Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

I Pity Dora - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pity Dora (5420 Views)

I Pity The New Ooni's Wife / Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths / Fayose Is A Domestic Animal, I Pity The People Of Ekiti --- IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pity Dora by kenerep: 1:28am On Dec 09, 2009
Sorry to say this but I sincerely think Dora has lost it and she has dined with the devil called Nigerian politicians and therefore she is one of them and now a BIG DOPE!
Re: I Pity Dora by vislabraye(m): 1:53am On Dec 09, 2009
tensor777:

Its complete rubbish anyway to hold the minister responsible for the country's image.

Nigerians really need to grow up, take responsibility for their own lives and start doing the right thing. Practically this means shopping the fraudsters, the robbers, the kidnappers and the ritualists in their midst.

There is no minister of information that can do this.

Yes there's limit to what the minister of Info can do as alighted, but the fact is that she's not effective in what she's doing. Q.E.D. No one is trying

to blame her for the woes of Nigeria. I felt she should have remained where she was fulfilled and well celebrated and not going into a field she has

no expertise. Dora of all people should know that the best way to re brand is by action and not by slogans. When she was in NAFDAC, she was able

to re brand the the nation in a significant way. But now she's trying to re brand by slogan while the most important things are not done.
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2009
straight to the point, vislabraye!
Re: I Pity Dora by olisa07: 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2009
Too bad for her

After spiting she went back and lick it.

Although she is deef to all these comments

because she is not ready to queit, the average nigeria mentality.
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2009
vislabraye:

Yes there's limit to what the minister of Info can do as alighted, but the fact is that she's not effective in what she's doing. Q.E.D. No one is trying

to blame her for the woes of Nigeria. I felt she should have remained where she was fulfilled and well celebrated and not going into a field she has

no expertise. Dora of all people should know that the best way to re brand is by action and not by slogans. When she was in NAFDAC, she was able

to re brand the the nation in a significant way. But now she's trying to re brand by slogan while the most important things are not done.

You still don't get the main point.

Clearly rebranding of the nation would involve the dissemination of information which is where Dora comes in.
But the onus is on Nigerian citizens to actually listen to the slogans and take the necessary actions which would result in an improvement in the nations brand.

You can't get away from the crux of the matter which is that those who choose to spoil Nigeria's image would have to be exposed and denounced by Nigerians themselves  for there to be sucessful rebranding.
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2009
tensor777, empty slogans have never rebranded any nation that i know of.
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
You still don't get the main point.

Clearly rebranding of the nation would involve the dissemination of information which is where Dora comes in.
But the onus is on Nigerian citizens to actually listen to the slogans and take the necessary actions which would result in an improvement in  the nations brand.

You can't get away from the crux of the matter which is that those who choose to spoil Nigeria's image would have to be exposed and denounced by Nigerians themselves  for there to be sucessful rebranding.

Who are these Nigerians you are refering to? Corrupt Nigerians are walking freely on our streets we all know them. E.g Benin- Ore road has become a death trap we all know whom was given the contract and he did nothing. Is it the common Nigerians or the govt that issued out the contract that will go after the contractor? Or do you want to tell me that EFCC is not aware of such dubious contract and others of such? Let me tell you, the govt who is suppose to enforce this corruption law is corrupt itself. So, what do you expect from such govt and its 'bull dog'-EFCC? They will only go after their political opponents who are corrupt or after those who have betrayed them e.g Bode George
Re: I Pity Dora by stede(m): 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2009
Dora has really lost her integrity
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2009
There is absolutely no reason to pity Dora.

I think she can hold her head up high and say she answered the call to serve and is doing it creditably well.

It is up to  Nigerians themselves to respond positively to her rebranding campaign and expose those that are tarnishing the nation's brand.
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 11, 2009
To me Dora is up to sumtin in ds country.she is a wolf in sheeps clothin.a woman who schoold tru out on scholarshp.does it mean she ìs d most intelligent person in ds country?all her kids r scholars too even sum dat r as dumba.ss as jack.my ex is her cousin and i knw hw bad she talkd abt her on d home front.she is nt as gud as she appears in public.she is a big PRETENDER and tank God i am nt her fan.talkin abt rebrandin,i tink she shld start frm rebrandin herself on d domestic level.in d first place,why did she hv to gv her daughter to briton even wn her husband opposed it.does it mean there is no eligible bachelor in ds country both home & abroad?i bet she did wat she did in nafdac jst to gain international recognition.dat woman is formin a strong ally for herself wit britain&usa.dat woman is a dangerous POLITICIAN even more deadly dan dose FOOLS dat put her position.she is woman to watch out for,one day dat woman wil take over ds country.DORA pls rebrand urself first.
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 11, 2009
To me Dora is up to sumtin in ds country.she is a wolf in sheeps clothin.a woman who schoold tru out on scholarshp.does it mean she ìs d most intelligent person in ds country?all her kids r scholars too even sum dat r as dumba.ss as jack.my ex is her cousin and i knw hw bad she talkd abt her on d home front.she is nt as gud as she appears in public.she is a big PRETENDER and tank God i am nt her fan.talkin abt rebrandin,i tink she shld start frm rebrandin herself on d domestic level.in d first place,why did she hv to gv her daughter to briton even wn her husband opposed it.does it mean there is no eligible bachelor in ds country both home & abroad?i bet she did wat she did in nafdac jst to gain international recognition.dat woman is formin a strong ally for herself wit britain&usa.dat woman is a dangerous POLITICIAN even more deadly dan dose FOOLS dat put her position.she is woman to watch out for,one day dat woman wil take over ds country.DORA pls rebrand urself first.
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2009
that woman is definiyely up to something and i know what post she's gunning for! wink
Re: I Pity Dora by toshmann(m): 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2009
she is just another politician. . . . . all they do is lie and decieve.
Re: I Pity Dora by Obinoscopy(m): 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2009
Dora shouldn't have accepted the offer of Minister for Information because it will make her lie and give opinions that are skewed this is because she has to talk on behalf of a corrupt and inefficient government.
If I were her, I'd start lobbying for the position of Minister for Health, there she can create a niche for herself and make landmark achievements in the health sector.
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2009
Yet who here when called to serve the nation in a political capacity would decline the call. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with being an information minister.
Re: I Pity Dora by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2009
tensor777:

There is absolutely no reason to pity Dora.

I think she can hold her head up high and say she answered the call to serve and is doing it creditably well.

It is up to Nigerians themselves to respond positively to her rebranding campaign and expose those that are tarnishing the nation's brand.

She answered the call to serve and is doing creditably well? How well? Pray tell? Putting out yet another MAMSA Rebranding slogan in a country where the same has been done by most every administration in much the same manner?

It is up to Nigerians to respond? You mean if you were given a job as an Advertising Executive, you would tell your boss it is up to the poeple to decide if they want to purchase the goods of not, while you sit back hoping that they would?
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2009
she's a politrician grin
Re: I Pity Dora by blacksta(m): 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2009
Dora, Dora, Dora

It will be foolish to say that Dora did not know what she was bargaining for. In a more civilised society a pharmacist would never have made the position of Minister of Information. Another side to the coin no genuinely ruled country will have the position of Information minister except to broadcast propaganda.
Re: I Pity Dora by Obinoscopy(m): 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
tensor777:

Yet who here when called to serve the nation in a political capacity would decline the call. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with being an information minister.
Everything is Intrinsically wrong being the Minister for Information in Nigeria. This is because you'll have to spend all your energy lying for the inefficient & ineffective government.
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
You know if you don't have any specific allegations against Dora then it seems pointless posting here. If you harbour ill-will or hatred towards any federal government official then thats your own problem.

At the end of the day she is a freeborn citizen of Nigeria and hence she has every right to hold political office. She does not owe anybody in Nigeria, or outside Nigeria, any explanation or apology for taking up such an appontment.
Re: I Pity Dora by MacTyor(m): 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2009
Haaaa, the PDP bone is too long now for her to swallow. grin[b]
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
tensor777 i agree with you. dora owes nobody any explanation for being economical with the truth about the ekiti re-run elections! grin
Re: I Pity Dora by slimes(m): 11:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
Well ,she can equally rebrand herself.
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2009
well, it looking like she's more in need of 'rebranding' than she's willing to admit grin
Re: I Pity Dora by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2009
tensor777:

You know if you don't have any specific allegations against Dora then it seems pointless posting here. If you harbour ill-will or hatred towards any federal government official then thats your own problem.
At the end of the day she is a freeborn citizen of Nigeria and hence she has every right to hold political office. She does not owe anybody in Nigeria, or outside Nigeria, any explanation or apology for taking up such an appontment.

But @Tensor777, you made some non-backed up claims yourself and I did you ask you questions regarding those in my last post. I don’t personally harbor ill-will or hatred towards any of federal employee ( NOTE: they are employees and not gods). They work for the people and I believe the people have a RIGHT to critic the works of these individuals, and to gauge their competency level at least.

According to you, Dora is doing a great job and I ask, what great job has she done so far? Since she become the Minister of Information, what has changed? Can the average individual on the street state for a fact that the minister of information has improved anything in the area of information, at least, since taking office?

PS: Please do not sell me the NEW MANTRA reason, because I have lived through at least 10 of those schemes and I see absolutely nothing new with what she has offered so far and what was during administrations past.
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2009
friend, why waste your time trying to reason with people like tensor777?
Re: I Pity Dora by Kobojunkie: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2009
This was taken from the Ministry of Information and culture website

http://www.fmic.gov.ng/pages.asp?Index=194&phead=121

[size=13pt]MISSION

To provide the citizenry with credible and timely information on government activities, programmes and initiatives; while creating an enabling technological environment for socio-economic development of the nation.[/size]

VISION
To create a proactive technology driven public information hub, with effective feedback mechanism as well as telecommunications transformation in line with global best practices.

[size=13pt]MANDATE
To proactively inform, enlighten, and educate the citizenry on the activities, actions, policies and programmes of government and to initiate and supervise telecommunications policies in Nigeria.[/size]

The corporate goals and objectives of the Federal Ministry of Information are derived from policy directives and guidelines on management of public information as may be defined or prescribed by the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces from time to time.
Re: I Pity Dora by Kobojunkie: 7:42am On Dec 16, 2009
Also

http://www.fmic.gov.ng/pages.asp?Index=195

Functions
To serve as the Federal Public Information outfit responsible for professional policy-making,planning, gathering, processing, packaging and dissemination of essential and vital information which will enhance and facilitate democratic governance of Nigeria as a Federal Republic.

To provide professional information services which will project the image and reputation of the Federal Government and her people as a responsible society.
To develop, design, institutionalize appropriate and generally acceptable public information and communication policies which will promote information management and control in a democratic society.

To initiate action programmes, policies, rules and regulations which will ensure the existence and maintenance of civilized and orderly information and communication systems in Nigeria consistent with acceptable cultural and conventional norms and ethics of the Nigerian people and world community.

To provide broad and specific guidelines for development management and operation of print and electronic media for education, public enlightenment, entertainment and socio-economic and political development and orientation. In this respect, the Ministry maintain appropriate relationship with he Press and the Government.

To conduct research, surveys and studies which will enhance better understanding of the relevance,impact and approach to public information and their implications for public policies and programmes.

To provide general printing and publishing services to all ministries for effective public administration and to educational, business and international organizations for their use.
To represent Nigeria at International level for conferences on information.

Re: I Pity Dora by sashbaby(f): 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2009
She should have taken a bow at the height of her success. She had no business taking this job. really power intoxicates.Dora was afraid of not being relevant in the society which is a typical way of honoring hard work in Nigeria. its sad to see her sweat profusely. her comments on the state of the nation leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2009
^^Perhaps she sees herself now as a professional politician rather than as a pharmacist,  But then again she has every right to choose her career path.
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2009
depends on what you mean by professional politician.
Re: I Pity Dora by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
@tensor777, I am waiting for your response on her credibility here. The nation has been in the dark about the situation with the president. What we have had to deal with are the many RUMOUR filled publications from questionable sources. What is up with that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PMB / Yoruba-hausa Clash At Dangote Cement Factory In Ogun State, 30 Vehicles Burnt / More Troubles For Emir Sanusi As Ganduje Presents Sanusi With 3 Options

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.