righteousness will not cover you on Judgment Day

Maybe your Jehovah killed that animal for it's skin,cos YAHAWAH sure didn't cause an animal to be killedundecided It was Adam and Eve's disobedience that caused an animal to be killed, this really exposes you lack of understanding of the scriptures undecided

Isa 1:11 "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says YAHAWAH. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, Or of lambs or goats

Pro 21:3 To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to YAHAWAH than sacrifice

Deu 6:25 Then it will be righteousness for us, if we are careful to observe all these commandments before YAHAWAH our FATHER, as HE has commanded us.

If Adam and Eve had done as they were commanded no blood would have been spilled, so in essence it was Adam and Eve who killed  and spilled blood by their disobedient actions  and not the Creator undecided

You are now potraying the Creator as a willful Killer Wow, this is just the height of ignorance

Gen 3:21 Also for Adam and his wife YAHAWAH made tunics of skin, and clothed them

THE MOST HIGH STILL SHOWS THEM LOVE BY COVERING THEM IN SPITE OF THEIR WICKEDNESS

You seem to avoid some scripts while attempting to continue in your falsehoods
Only God alone can provide the covering through the precious blood of the Saviour that was shed on the cross of Calvalry 2000 years ago.  So, you arguments will not help you allow your conscience to answer those questions and then make the decision that will determine your destiny.

Please address these grin

Hsa 14:1 O Yis-ra-yl, return to YAHAWAH your FATHER, for you have stumbled because of your iniquity; 

Hsa 14:2 Take vows with you, And return to YAHAWAH. Say to AYAH, "Take away all iniquity; Receive us graciously, For we will offer the sacrifices of our lips

THE SACRIFICE OF OUR LIPS,NOT HUMAN BLOOD!!!

Yer 33:8   'I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned and by which they have transgressed against Me.

Isa 43:25 "I, even I, AM HE Who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins.

[b] The Creator says HE blots out our transgressions for HIS own sake and nothing else, again NO HUMAN OR ANIMAL BLOOD REQUIRED!!!!!!![/B]

Zec 13:1   "IN that day a Fountain shall be opened for the house of Dawad and for the inhabitants of Yahrushalayim, for sin and for uncleanness.

Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your Gods (Elohyim), will I cleanse you

Eze 37:23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their Gods (Elohyim), nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their FATHER

NO DIVERSION TACTICS PLEASE ADDRESS THESE SCRIPTURES MR OLAADEGBU
grin
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Yisraylite,

I am not interested in your arguments If you insist in continuing with your arguments then I suggest that you contact your soul mate ogaga4luv he seems to agree with most if not all of your posts. I will rather advise you to sincerely and honestly answer the questions in this link and reflect over them because what you do with them will determine where you will spend your eternity.

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ OLAADEGBU

@Yisraylite,

I am not interested in your arguments   If you insist in continuing with your arguments then I suggest that you contact your soul mate ogaga4luv he seems to agree with most if not all of your posts.  I will rather advise you to sincerely and honestly answer the questions in this link and reflect over them because what you do with them will determine where you will spend your eternity.

I guess this is your way of trying to bow out gracefully undecided

These posted scriptures that you can't refute have now become my arguements like I wrote them  undecided  It only exposes your christianity to be a fraud and one can only go so far in an attempt to defend a fraud, Sorry Bro you just ran into a solid brick wall one your overly emtional christianity will not be able to over come, It is called the TRUTH  grin

Psa 119:151 You [are] near, O YAHAWAH(YHWH), And all Your commandments [are] truth.

Psa 119:142 Your righteousness [is] an everlasting righteousness, And Your law [is] truth.

Psa 119:150 They draw near who follow after wickedness; They are far from Your law.

Psa 119:172 My tongue shall speak of Your word, For all Your commandments [are] righteousness.

Pro 6:23 For the commandment [is] a lamp, And the law a light; Reproofs of instruction [are] the way of life,

THIS IS WHAT THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT TEACHES US !!! WHILE THIS IS WHAT YOUR NEW TESTAMENT TEACHES YOU

Jhn 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me

grin grin grin grin SIMPLY LAUGHABLE!!!
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19am On Dec 27, 2009
@Yisraylite,

If you care so much about the commandments of God it will be better to think on how it applies to your life as I have suggested in the link that you have ignored. Since your aim is to argue about them blindly it will be better that you do that on another thread knowing that this thread is about the nativity of the Lord Jesus Christ who you detest. Your partners in crime like abuzola, olabowale and ogaga4luv will be happy to indulge you on your bashing of Jesus since it appears that you share the same passion.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

If you care so much about the commandments of God it will be better to think on how it applies to your life as I have suggested in the link that you have ignored.

Pitiful undecided You either do YHWH's Commandments or you don't,your reasoning is simply flawed,

OLAADEGBU (m)
UK

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation(Deut. 10:12-13)
« #13 on: January 11, 2009, 11:57 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and His statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

(Deuteronomy 10:12-13)

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart

You can post them , but you don't do them  shocked shocked Wow!! aren't you being hypocritical?   grin grin

OLAADEGBU (m)
UK

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation (1 Kings 2:3)
« #30 on: January 23, 2009, 11:27 AM » 

And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, and His commandments, and His judgments, and His testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:

(1 Kings 2:3)

Report to moderator    Logged 

The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart

There is something definitely wrong with your brain , You need to leave Jesus alone and come back home Bro because I can see you know the Truth, You've just wilfully chosen to reject it angry sad
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by nuclearboy(m): 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2009
Hello again, Yisraylite!  cheesy

Could you please read Isa 7:14 (9:16 of the same book shows explicitly who God says He is) of your original testament? In the above, you state that it is Yisrael named as God's Son.

Fine!

Kindly explain how a Virgin gave birth to an entire existing Nation from the "original testament" preferably using quotes directly ascribed to YAHAWAH abi na YAWAYAH and show how Yisrael can be called Prince of Peace, Wonderful Counselor or the Mighty God also using the OT.

Now, no games here! No pants on fire or "liar liar liar" tactics. Ok, Bro? grin
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by ganny1: 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2009
I need a help from any nigeria police. Pls email me on kotgan2k3@yahoo.com
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2009
@nuclearboy

Hello nuclearboy, I have a feeling you like our exchanges grin

Hello again, Yisraylite! 

Could you please read Isa 7:14 (9:16 of the same book shows explicitly who God says He is) of your original testament? In the above, you state that it is Yisrael named as God's Son.

Isa 7:14 Therefore YAHAWAH Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the young woman is with child, and she will bear a son, and shall call his name ‘Immanu-Yah’.

Isa 7:16 For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings

Isa 8:3 Then I went to the prophetess, and she conceived and bore a son. Then YAHAWAH said to me, "Call his name Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

Isa 8:4 for before the child shall have knowledge to cry 'My father' and 'My mother,' the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria will be taken away before the king of Assyria." 

Isa 8:5 YAHAWAH also spoke to me again, saying: 

Isa 8:6 "Inasmuch as these people refused The waters of Shiloah that flow softly, And rejoice in Rezin and in Remaliah's son; 

Isa 8:7 Now therefore, behold, YAHAWAH brings up over them The waters of the River, [fn] strong and mighty-- The king of Assyria and all his glory; He will go up over all his channels And go over all his banks. 

Isa 8:8 He will pass through Yahadah, He will overflow and pass over, He will reach up to the neck; And the stretching out of his wings Will fill the breadth of Your land, O Immanu-Yah (YHWH is with us) 

Isa 8:9 "Be shattered, O you peoples, and be broken in pieces! Give ear, all you from far countries. Gird yourselves, but be broken in pieces; Gird yourselves, but be broken in pieces. 

Isa 8:10 Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; Speak the word, but it will not stand, For YAHAWAH [is] with us (Immanu-Yah)

I hope you don't think you can get away with creating one verse doctrines, You have to see that verse in its full context!!!

THE SEVENTH CHAPTER IN THE BOOK OF ISAIAH BEGINS BY DESCRIBING THE MILITARY CRISIS THAT WAS CONFRONTING KING AHAZ OF THE KINGDOM OF JUDAH.  AROUND THE YEAR 732 B.C.E., THE HOUSE OF DAVID WAS FACING IMMINENT DESTRUCTION AT THE HANDS OF TWO WARRING KINGDOMS: THE NORTHERN KINGDOM OF ISRAEL, LED BY KING PEQAH, AND THE KINGDOM OF SYRIA (ARAM), LED BY KING RETSIN. THESE TWO ARMIES HAD BESIEGED JERUSALEM.  ISAIAH RECORDS THAT THE HOUSE OF DAVID AND KING AHAZ WERE GRIPPED WITH FEAR.  YHWH SENT THE PROPHET ISAIAH TO REASSURE KING AHAZ THAT DIVINE PROTECTION WAS AT HAND YHWH WOULD PROTECT HIM AND HIS KINGDOM AND THAT THEIR DELIVERANCE WAS ASSURED, AND THESE TWO HOSTILE ARMIES WOULD FAIL IN THEIR ATTEMPT TO SUBJUGATE JERUSALEM.

IT IS CLEAR FROM THE NARRATIVE IN THIS CHAPTER, THAT ISAIAH’S DECLARATION (IS 7:14-16) WAS A PROPHECY ABOUT THE UNSUCCESSFUL SIEGE OF JERUSALEM BY THE TWO ARMIES FROM THE NORTH.  THE VERSES ISAIAH 7:15-16 STATE THAT, BY THE TIME THIS CHILD (WHOSE IMMINENT BIRTH WAS FORETOLD IN ISAIAH 7:14) REACHES THE AGE OF MATURITY (“… HE KNOWS TO REJECT BAD AND CHOOSE GOOD …”), THE KINGS OF THE TWO ENEMY NATIONS WILL BE GONE, IN FACT, THEY WILL BE KILLED.  TWO BIBLICAL PASSAGES, 2 KINGS 15:29-30 AND 2 KINGS 16:9, CONFIRM THAT THIS PROPHECY WAS CONTEMPORANEOUSLY FULFILLED WHEN THESE TWO KINGS WERE ASSASSINATED.  WITH AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE CONTEXT OF ISAIAH 7:14 ALONE, IT IS EVIDENT THAT THE NAME OF THE CHILD IN ISAIAH 7:14, IMMANU'YAH, IS A SIGN WHICH POINTS TO THE DIVINE PROTECTION THAT KING AHAZ AND HIS PEOPLE WOULD ENJOY FROM THEIR OTHERWISE CERTAIN DEMISE AT THE HANDS OF THESE TWO ENEMIES.  CLEARLY, ISAIAH 7:14 IS A NEAR-TERM PROPHECY THAT IS PART OF AN HISTORIC NARRATIVE, AND WHICH WAS FULFILLED IN THE IMMEDIATE TIME FRAME, NOT SOME SEVEN-AND-A-HALF CENTURIES IN THE FUTURE.

If you can't grasp this ,it would be a waste of my time to continue on to Isa 9:16
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by nuclearboy(m): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
Any intelligent person has doubts about information not native to him. Where intelligence doesn't make sense is when the idea is to confuse. So whist you make think you are unique in asking questions (and answering them yourself), some of us go further and search.

I do not speak Hebrew and this same issue bothered me too in the past so I did some personal searching. Luckily I kept the link and just found it now. You say it was a young woman, ehn?

Well, both alma - young woman and betula - virgin are wrong interpretations of the Hebrew.

Those who are opposed to the interpretation of Isaiah 7:14 as a prophetic passage referring to a virgin birth claim that ‘ almâ does not mean “virgin,” and that the word used exclusively for “ virgin” is the Hebrew word betûlâ. Both of these claims, however, are inaccurate. A careful look at the etymological and semantical aspects of these two words actually documents the fact that there is no single-word-meaning for either Hebrew term.

According to John Walton, one of the translations of ‘almâ is “young woman,” but there are certain nuances to the Hebrew term. After examining all occurrences of the word, and looking briefly at its etymology, Walton gave the lexicographical definition of ‘almâ as “one who has not yet borne a child and as an abstraction refers to the adolescent expectation of motherhood.” In application to Isaiah 7:14, he admitted that virginity seemed to be implied (1997a, 3:415-418). As to the claim that, if Isaiah had meant virgin, he would have used betûlâ, Walton refutes that as well. He says that betûlâ is a “social status indicating that a young girl is under the guardianship of her father, with all the age and sexual inferences that accompany that status” (1997b, 1:783). If the passage was a prophecy of the virgin birth of Jesus, then betûlâ would not apply since Mary, while not yet married per se to Joseph, was nonetheless no longer under the guardianship of her father.

The Septuagint renders ‘almâ in Isaiah 7:14 as parthenos, which means “a female of marriageable age with focus on virginity” (Danker, 2000, p. 777). Concerning the Septuagint translation of the Hebrew, Dohmen noted:

It is unlikely that the LXX [Septuagint] tried to import the concept of a virgin birth, a familiar idea in many religious traditions, into Isa. 7:14. It is also possible that the unusual translation of the LXX is an attempt to accommodate the meaning of the text as altered by both the redaction and the reception of the original prophetic oracle (2001, 10:160, emp. added).

The translators of the Greek Septuagint rendered ‘almâ as parthenos, which generally means “virgin,” instead of neanis, which generally means “young woman” (Danker, p. 667). Jerome, in his translation of the Bible into Latin, rendered parthenos as virgo, which usually means “virgin” (Dohmen, 10:160). It is interesting that the translators of the Septuagint took the thought of the Hebrew passage and translated it into a Greek word for “virgin.” Since they worked about two hundred years before Christ was born, then the translators of the Septuagint could not have been trying to “fit” scripture to a Christian viewpoint, but instead were merely giving the correct translation for the passage. Of the passage in Isaiah 7:14, H.D.M. Spence and Joseph Exell made the following observations:

The renderation “virgin” has the support of the best modern Hebraists, as Lowth, Gesenius, Ewald, Delitzsch, Kay. It is observed with reason that unless ’almah is translated “virgin,” there is no announcement made worth of the grand prelude: “The Lord himself shall give you a sign—Behold!” The Hebrew, however, has not “a virgin” but “the virgin” (and so the Septuagint, h parthenos), which points to some special virgin, preeminent above all others (1962, 10:128, emp. in orig., italicized Greek words transliterated from Greek characters in orig.).

The point is well made that Isaiah was emphasizing a special birth, worthy of being considered a sign from God. With that in mind, the logical translation for ‘almâ is “virgin.”

Besides Isaiah 7:14, ‘almâ is used in Genesis 24:43, Exodus 2:8, Psalm 68:25, Proverbs 30:19, Song of Solomon 1:3 and 6:8. In an examination of the passages using the word ‘almâ, H.C. Leupold concluded that it “cannot be denied that such a one is to be classified as a virgin” (1988, 1:156). James Coffman drew an identical conclusion in his Commentary on Isaiah, citing Homer Hailey’s conclusion that the word ‘almâ , as used in the Old Testament, must be referring to a virgin (1990, p. 75). J. Gresham Machen, in his classic book, The Virgin Birth of Christ, indicated that “there is no place among the seven occurrences of ‘almah in the Old Testament where the word is clearly used of a woman who was not a virgin” (1980, p. 288).

In Genesis 24:43, the word ‘almâ refers to Rebekah, who we know from Genesis 24:16 was a virgin (which, incidentally, is designated by the term betûlâ). So here both betûlâ and ‘almâ are used to refer to a virgin girl. In Exodus 2:8, ‘almâ refers to Miriam, the elder sister of Moses. There is nothing in scripture to indicate that his sister was married at that time. In fact, it appears that she was not married and still living at home; therefore, ‘almâ likely is referring to her virgin condition. The Psalm 68:25 reference uses ‘almâ to designate young girls who were playing timbrels in what appears to be a religious parade or ceremony. It is highly unlikely that these girls were not virgins, since it would be uncommon for either a married woman or an unchaste girl to be involved in such a procession. Proverbs 30:19 is a little harder to decipher, but it appears that it is referring to intercourse between a man and a woman. [“There are three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not: the way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maiden.”] However, it is impossible to ascertain from the verse whether or not the woman was a virgin. From the context of Song of Solomon 1:3 (“Thine oils have a goodly fragrance; thy name is as oil poured forth; therefore do the virgins love thee”), ‘almâ can refer only to a virgin. Song of Solomon 6:8 (“There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number”) also is obviously referring to virgins, as opposed to the queens and concubines who have lost their virginity.

In Matthew 1:18-25, the apostle Matthew provided a divinely inspired commentary, citing Isaiah 7:14 as a prophecy fulfilled by the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. “Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, ‘Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us’ ” (Matthew 1:22-23, emp. added).

Therefore, the only conclusion that one can draw respecting the available evidence is that the Hebrew word ‘almâ, as used in Isaiah 7:14 and elsewhere in the Bible, is properly rendered “virgin.” The term does not always mean virgin in non-biblical writings, nor do analogous terms of other Semitic languages necessitate this translation. Nevertheless, in biblical usage, the only example that can be found is of a young woman whose virginity is intact.

IN EFFECT, IT WAS A VIRGIN BIRTH AND THAT ALONE IF NOTHING ELSE PROVES THIS WAS NOT THE BIRTH ASCRIBED TO THE PROPHETESS

REFERENCES

Coffman, James Burton (1990), Commentary on Isaiah (Abilene, TX: Abilene Christian University Press).

Danker, Fredrick William (2000), A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and other Early Christian Literature (Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press).

Dohmen, C. (2001), “‘almâ, ‘elem,” Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans), 10:154-163.

Gibson, Sam (2001), “Cygnus’ Study—The Prophecy Challenge,” Cygnus’ Study Debunking the Bible, [On-line], URL: http://www.cygnus-study.com/prophecy.shtml.

Leupold, H.C. (1988), Exposition of Isaiah (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker).

Machen, J. Gresham (1980), The Virgin Birth of Christ (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker).

Spence, H.D.M. and Joseph Exell (1962), The Pulpit Commentary (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans).

Walton, John (1997a), “‘alûmîm, ‘elem, ‘almâ,” New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology & Exegesis (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan), 3:415-419.

Walton, John H. (1997b), “betûlâ,” New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan), 1:781-784.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by nuclearboy(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2009
And do not fool yourself that I like these "exchanges".

I only humored you (and soon will ignore you) because I looked at your previous posts and noticed everyone got tired and moved on. Not because you had legitimate points but simply cos they got fed up. I see no cohesion in an argument that attacks everything and anything without having basis for such. Most of your posts are puerile, adolescent and geared towards ridiculing people who were sincerely discussing their faiths. Yet you openly claim you have chosen not to live as though the Laws existed.

Then what are you doing here defending what you do not even live trying to ridicule the faith of people trying to live up to their conception of God?

You should be in a bar/brothel living the life you claim you've chosen. Or are you afraid and screaming silently for help from Jesus? from NL? from Anyone? wink
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2009
@Yisraylite,

It seems that the only language you understand is the Old Testament commandments but you don't seem to be able to answer the questions I asked you.  I learnt that you are based in the U.S of A so I will be attempting to spell out the decalogue in the language you are familiar with.

[list]
1.  I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any other gods before me .
          I'm God.  Don't play me.
[/list]

[list]
2.  Thou shalt not have any graven images
           Don't be makin no hood ornaments and charms out of me, or like me.
[/list]
[list]
3.  Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain
         Don't be callin' me for no reason.
[/list]
[list]
4.  Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy
          Y'all betta be in church on Sunday, and not just the Sundays when it's Mother's day, Easter and Christmas
[/list]
[list]
5.  Honour thy father and thy mother
          Don't Diss or cuss out yo momma,  and if you know who ya daddy is, don't Diss him neither.
[/list]
[list]
6.  Thou shalt not kill
          Don't be goin' on no drive bys.
[/list]
[list]
7.  Thou shalt not commit adultery    
          Stick to ya own Boo.
[/list]
[list]
8.  Thou shalt not steal
          Don't be borrow'n stuff and don't give it back.
[/list] 
[list]
9.  Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother
          Don't be snitchin' on the otha' man to save your behind.
[/list]
[list]
10.  Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy brother.
            Don't be eyein' (skeeming) yo homie's crib, ride, woman, or nuffin.
[/list]

I hope these ebonics explains it better so that you can now see how it applies to your life.  But if you need me to break it down further I am happy to oblige.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 1:35am On Dec 29, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
.  I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any other gods before me .
          I'm God.  Don't play me.

2.  Thou shalt not have any graven images
           Don't be makin no hood ornaments and charms out of me, or like me.

3.  Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain
         Don't be callin' me for no reason.

4.  Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy
          Y'all betta be in church on Sunday, and not just the Sundays when it's Mother's day, Easter and Christmas

5.  Honour thy father and thy mother
          Don't Diss or cuss out yo momma,  and if you know who ya daddy is, don't Diss him neither.

6.  Thou shalt not kill
          Don't be goin' on no drive bys.

7.  Thou shalt not commit adultery     
          Stick to ya own Boo.

8.  Thou shalt not steal
          Don't be borrow'n stuff and don't give it back.

9.  Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother
          Don't be snitchin' on the otha' man to save your behind.

10.  Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy brother.
            Don't be eyein' (skeeming) yo homie's crib, ride, woman, or nuffin.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Now you're just being silly

Yisraylite:

@OLAADEGBU

OLAADEGBU (m)
UK

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation(Deut. 10:12-13)
« #13 on: January 11, 2009, 11:57 AM » 

And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and His statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

(Deuteronomy 10:12-13)

You can post them , but you don't do them  shocked shocked Wow!! aren't you being hypocritical?   grin grin

There is something definitely wrong with your brain , You need to leave Jesus alone and come back home Bro because I can see you know the Truth, You've just wilfully chosen to reject it

Now what Question did you ask me ,please repost smiley
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 1:56am On Dec 29, 2009
@ slowpoke  grin

Any intelligent person has doubts about information not native to him. Where intelligence doesn't make sense is when the idea is to confuse. So whist you make think you are unique in asking questions (and answering them yourself), some of us go further and search.

I do not speak Hebrew and this same issue bothered me too in the past so I did some personal searching. Luckily I kept the link and just found it now. You say it was a young woman, ehn?

Well, both alma - young woman and betula - virgin are wrong interpretations of the Hebrew.

Those who are opposed to the interpretation of Isaiah 7:14 as a prophetic passage referring to a virgin birth claim that ‘ almâ does not mean “virgin,” and that the word used exclusively for “ virgin” is the Hebrew word betûlâ. Both of these claims, however, are inaccurate. A careful look at the etymological and semantical aspects of these two words actually documents the fact that there is no single-word-meaning for either Hebrew term.

According to John Walton, one of the translations of ‘almâ is “young woman,” but there are certain nuances to the Hebrew term. After examining all occurrences of the word, and looking briefly at its etymology, Walton gave the lexicographical definition of ‘almâ as “one who has not yet borne a child and as an abstraction refers to the adolescent expectation of motherhood.” In application to Isaiah 7:14, he admitted that virginity seemed to be implied (1997a, 3:415-418). As to the claim that, if Isaiah had meant virgin, he would have used betûlâ, Walton refutes that as well. He says that betûlâ is a “social status indicating that a young girl is under the guardianship of her father, with all the age and sexual inferences that accompany that status” (1997b, 1:783). If the passage was a prophecy of the virgin birth of Jesus, then betûlâ would not apply since Mary, while not yet married per se to Joseph, was nonetheless no longer under the guardianship of her father.

The Septuagint renders ‘almâ in Isaiah 7:14 as parthenos, which means “a female of marriageable age with focus on virginity” (Danker, 2000, p. 777). Concerning the Septuagint translation of the Hebrew, Dohmen noted:

It is unlikely that the LXX [Septuagint] tried to import the concept of a virgin birth, a familiar idea in many religious traditions, into Isa. 7:14. It is also possible that the unusual translation of the LXX is an attempt to accommodate the meaning of the text as altered by both the redaction and the reception of the original prophetic oracle (2001, 10:160, emp. added).

[b]a. BUT WHAT IS THE PRECISE MEANING OF 'ALMAH? THERE ARE NUMEROUS SCHOLARS WHO ARE NONCOMMITTAL AS TO WHETHER THE TERM SIGNIFIES A VIRGIN OR A MARRIED WOMAN. ROGERS STATES HIS POSITION CLEARLY: "FIRST OF ALL, IT MUST BE SAID THAT THE HEBREW WORD ALMAH MAY MEAN 'VIRGIN,' BUT DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN ANYTHING MORE THAN A YOUNG WOMAN OF MARRIAGEABLE AGE. HAD THE PROPHET INTENDED SPECIFICALLY AND PRECISELY TO SAY 'VIRGIN,' HE MUST HAVE USED THE WORD BETHULAH, THOUGH EVEN THEN THERE WOULD BE A FAINT SHADE OF UNCERTAINTY
b.
c. CHRISTIAN TRANSLATIONS

THE CHRISTIAN TRANSLATIONS ARE GENERALLY INCONSISTENT IN THEIR RENDITIONS OF THE TERM   (HA'ALMAH) – SOME USE THE CORRECT TERMINOLOGY FOR THE NOUN ITSELF, I.E., YOUNG WOMAN OR MAIDEN, OTHERS USE VIRGIN; AND SOME PRESERVE THE DEFINITE ARTICLE, THE, WHILE OTHERS CHANGE IT TO THE INDEFINITE ARTICLE, A.  IN GENERAL, MOST MODERN CHRISTIAN TRANSLATORS (GENERALLY, REPRESENTED BY CATEGORY I) HAVE RENDERED THE NOUN   (ALMAH) CORRECTLY.

THE CHRISTIAN TRANSLATIONS ARE GENERALLY INCONSISTENT IN THEIR RENDITIONS OF THE TENSE OF THE CONJUGATED VERB   (HARAH) IN THIS VERSE – SOME USE THE PROPER TENSE, WHILE OTHERS TREAT THE CONCEPTION AS AN EVENT THAT WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE (DISTANT) FUTURE.

d. HEBREW TRANSLATIONS COMPARED WITH CHRISTIAN TRANSLATIONS

SUCH COMPARISON IS NOT MEANINGFUL DUE TO THE DIVERSITY WITHIN EACH SET OF TRANSLATIONS.  IN GENERAL, MOST MODERN CHRISTIAN TRANSLATIONS ARE CLOSER TO THE CORRECT HEBREW TRANSLATIONS, I.E., THOSE THAT RENDER THE NOUN   (HA'ALMAH) AS THE YOUNG WOMAN OR THE MAIDEN, AND   (HARAH) AS IS WITH CHILD.  OLDER CHRISTIAN TRANSLATIONS GENERALLY USE VIRGIN, A TERM THAT WOULD HAVE REQUIRED THE HEBREW TERM FOR A VIRGIN,   (BETULAH), WITHOUT THE DEFINITE ARTICLE, TO BE IN THE ORIGINAL HEBREW TEXT OF ISAIAH 7:14.
[/b]

And do not fool yourself that I like these "exchanges".

I only humored you (and soon will ignore you) because I looked at your previous posts and noticed everyone got tired and moved on. Not because you had legitimate points but simply cos they got fed up. I see no cohesion in an argument that attacks everything and anything without having basis for such. Most of your posts are puerile, adolescent and geared towards ridiculing people who were sincerely discussing their faiths. Yet you openly claim you have chosen not to live as though the Laws existed.

Then what are you doing here defending what you do not even live trying to ridicule the faith of people trying to live up to their conception of God?

You should be in a bar/brothel living the life you claim you've chosen. Or are you afraid and screaming silently for help from Jesus? from NL? from Anyone?

I know what is burning you up, the fact that you're never run into anyone  like me, If you have please state their names and quote their post shocked

It is really funny to see you fight yourself over verses tha are in your own Bible

Isa 7:14 Therefore YAHAWAH Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the young woman is with child, and she will bear a son, and shall call his name ‘Immanu-Yah’.

Isa 7:16 For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings

Let us apply this to your Jesus, The only land they could have dreaded in his so called time would have been Rome, So before Jesus grew up to know the diff b/w good and evil Rome would have bee forsaken by her 2 kingS?

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! LMAO, Please show from historical records when Rome was forsaken by her 2 kings b4 Jesus became a Man grin grin grin that should keep your dullard brain active for a minute!!!
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Dec 29, 2009
@Yisraylite,

Even though you have been brainwashed your heart needs to be bloodwashed with the blood of the lamb. Now read what God requires of you.

What God Requires

"And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?" (Deuteronomy 10:12-13)

This sounds simple enough, and the people of Israel readily agreed with Moses to do these things. Modern religious liberals cite such a lifestyle as all that is necessary to satisfy God. But the rub is this: Who dares claim to "walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord |his| God with all |his| heart?" Anyone who makes such a claim would be breaking God’s commandment against lying.

Solomon reached a conclusion of like kind: "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man" (Ecclesiastes 12:13). Indeed so, but who can "keep his commandments"? "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" (James 2:10).

Another favourite verse of the liberals is Micah 6:8: "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" Yes, but the problem is that[i] "there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not"[/i] (Ecclesiastes 7:20).

There was one such man, of course! The Lord Jesus Christ[i] "did no sin,"[/i] yet was willing to "bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness" (1 Peter 2:22-24). What we could never do, He has done for us. Now, through faith in the finished work of Christ, we have been set free from the bondage of sin and can indeed "have |our[i]| fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life"[/i] (Romans 6:22). HMM
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mccloud224(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2009
Is the word "manger" still used in today's spoken English?In between, check out this thread :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-372836.0.html
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2009
The Steadfast Faith of Joseph and Mary

"There was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7)

Those familiar with the Christmas story, known by multiplied millions around the world, often make the small incident of no vacancies at the inn something of a cute product of the trip to Bethlehem.

Few in the United States have ever been stranded without shelter for a short time--let alone have had to give birth in an animal pen.  Most of us will never have to know just how isolated and abandoned Joseph and Mary must have felt that first Christmas Eve.

Both of them knew that this Child would be "Son of the Highest" (Luke 1:32).  Both of them had had personal visits from the Chief Angel, Gabriel.  Both of them knew that the Father of this Son was none other than the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:20).  And both of them had willingly obeyed God's instruction (Matthew 1:24 and Luke 1:38).  They had every human right to expect "special treatment" and recognition for their faith and obedience.

Instead, however, the false rumours that had troubled Joseph about Mary's infidelity (Matthew 1:18-19) continued to swirl around them, and the long trek from Nazareth to Bethlehem only added to the plight of their social ostracism and poverty.  The Bible does not tell us how long they were looking for shelter--we are only told that "while they were there" (Luke 2:6) Mary had to deliver the Child in a manger.

Until the shepherds came with their wonderful story of the angelic chorus, Joseph and Mary had no word of verification in addition to no room for their rest.  And although they were in a house (Matthew 2:11) when the wise men came, nearly two years had gone by (Matthew 2:16) before they received the gifts that would sustain them for several years in Egypt.

Remember these two wonderful saints this holiday for their steadfast faith and unwavering obedience. HMM III
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Yisraylite(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

grin grin I see you've been applying your evasive maneuvers, oh well its your choice  grin

@Yisraylite,

Even though you have been brainwashed your heart needs to be bloodwashed with the blood of the lamb.  Now read what God requires of you.

What God Requires

"And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?" (Deuteronomy 10:12-13)

This sounds simple enough, and the people of Israel readily agreed with Moses to do these things.  Modern religious liberals cite such a lifestyle as all that is necessary to satisfy God.  But the rub is this: Who dares claim to "walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord |his| God with all |his| heart?" Anyone who makes such a claim would be breaking God’s commandment against lying.

Who dares claim to "walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord |his| God with all |his| heart?" Anyone who makes such a claim would be breaking God’s commandment against lying.

Jos 11:15 As YAHAWAH had commanded Masha his servant, so Masha commanded Yahshua, and so Yahshua did. He left nothing undone of all that YAHAWAH had commanded Masha.

Nice try grin grin so Masha and Yahshua ben Nun were liars according to Mr OLAADEGBU,then how do you read this:

Gen 26:5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws." 

Oh! Abraham too was a liar according to you, Bro I've told to leave the white man's christianity alone and come home Bro! that stuff ain't no good for ya sad

your heart needs to be bloodwashed with the blood of the lamb

This is what I'm talking about one minute your Jesus is a man and the next minute he is an animal a Lamb to be sacrificed, so who ate him after he was sacrificed grin

I guess everyday you wash your clothes in blood, Woooow! delusions, delusions, delusions! I wonder who's brainwashed here!

Isa 1:15 When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. Your hands are full of blood. 

Isa 1:16 "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil, 

Isa 1:11 "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says YAHAWAH. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, Or of lambs or goats. 

Hsa 6:6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of YAHAWAH more than burnt offerings
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2009
Yisraylite:

Jos 11:15 As YAHAWAH had commanded Masha his servant, so Masha commanded Yahshua, and so Yahshua did. He left nothing undone of all that YAHAWAH had commanded Masha.

Nice try grin grin so Masha and Yahshua ben Nun were liars according to Mr OLAADEGBU,then how do you read this:

Gen 26:5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws." 

Oh! Abraham too was a liar according to you, Bro I've told to leave the white man's christianity alone and come home Bro! that stuff ain't no good for ya sad

Let these men of faith speak some truth to your conscience, you might have a chance of catching the drift.

"The precepts of philosophy, and of the Hebrew code, laid hold of actions only.  [Jesus] pushed His scrutinies into the heart of man, erected His tribunal in the region of his thoughts, and purified the waters at the fountain head." -- Thomas Jefferson

"God's grace cannot be faithfully preached to unbelievers until His Law is preached and man's corrupt nature is exposed.  It is impossible for a person to fully realise his need for God's grace until he sees how terribly he has failed the standards of God's Law.  It is impossible for him to realise his need for mercy until he realises the magnitude of his guilt." 

"The Law's part in transformation is to make a person aware of his sin and of his need for divine forgiveness and redemption and to set the standard of acceptable morality.  Grace means nothing to a person who does not know he is sinful and that such sinfulness means he is separated from God and damned.  It is therefore pointless to preach grace until the impossible demands of the Law and the reality of guilt before God are preached." -- John MacArthur.

Yisraylite:

This is what I'm talking about one minute your Jesus is a man and the next minute he is an animal a Lamb to be sacrificed, so who ate him after he was sacrificed grin

In Christ we are sheltered under the umbrella of grace from the rain of the wrath of the Law.  Jesus Himself said that He had not come to do away with the Law.  Christians establish the Law in Christ (Rom.3:31).  We corroborate it.  The Law still remains as the standard of God's righteousness and it will be the means by which He will judge the world.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by AbuZola3(m): 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
poor jesu, born in a manger, hahhhahaha
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2009
Abu Zola:

poor jesu, born in a manger, hahhhahaha

When were you released from your incarceration?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by illusion2: 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

When were you released from your incarceration?
ABU IS BACK !!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Man You Marry Can Make Or Break You – Mrs. Oritsejafor / Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God / Download Brokenness By Dr. D.K Olukoya - Book (pdf)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.