Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,410 members, 7,853,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (72099 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (99) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by mukina2: 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
nice game. heard cheksli won, two powerful drugbar headers grin tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 11:42pm On Feb 10, 2010
mukina2:

nice game. heard cheksli won, two powerful drugbar headers grin tongue
yeah, against you. . .remember? tongue cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2010
If una see Arsenal now una go dey huff and puff una chest like gorilla wey aggro dey worry. Mschewwww

How Market??
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 11:47pm On Feb 10, 2010
market is good.
First on the log.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by tayoast(m): 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2010
A-40:

If una see Arsenal now una go dey huff and puff una chest like gorilla wey aggro dey worry. Mschewwww

How Market??

beta tend 2 ur own problems & stop taunting sm1 much more superior
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 12:26am On Feb 11, 2010
Calm down bros dont burst ya coronary artery we dont want you visiting the coroner. We know you are superior we are just politely asking why u didnt show it today
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by rasputinn(m): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2010
KING LOUIS,completely despoil.d John Thomas Terry the whole game,Terry was completely USELESS in the game,ahhh adultery can sure turn a hitherto average player into a mumu player

oouch

grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by rasputinn(m): 7:36am On Feb 11, 2010
I told my friends I was gonna have a good laugh at Cheski's expense(cos y'all falsely believe you're actually gonna win the EPL grin grin grin),my oh my,I never figured the laughter will start so soon grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 7:58am On Feb 11, 2010
REACTION: THEY MADE IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT

Ray Wilkins was naturally disappointed following our 2-1 defeat to Everton this evening but had faith in the football Chelsea produced.
The assistant first team coach described Everton's willingness to work as a factor in the result, with the Toffees continually coming back with strong football to overcome the Chelsea defence.
'When you come to a place like Everton their work rate is such that they make it extremely difficult for you,' explained Wilkins.
'They are never going to lie down and they came back at us in a really strong fashion.
'Looking at the whole game they probably just deserved to nick it but well done to our lads as well because in the end we really came back and had a go.'
The last 15 minutes was all Chelsea as we searched for an equaliser and pressured the Everton box, but Louis Saha's brace was too much for the visitors to come back from.
'You have to give Everton a lot of credit for the way they played,' added Wilkins.
'They certainly worked extremely hard, didn't give us a lot of time on the ball, and when you're working against that then it's going to be a difficult evening.
'Perhaps we lacked a touch of intensity but apart from that our football was good and we just couldn't pull it off in the end.'
Despite the loss, we're still top of the League and Wilkins insists the competition in this year's top-flight is greater than that of previous seasons, although he believes the Blues are still in a strong position.
'It's a very exciting Premier League and that's what everyone wanted at the start of the season.
'We would love to be running away 10 points clear, but that was never going to happen.
'It's a fantastic Premier League this year and we still find ourselves at the top of it. So we are delighted with that having lost today.'
David Moyes, who beat Chelsea for the first time as either Preston or Everton manager, was obviously impressed with his side's performance.
'It was a perfect result,' said Moyes, 'it just shows the way we have been playing in the last few months.
'Teams know when they play Everton they are always going to have a game. Chelsea didn't come into it with any complacency.
'We had to hang in for 20 minutes when I thought Chelsea were fantastic by interchanging positions, making it very hard to get close to them, Zhirkov and Lampard in particular.
'But when we got to one each, everybody in the ground grew, everyone felt better and in the second half the players turned the screw, we smothered Chelsea with every opportunity. The players did a great job.'
One thing which will cause extra concern for fans on top of tonight's loss was the early departure of Ashley Cole, who took a knock 10 minutes into the second half.
He was replaced by Michael Ballack while Yury Zhirkov moved into the left-back role. Wilkins informed us of the thump our number 3 sustained.
'He has taken quite a nasty knock. It wasn't a foul but it was a tough challenge and the force of the tackle has created a slight problem with his ankle.
'We will get back to Cobham and assess but hopefully it's not too bad.'
Finally Wilkins gave the latest on John Terry's situation and whether he will be available for Saturday's FA Cup clash with Cardiff.
'John won't play this weekend, Carlo has given him a bit of time off and he will come back and play against Wolves on the 20th.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1962269,00.html
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by khanye(m): 10:14am On Feb 11, 2010
@ FBS
How is office 2day? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 10:28am On Feb 11, 2010
khanye:

@ FBS
How is office 2day? grin
Cool as ever. tongue grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by toosoon(m): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2010
JT will not play weekend!!! Hey Chelsea players should assign bodyguards to watch­ their wives and girlfriends because Terry will be makin plans to climb another bridge !too bad!!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by khanye(m): 10:51am On Feb 11, 2010
FBS:

Cool as ever. tongue grin

I dont think so grin tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 10:52am On Feb 11, 2010
khanye:

I dont think so grin tongue
What you think does not matter. tongue cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by RuuDie(m): 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
JT off to Dubai. . . . . . . <*chanting*> Ashley, Ashley where is your wife <*chanting*> grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by tayoast(m): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2010
RuuDie:

JT off to Dubai. . . . . . . <*chanting*> Ashley, Ashley where is your wife <*chanting*> grin grin grin

too_soon:

JT will not play weekend!!! Hey Chelsea players should assign bodyguards to watch­ their wives and girlfriends because Terry will be makin plans to climb another bridge !too bad!!

u guys r definitely aving fun.

Enjoy whyl it lasts
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by edoyad(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ashley Cole out for three months ? shocked JT might actually play alongside Bridge in Africa ? Aya ya ya ya ! !
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by just2nice(m): 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ashley Cole out for 3 months?Damn! This is the worst piece of news I would expect to read, especially after our defeat to Everton yesterday. I know Zhirkov will step up to the plate but his defensive abilities is still suspect. Much of our game plan is built on our attacking plan down the left and let us hope Zhirkov will effectively fill AC's shoes,just like Ivanovic is superbly performing in Bosingwa's absence.KTBFFH.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
From bad to worse for Chelski - Cashley out for three months and epileptic Bosingwa still trying to recover his form.

There are truly many twists and turns left in this title race.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Sauron1: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
debosky:

From bad to worse for Chelski - Cashley out for three months and epileptic Bosingwa still trying to recover his form.

There are truly many twists and turns left in this title race.

They have Zhirkov.
Ashley Cole's absence is insignificant.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by kaypumpin2(m): 9:31pm On Feb 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

They have Zhirkov.
Ashley Cole's absence is insignificant.
How you can opine the loss of arguably the best LB in the world is insignificant is beyond me.Zhirkov is a good cover but definately he's no AC.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Sauron1: 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
kay_pumpin:

How you can opine the loss of arguably the best LB is insignificant is beyond me.Zhirkov is a good cover but definately he's no AC.

Is Vidic's absence significant?
Chelsea and Man Utd are big teams. The loss of a single player won't affect nowt.

Did they miss Drogba's absence during the ACN?
Matter of fact, AC's injury is a blessing in disguise to their leaky defence.

Zhirkov will stay solid at the back unlike AC who loves to bomb forward like a Billy-goat on HEAT.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

Is Vidic's absence significant?
Chelsea and Man Utd are big teams. The loss of a single player won't affect nowt.

Try to make sense sometimes - replacing Vidic and Rio with Evans and Wes (both with substantial premiership experience) is not the same thing as replacing Cashley with Zhirkov who might not even have played 10 games so far in his debut season.

Did they miss Drogba's absence during the ACN?

How many games did they play without him?  With the effects of snow, the games they played in his absence was at the bare minimum.

Matter of fact, AC's injury is a blessing in disguise to their leaky defence.

Zhirkov will stay solid at the back unlike AC who loves to bomb forward like a Billy-goat on HEAT.

I'd say you're so way off the mark you might as well be talking about another club. Chelski has been conceding goals from SET PIECES not from counter attacks. Unless Zhirkov is massively better than Cashley (I'd doubt that greatly) at defending set pieces, then he is unlikely to improve Chelski defensively. In attack Cashley will also be greatly missed.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Sauron1: 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2010
debosky:

Try to make sense sometimes - replacing Vidic and Rio with Evans and Wes (both with substantial premiership experience) is not the same thing as replacing Cashley with Zhirkov who might not even have played 10 games so far in his debut season.

Once again, your logic exudes an EPIC FAIL.
Evans started playing in the Starting XI one day. Zhirkov is no slouch. He will cope very well.

How many games did they play without him? With the effects of snow, the games they played in his absence was at the bare minimum.

They won all the games they played in his absence.
That is the most important factor.
No single player is bigger than Chelsea or Man Utd. Only yeye clubs like Arsenal whine over the absence of a single player and blame their woes on him.

I'd say you're so way off the mark you might as well be talking about another club. Chelski has been conceding goals from SET PIECES not from counter attacks. Unless Zhirkov is massively better than Cashley (I'd doubt that greatly) at defending set pieces, then he cannot improve Chelski defensively. In attack Cashley will also be greatly missed.

Nothing will change.
Chelsea have lost games with/without Ashley before this injury.
Chelsea will still win/lose games after Ashley's injury. Chelsea's strength is not their defence. . . .It's their midfield/attack.
If any player gets crocked in the back four, it's no BIGGIE. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

Once again, your logic exudes an EPIC FAIL.
Evans started playing in the Starting XI one day. Zhirkov is no slouch. He will cope very well.

We shall see - I suspect Zhirkov is not physically ready for the premiership yet and will suffer a bit in that LB role.

They won all the games they played in his absence.
That is the most important factor.
No single player is bigger than Chelsea or Man Utd. Only yeye clubs like Arsenal whine over the absence of a single player and blame their woes on him.

We also went on a 10 game run without a striker so what are you on about? Cashley is vastly important to the team - this is not a matter of blaming woes on one player, but it WILL have an impact.

Nothing will change.
Chelsea have lost games with/without Ashley before this injury.
Chelsea will still win/lose games after Ashley's injury. Chelsea's strength is not their defence. . . .It's their midfield/attack.
If any player gets crocked in the back four, it's no BIGGIE. grin

Chelski's strength is not their defence? Which top 4 side has scored against them this season? Their defensive record is only one goal short of being the best in the division and defence is not their strength?

The only top 4 side to have stopped the highest scoring team (Arsenal NOT Man Utd with 10 OGs for them) from scoring and defence is not their strength?

Dude maybe you haven't sniffed glue with Ando tonight. . . .go meet him for your fix ASAP!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by rasputinn(m): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2010
@ Sharon

Quit being hypocritical,God knows you're having an o.r.gasm as a result of the tragedies that have started befalling cheski,even the Drugbar you castigate so frequently,I'm sure you wont mind if he fractures a metartasel that will rule him out of their clash with manure as well as the rest of the season

@ Seun
Quit editing my words,you take the real meaning out of 'em
How can you refer to o.r.gasm as heavely feeling?pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Sauron1: 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2010
debosky:

We shall see - I suspect Zhirkov is not physically ready for the premiership yet and will suffer a bit in that LB role.

Physically ready or not, he is better than any human being Arsenal play as a left back.

We also went on a 10 game run without a striker so what are you on about? Cashley is vastly important to the team - this is not a matter of blaming woes on one player, but it WILL have an impact.

Like Ronaldo's absence had an impact on Man Utd, huh?
Like Henry's exit had a massive impact on Arsenal in 2007/8 season?
Football fans and their myopia. . . . .tsssk tsssk!!!!

Chelski's strength is not their defence?   Which top 4 side has scored against them this season? Their defensive record is only one goal short of being the best in the division and defence is not their strength?  

It is not.
Only Birmingham and Aston Villa can boast of a robust defence this season.
Chelsea and Man Utd have failed massively in that aspect cos they continue to let in needless goals.

The only top 4 side to have stopped the highest scoring team (Arsenal NOT Man Utd with 10 OGs for them) from scoring and defence is not their strength?  

They still have to come to OT.
Keep that statement until they come to OT and stop United from scoring.
P.S. The highest scoring team is Man Utd.

Dude maybe you haven't sniffed glue with Ando tonight. . . .go meet him for your fix ASAP!

As usual, you are talking outta your rectum again.

rasputinn:

@ Sharon

Quit being hypocritical,God knows you're having an heavenly feeling as a result of the tragedies that have started befalling cheski,even the Drugbar you castigate so frequently,I'm sure you wont mind if he fractures a metartasel that will rule him out of their clash with manure as well as the rest of the season

Drogba is yet to score a league goal against Man Utd in 11 attempts.
As long as Evans and Vidic are alive. . . . .Nobody worries about Drogba at OT!!!
Samir Nasri poses more threat to Man Utd than Drogba and Nasri is still shyte. grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by rasputinn(m): 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

Physically ready or not, he is better than any human being Arsenal play as a left back.

Did you just say that or it fell through your gap tooth,have you seen an unfit Zhirkov play?even when he's fit,he's worse than Taiye Taiwo.There's a reason I don't want to be on Clichy's case,I suspect he's less than 80% fit,so don't even compare him with Zhir-who?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Sauron1: 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2010
rasputinn:

Did you just say that or it fell through your gap tooth,have you seen an unfit Zhirkov play?even when he's fit,he's worse than Taiye Taiwo.There's a reason I don't want to be on Clichy's case,I suspect he's less than 80% fit,so don't even compare him with Zhir-who?

Clichy is worse than Gibbs.
By May, Arsenal fans would realise it was Clichy that gave United their 4th title with his shambolic defending.
Nani used Clichy over and over again like a $2 slut. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by rasputinn(m): 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
^^^
Which Clichy,the fit or unfit one

BTW,that disaster is looming chelski in the face and their EPL future is worse than bleak doesn't in any way imply that the title is manure's already,mark my words
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Sauron1: 10:22pm On Feb 11, 2010
rasputinn:

^^^
Which Clichy,the fit or unfit one

BTW,that disaster is looming chelski in the face and their EPL future is worse than bleak doesn't in any way imply that the title is manure's already,mark my words

Hehehehehe
After Nani tore Clichy a new butt-hole, GAYnners are now saying he wasn't FIT?
Cheese n Rice. . . . . . .Was he fit when he let Birmingham equalise in 2007/8 that led to Gallas throwing tantrums on the pitch? grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by rasputinn(m): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

Hehehehehe
After Nani tore Clichy a new butt-hole, GAYnners are now saying he wasn't FIT?
Cheese n Rice. . . . . . .Was he fit when he let Birmingham equalise in 2007/8 that led to Gallas throwing tantrums on the pitch? grin grin grin

Every player has his off day,Clichy when he's fit always has one of the best work rates,trots forward to support the attack and recovers faster than Cashley womanliness and Evra(though I like Evra for saying the France/Ireland world cup qualifier should be replayed on PS),so Clichy is way ahead of your Zhirkov,just wait till Carlotti drafts him in,you'll see wha I'm saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (99)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.